Exchange ES - Event ID 5 0x80004005

Hi all,

I have a brand new install of Exchange 2003.  Everything looked good so I
installed Exchange SP2.  After installing SP2, my Exchange Event Service is
logging an error.  Basically it starts successfully, logs an error event id 5
"An unexpected MAPI error occurred.  Error returned was [0x80004005]", and
then shuts down.  All the info I see regarding that error stems from
upgrading from 5.5 which I haven't done.  Please let me know what I need to
do to resolve this.  Thanks!

Stu
0
Stu (36)

Dont start the Exchange Event Service, keep it stopped. you don't require
it.

I never start this service for all my server implementation i did for so
many customers.

regards

Alaa Alian Al-Ankar
Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com

"Stu" <Stu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a brand new install of Exchange 2003.  Everything looked good so I
> installed Exchange SP2.  After installing SP2, my Exchange Event Service
> is
> logging an error.  Basically it starts successfully, logs an error event
> id 5
> "An unexpected MAPI error occurred.  Error returned was [0x80004005]", and
> then shuts down.  All the info I see regarding that error stems from
> upgrading from 5.5 which I haven't done.  Please let me know what I need
> do to resolve this.  Thanks!
>
> Stu

0
alaa (132)
5/27/2006 10:01:55 PM
That's the route I'll go as I don't have any old Exchange servers.  Thanks!

Stu

"Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" wrote:

> Dont start the Exchange Event Service, keep it stopped. you don't require
> it.
>
> I never start this service for all my server implementation i did for so
> many customers.
>
> regards
>
> Alaa Alian Al-Ankar
> Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com
>
> "Stu" <Stu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a brand new install of Exchange 2003.  Everything looked good so I
> > installed Exchange SP2.  After installing SP2, my Exchange Event Service
> > is
> > logging an error.  Basically it starts successfully, logs an error event
> > id 5
> > "An unexpected MAPI error occurred.  Error returned was [0x80004005]", and
> > then shuts down.  All the info I see regarding that error stems from
> > upgrading from 5.5 which I haven't done.  Please let me know what I need
> > do to resolve this.  Thanks!
> >
> > Stu

0
Stu (36)

Jet 4.0 SP4 or 5 Upgrade and NTDLL.DLL missing file
Following Tony Towes suggesting for better performance in A2k, While tring to upgrade my jet by downloadin the file Windows2000-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe from the net I get an error NTDLL.DLL missing. What can i do??? "Chedva" <chedvag@matrix-it.co.il> wrote: >Following Tony Towes suggesting for better performance in A2k, > >While tring to upgrade my jet by downloadin the file >Windows2000-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe from the net I get an error NTDLL.DLL >missing. What can i do??? Are you in fact running Windows 2000? Otherwise this could be a virus or something else...

Where to find the Multicurrency Exchange Table Setup table?
I've looked all through the Resource Description tables and I still can't find the table for Multicurrency Exchange Table Setup. Which one is it? Thanks, DavidF. The Multicurrency Exchange Table Setup is a system table: Technical Name: MC_Exchange_Table_SETP Display Name: Multicurrency Exchange Table Setup Physical Name: DYNAMICS.dbo.MC40300 Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "davidf." wrote: > I've looked all thr...

event id 4118
Windows 2003 R2 Standard SP2 Member server This server was a DC and was demoted to a Member server Now I get Event ID 4118 A Content Scan Could not be completed on Directory I get this every time we restart the server. This server was running SQL 2000 and Sharepoint 3.0 Both have been removed. I have manually tried to do a full rescan but I get the same error Any way to reset this and do a clean scan I believe it might be looking for other information from when it was a DC server Any ideas or thoughts Thanks Tom Thomas R Grassi Jr wrote: > Windows 2...

Exchange email router 11-20-03
Hi, I am using beta version of MS CRM 1.2 and CRM and SQL on the same server. Exchange 2000 on another server. After installing the Exchange email router on the Exchange server and try sending email from within CRM I get error "Unexpected error". I have read and fulfilled the instructions from the IG document regarding installation of the router. Has anyone experienced problems with sending email from CRM? Regards, Sigurdur Hilmarsson Check the event log on the CRM server, there should be some more information there. "Sigurdur Hilmarsson" <siggi@im.is> wrote in ...

