Exchange Information Store does not start after restore

I was restoring an Exchange 5.5 Server from a Veritas
Backup Exec 8.5, then when I try to start the sservice I
get a service-specific error # 939523531.
The instructions in the Microsoft site talk about
transaction log file, but I don't have any.
Can anybody help me?

Thanks.
0
msoftware (1)

if you do not have any transaction log files, that is the problem...What
kind of backup was it?  online, or offline?

"Manuel Marte" <msoftware@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I was restoring an Exchange 5.5 Server from a Veritas
> Backup Exec 8.5, then when I try to start the sservice I
> get a service-specific error # 939523531.
> The instructions in the Microsoft site talk about
> transaction log file, but I don't have any.
> Can anybody help me?
>
> Thanks.

0
susan7353 (1225)

Information store cannot be found when accessing calendars
I have several users who are getting "information store cannot be found" error message when accessing calendars in Outlook 2000. Server is Exchange 2003 On 26 Sep 2006 08:02:36 -0700, "david.carr@gmail.com" <david.carr@gmail.com> wrote: >I have several users who are getting "information store cannot be >found" error message when accessing calendars in Outlook 2000. Server >is Exchange 2003 But not all users and not all the time? Elaborate.. These are only our HR and secretarial staff so its only a few of them and they are trying to look at cale...

Exchange 5.5 quick question
I know this is an old version, we spent a ton of cash on Server 2k3 and exchange 2k3 but it wont migrate, so we're kind of stuck for the moment. I'm just adding a new mailbox (simple, right?) I'm assigning a primary NT account to this new mailbox, but the primary NT account that I want isnt showing up in the list of available accounts, even though it is in the list of accounts in the User Manager for Domains in the Administrative tools in the start menu. I'd really like to migrate to 2k3, but the migration tool is very frustrating, and it doesnt really work, im thin...

What started executing your program?
Folks Just curious. Is there any way of determining what program started executing your program? I'd like to know if someone clicked on a shortcut or if they used Shell or ShellExecute. I doubt it but I thought I'd ask. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/ For a convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files updated see http://www.autofeupdater.com/ Granite Fleet Manager http://www.granitefleet.com/ "To...

New user account/mail box created is not resolving Exchange 2003
I have created a user account and mail enabled the same it happend sucsessfully. when i try to configure outlook2003 it gives me the error "the action could not be completed.the name could not be matched to a name in the address list".I am able to resolve all the existing accounts thru outlook , but the new ids created are not getting resolved. Thanks & regards Raisal Have you check the email addresses of the user account? Make sure RUS is stamping your new user accounts. "Raisal" <Raisal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00872B93-46A4-47...

Exchange 2003
I have a Win2K3 SBS with Exchange 2003. Although everything appears to be working properly, Veritas 9.1 will not backup my Information Store because it says that the database is corrupted. I have gone through the procedure using ESEUTIL to try and repair the various edb files, but the corruption is still there. I seem to remember a knowledge base article which documents how to EXMERGE the mailboxes, blow up the corrupt information store, create a new information store, and then import the EXMERGED mailboxes, but I can't seem to find it. Is there a procedure out there that will do ...

Excel starts and auto loads worksheets
Hi, I'm having a problem when starting Excel 2000. Once it is started, at least 20 worksheets will open with it. Some .doc files try loading, but fail. Has anyone experienced this problem before? Thanks for the help. Find your "XLStart" Folder under your Excel Installed Folder. Any excel file included will OPEN; remove any files you wish not to auto-load. HTH "Rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:026501c3cfe6$dd371c30$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I'm having a problem when starting Excel 2000. Once it is > started, at le...

Change Calender Start date
I want to add this to my code If [ckb7] = -1 Me!tbDateFrom = DateSerial(Year(Date), Month(Date) - 1, 7) Is this possible?.....Thanks for any Help............Bob Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Select Case Me.OpenArgs Case "OwnerStatement" Me.Caption = "Owner Statement" tbDateFrom.value = Format("01-" & Month(Now) & "-" & Year(Now), "dd-mmm-yyyy") tbDateTo.value = Format(Now, "dd-mmm-yyyy") ...

