Exchange database folder

Hi!
I have just installed Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 server and all files
(database, mailboxes....) are installed on drive "c:".

How could move all on drive "e:" ?

Thanks
Antonio Grasso

Hi
Open ESM, navigate to the server -> Mailbox Store -> Properties ->
-> Database TAB

Click "Brows" for Exchange Database file and brows to the new location
Do the same fore the Exchange streaming file
Click Apply, after move process finished you notify for it

It is highly recommended that you move the Transaction Log to another
location then
The operation system
To do so open ESM, Navigate to server -> Storage Group -> Properties

Change the location of the Transaction log Location and System Path Location
by browsing

Regards,
Shai Netanel

If my answer help you please click "YES"

"Rod" wrote:

> Hi!
> I have just installed Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 server and all files
> (database, mailboxes....) are installed on drive "c:".
>
> How could move all on drive "e:" ?
>

> Thanks
> Antonio Grasso

Thanks.
It seems ok.

"Shai Netanel" <ShaiNetanel@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi
> Open ESM, navigate to the server -> Mailbox Store -> Properties ->
> -> Database TAB
>
> Click "Brows" for Exchange Database file and brows to the new location
> Do the same fore the Exchange streaming file
> Click Apply, after move process finished you notify for it
>
> It is highly recommended that you move the Transaction Log to another
> location then
> The operation system
> To do so open ESM, Navigate to server -> Storage Group -> Properties
>
> Change the location of the Transaction log Location and System Path
> Location
> by browsing
>

> Regards,
> Shai Netanel
>
> If my answer help you please click "YES"
>

> "Rod" wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>> I have just installed Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 server and all files
>> (database, mailboxes....) are installed on drive "c:".
>>
>> How could move all on drive "e:" ?
>>

>> Thanks
>> Antonio Grasso

Exchange auto-accept doesn't install on our Exchange 2003 cluster server
Hi, can anyone please help me out on this problem. I've trawled through the newsgroups and have found similar incidences, but the resolution for them does not seem to apply to us. We are trying to install the Exchange 2003 auto accept agent onto our Exchange 2003 cluster server, and failing miserably, on both the active and passive nodes. + Upon trying to install, the following message appears: --------------------------- Microsoft Auto Accept Agent Installation Wizard There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. C...

IMF for Exchange 2003 #2
I would like to install and configure IMF for Exchange 2003. Can anyone tell me what resorces it uses (eg. how much extra memory is required)? Any server properly configured for SBS will be more than adequate to handle IMF. IMF does not add any perceivable increase in processor utilization or memory requirements. OTOH, my experience is that IMF alone is not enough to handle the full influx of spam. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Microsoft-Exchange-Intelligent-Message-Filter.html http://msd2d.com/tips/EXIMFmyths.htm -- Kevin Weilbacher [SBS-MVP] "The days pass by so quickly...

Microsoft Database Access drivers (*.mdb) & XP x64
When installing a new application it gave an explicit error message (system error 126) saying that Microsoft Access drivers failed to load. The application opened anyway but the functionality related to those drivers did not work. I searched the drive for *.mdb files and found that apart from two Windows IAS (which I don't use anyway) drivers, all the other .mdb files related to functionality which fails in another of my applications. What is it about .mdb files in my installation of Win XP x64? As this box is not connected to the internet it is not running any of the us...

Unhidding Cookies Folder
An a Vista Basic system is the following folder hidden by default? C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies I've been trying to change the hidden attribute but can't. When I right click the folder the Hidden tick is disabled. I've tried to change it from a command prompt as administrator and that didn't work. What the heck is so special about the cookies folder??? As one example that has nothing really to do with the cookies attribute, when I log in as non-administrator I'm able to make changes to the damn registry... delete entries, edit ent...

Some "Exchange Tasks" missing. #2
I have recently installed Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition on our Windows 2000 Server SP4 and encountered no problems during the installation. I have made no signifigant alterations to the setup since the installation. In the "Exchange Tasks..." wizard in the AD Users and computers snap-in, the only task that appears for users is the "Remove Exchange Attributes". Furthermore, there are no Exchange-related tabs on the properities page of each AD user. This means I have not been able to create any mailboxes yet. I have installed and reinstalled the Exchange S...

