Exchange in Recovery Mode #4

I'm SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003. When a user opens outlook while on the
network we get this message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode. Have
looked all over and can not find an answer.

Thanks,

Dwayne
Sun Communications Inc.

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:29:21 -0800, Sun Communications
<dwayne@suncommunicationsinc.com> wrote:

>I'm SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003. When a user opens outlook while on the
>network we get this message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode. Have
>looked all over and can not find an answer.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dwayne
>Sun Communications Inc.

Create a new OUtlook Profile.
0
adavid (8731)
3/13/2006 10:36:17 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/UseE2k3RecStorGrps/8442cde5-1628-4a7e-9076-cf14a4b83fc8.mspx

The messsage is generated because the OST file does not match the database
(did you do a restore).  Try deleteing the OST.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/UseE2k3RecStorGrps/61049636-1af3-4b54-a3d0-7e2805aadf4b.mspx

--
Teo Heras

"Sun Communications" wrote:

> I'm SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003. When a user opens outlook while on the
> network we get this message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode. Have
> looked all over and can not find an answer.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dwayne
> Sun Communications Inc.

Naming Ranges #4
Hi, When I name a Range on Sheet1, then make a Copy of Sheet1 to say Sheet2, then access the Define Names dialogbox, I can see the named Range listed twice. One is noted as belonging specifically to Sheet2 and the other appears without a sheet reference. When assiging a name to a Range, can I specify that it belongs to a certain sheet? Also, how would I change this code to assign the sheet name aswell? ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="myRange", RefersToR1C1:="=Sheet1!R1C1:R10C1" I am trying to assign a the name 'Column_Header_Range' to each sheet in my work...

HTML Attachment in OWA on Exchange 2000

Exchange 5.5 to 2000 migration
Is it possible to migrate an existing 5.5 to 2000 using the same computer name? If you mean separate servers with the same name? No. However, if you setup an E2K server in your Ex5.5 org and move the mailboxes over to the new server name, the Outlook profiles will automatically update (if that is your concern). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Concrete" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6b7c01c401...

One domain on exchange server not accepting connections
I setup a second domain on an Exchange 2003 server, and thought everything was working. Now, though, mail going to the second domain gets rejected, but mail going to the original domain is still working. I can telnet to the original domain, but not to the second domain. I've checked everything I know to check (I've setup plenty of domains on Exchange servers, so I believe I've gotten the setting correct), but I just can't get it to work. The MX records are correct, and mail.theseconddomain.com resolves to the right IP address (the same IP as mail.originaldomain.com), so it sh...

exchange 2003 Pop3 access #2
I'm trying to publish smtp and pop3 through isa. neither of the server publishing rules smtp or pop3 work properly. I was able to work around the smtp portion by configuring smtp virtual server on isa then forwarding to the exchange server. so on to pop3 for this scenario: 10.0.0.2 = exchange server ip 10.0.0.1 = isa internal 10.1.0.1 = isa dmz 60.60.60.60 = public ip address of mail server (nat by firewall to dmz interface of isa) I used mail server publishing to publish pop3 from "external" to "10.0.0.2" Following the tuturial on isaserver.org still I am ...

Exchange Server error message
I'm getting this error message from our exchange server 'error 552 too much mail data'. We have enough disk space on the server and we have no limits configured. Any ideas would be appreciated. "techman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm getting this error message from our exchange >server 'error 552 too much mail data'. We have enough disk >space on the server and we have no limits configured. Any >ideas would be appreciated. Does this happen for ALL messages, or just some? It may be that the message contains a line ...

Send-as/Send of behalf Exchange 2k -> 2k3
We've allowed user under our old Exchange 2K server to send emails with different From: addresses (vs the "send on behalf of" option). This worked fine for Contacts and Dept mailboxes (which is just another user), if the users got "Send-As" rights under the security tab for the Contact or Dept mailbox. Now, having migrated to Exchange 2K3, things are different. There have been various posts around, but either I missed the solution/enlightment to my problem or ... [Contacts] After the migration to the new server, users still can sent emails as before with a contact in...