Outlook crashes when I connect to Exchange
For more than a week, Outlook has been crashing, whenever I try to connect to my Exchange server email, contacts, calendar, etc. I have used Outlook for many years, with no major problem. I am using Outlook 2007 with a language pack installed on an Italian version of Vista, running on my home laptop. When I check the event log, it shows one error: "Application that generated the error OUTLOOK.EXE, version 12.0.6514.5000, timestamp 0x4a89dc70, module that generated the error olmapi32.dll, version 12.0.6514.5000, timestamp 0x4a89d653, exception code 0xc0000005, offset error 0...

Getting started tabs
I installed the getting started tab in MS Office 2007 and it does not show up when I open word . The same for Powerpoint and Excel. Any ideas? See the "Important before you download:" information at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=F587370C-FDAE-4EDE-B528-AC58031A5DFF&displaylang=en -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C73D97D3-F091-4F5F-AB24-B...

import Exchange 2003 information stores into newly set up Exchange 2007
Exchange 2007 set up and running beautifully. But I had a previous Exchange 2003 that was running as part of SBS on a different domain that I would like to import private and public information stores into the new Exchange 2007 environment. I have the 2003 information stores copied to a backup directory on the new Exchange server. Any ideas? I thought there might be some command line utility for such. Thanks very much! Don On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:34:59 -0600, "dbj" <dbj@midsouth.rr.com> wrote: >Exchange 2007 set up and running beautifully. But I had a previou...

Connecting to two exchange servers
I work for two seperate companies each of whom has an exchange server. I run outlook 2003 and would like to be able to connect to both servers simultaneously. On each server, I have extensive folder trees of old mail. I also maintain seperate calendars and tasks. I cannot consolidate on a single exchange server because of confidentiality issues and the need to have seperate calendars accessible to other users in each of the two companies. I have so far investigated: - POP but this does not give me the folders. - Profiles but I do not appear to be able to run 2 instances of outlook a...

DFL 2003 AD and Exchange 5.5 Admin console
I have a DFL 2003 AD Domain, with Exchange 5.5. When switching to DFL 2K3 I left the nt4emulator key present so that 2K machines would still see it as an NT domain. Since raising the Domain and Forest levels have nothing to do with clients it was successful. I know that eventually it will need to be removed, however everything works fine. There is a problem on my admin PC's that have the Neutralize NT4 Emulator keys. My Exchange 5.5 administrator is painfully slow. When I create a new domain account and then create a mailbox in Ex5.5 it takes about 30 minutes for the account to po...

Probl�me to start reporting with CRM 3.0
Hello We have the CRM 3.0. In fact I made a report with visual studio 2005 with SQL Server 2005. The report has a hidden parameter. When I The visualized with visual studio, it works well. But when I includes the Level of CRM and try to start my error: "Reporting Services Error" "For more information about this error navigate to the report on the server Local server machine, or enable remote errors " "SQL Server Reporting Services Think you for your assistance Are you using a shared data source in your report? If you run the report directly from the CRM server, it...

Outlook 2002 response delay
I'm a home user of Outlook 2002 SP3. Everything has the latest critical updates and the network is protected by a firewall in my D-Link router and Norton Systemworks 2003. When I start the day, Outlook is lightning fast, but gradually it becomes sluggish, with delayed responses. I'll click to open an e-mail in my inbox (already retrieved from web servers through cable) and Outlook will think...think...think. After anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds the e-mail will open. This also occurs if using the preview pane. I need to know how to troubleshoot. How can I find the root cause for this sl...

Create Formula
I need to create a formula where I add a set number of Networkdays to a start date. Example: Start Date = 1/2/07 Number of Networkdays = 21 End Date = Is calculated If Start = 1/2/07 and 21 Networkdays are added, what is the retured end date???? I can only find example of Networkdays where I would be providing the Start and End Dates, and it will calculate the Networkdays. I can't find example where End Date is calculated based on the number of networkdays from start date. Can anyone help with a valid formula for this? Thanks!! Look for =workday() in Excel's help. (Also part o...

