Exchange: Internal domain email address for external internet based email accounts

Hi,

Management want to arrange it that affiliated individuals can have an
email address alias from our domain, that will automatically be
forwarded on to their internet based email accounts (hotmail, yahoo
mail etc). I know I can do this by creating user accounts with
mailboxes and then setting a forward to a contact containing their
internet based email addresses, but this seems rather inefficient -
there is no need for their mails to accumulate on mailboxes on our
email servers. Is there a better solution, where outside users can
email to an address that looks like it sits on our domain, but where
our Exchange system will just forward the mails on to their own
personal inboxes? Sorry if this is confusing.

KC

0
test2005 (72)

You can set up forwarding with just the Contact, no Exchange mailbox is
needed. Just create the Contacts which point to outside email addresses, and
then give them an additional SMTP address within your domain for the inbound
mail to come into.

-Peter

"KingCronos" <test2005@bgop.org.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Management want to arrange it that affiliated individuals can have an
> email address alias from our domain, that will automatically be
> forwarded on to their internet based email accounts (hotmail, yahoo
> mail etc). I know I can do this by creating user accounts with
> mailboxes and then setting a forward to a contact containing their
> internet based email addresses, but this seems rather inefficient -
> there is no need for their mails to accumulate on mailboxes on our
> email servers. Is there a better solution, where outside users can
> email to an address that looks like it sits on our domain, but where
> our Exchange system will just forward the mails on to their own
> personal inboxes? Sorry if this is confusing.
>
> KC

0
pdurkee (276)
2/7/2007 6:47:56 PM
On Feb 7, 6:47 pm, "Peter Durkee" <pdur...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> You can set up forwarding with just the Contact, no Exchange mailbox is
> needed. Just create the Contacts which point to outside email addresses, and
> then give them an additional SMTP address within your domain for the inbound
> mail to come into.
>
> -Peter
>
> "KingCronos" <test2...@bgop.org.uk> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > Management want to arrange it that affiliated individuals can have an
> > email address alias from our domain, that will automatically be
> > forwarded on to their internet based email accounts (hotmail, yahoo
> > mail etc). I know I can do this by creating user accounts with
> > mailboxes and then setting a forward to a contact containing their
> > internet based email addresses, but this seems rather inefficient -
> > there is no need for their mails to accumulate on mailboxes on our
> > email servers. Is there a better solution, where outside users can
> > email to an address that looks like it sits on our domain, but where
> > our Exchange system will just forward the mails on to their own
> > personal inboxes? Sorry if this is confusing.
>
> > KC- Hide quoted text -

Thanks

0
test2005 (72)

invalid email address

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Invalid Account on the Security Tab
I deleted an account from AD, and it was listed under the security tab of my server (in ESM), to have full mailbox rights to the information store. I tried removing the inherited permissions, and removing the acct. The I set the inherited permissions back, and the invalid acct. comes back. Does anyone know how I can remove this invalid acct. from the security tab? Thanks. Remove it from the top-level where it was granted permissions. When you set inherited permissions and the account comes back, that means that that account has been granted permissions at a higher level. If you'v...

NDRs forwarding to external contact

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Contacts in Exchange #2

Filters not working in Exchange 2003