Installed Exchange 2003 Server on new Hardwar... How to get rid of old Exchange 2000 Server?
Hi, Our single domain company (Win 2000 DC's) was running a single Exchange 2000 server. I bought a new server, installed Windows 2003 Server on it, joined it to the domian (non-DC) and then installed Exchange 2003 Server on that and joined it to the site. I then pointed our MX records towards the new box. As soon as I verified connectivity, I began moving user's mailboxes over 1 by 1. Everyone is now running smoothly on the new server. I have not as of yet removed the old server (still on, running, no mialboxes). The problem is, that as soon as I turn off the old Exchange 2000 s...

force clients to Cache Mode with E2K3 SP2
Where is the setting to force Outlook 2003 Clients to Cache Mode in Exchange 2003 Sp2? Thanks On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:03:43 GMT, "BigHaig" <haigo@bxxxx.com> wrote: >Where is the setting to force Outlook 2003 Clients to Cache Mode in Exchange >2003 Sp2? > >Thanks > It doesnt force them, it prevents logon unless the clients are in cache mode. Check the release notes for more info. "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote: > On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:03:43 GMT, "BigHaig" <haigo@bxxxx.com> wrote: > > >Where is the setting t...

How to use excel file created in version earlier than 4.0a in 4.0
Thanks to whomever answered my query but when I opened the email the screen was blank. My laptop is sick. My question was and still is, how can I use my Excel files created in a recent version on my laptop in my PC which is loaded only with Excel 4.0a . Please and thanks. -- Thanks, Ajimmo Hi Ajimmo You can't, the file format changes twice since version 4. You need a newer Excel version, a compatible spreadsheet program, or simply a viewer if all you want to do is view / print the file. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ajimmo" <ajimmo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i m...

CRM 4 Mobile?
I am wondering what options are planned for working with CRM 4.0 on Windows Mobile devices. All my searches so far seem to end with Mobile Express for CRM 3.0 and the Mobile Client for 3.0, and bad links pointing to the old Sandbox on the GotDotNet site. Any information is greatly appreciated. No information at this time ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde "Brett" <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83F08067-EF7F-4190-86F0-019342E06642@microsoft.com... >I am wonder...

date #4
Hi All I live in South Africa, and I have an interesting problem that persists in Excel 2003 and 2007. =TEXT(NOW(),"dd mmm yyyy") returns 15 Dec 2006 =month(now()) returns 12 =text(month(now()),"MMMM") returns January =year(now()) returns 2006 =text(year(now()),"yyyy") returns 1905 Why would this be? Thanks Chris Chris, =text(month(now()),"MMMM") should be =text(now(),"MMMM") and =text(year(now()),"yyyy") should be =text(now(),"yyyy") or just =year(now()) Otherwise, you are calcing the month of the 12th day afte...

First Exchange instal
I just got SBS installed and also configured Exchange (i think). I added an MX record on my hosting account that points to my no-ip.com DNS service. I can send mail fine but i am not recieving. Do i need to contact the Hosting company? ISP? or no-ip.com? Troubleshooting steps when you don't receive internet email: - Since you can send internet mail it is assumed that SMTP service and SMTP virtual server are running, and Store is mounted. 1. Check default email addresses of users - these are the ones shown in the mail attribute and also the ones that start with upper-case SMTP: on th...

blank postcard template 4 x 6
Hi, I have a postcard that I made in MS Publisher that is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 in size. Obviously I can't use a .23 cent stamp on this item. I was interested in modifying my larger postercard and reducing it to a 4 x 6 template size so I can save on postal expenses. I couldn't find a blank template! I've purchased card stock and am ready to figure out a way to convert the larger size to (4) 4x6 smaller postcards printed on a full sheet 8 1/2 x 11. I'll then have them cut to size. So.. is there a easy to use template out there and how do I convert (shrink) my current postc...

Exchange 2010 & Active Sync
Hi All, Running Exchange 2010. I have my phone (iphone 3gs) syncing with exchange 2010 perfectly. However, trying to sync a new plam pro (win mobile 6.1) and getting errors. I think it's the account as doing a test-ActiveSync-Connectivity gives the following: Any ideas? RunspaceId : 962cea80-32ae-4e60-a5f1-67ed96cab519 LocalSite : Default-First-Site-Name SecureAccess : True VirtualDirectoryName : Url : UrlType : Unknown Port : 0 ConnectionType...

