Exchange database not being updated

Hi,

On our exchange server, we have one Mailbox Store in the First Storage
group. In the mailbox store properties->database, the file for the
exchange database is: H:\MDBDATA\priv1.edb and that for the Exchange
streaming database is H:\MDBDATA\priv1.stm. The email system appears
to be functioning perfectly but these two files never change- their
size and last modified date, when viewed through explorer have been
constant since the 8th of February this year. Is this not where the
new emails are stored? How can it be unchanging?

I discovered this issue (if it is an issue) because the backup
software which backs up the files in H:\MDBDATA\ repeatedly said that
there was nothing new to back up. Are we backing up the correct data
to restore the mailboxes if the drive fails?

(Exchange 6.5 on Win Server 2003 SP1, backup software is Retrospect
7.5).

Thanks,

Aengus.

0
aengus (1)

Go through all your DBs on the server and check the database paths one more
time.

It sounds like those DBs are not in use to be honest. Can you rename the
files while Exchange is online? If you can then Exchange is not using them.
If Exchange is using them then it will not allow you rename them.

btw you should not be doing any file level backups of these Exchange db
files. You need to run an Exchange online backup. Ntbackup is fine for this.

/Simon
"aengus" <aengus@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> On our exchange server, we have one Mailbox Store in the First Storage
> group. In the mailbox store properties->database, the file for the
> exchange database is: H:\MDBDATA\priv1.edb and that for the Exchange
> streaming database is H:\MDBDATA\priv1.stm. The email system appears
> to be functioning perfectly but these two files never change- their
> size and last modified date, when viewed through explorer have been
> constant since the 8th of February this year. Is this not where the
> new emails are stored? How can it be unchanging?
>
> I discovered this issue (if it is an issue) because the backup
> software which backs up the files in H:\MDBDATA\ repeatedly said that
> there was nothing new to back up. Are we backing up the correct data
> to restore the mailboxes if the drive fails?
>
> (Exchange 6.5 on Win Server 2003 SP1, backup software is Retrospect
> 7.5).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Aengus.

New exams and all new updates with passing guarantee only at Testking.co.uk
New exams and all new updates with passing guarantee only at Testking.co.uk ...

Unable to uninstall Exchange 2003 server
Trying to uninstall Exchange 2003 from the first Exchange server. (out of two, second being a 2 node A/P cluster) Got all the public folders/roles/mailboxes moved over. All except for a few system mailboxes which shouldn't matter anyway, SMTP, System Attendant, SystemMailbox. (right?) So I go to Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs, to remove Exchange, and it throws me this error: The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging Collaboration Services" cannot be assigne the action "Remove" because: - One or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. Thes...

Exchange / OWA for 3 domains (or more later on)
I am looking to use a stand alone box to host exchange server so that I might have OWA for 3 domains that I have. I want to provide OWA along with POP3 and SMTP for these domains also. If I am correct; exchange can only be installed if a domain is present. So this means when I install my server 2003 I must promote it to being a domain controller, DNS, etc. Then once installed I have my Active Directory and I can now prep to install exchange. This part I am aware of. My next step is how do I host more than one domain in exchange and provide them with OWA. If would be nice also if t...

Delay receiving email from Exchange
Env: Small Business Server 2000; Outlook 2002 SP3 I have one user who does not automatically receive email from the Exchange server. As soon as you click any item in her inbox, new mail is received. Everyone else in the same office with the same setup (as far as I can tell) is working fine. Any ideas would be appreciated. > I have one user who does not automatically receive email > from the Exchange server. As soon as you click any item > in her inbox, new mail is received. Everyone else in the > same office with the same setup (as far as I can tell) is > working fine...

Update Date & Time
I am new to Micrsoft Money and need help. The date and time on my computer and in Micrsoft Monay are both correct, however the date and time it gives me when I update new information from my bank is two days ahead of the current date. It keeps throwing me off. For instance, when I downloaded new information today May 20, 2005 at 7 pm on the home page it tells me it was last updated May 23 at 12:00 am. I can find no way to change this. I am running Money 2005 basic. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you Vicki Did you have to have a Passport to download data from your bank? ...

Automatic online updates
I use automatic online updates for my bank accounts. However, some of the transactions showed up on bank statement but not on Money's account register. Why is that? Also, how can I change the beginning balance? I changed the balance but after I came back in next time, the old number showed up again. Thanks, Winnie ...