Outlook and exchange #3
Hi, I am running windows XP clients, with Office XP on a small network with SBS2K3. I am trying to attain a view in outlook where, when someone clicks on a date on the calendar they also get a view of their "Tasks" for that day and can quickly get a view of overdue tasks. I have tried this by customising the current view and it does not seem to work. I have tried the 'right mouse click on the tasks pane and choosing the option to change the taskpane view to todays tasks and then to overdue tasks' but this does not work!. I have tried setting filters in the options and this ...

Exchange 2003 Transaction Log Recovery
I am currently looking a way to recover about 8 months worth of email in a users mailbox. The issue at hand was 8 months worth of emails in 1 users mailbox were moved to a pst file. The PST file was stored on the users local C: drive, bad idea I know, and we lost the hard drive. I am aware that i am looking at restoring the private information store and replaying the log files for about 8 months worth of data. Our email environment is a high email flow environment so this will be a massive restoration effort. Are there any tools that will let me mine and rebuild just 1 users mailbo...

How to Restore Outlook's Previous Settings
I was having a problem with Excel 2002 not being able to read any .xls file. After trying several other things to no avail, I reset all the settings in my Office XP (including Outlook) to the default settings. Now I'd like to restore my previous Outlook settings. How do I do this? Thanks in advance. Did you save backups of everything prior to resetting everything to default settings? ...

2003 IMF got installed on Exchange 2000?
I'm looking at some memory dumps and it appears that SMTP is loading the msgfilter.dll from Exchange 2003 and causing the process to crash. The msgfilter.dll is part of the IMF so I am trying to understand how it got installed on this Exchange 2000 server. The dll is currently being loaded as an event sink so it was somehow registered into the metabase. Is it possible that Windows Update or something else installed the 2003 IMF on my Exchange 2000SP3 server? ...

Journaling Exchange 2003
Hello I used to make journaling with Exchange 5.5 with IMSEXT extension . I was able to copy incoming and outgoing emails exchanged with internet in public folders How to make the same thing with Exchange 2003? I saw journaling is possible, but that includes as well the interns mesages as the external messages. Thank you Pierre <Pierre Delmas> wrote: >Hello >I used to make journaling with Exchange 5.5 with IMSEXT extension . >I was able to copy incoming and outgoing emails exchanged with internet in >public folders >How to make the same thing with Exchange 2003? >I...

OWA Exchange 5.5
Good Afternoon: I am in th process of trying to install OWA on a clients SBS 4.5 server. If I got to the logon screen I get the gold screen but once I enter a user name and password the screen goes white and just sits there. ANy ideas? ...

Exchange 2003 Message Tracking #2
When I go into the message tracking center and select the exchange server name of the server that has the mailbox that i'm trying to track message for, it renames itself to another exchange server name. Message tracking is enabled on the Exchange server that I want to search. The logs are in place. The servername.log share is in place and the permissions are correct. The server that I am trying to track is a cluster, that is the only thing that I can think of. I seem to recall having tracked messages in the past and can't think of anything that has changed. I've tried ...

New 2k Exchange w/ existing 2k Exchange Server Problem HELP!!!!!!!
I just installed a new 2000 exchange server on my domain and I am having a problem connecting to it. I have an existing 2000 Exchange server called "BOSS" and my new one is called "exchsrvr" they are both online I am moving my mail box over to the new server "exchsrvr" and I just tried to sync my outlook up to the new one by entering the name of the new server "exchsrvr" and then my name and clicking "Check name" and once i click the "check name" button the server name changes back to my old exchange server "BOSS" how...

Problem with Exchange 2007 and Entourage 2008 connection

syncing mail stores between 2 Exchange 2007 servers?
We have a main location with an AD/file server running Windows Server 2003 R2 32-bit. We also have an Exchange server here running Windows Server 2003 R2 64-bit and Exchange 2007 Standard SP2. We have a second location with a backup AD/file server running Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit. We also have an Exchange server running Windows Server 2008 64-bit and Exchange 2007 Standard SP2. The purpose of this second location is strictly to serve as a backup - if a disaster occurs, the plan would be to restore our file shares and Exchange database to these servers at our second loc...