Exchange - limit users

Hi,
I would like to send e-mail with a lot of users, maybe more than 10.000
(partner list). Is there any users limit recepient in Exchange 2003 or any
default number of users in BCC field?

Thnx.

Yes, there are limits.  Look around on the properties of your Default SMTP
Virtual Server and you should be able to figure out what your limits are set
at.

You also may want to take a look under your Global Settings, Message
Delivery properties.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Dan" <dan_REMOVE_@ihson.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I would like to send e-mail with a lot of users, maybe more than 10.000
> (partner list). Is there any users limit recepient in Exchange 2003 or any
> default number of users in BCC field?
>
> Thnx.

0
Ben
8/6/2006 12:40:54 AM
"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@nospamdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
in message news:OPDZ0DPuGHA.2148@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Yes, there are limits.  Look around on the properties of your Default SMTP
> Virtual Server and you should be able to figure out what your limits are
> set at.

SBS 2003. In Exchange >- Connectors >- SBS SMTP Connector I can't find
limits field...

> You also may want to take a look under your Global Settings, Message
> Delivery properties.

On Default field >- there is only Recepient limits. I need to provide
Sending limits to no-limit.

Thnx.

It's not on the Connector.  It's on the Default SMTP Virtual Server.

Server, Protocols, SMTP, Default SMTP Virtual Server properties.

--

> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@nospamdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
> in message news:OPDZ0DPuGHA.2148@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Yes, there are limits.  Look around on the properties of your Default
>> SMTP
>> Virtual Server and you should be able to figure out what your limits are
>> set at.
>
> SBS 2003. In Exchange >- Connectors >- SBS SMTP Connector I can't find
> limits field...
>
>> You also may want to take a look under your Global Settings, Message
>> Delivery properties.
>
> On Default field >- there is only Recepient limits. I need to provide
> Sending limits to no-limit.
>
> Thnx.

0
Ben
8/6/2006 8:36:33 PM
"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@nospamdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
in message news:eC9p7fZuGHA.4852@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> It's not on the Connector.  It's on the Default SMTP Virtual Server.
>
> Server, Protocols, SMTP, Default SMTP Virtual Server properties.

Ah, great!
So, where I can setup unlimited outbound e-mail messages (or limited at
50.000)?

"Dan" <dan_REMOVE_@ihson.com> wrote:

>"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@nospamdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
>in message news:eC9p7fZuGHA.4852@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> It's not on the Connector.  It's on the Default SMTP Virtual Server.
>>
>> Server, Protocols, SMTP, Default SMTP Virtual Server properties.
>>

>Ah, great!
>So, where I can setup unlimited outbound e-mail messages (or limited at
>50.000)?

You don't want to set that value on the SMTP Virtual Server!

Set it on the Global Settings -> Message Delivery -> "Default" tab.

The SMTP Virtual Server setting determines how many RCPT TO commands
it will send or accept in one transaction (between MAIL FROM and
DATA), not how many recipients are allowed for a message. Setting this
value no lower than 100 is acceptable. Setting it too high opens you
to DoS attacks and lots of spam.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> You don't want to set that value on the SMTP Virtual Server!
>
> Set it on the Global Settings -> Message Delivery -> "Default" tab.
>
> The SMTP Virtual Server setting determines how many RCPT TO commands
> it will send or accept in one transaction (between MAIL FROM and
> DATA), not how many recipients are allowed for a message. Setting this
> value no lower than 100 is acceptable. Setting it too high opens you
> to DoS attacks and lots of spam.

Hi,
I'm using SBS Exchange with POP3 Connector (ADSL connection), so who cares
for DoS :-)

Message Delivery - no limits.
Default SMTP Virtual Server - General - no limit number

Thnx for your help.

