Exchange Features tab in Exchange 2003 set to disabled by default - How ?

I am wanting , when creating a new AD mail enabled user , to have all
features under 'Exchange Features' tab to be disabled by default rather
than being enabled e.g. POP3,OWA

I've seen the question being asked before - but not got a definate
solution - please some one out there must know the answer

0
kev8368 (7)

Have tried creating a user, disabling the features that you want and then
copying that user when you create a new account?

Nue
"milburn9" <kev@rotherham.gov.uk> wrote in message
>I am wanting , when creating a new AD mail enabled user , to have all
> features under 'Exchange Features' tab to be disabled by default rather
> than being enabled e.g. POP3,OWA
>
> I've seen the question being asked before - but not got a definate
> solution - please some one out there must know the answer

0
imaneophyte (3004)
2/21/2006 12:58:04 PM
On 21 Feb 2006 01:56:27 -0800, "milburn9" <kev@rotherham.gov.uk>
wrote:

>I am wanting , when creating a new AD mail enabled user , to have all
>features under 'Exchange Features' tab to be disabled by default rather
>than being enabled e.g. POP3,OWA
>
>I've seen the question being asked before - but not got a definate
>solution - please some one out there must know the answer

IF you want it disabled for all the users, then simply stop the
associated virtual servers in ESM.
0
adavid (8731)

Exchange Active Sync #4
I have a user with a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Sprint advertises that this is supported by Exchange 2003 Server Active Sync. Microsoft has documented that Active Sync is included with Exchange 2003 at no additional cost. I have not been able to find documentation on how to install and configure Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Can anyone point me to Microsoft or Sprint/PalmOne documentation on how to setup Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Treo 650? I work with the American Red Cross, a non-profit organization. I appreciate your help and support. On ...

Email getting bloced by Exchange Spam Filter
Hello, I was using the IMF on our exchange 2003 server. One of our clients mail was getting blocked. No matter what exceptions I added it still got blocked. So to bypass just this single domain, I changed the DNS MX record to point to another IP on this server, and then added a 2nd SMTP connector. However, I still find this mail is being filtered. Is there another setting that I need to do. Basically for this single domaion, I want all mail to pass. Thanks David Determine the IP addresses the messages are originating from and add them to Connection Filtering's Global Accept...

If you do not like scripting, you can try GAL Exporter or Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com > > "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@nospam.com> wrote in message > news:76AEFC2F-85A7-4666-8262-27FB0737D09A@microsoft.com... >> Hello All - >> >> I need to get an Excel Spreadsheet that lists everyone first name, last >> name, email address, job title, etc pulled from Active Directory. Is >> there an easy way to do this? >> >> Thanks, >> Blake > > > > > ...

InPlace ugrade from Exchange 2000 to 2003 recovery question
Hi, Will shortly be doing an inplace upgrade from Exchange 2000 enterprise edition to Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition. After we do all the steps ie. Forestprep/domainprep etc then do the actual upgrade if the upgrade fails how do we roll back. We use Brightstor Arcserve version 11 which is supported by Exchange 2000 and we backup doing the Full method not bricks level. I have documentation on how to restore Exchange using this but this just restores the database to my knowledge (never had to do it) with exchange 2000 so how do I roll back a failed upgrade. We have to do an inplace...

exchange 2003
I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they can not connect. Do I need to change settings at their locations? DNS?? WINNS??? It depends on type of client, but generally proper DNS setup is required. Also make sure that no firewalls interfere. laker18 wrote: > I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in > the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 > other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they > can not co...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Install Error
When I try to install E2003 SP1 I get the error: EventType exchangesetuperror, P1 6_5_7226_0, P2 update, P3 microsoft exchange messaging and collaboration services, P4 install, P5 e0070101, P6 _null_, P7 1, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NI The log says it cannot find a file but I can't tell which file it's looking for. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks ...

Cannot set menu in MFC ActiveX control
I am dynamically creating a CMenu object and trying to assign it to my ActiveX control. Windows balks and gives me a 1436 error, something to effect that a child window cannot have a menu. It is not a child window, it is the instance of COleControl, the top level window. (I verified this by inspecting m_parentHwnd.) I am trying to assign the menu within the OnCreate event at which time the control has a valid handle, and have tried it before and after the call to the parent OnCreate. Does anyone know the magic words to make this work? Thanks On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:22:02 -0500, Duane A. C...

CRM do not recognize different character set encoding for incoming e-mail???
I have a problem with some of incoming e-mail. If incoming e-mail character set is not unicode but for example Cyrillic then I dont see russian letters, but some scrawl!!! My Outlook recognize all what I need. Whats about CRM??? Sorry about my poor english. ...

searching for tab
Hi all, I have written a workbook with some 40 worksheets in it to be used as a reference database. Each of the 40 worksheets has a specific name (tab). Is there a program/formula that I can put on the very first page so that a user can input the name of the sheet/tab they want and that sheet will open for them. Basically to stop them having to sift through 40 tabs to find which sheet they need. Thanks Kev -- Kevin R ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kevin R's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30529 View this ...

outlook 2003 add a dictionary
Hi, how can add a dictionary for spell checking ? in outlook 2003 su tools / options / spelling actually i have only English e French. ciao francesco ...

Outlook 2003 Newsreader
Hi, I've Outlook 2003 and I tried to use it to read newsgroups, using the customize in the menu bar and putting the option news on the go menu. It worked, but only the first time. The optino news now disapeared from the menu go, and from the customize. Where it go? I tried to repair and don't fix. Another thing is the Business Manager that I installed I think version beta, that crashes often, but I imagine that we can't have a solution on that without more info. Thanks Joao Bras To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and...