Exchange Features tab in Exchange 2003 set to disabled by default
I am wanting , when creating a new AD mail enabled user , to have all features under 'Exchange Features' tab to be disabled by default rather than being enabled e.g. POP3,OWA I've seen the question being asked before - but not got a definate solution - please some one out there must know the answer Have tried creating a user, disabling the features that you want and then copying that user when you create a new account? Nue "milburn9" <kev@rotherham.gov.uk> wrote in message news:1140515787.327366.98670@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am wanting , when cre...

problem in folder option
dear sir/medem please help me,on the matter of windows troubleshooting.. sir my folder option is hide from my operating system ,pls tell me how can i repair it by any mothed or using third party tools thanks $ regards RIGHT CLICK ON YOUR FOLDER. A DIALOG BOX OR WINDOW WILL OPEN. GO DOWN TO PROPERTIES AND CLICK ON IT. ANOTHER DIALOG BOX WILL OPEN AND AT THIS TIME CHANGE THE SETTINGS IN THIS WINDOW. "sunil" <sunil100ni100@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uJHa3YCZKHA.2172@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > dear sir/med...

Clustered Exchange 2000 Environment 09-22-03
Has anyone tried to install the MS CRM Exchange Email Router in a clustered Exchange 2000 Environment? It is not supported in MS CRM ver 1.0 (see TechKnowledge doc ID 29818), and today Microsoft told me this feature will not be included in MS CRM ver 1.2, but the MBS support engineers say it may or may not work (hasn't been tested). Has anyone tried and received successful results routing CRM email messages in Exchange clustering? \Tim Becker ...

When moving one (or more) messages from one folder to another, outlook instead brings them into a new e-mail as attachments
This is outlook 2000 running on a win-98 system. This doesn't happen all the time, but when it does happen it will keep happening for the rest of the session. When I highlight one (or more) messages and select "move" and then specify a target folder, what will happen is instead of moving the messages, outlook will open a new message composition window and throw all the selected messages into the new message as attachments. Anyone ever seen this before? Solution? KB? ...

unable to expand folders
Hello, here is my situation : I have a client who was connecting to Exchange running on SBS 2003 with Outlook 2003. He installed Office 2002 Professonal over Office 2003 (including overwriting Outlook 2003...he just wanted to get MS Access and only had a 2002 cd). He has been unable to connect to the exchange server since. I suggested, and he did uninstall Office 2002, and reinstalled Office 2003, to no effect. I have recreated his Outlook profile, and get an 'underlined', resolved name for the Exchange server componenet of the profile. When He tries to expand his Mailbox-John Smi...

Exchange 2003/Contact Question...
...when I update or change an e-mail address for a contact in Exchange Server 2003, it does not show up on client computers for quite awhile. It seems like there is some sort of "auto update" that only happens every few hours or something like that. Does anyone know anything about this? Is there a way I can force it to update immediately? Any help will be greatfully appreciated, David "David" <David@home.net> wrote: >..when I update or change an e-mail address for a contact in Exchange Server >2003, it does not show up on client computers for quite awhi...

How to purge a public folder
I have a Public folder that it is being used as a mail archive. How can I purge all contents of this folder? There are thousands of items in this folder and a manual delete of the items is out of the question. I am running Exchange 2003 Thanks in advance. On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 07:03:01 -0700, Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Public folder that it is being used as a mail archive. How can I >purge all contents of this folder? There are thousands of items in this >folder and a manual delete of the items is out of the question. I am running >Exchange...

Public Folder Replication Problem #3
I setup Exchange 2003 in lab with 2 different routing groups and 2 separate admin groups. Admin group A has 2 servers, one of which is a 2 node cluster. Admin group A contains both routing groups. Admin group B has 2 servers. (moved the routing group to A) Admin Group A contains the defaul Public Folders tree. All servers Public Folder store belongs to this. When I create a new public public folder on this tree selecting using any server and select replication partners it does not replicate to them. Nor does the folder hierarchy get updated on any server. It also does not replicate wit...

Has anyone tried AVG for Exchange?
I've downloaded and installed the trial version on a test server and all that went well. And it seems to find eicar in an e-mail... Anyone have any experience with it and Exchange 2003? "Jerry Hoffmeister" <jerry@hoffmeisters.com> wrote in news:uey1JaS9DHA.2832@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > I've downloaded and installed the trial version on a test server and > all that went well. And it seems to find eicar in an e-mail... > Anyone have any experience with it and Exchange 2003? I haven't heard anything about it. If you do further testing please share th...