"Dan" <dan_REMOVE_@ihson.com> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>I'm using SBS Exchange with POP3 Connector (ADSL connection), so who cares
>for DoS :-)

That depends on how the kludge works, right?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Exchange 5.5 EDB questions
Hello, I have an exchange 5.5 server, which is running on Windows 2000 server. I have set it up so that I can try to recover some data from a stray pub.edb file. I have tried using the edbutil/eseutil to try and recover the database and change the headers, but I cannot find a definitive answer to the following question. 'How do I import a foreign PUB.EDB folder into my exchange database, and allow users to access it as a folder (Public)?' Thanks in advance, James Copp-Taylor You do not import .edb into Exchange database. You perform disaster recovery, export data to .pst, then imp...

Exchange 5.5
We have an IBM Netfinity 5000 server running Windows NT4, and Exchange Server 5.5 Over the last 2-3 weeks, Outlook has been freezing, not sending messages ("Operation failed"), and Exchange has been just crashing at odd times and unpredictable times The event log shows a lot of 'Error 0xfffffbd3 occurred on message 1-EB1F8B1 during a background cleanup' type messages. when someone trys to send a message it sometimes comes up with "Operation failed" If the user opens a new email, and then cuts and pastes the text from the failed message into the new email, it goes o...

SBS Exchange 2003: Create new user in AD but no exchange mailbox #3
I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. When I create a new user using Active Directory, it prompts me about creating a mail box. It says it's creating a mailbox, then it's done. But no mailbox appears. In fact, if I use the Exchange tasks wizard, I can create, delete, and recreate the mailbox--all say successful without an error message. And yet, no mailbox. This is even after I reboot the PC and sent email to the address. Any ideas what's going on? mike.aes@gmail.com wrote: > I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. > > When I create a new user ...

Error when adding new user to CRM
Hello all, I need to add 5 new users into CRM. When I complete the first form for the user information such as Last name, First name, email address, etc, then click the save button I receive an error page and the following message is logged in the Application log. MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: The statement has been terminated. Error Message: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not avail...

How can I turn of zooming so that users can't change size of work.
I have about 50 worksheets and the employees will be updating there own worksheet. Some like to change the size of the worksheet by zooming out which makes it hard for me to read. Is there a way that I can set the zooming to a specific percent and then no let anybody change it? Thanks, cwwolfdog I think I'd let the other users do whatever they found comfortable. But I'd have a macro that changed the zoom to what I liked -- I could run that whenever I wanted on whatever window is showing. Something like: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myWindow As Window Dim wks As...

Symantec Gateway Security 360 with Win2000/Exchange Server
Exchange Server was not changed Windows 2000 Small Business Server was not changed New Cisco 1841 Router New Symantec Gateway Security 360. All outbound email is functioning properly except email sent to a few domains, ie: AOL. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: XXXXXXXXXX Sent: 2/17/07 12:06 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xxxxxxxxxxxx@aol.com on 2/19/07 12:18 PM Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <servername.com #4.4.7> any ideas of how the SGS-360 needs ...

exchange 2003 +recepient update services
Hi i have this issue for months now. I have win2k AD network with exchange 2003. My pdc went down, but before it went down i managed to transfer all the FSO roles to my secondary domain controller successful. All seemed well, but then when i access exchage system manager to create a mailbox for a new user it gets up to 60% on the task but then throws up an error message of : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?> - <taskWizardRun taskName="Create Mailbox" dcName="DC2" buildNumber="6944" runningAs="Administrator@domain....

Need HELP with Exchange Restore/Recovery
Details: 2003 sp2 Exchange Server Enterprise 2003 sp1 Server Enterprise C: drive is 100GB Logical Drive over x4 36GB drives in a RAID 5 set D: drive is 280GB Logical Drive over x5 70GB drives in a RAID 5 set Domain Controller Last night I upgraded our 2003 sp1 Exchange to sp2 + any O/S hot fixes and DST fix. No problem with the upgrade or hot fix, but @ about 200 a.m. I lost two of the five drives in the RAID 5 set (drive D) that had the exchange install. I’m currently replacing the hardware & bringing up the drives & going to recreate the D: drive. (server is bootable) I h...

