Exchange doesn't respond when trying to change user settings

Hello all,

I have a Windows NT 4.0 Server running Exchange 5.5.  The
problem is when I try to change e-mail information on a
user thru the Exchange Administrator application, it will
sit like it is locked up for approximately 2 minutes and
then say it is not responding, try again later.

Do I need to shut down any services before making
changes?  Thanks!
0
pchesney (1)

Change <value> in outlook
We Have Exchange 2003 sp2 and outlook 2003 sp2. I have renamed 2 AD accounts. Changed all display names, accounts name etc with the 2 accounts. When users open outlook and send to renamed account they see account name <oldaccountname> in the autocomplete list. I have cleared nk2 files in profile , but it still shows newaccount <oldaccountname> in drop down box. Is there a way to edit the <oldaccountnam> value of the renamed account? I tried the same thing with a freshly loaded PC. with the same result. Thanks You can delete the nickname files. -- Ed Crowley MVP - E...

Front End Exchange 2003 OWA for a Back end 2000
Hey everybody, At the minute we're in the process of upgrading our 30 odd servers to Windows Server 2003. The Domain Controllers are still running Windows 2000. My question is : Can I install an Exchange 2003 OWA on a Windows Server 2003 to connect to an Exchange 2000 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain (Native Mode) Do I have to upgrade the whole domain first ? What about notions of Front End / Back End ? We would like to do this to benefit from the new OWA (As it's sooooo cool :)) Thanks for your replies, Mike You can use an E2K3 FE to connecto to an E2K BE, but you only get OW...

Outlook 2000 doesn't respond after downloading MS update!!
Luckily, my Outlook Express seems to work, but my Outlook 2000 will open, but if I click on a message or do Anything, it FREEZES. HELP!! I rely on calendar functions, other things. HOW could MS allow an update that screws up their own programs? I did restore - to no avail. I lent CD to someone, so can't do "repair." (Trying to get a hold of friend) Please help! I'm in process of job hunt & really need Outlook to function... Thanks, Sherry Did you recently apply SP3 for Office/Outlook 2000 and is Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode? If yes, you...

Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

Default Exchange Receive Connector
Hi all, I just installed Exchange 2007. There were two receive connectors already setup during install, I have a question on the "Default Exchange Receive Connector." If I want public mail servers to be able to send mail to my exchange server, do I need to enable "Anonymous Users" on the "Permissions Group Tab" of that connector? Robert Exchange Server 2007: internet email without Edge servers http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/07/exchange-server-2007-internet-email.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia....

Installed Second Exchange 2007SP1
I have ABC domain with two Sites STL and GVL. I had my exchange server 2007SP1 installed in STL. Now GVL installed a Exchange 2007SP1 server. All looks good but I get the following error message from time to time in the EMC on my Server in STL. There is a Firewall between us should there be some ports open for them to communicate. Thanks for your help! -------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Exchange Error -------------------------------------------------------- The following error(s) were reported while loading topology information: Get-ActiveSync...

Exchange 2003 on a Domain Controller.
Hi All, I have a WinNT/Ex5.5 to AD 2000/03 and Ex2k3 migration to do. The client is a small company with only about 15 users. The are a network solutions company that needs flexibility so SBS is out of the question. My initial thought was to have 2 Win2k domain controllers/file servers and one Win2k3 member server running Ex2k3. They only have 2 Win2k server licenses and 1 Win2k3 server license. The problem is that they want to be able to use RPC over HTTPs. I understand that requires a 2003 Global Catalogue server. So, my plan of the 2000 DCs doesn't work. My question is:...

Clearing security settings
I am setting up a new server that will be home to GP version 8. I am migrating from 7.5 to 8. I want to clear out all users, advanced security, and standard security settings and recreate them on the new server. Anybody ever scripted this? I assume I want to truncate tables, but I don't know which ones, other than what is show in techkno Steps to remove Advanced Security (874401). TIA If you run a delete statement on the SY02000 table, it will remove all settings, then you can run a reconcile against security restrictions and user access. "Cindy Lange" wrote: > I...

Clip art works on first try from web then doens't.
Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search right after I open the program, after that I either get a bunch of picture symbols with the little globe in the corner or I get nothing. This clip art thing is really driving me crazy. Anybody know what is up? ridergroov <ridergroov1@comcast.net> was very recently heard to utter: > Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections > clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search > right after I ope...

Change License / Company name
Hi, we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 user Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production server. Is there an easy way to do this?? The only solution I see, is via the Data Migration Framework. Erik. How about the re-deploy tool? "Erik" <none> wrote in message news:u0SXdbXlEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 > user > Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production > server. Is there an easy wa...

Background changes conditionally
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet that shows the floor plan layout of my call centre. On each desk, the desk number and identity are displayed. I would like to colour the background for those pcs that are on the same subnet. I have a sheet called data - it contains Table Number, Desk Number, PC ID, IP Address. How could I get it to change the background colour if the pc is on subnet 162, and set a different colour for those on subnet 167 any ideas? -- PeterG ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PeterG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.p...

SP2 Exchange default disclaimer
Hello: I am currently using free GFI tool to provide a default disclaimer on outgoing SMTP email. I was wondering if SP2 will provide this feature on Standard Exchange 2003 server. Thanks, Cindy I'm running the CTP of Exchange 2003 SP2 and haven't seen that as a feature. "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2D2E367-BEB9-49BF-98D3-5C1AE2D08B03@microsoft.com... > Hello: > I am currently using free GFI tool to provide a default disclaimer on > outgoing SMTP email. I was wondering if SP2 will provide this feature on > Standar...

single user mode
Hi, I need to be able to establish an exclusive connection to the database and do a restore to it. Nobody, can be connected to that database prior to the restore. Also, I need to be able to schedule it to run on a daily basis. I tried putting that db in a single user mode and then do the restored in a transaction but I got the error that the restore command is not allowed in the begin tran commit tran. How can I accomplish that? tolcis (nytollydba@gmail.com) writes: > I need to be able to establish an exclusive connection to the database > and do a restore to it. Nobody, c...

stop automatically changing formula!
i have a countif function COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") when i copy this and paste it to the next cell, the formula automatically change to COUNTIF(Locking!J16:J40,"f") How do I stop it from changing column I to J?!?!?! thanks. Caryn, =COUNTIF(Locking!$I$16:$I$40,"f") or =COUNTIF(Locking!$I16:$I40,"f") HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "caryn" <caryn.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7n4u3$hgi$1@avnika.corp.mot.com... > i have a countif function > COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") > when i copy this and paste it to the nex...

Store limit in Exchange
I'm currently researching the migration of my organization's mail system to Exchange and see that the standard edition of Exchange has a data store limit of 16GB. If we were to do a front end, back end setup with two server and the back end server that has the data store were to reach the 16GB limit would adding another back end server resolve this? I read in another post that this would double the space. But doing this the users that are currently create would have to be split up and some moved to the new data store server correct? Also since the Enterprise edition allows m...

unable to change password via OWA
Hi, I am having a problem with users changing passwords via OWA. When they click on the change password button, it comes up with change password screen and asked for domain name, user name , old password ,etc. The problem that I have is that when I submit it, it comes up with message saying "Either the password is too short or password uniqueness restrictions have not been met." But I didn't define any password policy on DC. What can I do ? Kindly please give me some idea. Thanks Losa If you are running windows and exchange 2003 then there are password requirements that...

find match then change cell value