Microsoft Active Directory
I am getting the following error when trying to modify anything on the Exchange General Tab of a user object: The operation failed. ID no: 80004005 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension I believe this is a permissions issue. Any ideas? Does this happen to all user objects ? What permissions do you have ? Are any of the fields on the user object not completed i.e. initials, first name, display name etc as per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314034/en-us Regards Paul Ford Edge IT Ltd "COT-AD" <COTAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C50D72ED-...

Schedule Exchange PS scripts
Can anyone point me at a reference on how to schedule powershell scripts for Exchange? I have tried a reference I found, but it doesn't work with Exchange powershell: powershell -nologo -noninteractive -command " {C:\PSScripts\script.ps1}" I tried this instead, but it states that & isn't allowed. Removing it didn't work either. C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\PowerShell.exe -PSConsoleFile "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\bin\exshell.psc1" -noexit -command ". 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\bin\Exchange.ps...

Issue when using Outlook 2003 on Exchange 5.5 SP4
Hi! I have seen issues on using Outlook 2003 on MS Exchange 5.5 SP4. Can anyone guide me on how to handle this? M P What issues have you seen? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:eoqSaBjTGHA.5884@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I have seen issues on using Outlook 2003 on MS Exchange 5.5 SP4. Can > anyone guide me on how to handle this? > > M P > It was pretty easy for me to find this in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft...

Exchange 2K3 SP1 Error
I have sucessfully created and mounted an RSG on my Exchange 2003 SP1 server. My problem is when i right click any mailbox in the RSG from the ESM that's name contains a comma (Kleinpeter, Rob) i get error: An Invalid dn syntax has been specified. Facility: LDAP Providor ID no: 80072032 Exchange System Manager This does not happen in the live database or in the RGS with names that do not contain commas. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. RK ...

Exchange Only accepting replied emails
I am working with exchange server 2003, it relays all local mail fine and all outbound mail fine, but it is only accepting replies to messages that have been sent from the domain so if someone creates a new message to send to a domain recipient they get NDR you do not have permission to send to this recipient. If anyone can lead me in the right direction on this matter it would be greatly appreciated thanks.. In news:1172526956.402418.21930@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com, AdonisL81@gmail.com <AdonisL81@gmail.com> typed: > I am working with exchange server 2003, it relays all local m...

Exchange no longer available
Courtesy of Katrina, my brother-in-law's job and Exchange server are no more. He knows he has personal folders and contacts on his laptop, but Outlook choles on not connecting to Exchange and won't let him see the local stuff either. How does one tell Outlook not to try to connect to Exchange and instead use the local pst file? It might be easier to create a new profile and then use File Open to access the personal folder file, you create a new profile in Control Panel || Mail <philmcin@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1126736961.961262.92120@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... ...

Restore to Recovery Storage Group Failed
I'm trying to restore a backup file to a Recovery Storage Group, Exch 2003/Windows server 2003, backup made with ntbackup. I set up the recovery storage group in exchange system manager, as per kb824126, the restore fails right away. It says it's restoring to the first storage group, I thought it was supposed to restore to the recovery group? Is there anything I have to set on the recovery group that the kb doesn't mention? you added the store you want to restore to the RSG? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

unable to send email #4
I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred while trying send data to the server. (Error number 0x800ccc13). Can anyone provide any assistance to resolve this issue/ Thank you so much! Hi, Could you be more specific about the account type and the version ofOutlook etc ...??? Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Moises" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:537701c3ffd4$8fac4fd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred > while trying send data to the server. (Error number...

Outlook Vs Outlook Express #4
I am a longtime user of MS Office Suite. For my mail program I use Outlook bundled with MS Office 2002. Recently I purchased and installed McAfee's Firewall, Internet Security and Virus bundle. I have set and reset nearly all of the security settings to what I thought was an acceptable level. The first issue manifested itself by error messages indicating failure to recognize server settings etc. I called Roadrunner support and was imediately moved to Outlook Express because they do not support Outlook. Although I had to re-enter all of my contacts this worked for awhile. Now, ho...

Restoring Business Portal 4.0 and SharePoint Services 3.0
We are in the middle of trying to restore Business Portal 4.0 and SharePoint Services 3.0 from one environment to another( Dev to TEST). This includes GP data as well. The Business Portal Dev server points to a GP dev server and the I am wondering if anyone else does this? I think we have it pretty much solved. But there a couple things still not working quite right. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks Scott, Thanks for using the newsgroups. What you're doing is quite common. Customers often set up Business Portal in a test environment and verify prior to going live. Int...