Outlook 2002 on Exchange 5.5 -- RTF to Plain Text issues
The owner of our company wants ALL email sent to him in Rich Text Format so he can use an abbreviation program he has that works with MS Word when replying. I created a document telling people how to change their settings for Outlook to ensure all messages are sent in Rich Text. My problem is that since he travels so much he wants to be a POP user on our server. If I send him a message from my PC directly connected to the Exchange server he receives it in RTF. If the President of the company (who is also a POP user) sends him a msg in RTF he receives it in Plain Text. He wants me to expla...

How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange 2003 ?
How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange 2003 ? (make BCC field unvalible) In news:u6NrOZiyFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, RikS <riks.tw@yahoo.com.tw> typed: > How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange > 2003 ? (make BCC field unvalible) Don't know how you'd do this offhand, but I wouldn't. If users are misusing BCC, educate them, and make this an HR issue. It really isn't a technical one. HI Riks go to new mail over there on toolbar u will be getting option in that opti...

Copying inbox from one account to another on exchange 2003
Hi I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is there a way to do that? I tried copying to the public folder then copying from public to new account - but the dates changed to todays date for all emails! Any thoughts? Use PSTs. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Ali" <Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67F087A-39D7-4DBA-947D-F20F63574952@microsoft.com... > Hi > I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is > t...

Exchange doesnt start at boot up problem.
Hi well here we go today for some reason exchange stopped and i mean totally we found out that asp and iis had totally disappeared?. So we re-install them and then re ran exchange with the disaster recovery switch. And everything seemed fine but how wrong i am. Ok so here we go:- Around 50 % of the users get an error message after send and recive 0x80040111 they recieve and send emails but the error appears these users are unable to send email through owa either. All other users are unaffected except for mac users using entourage they are unable to do anything at all (pop3). Also GFI stop...

Exchange and hotmail
I've recently setup an Exchange 2003 server. Everything seems to be working well except one thing. When I try to send mail from a hotmail account to a user on the exchange domain, the message is bounced back to the hotmail account. I've read about PTR records and how some ISP's are trying to do use this to block spam, but I have sent mail from AOL and yahoo and the messages went through. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks, John Here is the posted message. Thanks, John From : <postmaster@mail.hotmail.com> Sent : Wednesday, July 7, 2004 3:57 PM To : us...

Mail Delivery Locally Between Two Exchange servers Locally
Hi, 1) I have two Exchange servers hosting Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003 in the same subnet. 2) two domains are different from each other (DmainA.com.sg, DonainB.com.sg). 3) When these exchange servers send mails, it will go through the SMTP of its own. 4) when DomainA send mail to DomainB or viseversa it will go through the SMTP which results slow delivery of mail. Q:- 1) is there any way i can configure these servers to deliver mail to each other directly. 2) on Exchange 2000 any mail for DomainB must go through any conector,deliver directly or smar...

OL2007+Exchange: Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...!
I'm seeing a very strange issue with my Outlook2007 (against Exchange)... Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...! Steps: 1. Send an email. Sent email gets saved under Outlook's default "Mailbox\SentItems" folder. 2. Go to that SentItems folder, and move the mail to another folder (let's say "Foobar") under your inbox. 3. Go to "Foobar", make sure mail is still there. 4. Let Outlook Sync up with Exchange server (or hit "Send and Receive"). 5. You will notice that the mail disappears... ! I did a full text search in my ...

exchange store backup problem
I have a job slotted for every night. It does the following 1. ntbackup server state to a backup file A on harddriv 2. ntbackup exchange store to a backup file B on harddriv 3. ntbackup entire server (excluding server state and exchange store) to 8mm mammouth driv This works great most of the time. My problem is, about once a week when it gets mid way through step 2 the server will just shutdown. It almost feels like a hardware problem but that it does not do it all the time. In fact it did it this last weekend and that was the first time it had done it in about 3-4 weeks.. but ...