Export/Import Outlook Express by Id to Outlook
I need to be able to take an Outlook Express Address Book by Identity and pull it into Outlook. It is unclear in Help exactly how to successfully do this. Is there someplace I can go for better, more detailed step-by-step, instructions on how to accomplish this. I keep coming up with unsuccessful conversions. Explain more clearly what you are trying to do. In Outlook, File > Import and Export > Internet Mail and Addresses is what you use. That's all the steps there are. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Kathy Ruan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Migrating Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 5.5
I'm looking for migration tools to help me migrate Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 5.5 servers in different domains. Unfortunately..I'm installing a new NT4.0 domain to include a NEW Exchange 5.5 server. I have an existing NT4.0 domain with an existing 5.5 server. Both Exchange server have SP3 installed. I need to find a migration tool that do the following: 1. Allow me to install the NEW Exchange 5.5 server in the NEW NT 4.0 domain in the same SITE as the existing NT4.0 domain with the existing Exchange 5.5 server. Eventually the existing Exchange 5.5 server in the existing NT4.0 dom...

Public folders not visible after removing 5.5 server from site
After following all instructions for removing last Exchange 5.5 server from a mixed-mode site, the public folders are not visible from Outlook. They work fine from OWA. After fixing the siteFolderServer using ADSIEdit, the problem still exists. Does anyone have a clue as to what the problem might be? "Richard Applebee" wrote: > After following all instructions for removing last Exchange 5.5 server from a > mixed-mode site, the public folders are not visible from Outlook. They work > fine from OWA. Problem solved. The Default Public Store on the General tab for the s...

Exchange 5.5 NT4 Spam and Virus Scan
Does anyone know of a good Spam Filter and Virus Scan For Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 Thanks Hi We use Trend Micro, there are two components ScanMail for Exchange and eManager for Exchange ScanMail is an anti-virus tool, eManager is the spam prevention, this can be set to use the anti-spam file provided by Trend, as well as let you setup your own rules. Works real-time, manual scan and scheduled. The latest version for 5.5 also lets you block on receipt via SMTP so users don't receive the message at all. The other plus, from a virus side is if you have an outbreak it can notify...

Exchange and Firewall
Group, Have a Exchange 2003 Server running on a Win 2003EE Server, have it setup ok to send email, that tested fine. I have a MX record pointing to the correct machine, the question is do I need to open up the SMTP port in the firewall to be able to receive email? Is there another step I need to take? For instance when I sent the test email it shows it as username@domain.local instead of username@domain.com, do I need to change anything to be able to receive email? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Yes, you need to open port 25 on the firewall to receive SMTP mail from the outside. If...

Exchange 5.5 Sending Email
We have several exchange 5.5 servers and we've recently installed one in a remote location. Every works just fine except when we try to send an email to a certain email account outside of our network. I am able to send email to that account using a different exchange 5.5 server and i'm able to send email using my personal email accounts through yahoo and hotmail. this email address is valid and i'm able to get reply's but when i try to send email from this new server that we installed, it seems that it doesn't even leave the server because i get an undeliverabl...

duplicate messages in exchange
Hi everybody Everytime I restart the server, the exchange server resends old e-mails , two months far, could you tell me why is this happening? I t only happens with accounts that work with PST files. ...

Outlook 2003 & Exchange
I just installed an evaluation version of Outlook 2003. Now I cannot get my exchange server to recognize my name. When I input my information and hit the check name button this is the response I recieve. "The name could not be resolved. The selection specification is too complex. Use fewer or less complex restriction." I know that my Exchange server name is correct. I also am using the same mailbox that I used in Outlook XP. If I hit ok, outlook tries to connect and I get this response. Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set o...

Exchange 2010 DAG problem
Hello NG, i try to setup a DAG. When i try to add a member, the Wizzard reports that the MSExchangeRepl service on the member server does not appeare to be running. But the service is running, and i can query the service with sc.exe ! Any ideas ? Infos: Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 ENG Exchange 2010 (final version) mfg Philipp Hi Philip, Try to uninstall the clustering services from the member server, restart the server, then retry to add it to the DAG. Regards, Waleed Omar "Philipp N." <philipp@somewhere.de> wrote in message news:#HJo3S...

Exchange 2010 Archive Enabled
Hi, With Exchange 2010 there is the option to enable online archiving for users. These are then available in Exchange WebApp (OWA) and Outlook 2010. I have heard that there is a patch or Service Pack to enable Outlook 2007 to access the online archive. Is this so? If so, what article describes this? Regards ...

Enable HTTPS/SSL OWA Exchange 2000 cluster #2
I am trying to enable https for owa on an exchange 2000 cluster. I am not sure what is happening but basically the page never opens, I get no errors in the event logs or on the page, the page just reads can not be displayed. On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:44:02 -0700, "jason" <jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to enable https for owa on an exchange 2000 cluster. > >I am not sure what is happening but basically the page never opens, I get no >errors in the event logs or on the page, the page just reads can not be >displayed. Don't expose...

