Exchange Delivery Delay (Error 4.4.7)

We recently installed SBS 2003 and are using Exchange 2003 
for email.  Everyone can log in and use exchange with no 
problems. All seems to be working ok.

But some of the users are getting Non Delivery Reports. On 
some email messages.

The reports are in the following formats:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status 
Notification. 
THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY. 
YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE. 
Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed. 
carlos.caxias@dywid.pt 
Reporting-MTA: dns;maildywid.Dywid.co.uk
Final-Recipient: rfc822;carlos.caxias@dywid.pt
Action: delayed
Status: 4.4.7
Will-Retry-Until: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:06:54 +0100
X-Display-Name: 'carlos.caxias@dywid.pt'

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status 
Notification. 
THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY. 
YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE. 
Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed. 
CarolRobbins3@aol.com
Reporting-MTA: dns;maildywid.Dywid.co.uk
Final-Recipient: rfc822;CarolRobbins3@aol.com
Action: delayed
Status: 4.4.7
Will-Retry-Until: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:13:07 +0100
X-Display-Name: 'Carol Robbins'

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
grahamfairs@hotmail.com on 18/07/2004 10:13
Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. 
Please retry or contact your administrator.
<maildywid.Dywid.co.uk #4.4.7>

This occurs with specific domains including msn.com, 
hotmail.com, and microsoft.com

I need to try and understand what is causing these 
problems. I have gone through the microsoft articles but I 
cannot find anything that refers to these problems.

Is it a problem with the new server? 
Or is the problem at the other side of the internet?
Could it be a DNS problem?

The SMTP connector is the standard setup one. I have not 
done anything fancy with the installation. My knowledge is 
limited on Exchange.

Any information gratefully received.

Thanks,
Steve
0
anonymous (74722)
9/29/2004 7:59:15 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

3 Replies
544 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 43

couple of questions for u-
1. Can you receive emails from the mentioned domains?
2. Do you have a rev ptr set up?
3. Do  you run any AV? If yes which which one?
4. Have you mentioned an external DNS in the SMTP VS?
   this should help for starters. lemme know

"Steve Owens" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0f1501c4a65e$cc0542d0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> We recently installed SBS 2003 and are using Exchange 2003
> for email.  Everyone can log in and use exchange with no
> problems. All seems to be working ok.
>
> But some of the users are getting Non Delivery Reports. On
> some email messages.
>
> The reports are in the following formats:
>
> This is an automatically generated Delivery Status
> Notification.
> THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
> YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
> Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
> carlos.caxias@dywid.pt
> Reporting-MTA: dns;maildywid.Dywid.co.uk
> Final-Recipient: rfc822;carlos.caxias@dywid.pt
> Action: delayed
> Status: 4.4.7
> Will-Retry-Until: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:06:54 +0100
> X-Display-Name: 'carlos.caxias@dywid.pt'
>
> This is an automatically generated Delivery Status
> Notification.
> THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
> YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
> Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
> CarolRobbins3@aol.com
> Reporting-MTA: dns;maildywid.Dywid.co.uk
> Final-Recipient: rfc822;CarolRobbins3@aol.com
> Action: delayed
> Status: 4.4.7
> Will-Retry-Until: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:13:07 +0100
> X-Display-Name: 'Carol Robbins'
>
> The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
> grahamfairs@hotmail.com on 18/07/2004 10:13
> Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified.
> Please retry or contact your administrator.
> <maildywid.Dywid.co.uk #4.4.7>
>
> This occurs with specific domains including msn.com,
> hotmail.com, and microsoft.com
>
> I need to try and understand what is causing these
> problems. I have gone through the microsoft articles but I
> cannot find anything that refers to these problems.
>
> Is it a problem with the new server?
> Or is the problem at the other side of the internet?
> Could it be a DNS problem?
>
> The SMTP connector is the standard setup one. I have not
> done anything fancy with the installation. My knowledge is
> limited on Exchange.
>
> Any information gratefully received.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve


0
shitij_T (39)
9/30/2004 4:59:52 AM
I believe that we might have found the issue... we turned 
of Symantec AV scanning of outgoing emil and all seeme to 
be working.

But here are the answers to your questions...
1. We can receive from those domains.
2. We do have reverse lookup working
3. We do have Symantec AV Corporate 9.0 
4. Not sure what this means (that could help us).

