Exchange error #8

I am getting the following error in E2K3 event log, the explanation and user
action explains someting that doesn't make sence for me, how do I restart the
explorer without restarting the server? please give n idea how I can take
care of this easily. Here is the error message:
Timed out sending notification of target device change to window of
"C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE"

Explanation
The specified program is taking too long to respond to notifications about
the device. This can decrease system performance.

User Action
Restart the program. If this does not improve the response time, consider
upgrading to a newer version of the program.

Thank you,
0
Lino767 (27)

Hi there,

You don't specify the Event ID or the Source, however there appears to be
quite a few solutions to this:

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=Timed+out+sending+notification+of+target+device+change+to+window+of+%22C:%5CWINDOWS%5CExplorer.EXE%22&hl=en&sa=X&oi=groups&ct=title

You will have to search that and look for the actual Event ID and Source.

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)

OpenReport error handling
Hello. I have a form with parameters, so the user can enter the start date and end date and then click on Preview to run the report. The form has a Preview error handling code. If the form is closed without clicking preview, the form shuts nicely. However, I have this report set to run from an Option button on a switchboard form, that in itself has a Preview button: I click the option button, then click on the switchboard Preview button, the parameter form opens (where I could enter the parameter dates and click Preview to run the report- but here I don't), I close the parameter fo...

recovering deleted exchange
This may sound dumb but I couldn't find an article on the Net on how to do this; the problem is that the name of the exchange server under the servers folder of the Exchange System Manager has been deleted (by simply, right click on the server name and click delete). The problem is that I couldn't seem to find a way to put back that server on the System Manager. Is there a way to manually put back the exchange server on the servers folder of the Exchange System Manager? Thanks, --r "Rodney C. Jao" <rodney@e-jao.com> wrote: >This may sound dumb but I co...

Out of Office Assistant #8
I have a user that is reporting that her out of office assistant is not responding to all the emails that she receives. She indicates that the responses are random. Any information on this? Ask the user if the responses are being sent to only internal recipients, or to both external and internal recipients. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:052d01c36c12$c8772b10$a101280a@phx.gbl, Cindy wrote: > I have a user that is reporting that ...

visual basic has stopped working error message
I hope this is the discussion group for VB6. I have a vb6 project with crystal report 8.5. In the program once i click on RDC to open a report in design view I got this "Visual basic has stopped working" message comes up and I have to closed out visual basic. It always happens when I tried to open the report designer. I can run or compile the program fine without opening reports. My computer is vista home with SP2. Any suggestions? "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7F6B7C3-A847-43EF-A1C5-B300428EDC68@microsoft.com.....

Send error to specific local recipients
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C63611.23424F50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, here is my scenario, I have a 2 Exchange servers, one is acting as a failover using = replication software, so it is not actually live. Platform: Exchange 2K3 with SP2 on Win2K3 with SP1 I have an issue when one user tries sending email to other internal = users in the GAL they bounce back with this message. If she send to a = distro group +Office Staff she gets an NDR with the message below from = ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Exchange E-mail Router Support and Access Rights
The IG documentation states that Windows Server 2003 is a supported operating system. Is Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 supported. It also states Microsoft Exchnage Server 2003 must be installed. Is Exchange 2003 service pack 2 supported? What privledges does an administer need to have to be able to rollout the inbox rules? I cannot find that informaiton anywhere int eh IG. What access do they have to have in Exchange, AD, on teh Exchaneg boxes? Thanks Hoss Pretty sure the admin needs to be an Exchange Admin to roll-out the rules. I have not heard anything definate on E...

PFMigrate Error Message c103b404
I'm in the middle of moving my 5.5 servers onto 2k3. I've been successfully moving the public folder using pfmigrate until this morning. All of a sudden, I'm receiving the following error message. Nothing has changed on the server so I'm not sure what is causing these errors. pfMigrate.wsf /s:yyy /t:xxx /n:1 /d /f:c:\pflog Microsoft Exchange Public Folder Migration Tool Mon Aug 16 10:11:18 EDT 2004 Source Server: yyy Version 5.5 (Build 2653.23: Service Pack 4) Target Server: xxx Version 6.5 (Build 7226.6: Service Pack 1) WMI Server: xxx Delete Replica Mode in prog...