Native Mode in Exchange
Can I change to Native Mode in Exchange under the following escenarie? We still are running Exchange on Mixed Mode which limited some capabilities between our domains like ability to mode mailboxes between servers in different Administrative groups within an organization. We already raised our domains to the forest functional level of windows 2003. Implications: “Connectors or gateway programs that run only Exchange server 5.5” We have a couple connectors to TI (other organization) but since they are SMTP connectors I think it does not matter. Best regards, Wuitre Correct - you can ...

Exchange 5.5 Organization Name
I currently am trying to migrate from Ex 5.5 to Ex 2003, but seems that I have to rename my organization name because it has a period in the name and that is not supported by Ex 2003. I wanted to know if there where any issues with changing the organization, and what should I look out for when I do this. Thanks in advance. On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:15:58 -0500, "IT Geek" <nospam@noemail.com> wrote: >I currently am trying to migrate from Ex 5.5 to Ex 2003, but seems that I >have to rename my organization name because it has a period in the name and >that is no...

Exchange 2003 not creating mailboxes
When creating new users by Active Directory Users & Computers it seems to be normal operation. When trying to connect from Outlook to the mailbox I get message as though there is not such a mailbox in the Exchange. After checking the mailbox store DB, I realized that no mailboxes really created, even though Active Directory shows everything normal! I restarted my server and still the problem is there! No mailboxes are created even the Administrator. BTW, this a fresh installation of one 2003 Domain and one exchange 2003. Please help. Regards On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 11:09:35 +0300, &q...

XP Clients Dont Reflect Changes in Exchange
Hi all We have: Win2003 server, Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook clients 2000, 2002 and 2003. The 2003 clients run on XP Pro with the 2000 clients on NT/98. Having changed the email address for a contact via Active Directory, the XP clients haven't registered the change. They still report the old email address whereas the NT and 98 clients show the new one. I understand that some changes take time to propagate, but this is ridiculous! Anyone assist please? TIA Phil "TheScullster" <phil-at-dropthespam.com> wrote in news:_L-cnVo6spnURIjfSa8jmw@karoo.co.uk: > Hi...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Manager Problems
We are a single Windows 2000 AD and are currently running a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. Our Private store is approximately 110GB and we want to implement a recipient policy for users Sent and Deleted Items. Scenario #1: 1. Create baseline recipient policy (Report Only) called Retention #1 2. Policy filter is limited to all users on this server. 2a.(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(homeMDB=CN=Mailbox Store (servername),CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=servername,CN=Servers,CN=MyGroup,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=domain...

Can't install Daylight Savings Time Update
I can't get the Outlook DST update to work. Everytime I try it, I get a message saying "The operation failed." I tried installing the Windows Installer 3.1, but that didn't work. I now have a Daylight Savings Time mess - Outlook 2003 won't update, and my Axim (Windows Mobile 5) updated, but has all appointments in the affected time frame one hour earlier than they should be. I would really appreciate any help! ...

Exchange 2003 SP2 , IMF & Whitelists
Does anyone who has been testing Exchange 2003 SP2 with IMF know if it includes a feature for Whitelists (email addresses & domains) natively? IMF in SP1 does not. Thank you in advance. Hi, having installed the CTP of Sp2, there doesn't seem to be a whitelist available. You can however create your own XML file, that will increase or decrease the SCL if a word or phrase is listed in the body &/or subject of the mail... Ilse <asoroudi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127777027.821421.246180@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone who has been testing Exchan...

Copying calendar in exchange server
We just updated our network to include exchange server in conjunction with Outlook 2003. Is there a way to copy our entire personal calendar to the public calendar set up on the exchange server? Thanks in advance for the help. switch to a table view - group by works well - and select and drag the items to the public calendar. You'll need copies left in the local calendar if you want to receive reminders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engi...

Two After Update Events to calcalate?
I have these two 'AfterUpdate' events to calculate Emp_Prod_Alloc1. They work fine separately (i.e., one or the other in the program) but shouldn't they also work simultaneously - i.e., shouldn't I be able to have them both in the program so either one will update the Emp_Prod_Alloc1 percentage. Private Sub EMP_ANNUAL_HOURS_AfterUpdate() Emp_Prod_Alloc1 = Emp_Prod_hrs1 / EMP_ANNUAL_HOURS End Sub Private Sub Prod1_Hrs_AfterUpdate() Emp_Prod_Alloc1 = Prod1_Hrs / EMP_ANNUAL_HOURS End Sub Steve - Yes, you can have multiple procedures updating the same dat...