Steve

>-----Original Message-----
>couple of questions for u-
>1. Can you receive emails from the mentioned domains?
>2. Do you have a rev ptr set up?
>3. Do  you run any AV? If yes which which one?
>4. Have you mentioned an external DNS in the SMTP VS?
>   this should help for starters. lemme know
>
>"Steve Owens" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote 
in message
>news:0f1501c4a65e$cc0542d0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>> We recently installed SBS 2003 and are using Exchange 
2003
>> for email.  Everyone can log in and use exchange with no
>> problems. All seems to be working ok.
>>
>> But some of the users are getting Non Delivery Reports. 
On
>> some email messages.
>>
>> The reports are in the following formats:
>>
>> This is an automatically generated Delivery Status
>> Notification.
>> THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
>> YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
>> Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
>> carlos.caxias@dywid.pt
>> Reporting-MTA: dns;maildywid.Dywid.co.uk
>> Final-Recipient: rfc822;carlos.caxias@dywid.pt
>> Action: delayed
>> Status: 4.4.7
>> Will-Retry-Until: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:06:54 +0100
>> X-Display-Name: 'carlos.caxias@dywid.pt'
>>
>> This is an automatically generated Delivery Status
>> Notification.
>> THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
>> YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
>> Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
>> CarolRobbins3@aol.com
>> Reporting-MTA: dns;maildywid.Dywid.co.uk
>> Final-Recipient: rfc822;CarolRobbins3@aol.com
>> Action: delayed
>> Status: 4.4.7
>> Will-Retry-Until: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:13:07 +0100
>> X-Display-Name: 'Carol Robbins'
>>
>> The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
>> grahamfairs@hotmail.com on 18/07/2004 10:13
>> Could not deliver the message in the time limit 
specified.
>> Please retry or contact your administrator.
>> <maildywid.Dywid.co.uk #4.4.7>
>>
>> This occurs with specific domains including msn.com,
>> hotmail.com, and microsoft.com
>>
>> I need to try and understand what is causing these
>> problems. I have gone through the microsoft articles 
but I
>> cannot find anything that refers to these problems.
>>
>> Is it a problem with the new server?
>> Or is the problem at the other side of the internet?
>> Could it be a DNS problem?
>>
>> The SMTP connector is the standard setup one. I have not
>> done anything fancy with the installation. My knowledge 
is
>> limited on Exchange.
>>
>> Any information gratefully received.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
9/30/2004 3:24:54 PM
excellent. I had the same issue. Turning off the Symantec AV resolved it.
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:234801c4a701$a2ec2f50$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> I believe that we might have found the issue... we turned
> of Symantec AV scanning of outgoing emil and all seeme to
> be working.
>
> But here are the answers to your questions...
> 1. We can receive from those domains.
> 2. We do have reverse lookup working
> 3. We do have Symantec AV Corporate 9.0
> 4. Not sure what this means (that could help us).
>
> Steve
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >couple of questions for u-
> >1. Can you receive emails from the mentioned domains?
> >2. Do you have a rev ptr set up?
> >3. Do  you run any AV? If yes which which one?
> >4. Have you mentioned an external DNS in the SMTP VS?
> >   this should help for starters. lemme know
> >
> >"Steve Owens" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message
> >news:0f1501c4a65e$cc0542d0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> >> We recently installed SBS 2003 and are using Exchange
> 2003
> >> for email.  Everyone can log in and use exchange with no
> >> problems. All seems to be working ok.
> >>
> >> But some of the users are getting Non Delivery Reports.
> On
> >> some email messages.
> >>
> >> The reports are in the following formats:
> >>
> >> This is an automatically generated Delivery Status
> >> Notification.
> >> THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
> >> YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
> >> Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
> >> carlos.caxias@dywid.pt
> >> Reporting-MTA: dns;maildywid.Dywid.co.uk
> >> Final-Recipient: rfc822;carlos.caxias@dywid.pt
> >> Action: delayed
> >> Status: 4.4.7
> >> Will-Retry-Until: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:06:54 +0100
> >> X-Display-Name: 'carlos.caxias@dywid.pt'
> >>
> >> This is an automatically generated Delivery Status
> >> Notification.
> >> THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
> >> YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
> >> Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
> >> CarolRobbins3@aol.com
> >> Reporting-MTA: dns;maildywid.Dywid.co.uk
> >> Final-Recipient: rfc822;CarolRobbins3@aol.com
> >> Action: delayed
> >> Status: 4.4.7
> >> Will-Retry-Until: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:13:07 +0100
> >> X-Display-Name: 'Carol Robbins'
> >>
> >> The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
> >> grahamfairs@hotmail.com on 18/07/2004 10:13
> >> Could not deliver the message in the time limit
> specified.
> >> Please retry or contact your administrator.
> >> <maildywid.Dywid.co.uk #4.4.7>
> >>
> >> This occurs with specific domains including msn.com,
> >> hotmail.com, and microsoft.com
> >>
> >> I need to try and understand what is causing these
> >> problems. I have gone through the microsoft articles
> but I
> >> cannot find anything that refers to these problems.
> >>
> >> Is it a problem with the new server?
> >> Or is the problem at the other side of the internet?
> >> Could it be a DNS problem?
> >>
> >> The SMTP connector is the standard setup one. I have not
> >> done anything fancy with the installation. My knowledge
> is
> >> limited on Exchange.
> >>
> >> Any information gratefully received.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Steve
> >
> >
> >.
> >