Unable to Migrate Exchange 5.5 mail boxes to 2003 with the Migration Wizard
Hi, We are trying to migrate from and NT4 Domain with Exchange 5.5 to 2003/AD with Exchage 2003. We have the AD Domain set up. The NT4 Domain is still in place and on the same network, so our AD domain is similar but different (the "inc" has been dropped from the NetBIOS name). We have 2 Domain Controllers, and a brand new system to run Exchange 2003 on. It is clean, only has the OS and Exchange on it (we have problems when we get the critical updates. It seems linked to the exchange database going belly up, and we can't install exchange in the first place if the updates are ap...

Excel limited cell formats
I have run into Excel's limit on 4000 cell foremats. I have since split the excel workbook into two separate workbooks. My question is, how can I launch these from a template and have the two workbooks link with each other, My original workbook has 25 separate sheets within the workbook for a total of 3.25mb size. I have a whole slew of macros assigned to different command buttons. Mike Johnson ...

>2 GB OST limit in OL2K vs. OL2K3
I have been told that the 2 GB local cached limit has been eliminated in Outlook 2003. However, does this only apply to a local cached copy created from scratch by Outlook 2003, rather than an upgrade of Outlook 2003 over an older install of Outlook 2000 which already has created a .ost file? The reason I ask is that I've noticed some of my Outlook 2003 client receiving the "offline file can't be >2 GB" error message, and the common factor is that all those clients were done as in place upgrades to OL2K3, over Outlook 2000 which was already set up for offline Send/Receiv...

Excel user information
I am interested in learning about who uses Excel and how they use it. For example, what percentage of users have had formal training; how many use VLookup, or how many build models from scratch. Does anyone know of a source for such information? Thanks. Steve Powell No idea where you would get official stats, if indeed they even exist (Which i doubt), but happy to give you my personal guess:- Formal Training - Less than 1% Use VLOOKUP - Less than 10% Build Models - Depends on definition of what a model is. A couple of cells of data with a formula could be construed as a model, so I...

Lookup Function in user form
I have a combo box (cboitem1) and a text box (txtprice1). I am using the code below to have txtprice1 fill with the corresponding price the worksheet: Private Sub Cboitem1_Change() If cboItem1 <> "" Then txtprice1.Value = Excel.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(cboItem1.Value, Sheets("Pizzas").Range("A1:B65536"), 2, False) End If End Sub It works perfectly when you enter an existing value in cboitem1. However if 'the user' accidently types a letter that is not the first letter of one of the existing items VB debugging pops up with error &qu...

upgrading to exchange 2003 07-09-04
Hello, We are upgrading to exchange 2003 from exchange 2000. What do we need to do to keep our crm 1.2 working? Thanks Might be necessary to re-install the CRM email router on the exchange server once you've completed the upgrade. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >We are upgrading to exchange 2003 from exchange 2000. >What do we need to do to keep our crm 1.2 working? > >Thanks >. > ok, thanks >-----Original Message----- >Might be necessary to re-install the CRM email router on >the exchange server once you've completed the upgrade. >...

Could Microsoft create a MSPOS user manual?
My customers are asking for one. Guess we were spoiled by RMS Store Operations having one available after Microsoft updated the SMS Commerce manuals. Makes me expect one for MSPOS even though most software no longer has printed manuals. -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solutions ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

SMTP account SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC.......
Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called: SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0}) I dont know what this is? Is this a system mailbox? If not, how did it get there and how can I get rid of it? The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator". Very strange. any help will be appreciated. thanks, john I found the answer here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252341 "john Smith" <smith@fakedomain.com> wrote in message new...

Exchange 5.5 migration
I have SBS NT4 1*PDC with Exch. 5.5 i need upradge to W2K with AC,DNS,Exch. 5.5. Its possible use Active Directory Migration Tool + install Active Drirectory Connector for transfer from PDC to W2K ? What is good idea ? Thanks in advance "Mig45" <mig45@volny.cz> wrote: >I have SBS NT4 1*PDC with Exch. 5.5 i need upradge to W2K with AC,DNS,Exch. >5.5. > >Its possible use Active Directory Migration Tool + install Active Drirectory >Connector for transfer from PDC to W2K ? > >What is good idea ? > > > >Thanks in advance > I think the bes...