Exchange 2000 Recovery Server
Hello, We need to create a recovery server for Exchange 2000. The production Exchange server is a member server. I know that we need to create another Win 2K AD, to limit the amount of hardware used can this recovery server also be installed on the domain controller or will they need to be on seperate servers to match the production enviornment? Thanks You can absolutely put you recovery server and DC all on the same server (just make sure it is in its own AD forest and own Exchange org). "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DE2E823-62FC-440C...

Moving Exchange 2003 to another Exchange 2003 box
I currently have an Exchange 2003 install that houses maybe 20 mailboxes. I want to move them to a new server that also has an Exchange 2003 install. I will be bringing the new server online with a different name and IP address but they will both be apart of the same domain. If I want to move the mailboxes from my orginal Exchange box to a new server, do I just need to move the mailboxes from within the ESM, then allow the users to login (so that their Outlook is updated automatically) then disable the exchange services from the original server? The only step left will be to update t...

Exchange 2000 Public Folders NOT Replicating to Exchnge 2003
I have seen many others experiencing this same problem and no one seems to have a solution. Basically, like everyone else, I placed a new Ex 2003 server into a native Ex 2000 environment. I want to replicate the public folders from 2000 to 2003 and decommission 2000. However, no matter what I try, the folders refuse to replicate. Turning up diagnostic logging doesn't reveal anything helpful; I have it set to max logging for all. When you check the folders, they say in-sync. I've looked at Q812294, Q316760, Q286356 all the others and tried everything I have been able to find. I&#...

Canadian Mutual Fund Price Updates
Are there any other Canadians out there who try to use Money 2004 to track their Mutual Funds? Are your prices always dated one day earlier than they should be? Do you have funds that don't update regularly? For me these are typically my MacKenzie funds. ...

Auto Stock Quote Updates
Does anyone know if there is a third-party tool, or maybe Excel 2007 has this feature natively, that would allow me to retrieve the latest stock quotes for a dozen stocks each time the spreadsheet was opened? I haven't been able to find a charting service that has the kind of charts I want, so I will be creating them in Excel from daily quotes. Would like to avoid keyentering daily closing stock prices, if possible. Thanks, Tom goto xltraders-subscribe@yahoogroups.com and look in the files section. There are several free files. I have a couple of free file...

Exchange Server Not Available Issue
I have been having trouble recently with Outlook 2002 running on XP Home Edition. Until last weeks blackout in NYC, I was able to connect to my exchange server for my email. Since then, every time I try to connect, I get the message "Your Microsoft Exchange Servier is Not Available". However, if I connect to the exchange server through the internet via the IP address, the server is online and I can get to my mail. Nothing has changed on my machine and the group that supports my exchange server says everything looks ok from there. Others are able to connect to the serve...

Problem with (1) Office database & (2) Updates installation failures
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I have two problems that may be related (or not): (1) When I open Word or Excel it takes a very long time and then I get this: "There is a problem with the Office database. Office might be unable to access the database or the database file might be damaged. Without the database, you might be unable to use the Address Book, Scrapbook, and other features that store your personal information." It goes on to explain how to "rebuild the database". I did this properly though without success. (I only w...

Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2003 issue
I am running Exchange Server 2000 for internal email and my web hosting company provides my POP3 for external. If I try to send to both any internal and external address at the same time I get a delivery failure on one of them. Everything worked great until we added this new pc with Outlook 2003. I am also getting this error on the server Application Log 2 errors every 5 min. " Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO The file must be present at the location <>.(). Group Policy processing aborted." I do not know if this is related or not. Please help. ...

When to use .Edit & .Update
I am trying to update a field on a form. My old code: Me.ProjectNameShort = Trim(Me.ProjectNameShort) worked in ACC2003, but threw edit, update ... error when used after going to ACC2007. So I am trying to use a .edit and .update method. This is what I have so far, but this updates the first record, not the one that is on the form. Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Dim db As Database Dim rs As Recordset Set db = CurrentDb Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tbl_Projects") 'Add date/time stamp for DateUpdated With rs .Edit !DateUpdated...

Microsoft Update browser detection error
I go through once a month and touch workstations used by volunteers. I manually install Windows updates and other updates and a general operation check. Upon inspection this month, one workstation I launched MU and a window came up stating that MU only works with IE5 or later. This workstation had IE7 installed. I thought the easiest and quickest fix would be to update to IE8, which I did. But manually launching MU after gave me the same display page, that IE5 or later must be used. So when the WU shield came up, I downloaded and installed the updates that way, but I'm...