0
shitij_T (39)
9/30/2004 3:32:48 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Access97 on XP
Using a db built in in Access97 with Outlook Express was fine until we moved from Windows2k to XP. Now a simple DoCmd.Send.object on a control form return Error 2287. All I want is for the headers on the email be filled by Email,- compose the object field showing some particulars filed on the record and a simple Hello whoever in the body. This has been working fine for years but now nada. There seems to be lot of exchange on the subject but I have not found one defnitive (and easy) answer Can any1 help Merci ...

Exchange Rate on Bank Transfer
Is there a way to modify the exchange rate on a bank transfer in the bank transfer screen? It seems I have to enter the Exchange Rate tables and modify the system wide exchange rate. What if the exchange rate for one transaction is different from that of another (since I have multiple bank accounts)? Adam, You can always change the exchange rate on the foreign currency checkbook whether you are transferring from or to it. If the exchange rate does not exist for the date of the transaction, the system will prompt you for a valid exchange rate depending on whether your exchange rates ar...

MS Money 2006 & IE7 error
Since installing IE7 b1, when I close Money 2006, it closes down but then does the dialog that an error occurred. And no matter if choose to send or not send, it reopens Money again. Luckily if you close from the logon screen, it doesn't do this cycle again. Hopefully the Money team knows about this issue. Known IE7 error. That's why you are beta testing - to find out what applications IE7 scr*ws. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.micros...

ASP.NET and Exchange on a domain controller
Hi all I am trying to install Exchange 2003 for testing purposes on a Windows 2003 domain controller box. Whenever I get to the point of enabling ASP.NET on IIS Manager it does not appear there even though ASP.NET is installed on the system. I have gone through the Technet Article 315158. It says in the article that the problem has been fixed with the 1.1 >Net framework. As far as I can tell I do have this version of .Net but still have no joy. ANy help would be greatly appreciated Cheers Isaac de Abreu Johannesburg - South Africa ...

Problem With Front End Server Exchange 2003
i m running exchange 2003 Stan on server 2003. i got Error message on my screen There is no RPC-HTTP Front-end in your exchange Organization. There Must be at Lease on RPC-HTTP Front-end Server in the organization before the RPC-HTTp back and serve. so how can i configuration RPCHTTP Front End www.microsoft.com/exchange On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:11:04 -0800, dua <dua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i m running exchange 2003 Stan on server 2003. >i got Error message on my screen >There is no RPC-HTTP Front-end in your exchange Organization. There Must be >at Lease on R...

Old servers showing up in "Create an exchange mailbox" wizard.
Greetings, I have a customer who removed some Exchange 5.5 servers in an usual fashion, and as such I removed them from the ORG by using ADSIEDIT to delete them. The problem is these mailbox servers are still showing up as target options in the create a new mailbox selection wizard. How can I clear these dead and gone servers from this list? The SRS databases and ADC are long gone, and the enviornment is native mode 2003. Also I thought at one point making a server a front-end server made it not show up in this list. I see all their front-end servers in this list, so I am guess my recollectio...

Error message in Outlook Express
My question is regarding Outlook Express (I couldn't find a separate newsgroup for it hence posting it in the Outlook newsgroup). Every time I open Outlook Express I get an error message that says "Msnmsgr has caused an error in <unkwown>. Msnmsgr will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer." I have disabled "Automatically log on to Windows Messenger" feature in the Tools-Options-General tab. What else can I do to get rid of this error message everytime I open Outlook Express? Thanks for your time. Here is the l...

