Exchange design - please help

Please help with following scenario

Set up: Company has a nation-wide Sendmail server that only does POP3 for
every branch office in the nation, domain is us.company.com. One branch
office decides to deploy SBS/Exchange internally for that office.

Problem: internal domain is company.local, recipient policy has
us.company.com for mail delivery. Everytime an employee from that office
tries to email someone else who is outside of that office that piece of mail
gets dropped (because AD user does not exist and because Exchange now handles
us.company.com) How would I be able to make it so that every outgoing piece
of mail, including to employees within that Exchange site, to go to the
Sendmail server and then gets popped down to the Exchange while maintaining
the us.company.com header on outgoing emails for that office?

Or what would be a good solution in this case? Please help.
0
gee0 (5)

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:54:01 -0700, gee0
<gee0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Please help with following scenario
>
>Set up: Company has a nation-wide Sendmail server that only does POP3 for
>every branch office in the nation, domain is us.company.com. One branch
>office decides to deploy SBS/Exchange internally for that office.
>
>Problem: internal domain is company.local, recipient policy has
>us.company.com for mail delivery. Everytime an employee from that office
>tries to email someone else who is outside of that office that piece of mail
>gets dropped (because AD user does not exist and because Exchange now handles
>us.company.com) How would I be able to make it so that every outgoing piece
>of mail, including to employees within that Exchange site, to go to the
>Sendmail server and then gets popped down to the Exchange while maintaining
>the us.company.com header on outgoing emails for that office?
>
>Or what would be a good solution in this case? Please help.

I just love it when customers run disgustingly awful mail systems,
departments declare independence and then go and buy the worst
solution you could imagine. Still, it pays the mortgage...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721 will help you configure systems
to accept the mail from and deliver mail properly to, systems with the
same address space.
0
mark7219 (5666)
10/19/2006 6:14:53 PM
Thanks Mark,
At least now I have some kind of direction to resolve the issue. They've
been talking about depoying a company-wide Exchange infrastructure for too
long of a time now so our offices are taking actions into our own hands I
guess. We all know how corporate IT can get...

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:54:01 -0700, gee0
> <gee0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Please help with following scenario
> >
> >Set up: Company has a nation-wide Sendmail server that only does POP3 for
> >every branch office in the nation, domain is us.company.com. One branch
> >office decides to deploy SBS/Exchange internally for that office.
> >
> >Problem: internal domain is company.local, recipient policy has
> >us.company.com for mail delivery. Everytime an employee from that office
> >tries to email someone else who is outside of that office that piece of mail
> >gets dropped (because AD user does not exist and because Exchange now handles
> >us.company.com) How would I be able to make it so that every outgoing piece
> >of mail, including to employees within that Exchange site, to go to the
> >Sendmail server and then gets popped down to the Exchange while maintaining
> >the us.company.com header on outgoing emails for that office?
> >
> >Or what would be a good solution in this case? Please help.
>
> I just love it when customers run disgustingly awful mail systems,
> departments declare independence and then go and buy the worst
> solution you could imagine. Still, it pays the mortgage...
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721 will help you configure systems
> to accept the mail from and deliver mail properly to, systems with the
> same address space.

0
gee0 (5)

Exchange 2k Journaling Problem
The company I work for is going to be moving locations in the next couple of months and, due to the move and several other factors, our email server will be down for a couple of days. As a stop gap measure, we have contracted with a 3rd party, Front Bridge AMC, to handle the email for us during that time period. The Front Bridge AMC maintains 30 days worth of email for each user and allows web access to their email, similiar to OWA. Email that arrives from an external source (hotmail for example) destined for the company I work for is captured, as is internal email destined for outsi...

Exchange 2003 SP1 and SBS 2003
My company has a server running SBS 2003. When running Baseline Security Analyzer I noticed that I needed to update our SBS Exchange 2003 to SP1 (BSL referred to our current version as Exchange 2003 Gold). I downloaded SP1 but was unable to locate any installation guidelines in the release notes. Should I just install the update during off hours? Please let me know if any installation instructions or guidelines exist. Thank you for your help. A Beck The release notes http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/sp1rn.mspx and online help http://www.microsof...

New to Access 2007
Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tables, forms, etc. But when I select a form, I can only open it; the option to Design the form is greyed out and the entire Forms tab in the Ribbon is greyed out too. Help! Thanks much, Glenn "Glenn H" <glenn@pivotal-z.com> wrote in message news:1187024333.492672.70330@q4g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) > MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tabl...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Saturday, June 26, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 140 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there you should specify newsgroup microsoft.public.money and some search terms you consi...