Error inside CRM While Granting Access
Hello, I'm running an application that has to import several contacts from a ERP into MS CRM 3.0. I call CRM's Web Services in order to do so, and then, since I do that with a user from my root BU, I have to share the entity with other businessunits (via WS aswell) for them to have access to it. Everything works fine.... Except when my importer has several threads working, when it does, sometimes (looks random) crm internally crashes (thats what I found after debugging) sometimes when trying to share, others when trying to create. I once had this problem, tried to solve it and when ...

gp 8, ms project server 2002, sharepoint server 2003
Can these all be installed on the same server? Project server 2002 and SP2003 can (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;840701). Does GP8 ruin the mix? Pl. advise. Thanks. ------=_NextPart_0001_D682CC7A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I would appreciate your patience while I am having tech expert look into this issue. Thanks for using MSDN Managed Newsgroup. Vikrant Dalwale Microsoft SQL Server Support Professional Microsoft highly recommends to all of our customers that they visit the http://www.microsoft.com/protect site and perf...

Problems with Exchange 5.5
I have inherited an Exchange 5.5 server running on NT4. There is no supporting documentation to speak of and I have a few fairly serious problems. This is not helped by the last person wlaking out on the job, probably because I think they have really messed up. 1. We have been told to stop users sending X400 format email. It appears that all users had their X400 entry under their username removed. hence no one can send/receive external email a. How do i recover this situation and b. How do I stop users sending/receving email in X400 and ensure they use only SMTP? 2. If a user is del...

Errors 2448 and 3075!
I have a search comand button and it works most of the time, excpet with one name (so far) O'Shea. It comes up with the following error message: Run- time error '2448' You can't assign a value to this object. The debugger highlights this: Me.Filter = "[Surname] LIKE '*" & RetVal & "*'" However othertimes, it says this: Runt-time error '3075' Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression "[Surname] LIKE '*O'Shea*". Any ideas? Here's the whole section: Private Sub Command187_Click() Dim R...

GP ver 8.0 life span
anybody has idea when MBS will stop support for GP 8? 10/9/2007, here is the URL for the information on Microsoft's website: http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=7967 -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP "HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:138BE702-7A5D-433F-8E4A-71F6CA5B6322@microsoft.com... > anybody has idea when MBS will stop support for GP 8? apprecaite you providing the info. it says GP8.0 will retire Sept/2007, but MBS also annouces that SP5 (release on 18/Sept) will be the FINAL service pack. then how will MBS support/fi...

Heaps with memory errors
I have a virtual server in a cluster that is reporting Exchmem: Number of Heaps with memory errors - 2 I have the HeapDeCommit set to 0X00040000, /3GB, UserVA=3030. I am not using ParamCacheSizeMax because the Store.exe value is not above 2.5 GB. All the MSExchangeIS:VM counters are as follows: VM Largest Block Size: 772800512 VM Total 16MB Free Blocks: 3 VM Total Free Blocks: 355 VM Total Large Free Block Bytes: 815882240 Thanks! ...

Outlook Error Message #36
I am running Windows XP and Office XP for Students and Teachers (Version 2002). When I have more than one user account open, I get the following error message when I when click on the "inbox" header to open up the inbox: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Program:C\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE10\OUTLOOK.EXE This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. I don't know what this means or how to fix it. When it happens, I close the error dialogue box and click ...

Exchange calendar shows up under Exchange account in folder list but not when I hit calendar button
I'm running Entourage 2008 on a Mac 10.6.3. I had to delete my Exchange account and re-sync everything from scratch (because Entourage's awesome "database rebuild utility" deleted half my stuff and I didn't want it to propagate up to the server and delete it there). Previously, when I added an Exchange account, I would see all of its folders (including contacts and calendar) on the vertical pane on the left, and when I click the contacts or calendar icon at the very top left of the window, I'd get a full-window version of the calendar or contacts list. Oddly...

Error accessing Help files
I am unable to use any of the hyperlinks in the Help topics. I can select a topic, which opens right up, but then if I click on Related Topics or any of the other hyperlinked topics, I get a script error. I am running Windows 2000, Version 5.0. My Publisher is version 2000 SR-1. Suggestions? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from TJF <tomme_fent@iand.uscourts.gov>... > I am unable to use any of the hyperlinks in the Help > topics. I can select a topic, which opens right up, but > then if I click on Related Topics or any of the other...