Public Folders on Exchange 2003
We ran through the deployment tools and have linked a new Exchange 2003 server to an existing Exchange 5.5 server. We used pfmigrate to create public folder replicas on our target server, the Exchange 2003 server. We have not yet run the command to remove the replicated public folders from our source server (Exchange 5.5 server). Is it true that we would only run this step once we are ready to decommission our Exchange 5.5 server? How do I verify that the folders actually exist on our Exchange 2003 server? The reason I ask is that we are doing backup of our Exchange 2003 server wi...

during install, E2007, Error Code is 1603 (exchangeserver.msi) failed
Installing E2007 on a server to migrate from E2003, the BPA shows no issues, we get no warnings in the setup, but, when it starts to COPY FILES we get the following: Installing product C:\Exchange 2007\exchangeserver.msi failed. Fatal error during installation. Error code is 1603. Last error reported by the MSI package is 'Module D:\Exchange\Bin\ExSMime.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147010895. Contact your support personnel.'. I've copied the media to the C drive (we're installing E2007 on the "D" drive array, and run it from C or the CD/DVD, b...

Leave copies on server with Exchange 2003
Hi all, I have a user who normally connects to an exchange server in the office, but he likes to connect to his mail box via pop3 on his phone/pda when out and about. The trouble is that the pda downloads his entire mailbox every time and removes them from his inbox on the server, even when 'Leave a copy on the server' is checked. I've tested this in the office using Outlook Express to confirm that this is happening. How can I have the server leave a copy of everything in the exchange mialbox, while sending new items to the device which requests them? Many thanks, Garet...

Excel VB Code Error
I am trying to create a .csv file from an Excel workbook using a VB module and am wondering if someone can tell me what's wrong with the below code: Public Sub CSV2() Application.DisplayAlerts = False Sheets.Add ActiveSheet.Name = "Temp_10001" For Each ws In Worksheets If ws.Name <> "Temp_10001" Then ws.UsedRange.Copy Sheets("Temp_10001").Range("A1").Activate x = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count If x > 1 Then ActiveCell.Offset(x, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpec...

Server Error: 0x80191002
Hi. What does this error message mean? Server Error: 0x80191002 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002 I'm on XPsp3 and using Live Mail Desktop 14.0.8089.0726. I haven't been able to synch my account from the desktop client since yesterday morning. The web interface is working fine, but that's not very convenient for me. Graeme Several sites suggest deleting the account and recreate it as an attempt to correct this issue. However, there are also many which state you must contact...

Exchange 2003 / Outlook XP How to lock down email format / colour and disable signatures
My boss wants a uniform email look for everyone throughout the organisation, as users are using bizarre colours for email backgrounds, unusual fonts, and their own personal signatures. To create a standard signature for users using information from AD, I believe there are 2 ways: either create an event sink using a VB script (I dont know how to do do this, so I won't be trying); or use a third party application like Exclaimer (BTW is there a good alternative to this - I have a quote for this but it is pretty damn expensive for what it does). To prevent users from using their own signatur...

OWA SSL setup 404 page not found error
I've followed all the necessary steps (I think) to setup our webserver (iis) for SSL and OWA, but when browse to the site with the https:// address, it returns a 404 page not found error. I have the certificate installed and set the default website and the exchange virtual directory to use SSL. I also set the port number for SSL on the default site to be 443. The site prompts for the certificate install when browsing to it, but after accepting the certificate install in the browser, it brings back the file not found page. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Windows 2K S...

Exchange Tool
getting this error in MSextmx.log when running Version 2 of the tool Please login to profile with admim privilges. Unable find mailbox timezone: error:0x80004005 The user I am logged onto and using OL has full permissions and send as on all the mailboxes in the exchange. Any thoughts, Thank you in advance. sometimes you just have to manually enter the server name and timezone yourself, it should look like this: /O=myorg/OU=my1admingroup/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=sid myserver Mountain Standard Time "WILDPACKET" wrote: > > getting this error in MSextmx.log when running V...

Publishing error 02-04-05
Can login to CRM application without any issues, can login create Account, contacts no problem. We added custom fields using CRM deployment manager without any issues. Then we try and publish from Deployment manager. The step where you Click Add to select your CRM server, nothing happens and software hang.... If anyone else has a fix for this issue please help CRM is usinning on SBS 2003 box Regards, Kyaw any errors in the event logs? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Kyaw" <no@spam.net> wrote in message news:umRjtAmCFHA.3732@TK2MS...

