Exchange E2k3 and McAffee Groupshield

Hello NG,
i have the problem that my Exchnage creates 25 MB/ min transaction logs. I
think it is to trace back on McAffee Groupshield. Has anyone else this prob?
I am thankful for every kind of help.

Greetings

Marco

0
fischi74 (3)

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:01:47 +0200, "Marco Fischbach" <fischi74@gmx.de>
wrote:

>Hello NG,
>i have the problem that my Exchnage creates 25 MB/ min transaction logs. I
>think it is to trace back on McAffee Groupshield. Has anyone else this prob?
>I am thankful for every kind of help.
>
>Greetings
>
>Marco

Arggg, Groupshield. It spends more time in this group than anything
else. What directories have you excluded from the local machine scan?

Better still, Control Panel > Add/Remove (etc. etc.)
Try www.sybari.com

0
mark7219 (5666)
9/9/2004 9:34:43 AM
I am using Groupshield for Exchange 6.0. It is only scanning in VSAPI mode.
There isn�t running any scan on file level.

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:01:47 +0200, "Marco Fischbach" <fischi74@gmx.de>
> wrote:
>
> >Hello NG,
> >i have the problem that my Exchnage creates 25 MB/ min transaction logs.
> >think it is to trace back on McAffee Groupshield. Has anyone else this
prob?
> >I am thankful for every kind of help.
> >
> >Greetings
> >
> >Marco
> >
> Arggg, Groupshield. It spends more time in this group than anything
> else. What directories have you excluded from the local machine scan?
>
> Better still, Control Panel > Add/Remove (etc. etc.)
> Try www.sybari.com

0
fischi74 (3)
9/9/2004 10:05:06 AM
It's probably worth giving  McAfee a call.

"Marco Fischbach" <fischi74@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hello NG,
> i have the problem that my Exchnage creates 25 MB/ min transaction logs. I
> think it is to trace back on McAffee Groupshield. Has anyone else this
prob?
> I am thankful for every kind of help.
>
> Greetings
>
> Marco

0
exchange.mvp (559)

Exchange Administrator 5.5
I have a problem with the Exchange 5.5 Administrator program. I have an organization with three sites. All servers in the org are in the same domain. I can connect to the servers in two sites but not to the server in the third site. I can ping the server, that works OK. I have checked, and double checked, the permissions and that's also OK. When I try to connect I get the following message: A connection could not be made to the Microsoft Exchange Computer The Microsoft Exchange Computer does not respond Microsoft Exchange Directory ID No: DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM Any ideas????? O...

Exchange error
I have the one problem with the exchange because the user ask me why the outlook when try send/receiver sincronize with exchange, when try to sincronize send the error 0x8004010f. Please help me!!!! ...

SBS 2003 Exchange 2003 Pop Email Issues
Hi, everyone, I've seen this issue posted here, but I haven't seen anyone saying their problem was resolved. Briefly put, we have SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 retrieving our emails from an outside host. Everyone has their own mailbox at this host. It is not "mailbagging." Email (through Outlook)works internally, but, externally, we have one user located out of town who is not getting his email. If I send email from my yahoo account to his "pop" account, he could retrieve it. You help is greatly appreciated. Jay ...

Exchange 2003 "Requesting Data From Exchange Server" error
Hi, Some of my user's are getting "Requesting Data From Exchange Server" error msg on outlook, Pls let me know how to correct this problem ???? Thanks Shaminda On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:30:36 +0600, "Shaminda Illangantilaka" <shic@sltnet.lk> wrote: >Hi, > >Some of my user's are getting "Requesting Data From Exchange Server" error >msg on outlook, Pls let me know how to correct this problem ???? > >Thanks >Shaminda > Outlook XP? It could be down to any number of reasons, busy GC, busy Exchange, busy LAN etc. Outlook 2003...

Cannot connect outlook 2007 to exchange 2003 via LAN #2
Hello there, I got a new laptop for work running Vista and outlook 2007 and no matter how many times I tried setting it up to connect to the exchange server 2003, I always get the message that outlook is not connected and it needs to be connected to complete this action.... I used to have a laptop running XP and outlook 2003 and it worked fine with the same mailbox settings. Any ideas please? ...

Exchange 2007 Catch-all Mailbox
In Exchange 2003 I had the ability to direct all undeliverable email to a users mailbox. I have not found out how to do this with 2007, is it even possible? ...