Exchange 5.5 on NT Recovery help!
Hello, I'm looking for some general direction on recovering an Exchange 5.5 server on NT... We need to recover a NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 server from 2003.. The server was backed up directly to tape using NT Backup. We have two options... 1. If we have the original server, I should be able to load NT, SP6a, then perform the restore from tape... Should work.. 2. If we don't have the original server, I'm hoping to simply restore the Exchange databases onto another NT/Exchange test server we have. Mount the store (somehow), and export the mailbox we need.. The bottom line i...

can't open Outlook
When I try to open Outloook 2000 I get this message: Microsoft Visual c++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Program:C:\Program1~\M19933~\Office\Outlook.exe R6025 Pure virtual function call If I "x" out the box or hit OK, Outlook closes right away. I cannot use the program at all. Help! try opening under a different profile. >-----Original Message----- >When I try to open Outloook 2000 I get this message: > >Microsoft Visual c++ Runtime Library >Runtime Error >Program:C:\Program1~\M19933~\Office\Outlook.exe >R6025 >Pure virtual function call > >If I ...

Meaning of error 11004
Trying to send or receive in Outlook Express I get socket error 11004. Can someone tell me the problem, please? This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windo...

Named range(s) of non-adjacent cells return #VALUE! error in array formulas
I have ranges made up of non-adjacent cells from one worksheet and I get a #VALUE! error when I try to do any conditional count or sum calculation with an array formula on either or both of them. Each range is a selection of 32 non-adjacent cells from a single column. The cells contain array formulas that return percentages. Example of range values I8: 5.9% I11: 12.1% I14: 22.3% I17: 0.0% I was able to get values returned from simple functions like Max and Min but the following example gives me the #VALUE! error: {=SUM(IF((Rng>0),1,0))} =COUNTIF(Rng,"<.0125") Any wisdom ...

Store Ops Mgr Error
I have started getting an error message on one of my back office PC's when trying to run RMS Store Operations Manager program. "The current database is of version 2.01, while this application requires version 2.00. Please run Store Operations - Administrator to correct this problem." My SQL database file is on another machine. I can hit it using SQL Server Management Console express with no problems. I can NOT hit that remote data with my RMS Store Ops Manager program. Inside RMS Store Ops Admin, I can run adhoc Query and hit the selected database. I tried to "u...

Contact Manager without Exchange Server???
My office doesn't use the Exchange server. Can I install and use the Business Contact Manager or the Outlook Contact Manager without the Exchange server??? It's only supposed to work with SBS2003, but can be hacked - see http://www.slipstick.com/bcm/bcmfaq.aspx for more information. On 26 Apr 2004 09:21, =?Utf-8?B?SVQgTmlnaHRtYXJl?= <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My office doesn't use the Exchange server. Can I install and use the Business >Contact Manager or the Outlook Contact Manager without the Exchange server??? > > -- Diane Poremsky [M...

Please help!!! Manually removal of Exchange 5.5!
I need to manually remove my old exchange 5.5 from the AD and my e2k, but I am not sure how much to delete! Is it just the server or is it anything else? I have tried every thing I could fined on the Microsoft web! Well, it's a big task. I guess you have the Exchange 2003 server in place in your org. You need to remove the registry keys as well as edit the ADSI to remove the Exchange 2000. You better read the docs. Search the MS site for Manually removing Exchange articles. Cheers ! Ruwan Dissanayake >-----Original Message----- >I need to manually remove my old exchang...

Ok don't laugh Exchange 5.5
I have done all the posted stuff to prevent relaying but I still see A LOT of email going through. The upgrade is planned BUT RIGHT NOW, what else can be done? Thanks "a lot of email going through" does not mean you are an open relay...what makes you think you are? what is your email domain? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "BrianMultilLanguage" <brian@clilang.com> wrote in message news:11p11klc3eg3k0c@corp.supernews.com... > I have done all the posted stuff to prevent relaying but I still see A LOT > of email going through. > The upgrade is planned BUT RIGHT NO...

Headquarters Client Error when connecting
Hi, Since yesterday I'm having some issues with my HQ Client on 3 stores. I got the following message when I try to do a transfer: Connection to socket was unsuccessful: Connection is forcefully rejected. No connection is made with the local database. Very strange. When testing the local connection to the database, this is OK. The remote connection to the HQ Server is also OK. Only when we connect, we get this error. Please Help.............. Etienne Theodora. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0099_01CAB6DC.EF82D670 Content-Type: text...