Outlook Express 6.0 imported into Outlook 98 on Exchange 2003
Have an Exchange Server 2003 and am setting up Outlook 98 on client workstations. Imported Outlook Express 6.0 address book with no problems. Imported mail on a workstation - however on SOME of the messages cannot open. Error is "Outlook can't open item. Could not complete this operation because the service provider does not support it." When I forward the same message from Outlook Express to the Outlook 98, I can then open the email!! Is there a service I must provide by Exchange to allow the Outlook client to understand the email? ...

Outlook and Hotmail #5
Hi, I retreived my Hotmail with Outlook for months without a glitch. My system is on 24/7 and is set to retreive the mail every 10 minutes. About a week ago, upon the scheduled checking suddenly a dialog box comes up asking me for my hotmail password If I fill in the password, it says: username or password incorrect. (which isn't). I have to shutdown Outlook (not OE) and restart the program and it will connect fine without having to re-enter the password. It then will run for about 24-30 hours, checking mail every 10 minutes fine, but then the password dialog box shows up again and...

Intermittant errors exchange 2003 sp1
Some of my users’ incoming emails are being rejected from valid external customers. The senders of these emails are receiving this error "<amanda@myTHRS.com>: host mail.myTHRS.com[166.102.242.18] said: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (in reply to end of DATA command)" We have a Watchguard x500 and are running SMS for exchange. The same users are receiving emails form other customers. I am stuck and would appreciate any assistance. this problem has been resoulved "S. Ryan Russell" wrote: > Some of my users’ incoming emails are being...

Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security system
When I send a Digital ID encrypted message with OL 2002, I get Error message: "Your Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security system." I have followed all of the techniques of KB 258527. Help! Thanks. /Howard The only time I have come across this is when I have a corrupt certificate. It does require removing your personal e-mail certificate and installing a new copy. (You can't export and reimport a certificate that is "supposedly" corrupt.) "Howard Sartori" <howard@sartori.com> wrote in message news:eIet2wWXEHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP12....

exchange 5.5
Is there a way using native exchange 5.5 tools to see if a user read an email?Normally you would just look in their inbox and see but if they already deleted the message, and purged the deleted files box, is there a way to know if they read it, or just deleted it. ...

Exchange server performance and Active directory
Hello, we are about to get MS CRM into our company. I am concerned about the Exchange server performance. What are your experiences? When we install the Exchange email router, how much doest it influence the performance? We have currently 2 exchange servers, which have to handle about 100thousand emails per day. We are going to have max. 50 concurent users of CRM who will send about 100 CRM emails/day. What is your oppinion? Should we get another Exchange server? My next concern is about the Active Directory. Does the CRM work with AD a lot? Did you notice any problems concerning AD and ...

Listing calendar events by attachment size.
Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition. Version 13.0.4 My user is trying to list all calendar events that have attachments. Her inbox on the Exchange server is getting full and it's always because people include all sorts of documents in the meeting request. In Entourage when I list "all events", events with attachments do not show up in that list with the Attachment check box checked. If I go back to the PC in Outlook and say search for Calendar events with attachments messages show up in the list. Can these only be listed and deleted on the PC? Sounds sil...

Exchange 5.5 maintenance
Can someone give me some general guidelines on the "when and what" for maintenance on an Exchange server. We're running v5.5 SP4 on Win2k. A private IS of 30 gb... with the unusual situation of having 18 of our 350 users, using 19 gb of that 30. One unusual symptom that we get from time to time, and more frequently is: sent emails get "backed up". That is, users will start calling into the Helpdesk that their sent (internal) email has not been received yet by the recipient. And then all of the sudden, we'll all get 3-4 (or more) emails that have been held up &qu...

Exchange Services do not start after server reboot
Hi there, I am running Microsoft Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Win2K server SP4. Recently i started facing problem of exchange services not starting automatically after a reboot. Even if i try starting manually (Exchange Directory Service) it wont unless i repair the dir.edb file. then after the repair i try to start the Information Store it comes up with errors (Event ids 1120, 5000). I tried repairing the Priv.edb & Pub.edb using esutil and all services started. I came accross this problem 3 times now and 3 time i did the same thing. I am not going to reboot my server now. Does anyone have an...

How to get Contacts from Exchange Server to Appear in Entourage Client
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: Exchange User is not getting the company contacts from Exchange server to appear in Entourage. Have tried manually synching. The account is set for Exchange, but Contacts don't show up. On 1/27/10 11:28 AM, Bruce_Goldes@officeformac.com wrote: > User is not getting the company contacts from Exchange server to > appear in Entourage. Have tried manually synching. The account is set > for Exchange, but Contacts don't show up. Go to Tools --> Accounts and double-click your Ex...