Recreate Exchange 2000 with Disaster Recovery Switch
How do I do that? Please be explicit. I'm very new to the admin of Exchange. I've only done two "vanilla" installs. TIA, seems after reading for a while I would use a cmd box to go to the dir on the CD and issue "setup /disasterrecovery". If that is correct, am I to assume that this will "re-use" my existing data? By that I mean I plan to issue this statement on a machine where Exchange is hosed but the data store seems to be in tact. "bestbapu" wrote: > How do I do that? > > Please be explicit. I'm very new to the admin...

Excel Slooooow. It takes 4 to 6 seconds to perform each input or command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed Excel 2008 on a new installation of Snow Leopard and it does not work properly. It takes ages to register every input or command, like a large Lag. <br><br>EG. each figure or text, input into cells takes 4 seconds from hitting enter to accepting the input. Changing the width of a column takes 6 seconds from letting go of the mouse after dragging to the new width. etc etc. <br><br>I have checked for updates. Any ideas? > I have just installed Excel 2008 on a n...

MSN Portfolio Manager #4
HAs anyone else had trouble with Portfolio Manager. all I get is the Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage -- Jps In microsoft.public.money, jack wrote: >HAs anyone else had trouble with Portfolio Manager. all I get is the >Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage See if the first item in http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Common/NetworkStatus.aspx? applies. me too. "jack" wrote: > HAs anyone else had trouble with Portfolio Manager. all I get is the > Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage > > > -- > Jps Same issue, ...

money2004 startup error
When I start the program I encounter following error: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mnyob99.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 000dc6e5 I looked at other posts and done everything from reinstalling the program to replacing the .dll files. but keeps giving the error. anyone know what I should do? TIA reinstalled again and got a different dll error AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: ofdutil.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0000ce2d please help >-----Original Message----- >When I start the program I encounter following error: > >AppName: msmone...

log in error
When I sign in to Microsoft Money (2002) I get an error "Money is unable to verify sign in. Money will now try to log you using Work Offline sign in. Some online features, such as background banking, will be unavailable because of network problems. To use these online features, please close Money and try to sign in again later." Help! Everytime I try I get the same error message. What am I doing wrong and can anyone help? ...

Turn Off Delivery Status Notifications
Does anyone know how to turn off all delivery status notifications on an Exchange 2003 box? In news:490071C3-992F-448E-9CDA-45E0368FCFEF@microsoft.com, Reinaldo J. Romero <Reinaldo J. Romero@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Does anyone know how to turn off all delivery status notifications on > an Exchange 2003 box? Yes; in ESM, go to global settings, internet message formats, properties of default, Advanced tab. De-select "allow non-delivery reports" and whatever else you like. ...

POP3 setup Exchange 2003
Can someone point me in the right direction for how to setup POP3 for external users in an Exchange 2003 environment? It is currently setup to send and receive via smtp, I want to allow certain users only access to pickup and send mail via this server via POP3. Thanks Enable the POP3 service and then open up the port (110) on your Firewall. Are you looking for more info? Nue "Ziguana" <Ziguana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFF74E38-3ACD-4AA0-9177-2424C4E410DC@microsoft.com... > Can someone point me in the right direction for how to setup POP3 for &...

Error LNK2005 while building MFC application
Hi, I get following linker error several times for different methods while building a huge MFC solution: "error LNK2005: "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __thiscall CObject::GetRuntimeClass(void)const " (?GetRuntimeClass@CObject@@UBEPAUCRuntimeClass@@XZ) already defined in nafxcwd.lib(objcore.obj) nafxcw.lib TerminalSideApp" How can I correct this? Thanks in advance. >I get following linker error several times for different methods while >building a huge MFC solution: > >"error LNK2005: "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __t...

A SQL network connection error occurred exiting Modifier
We have a very peculiar sutiation. When we go into Modifier and exit back tp GP10, we get the following message: "A SQL network connection error occurred and your connection was cleared. This probably occurred because all available connections to the servers are in use. Please try again later." Yet when we return to GP, we have full functional GP. This happens to a PC connected to a SQL server and a PC with GP & SQL installed in the same PC. What version and edition of SQL Server are you running? Is it licensed per CAL or per processor. If you are licensed per CAL, y...