URGENT: Deployment Manager, Workflow, Exchange Router
We had an OS failure on our CRM server. We installed a clean OS, and left the App partition. I then installed CRM 1.2 over the original directory. After this almost everything works fine. Users have had no problem, all tabs are working, etc. However, I am having three issues. If I try to view the Users in Deployment Manager, I get the following error when clicking on our Organization: "The server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable..." Most of you probably know the rest. Next issue I found is if I go to any of the Workflow comp...

Monitoring Exchange #2
Hi, I would like to enable some logs, through Diagnostics Logging, to monitor some problem with mailboxes. Can anyone help me about what log can I enable? Thanks. Luiz On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:55:39 -0800, Luiz <Luiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I would like to enable some logs, through Diagnostics Logging, to monitor >some problem with mailboxes. >Can anyone help me about what log can I enable? > >Thanks. > >Luiz What sort of problems are you trying to monitor? Hi Andy, sorry by delay in answer you. I would like to kown if my database h...

Missing Exchange Tabs in AD
Upgraded Exchange from 5.5 to 2003 after installing the exchange 2003 on a new Windows 2003 server. 5.5 sat on a 2000 server. After upgrade can only see exchange tabs in AD on the 2003 server. The exchange tabs are missing on the remaining servers all running 2000 server. How do I get these tabs to appear on the 2000 server's ADs? "Darrin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Upgraded Exchange from 5.5 to 2003 after installing the >exchange 2003 on a new Windows 2003 server. 5.5 sat on a >2000 server. After upgrade can only see exchange tabs in &...

URGENT
Can I install a second exchange, only for the Email Router, leaving the mailboxes in the first one? I'm trying to troubleshoot the problems related with a clustered Exchange. Can I work arround this way? Thanks -- Charly The router needs to be installed on whatever machine servers as your SMTP gateway. If the users are partitioned somehow tha tthe SMTP taffic will come in through that ned Exchange server, than yes, you can do this. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:27:01 -0700, Ca...

Exchange Tasks missing from Active Directory Users and Computers
I've been trying to migrate from an old NT domain with an Exchange 5.5 server to a new active directory with an Exchange 2000 server. Actually, we're already half-migrated between the old domain and the active directory (i.e. some of our accounts were previously moved into active directory via ADMT). I was told to go ahead and setup the new email and get the people already in the active directory using the new Exchange server. I initially tried to use the ADC for the old domain and put the two Exchange servers in the same organization after establishing a two-way trust between the doma...

Moving Public folders from 2000 server to new 2003 exchange server
Hello there: I was wondering if you can use the move command under exchange tasks to move the Public folders as well as the calendar etc to the new 2003 exchange server. I have moved all the mailboxes without incident to the new exchange server but don't know how to go about moving the final public folders, calendar etc. Can you please give me some insite. Rebecca Go to the properties of the public folder in Exchange System manager and use the replication tab to add the new server in. You can do it as a two step process - add new in then wait for replication to occur and then...

entourage 2004 and exchange 2010
Hi, i cannot find info about "entourage 2004" over "exchange 2010". It is possible to make it work? I have read on this newsgroup that entourage 2008 need EWS to work with exchange 2010, exist EWS for "entourage 2004"? many tanks, Lorenzo On 2010-03-05 17:22:33 +0000, Lorenzo Ansaloni said: > Hi, > i cannot find info about "entourage 2004" over "exchange 2010". It is > possible to make it work? > I have read on this newsgroup that entourage 2008 need EWS to work > with exchange 2010, exist EWS for "entourage...

exchange and activesync
Hi, When ever we try to sync our mobile devices with our exchange 2003 server (SBS 2003) we receive the error. you do not have permission to sync please contact you exhange administrator etc. Anyone know how to fix this ? In news:43913334$1@quokka.wn.com.au, Thomo^^ <adthomas@westnet.com.au> typed: > Hi, > > When ever we try to sync our mobile devices with our exchange 2003 > server (SBS 2003) we receive the error. > > you do not have permission to sync please contact you exhange > administrator etc. > > Anyone know how to fix this ? Replied in exchang...

old topic, new questions: VSS and Exchange
I saw in a post on VSS and Exchange in a microsoft newsgroup and I had a quick question. Is there a site (or can you answer) that describes the disadvantages and advantages of using the Exchange VSS Writer vs. using the streaming API? I'm having a hard time picturing scenarios and what I understand so far is that VSS doesn't allow "no loss" restores or "out of place" restores. But what these are is blurry to me. Given that the Recovery Storage Group was touted as an awesome feature for Exchange 2003, is it thus useless if you are using VSS as your backup strategy?...