Tab order for purchase orders and sales orders
Is there a way to set the tab order while entering items in a purchase order and sales order. My client would like to be able to have the order taker be able to be prompted for a quantity while entering in line items to purchase orders and sales orders. Marc, For POS, enter the quantity first, then the * key, then the ILC So for 5 of 11212, enter 5*11212 <enter> For PO's see if QuickScan works better for you. -- * "Marc Arbesman" <MarcArbesman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05BD48AA-08BB-4CFE-A04D-46BBCC5B95CC@microsoft.com... Is there a w...

can i have more sender in outlook setting ?
i using win server 2003 , exchange 2003 , i using exchange client in outlook to send & receive , but my boss have more than one mail address , can i use another AD mail address for send out mail , i have try to add a pop3 , the sender also is computer user thank your ...

Start Outlook 2003 at windows startup??
Hi, I have a simple question: how do I have Outlook 2003 started automatically and minimized to system tray at windows startup? Thanks in advance edomonet@libero.it <edomonet@libero.it> wrote: > how do I have Outlook 2003 started automatically and minimized to > system tray at windows startup? Put a shortcut to it in your Startup program group. However, I don't believe it will start minimized. -- Brian Tillman It's better to put a shortcut in your Quick Launch bar or you will get errors if OL loads too soon before your connection and antivirus. You can customiz...

Clarification please on exchange 2003 with DPM Server 2010
I would like to protect an exchange 2003 setup remotely. In the event of a problem such as accidently deleted mail etc. the way to restore the database files would is to use a recovery storage group? Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server or can the databases be restored onto a disk taken out to the server and then loaded into the recovery storage group? I am not sure what you mean "Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server" but yes to restore the exchange databases you can restore the files ...

SBS 2003 migration to Server 2008 STD
Hi. We are at the limit of 75 Users and want to Migrate away from our old SBS 2003 Server to two new 2008 STD Server (one for Exchange 2010) I have looked for infos how to do that correctly but i could not find any good basis to start with. Someone already accomplished that task? I recommend Server 2008 R2 over 2008. If you use Server 2008 make sure you have SP2 or better installed before you try to install Exchange 2010. I have done it. It was fairly straightforward. That said it was not easy. There is a lot of conflicting information on the web. The basic procedure is...

Exchange ActiveSync
Hello All, I am having a problem with Exchange ActiveSync. It has been working for about 4 months now, and nothing has really changed. I was able to sync it to my IPaq via a VPN into the network with no problems. Well, today it started with an Internet Error_2 when trying to sync. I get a n event log error saying that there is a problem in the web.config file on line 72, which happens to be the lines that Microsoft has you add via KB#823265. I have searched and searched. Anyone have any ideas?? ...

Exchange server recovery advice needed
Folks We have been hit by a relatively big disk crash and I have to rebuild our exchange 2003 (SP1) server Fortunately I have a fully working backup but I still need to "replay" some LOG files as we only do weekly "full" snapshot. So to cut a long story short I have recovered and restarted the server as it was one week ago and everything seems fine EXCEPT for the messages (and other items) created since last backup. I DO have the log file for those days... but how do I "replay" them ? What is my best course of action ? At the moment I plan to create a separat...

E-mail Tracking 2003
I know in Outlook 2003 that e-mail recipients have the option to not send "read receipts" - can this be disabled? A lot of my users in the past have relied on getting e-mail receipts and tracking their e-mails - they are very unhappy about the recipient having an option to decline their request for receipt in Outlook 2003. Jane Jane wrote: > I know in Outlook 2003 that e-mail recipients have the > option to not send "read receipts" - can this be > disabled? A lot of my users in the past have relied on > getting e-mail receipts and tracking their e-m...

"Object variable or With block not set."
-- RiverCrescent On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:22:01 -0700, CedarPoint <CedarPoint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You are referencing a variable incorrectly or misspelling it. If you would like help fixing your code... post your code. We can't see it from here. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Question Re: Migration of Exchange to New Server.
I'm in the process of replacing an aging Exchange server with a brand new server. Once complete the old server will be taken off line and recycled. I figure the easiest way to do this is bring the new server up as a second Exchange server within the domain and then move the mail boxes from the old server to the new server but I have a couple of questions. 1) How do I move the public folders? I'm assuming I can setup Replication between the two servers and that will migrate the public folder data. 2) What happens when the current server goes off line? Other then having to upd...

Change default "SaveAs" to *.msg rather than *.html
Hi!, Using Outlook 03, I regularly need to save emails and prefer to save as *.msg so the attachments are contained within the one file. How can you change the default SaveAs command to Save as Type in a *.msg format (rather than *.html) so the type is already *.msg without having to use the pull down? Thank you Troy Outlook provides no way to change that. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "TroyB" <boeky72@hotmail.com>...

EmigrantDirect, wrong web address for online services (Money 2003)
Version: Money 2003 (I know, I know, I'll upgrade if I can ever get it to work correctly...) I used to be able to receive transactions from EmigrantDirect. However, as of last year, they changed their web address. The web address stored by Money is (https://cib-maintpg.ibanking-services.com/special/b321_maint.htm), which is no longer valid. Is there a way I can manually change the address, or guide Money to the right address? I have tried to go in through the browser in Money to download statements directly, but I can't seem to update the address so that automatic downloads...