Existing Exchange 03 server to new Domain
We currently have an Exchange 2003 server, we would like to install a 2003 domain and make the Exchange 03 server part of the new domain. We would like to copy the user accounts for exchange to the new domain. Anyone have any info on doing this I am have some problems finding anything on Microsoft's website. you can only have one Exchange Org per AD Forest...are you trying to have two different ones or is this a child domain type of thing? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "jpnels" <jpnels71@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147294933.261759.288080@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com.....

Need one help
Dear Sir/Madam, I need some help that I am working in cousulting firm and we providing solution to clinet as web base and mail base. We are microsoft ceritfied partner and we using win2k3 ent. server on this server exchange2k3 and other is win2k3 with IMail. Till upto now we are proving clients mail solution on Imail base but now we are planing to charge more for mail solution and those are interested to pay then we give them exchange mail solution. Now I having one question in my mind is that in IMail I create diffrent diffrent domain for different web site according to clients. Now o...

Exchange 5.5 Error Message "Application Log Full"
This is the relavent information from the Application Log: Event ID: 2125 Source: MSExchnageMTA Type: Warning Catagory: Resource Description: Statistics for the DBI call (DB Server): file writes GATEWAY, reads 37, cache hits 275, misses %5. Attribute %6, value number %7, Object ID: %8 (00000000 => N/A). Caller %12 [%9 %10 %11] (8) I'm having a hard time making sense of this error message. Vaguely, it looks like a system call to a DB server that is misbehaving in some way. I've tried restarting the MSExchangeMTA service, to no avail. Can somone point me in the right dire...

please help #8
I am trying to switch info from one XP machine running office 2000 to another XP machine running office 2000 and I have a ton of Macros. How do I successfully move these Macros in excel, so I don't have to recreate them? Hi if you have stored your macros in your personal.xls just copy thie file to your new machine -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Bob Garber wrote: > I am trying to switch info from one XP machine running > office 2000 to another XP machine running office 2000 and > I have a ton of Macros. How do I successfully move these > Macros in excel, so I...

Thanks for all the help on Year-to-date query!
It's so great to know that there are folks out there that can take the time to help someone whose 78 year old brain is slowly turning to gorgonzola cheese! Again, thanX Mikie Francisco 9 @ ATT N E T ...

please send me a good solution
hi all, I have an application in which the worker threads are created using Win32 API and the main thread is actually a GUI in MFC. I have to Send Messages from worker threads to WinMain thread quite frequently . I earlier used SendMessage() function but my application used to hang frequently. So instead I used PostMessage() function, the application works well enough now .. but still in some cases it hangs. I tried to debug the condition and found that my WinMain stucks in the AfxPumpingMessage function. I don't know what to do? Can anyone suggest a workaround for this situation. ?? Than...

Activity Creation by Exchange Connector
We're investigating the use of the connector to create activities for incoming email that relates to CRM records. I think a good solution would be for CRM to create activities for all incoming messages that come from an email address that matches a Lead, Contact, and Account. If a matching address does not exist, the user would be required to promote the message using SFO -- or copy and paste. I have tried both options for converting incoming email and neither seem to be close to what I want: - All incoming.... creates and activity for *all* messages, even if it cannot match the se...

forward exchange 2003 mail to external email #2
hi anybody knows how to do this? i tried this but it didnt work http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/mf015.html its ok now..i just create another account..and and configure an external mailbox to that account..and then on the first account, i just put a forward to under delivery options the another accoount..:> :> ...

exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5
can 2003 and 5.5 running in the same network, different domains, seperate orgs, can users view each others address list? You might try this link for help, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;238573 -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Mostro" <oveloz@glas**flossnospam.com> wrote in message news:10f59d91kildved@corp.supernews.com... > can 2003 and 5.5 running in the same network, different domains, seperate > orgs, can users view each others address list? > > ...

Exchange Server Problem (I need help)
Hello to you all! The medical clinic I work at has a network. We all have our own email address. Mine, for example is lpeacock@elcardiologist.com. The problem is this. I can send out email as much as I want and they go where I need them to go. However, when anyone attempts to send any of us email, to our work, we don't get them. Now we had experianced some MAJOR problems recently in the past to where the actual IT lady had to set everything back up because things just went down. So our email accounts worked without any problems. But now, we can't recieve anything from an...

Help with mutiple profiles / accounts
Hi there, I have multiple different pop3 accounts i would like to use from 1 profile, is this possible? Please help. I have 3 different pop 3 accounts which i have setup. I also have 3 different data folders that the mail from each account drops into, this works fine. However, how do I set it so that when I reply to an email from 'pop1' it uses the pop1 smtp server and account details and when I reply or create emails for 'pop2' it uses pop2 details (the same for pop3). This was possible in outlook express, in the email window, there was a simply a drop down from which...