Missing Junk Email Folder in Exchange 2003 Mailbox (Outlook and OWA)
I have a user that is running Outlook 2003 and we are running Exchange 2003 Standard SP2 with IMF enabled and configured to send all junk candidates to the built-in junk email folder. The user is a long-time employee and has a mailbox that is probably 4 or more years old, so it has been upgraded from Outlook XP and Exchange 2000. I do not know how long ago this problem started, as he has just noticed and brought this to my attention, but he is missing his Junk Email built-in folder in both Outlook and Outlook Web Access. Outlook /resetfolders did not help. I can't find any information ...

Exchange 2003 Locking Up -Help!
The Current Sessions in the SMTP Virtual Service builds up until it reaches 60 sessions and then the SMTP service stops working completely. If I reboot, all the messages are cleared out and sent but it quickly rebuilds up to the 60 sesssions. If anyone knows what this is, I need help! It just started today. The sessions look like connections to attempt to deliver email messages but they never succeed and then go away. I uninstalled smtp service and then re-installed, then i re-installed Exchange 2003 and it seemed to work for about 5 minutes and then it was back to locking up. HE...

Odd error on Exchange server with router installed
We are getting this error (see below), but our CRM application seems to be running fine. Any thoughts on how to fix it? #6511 - An error occurred while checking the e-mail message with subject "Administrator Alert: Symantec Mail Security detected a message with an encrypted attachment (SYM:31610039282436354592)" in mailbox crmadmin@domain.com for delivery to http://crm/Domain. System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClie...

outlook + exchange + shared calendar
Hello, Is there a way to delete old shared calendar events automatically on an "Outlook 2003+ Exchange 2000" environment. Thanks See reply to your other post. Skeptical wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to delete old shared calendar events automatically on > an "Outlook 2003+ Exchange 2000" environment. > > Thanks ...

OL2003 not showing exchange folders
Okay, second post...gotta love the upgrades. Environment: Just updated to Office 2003 Pro, with a SBS2000 w/ Exchange server... Problem: Some, NOT ALL, of newly updated computers are not showing the "Public_Folder" contacts and calendar under the "Other Calendars" and/or "Other Contacts" in the Navigation Pane. On some computers, as soon as I added the Exchange email account - the Public Folders were listed under the "Other Calendars" and "Other Contacts"....BUT on other computers...with same configuration (well, obviously something ...

Migration Exchange Server 5.5 to 2003
I have completed the migration from NT4.0 Exchange Server 5.5 to Server and Exchange 2003. It appears that I missed a step in the migration process. I am not able to go to Native mode for Exchange server 2003 as I cannot remove the old server (Now in the bin with no chance of recovery). Does anybody know how to remove the old server? Hi, Have you decommissioned your ADC and SRS? -- Scott Schnoll Microsoft This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only...

Retrive deleted account and folders (exchange)
I have deleted the ms exchange account from outlook 2002 (XP), and that function deleted also all of may inbox,sent,... folders. Is there a option to retrive all the deleted folders?=???? brgds, jan If you were storing all your data in the Exchange mailbox, just add the Exchange account back into Outlook. jan wrote: > I have deleted the ms exchange account from outlook 2002 > (XP), and that function deleted also all of may > inbox,sent,... folders. Is there a option to retrive all > the deleted folders?=???? > > brgds, jan ...

Exchange version
How do I find out what version of exchange I am running. WE have small business server 2000 with exchange running on it. I went into exchange manager and clicked on help about and it comes up with microsoft management console with no reference to exchange. Please help If you're running SBS2000, you're using Exchange 2000. paploo wrote: > How do I find out what version of exchange I am running. WE have > small business server 2000 with exchange running on it. I went into > exchange manager and clicked on help about and it comes up with > microsoft management console with n...

Issues with demoting exchange server? #4
Hi, It seems that the previous administrator was not succesful in fully promoting a sever to a DC. We are supposed to have two DCs (CC7=First DC, CC5=DC with Exchange server). There have been continuous replication problems from cc5 to cc7. AD doesnt consider cc5 as a DC and cc7 is the only DC in Domain Controllers group of AD. Manual replication between two DCs results in 'no endpoints' error. AD is unavailable several times on both DCs. Object created on a DC is not replicated within two (!) days on second DC. Clearely cc5 can not communicate with cc7 the way it is supposed to. T...

Exchange 2000
Can I delete those files? Some of them contain viruses. There is also a gthrsrvc folder in the temp dir. Can I trash it as well or is it used for indexing? ...