Mail not kept on Exchange Server
I use outlook 2003on a laptop and connect to a 2003 SBS server running Exchange. I connect to the server from my laptop with the SBS remote connection software. I just loaded the connection software on my home PC, connected to the server and opened outlook 2000. I configured outlook for exchange and hit the send/receive button. All the mail came down fine, but now there is no mail on the 2003 server and when new mail comes in it shows on both outlook 2003(laptop)and 2000(home pc), but the mail is removed from the 2003 laptop and 2003 server and is only on my home PC running outlo...

Copy news message from OE to storage folder in Outlook 2003, or
Is there anyway to copy a news message that I find and want to save in a newsgroup to a specific folder in Outlook 2003? Or, is there a way to share or synch folders between OE /newsonly and Outlook? ...

Sent items not in sent items folder after sending mail
I have this strange problem. I have a user that sends new mail but it does not appear in the sent items folder aferwards. I checked settings under Tools, Options and could not find anything. Also I cannot find any rules set up that would delete these mails. any help is appreciated. Thanks, Eugene In Outlook Tools\Options\Preferences\E-mail options\Save copies ... Eugene wrote: > I have this strange problem. I have a user that sends new > mail but it does not appear in the sent items folder > aferwards. > > I checked settings under Tools, Options and could not find >...

Exchange 5.5 server ran out of space and reached the 16 GB limit...! please help...!m
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone out here would have an Idea in how to resolve the following issue. Our mail server (NT 4.0 running Exchange 5.5 SP4) ran out of space today, and it reached the 16 GB limit. The MEIMC and MEIS services were automatically stopped. I tried to archive some mail boxes since we do not have a second mail server to move some mailboxes over. But, these two services keep on being shutdown. Our company is without e-mail right now and we are really desperate to resolve this issue. I would really appreciate any advise or suggestions on resolving this issue. Thank...

Using Office 2007, we use exchange for our internal mail and a POP
Using Office 2007, we use exchange for our internal mail and a POP3 address for our outgoing mail. My boss sends an email to an outside person using the POP3 and then wants to cc someone internal using the Exchange account in the same email. So far, when he does this, it sends him an undeliverable message back for the Exchange (or vice versa). How can we change the settings to do this automatically? ...

Changing the location of MY MUSIC folder
Because of a problem with my C drive, I need to change the default drive of Windows Media Player - which is C. How do I do that so I can move my music to the new drive - or at least force WMP to look for the music in my new drive. -- Claudia What version of Windows are you running? If it's Windows XP, you can use Tweak UI to change the location of the Music folder. This tool can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx Launch Tweak UI and navigate to My Computer - Special Folders. Select My Music and click Change Location...

Public folder error #2
I have Exchange 2003 Standard on a Windows 2003 Server machine. When I go to access the Public Folder I get the following error:The operation failed due to an invalid format in the HTTP request. Verify that the host header is correct for the virtual server. ID no:cl030af0 Exchange System Manager Does anyone know the fix for that? Thank you I am having the same problem. When I go to IIS public there is nothing. Hope someone has a clue. Exchange 2003|SP1 Windows 2003|SP2, upgraded from Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000 that had been migrated from 5.5 Exchange server. I have recently i...

Folder & File Name Fonts
I don't know if this is anything important, but I thought I would ask. About two weeks ago the font color of the file and folder names changed from black to blue. This did not happen on all files and folders, it seems to be random, but it happened to more than a few. Is this something I need to worry about? Any help will be greatly appreciated. WOLLAM No, it just means the files and folder are compressed, if encrypted they will be shown in green. WOLLAM wrote: > I don't know if this is anything important, but I thought I would ask. > > About two wee...

exchange 2003 over https
Goedemorgen allemaal... Jaa ik heb er weer eentje hoor.... Voor het uitwisselen van email agenda's etc uit exchange naar een iPhone heb ik https (443) nodig. Installeren van de certificate services om de beveiliging goed in te stellen krijg ik de melding: --- An error was detected while configuring Certificate Services. The certificate Services Setup Wizzard wil need to be rerun to complete the configuration. Certificate Services setup failes with the following error: Windows cannot find the networkpoath. Verify that the networkpath is correct and the destination com...

my own test database
is there an easy way to create my own test database for crm 3.0? I have installed adventure works database, but it would be nice if I can setup a test database that would reflect our products rather than a bicycle shop. ...

Public Folders and Hosted Exchange #2
I am setting up a Hosted Exchange enviornment with Win2k3 Svr and Exchange 2k3. I followed all the steps in kb318635, but want to know if there's a way to restrict access to a Public Folder to certain Organizational Unit's? If not, what is the best way to set up public folders in a hosted exchange enviornment. Basically, so each company I host has their own seperate public folder tree. Thanks...Tim ...