Exchange 2003 And Multiple Managers
We need to deploy our organisation to allow for some users to have multiple Managers. For example, a secretary can report to a number of different Managers depending on what work they are performing at the time. Any help on how this would be achieved would be greatly appreciated. "Davie" <dxw@mms.co.uk> wrote: >We need to deploy our organisation to allow for some users to have multiple >Managers. For example, a secretary can report to a number of different >Managers depending on what work they are performing at the time. > >Any help on how this would ...

Help with array formula
I need help with an array formula, I have to columns, I need to find the min, the max and average form the two columns added, but I cant create a new column. E.g.; name s1 s2 John 1 1 Peter 3 5 Frank 6 3 min= 2 ( John) Max= 9 (Frank) average= 6.33 Thanks One way (array entered): =MIN(B2:B4+C2:C4) =MAX(B2:B4+C2:C4) =AVERAGE(B2:B4+C2:C4) In article <1164729405.003619.272780@j72g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, GastonFranzini@gmail.com wrote: > I need help with an array formula, > I have to columns, I need to find ...

Help On User Form
Hi All, Can any one help me in this .I have made a orderform with some combobox and tickboxes a simple form i want to collect the data at the end of the sheet .Like when i select certain item from drop down box is there away that data can be collected at the end of the sheet.I Many Thanks in Advance Mastee -- mastee ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mastee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23826 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398070 Good morning Mastee You really ne...

please resolve
please resolve this problem, iam not able to start the excahnge server services. the error is :error 1068:the dependency service or group failed to start We need more details in order to assist you. What version of Exchange are you using? What services are started? What services are not started? What error events are logged in your Application log? Please include the event ID, Source, and Description. Thanks -- Melissa Travers, MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS...

how do you reinstall the microsoft exchange server
I have outlook 2003 and was tryingto make it compatible with windows live and somehow deleted my microsoft exchange server and now I cannot open outlook...how do you reinstall the microsoft exchange server.__ -- lje Use the Mail applet in the control panel to add the Exchange account type back. "laurna" <laurna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D930AED-BB12-499E-996D-6FAF98D5B598@microsoft.com... >I have outlook 2003 and was tryingto make it compatible with windows live >and > somehow deleted my microsoft exchange server and now I ...

Help needed in print
hi I am displaying lot of labels and progress bars in side form view. I want to print all the label and progress bar as it looks in the form view. thanks in advance with regards Harish Harish, You might be interested in Joe Newcomber's site, here: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm#Bitmap%20series where you'll find code for screen copying and bitmap printing. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Harish" <harish.k at sify.com> a �crit dans le message de news:OCcSb3u5DHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hi > > I am displaying lot of labels and progress...

Two Copies of Personal Folders Please Help!
I just transfered all of my email from my old computer to my new one and I just noticed that I have two identical copies of my personal folders in Outlook 2003. If I do something to one of them, it happens to both of them. How can I get rid of one of the copies of my personal folders? Also, I don't like the favorites folder. Can I hide or remove it? Thanks. Shannon you can edit the registry, but it'll be easier to make a new profile. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm No, you can't hide Favorite folders. Try Ctrl+6 to use the old folder list view. -- Diane...

Incorrect Exchange/Mailbox details
Hi, I've inputted incorrect Exchange Server & Mailbox details and now Outlook 2003 closes without giving me the option to change them. When I double click on Outlook icon, Outlook 2003 starts to load. A box opens with the text 'Configuring Outlook Accounts' 'Creating Welcome Message' Then another box opens with the error - 'The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action' (I'm online and connected) The only option here is to click the OK button Another box opens titled Microso...

Routing the emails for another ISP (Exchange 2000)
Hello, I am analyzing a situation for a client: I has a LAN that has 4 PCs, assigned to 4 local users, each one has an email account (Exchange 2000). But emails should not be routed for the ISP that is being used, they must be routed for another ISP set. What options do I have for this. I hope you understand my question. Thanks. ...

There is a problem with this website's security certificate
Hi All, This morning I woke up to a problem with my SBS 2008 SSL certificate for the remote company website. When we visit the https://remote.company.com/remote page, we get the following error message: There is a problem with this website's security certificate. Blah blah blah... In short, I reissued, rekeyed, revoked, and created a new SSL certificate at Godaddy...but regardless, I still get the same error message. Is this a problem with IIS? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Ringo A bit more info would be good. As... just wondering, but wha...