Exchange Crash -- all we have is the ispriv.edb file

Hello all --

A client of mine never did any exchange 2003 backups, but did copy over the
ispriv.edb file over to an external USB harddrive.  All we want to do is pull
the email out of that directory (8GB file) and put it into .pst files.  Then,
Ill reinstall Exchange, and open each person's mail box and copy the contents
of each .PST file back to the server.

My question is:  If I only have the ISPRIV.EDB file, how do I get mail out
of it ?  Is there some super cool easy to use tool for this?  ;-)

Any help appreciated!!

Sincerely,
Blake
0
Blake (32)

http://wm.quest.com/products/recoverymanagerexchange/

"Blake" <Blake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all --
>
> A client of mine never did any exchange 2003 backups, but did copy over
> the
> ispriv.edb file over to an external USB harddrive.  All we want to do is
> pull
> the email out of that directory (8GB file) and put it into .pst files.
> Then,
> Ill reinstall Exchange, and open each person's mail box and copy the
> contents
> of each .PST file back to the server.
>
> My question is:  If I only have the ISPRIV.EDB file, how do I get mail out
> of it ?  Is there some super cool easy to use tool for this?  ;-)
>
> Any help appreciated!!
>
> Sincerely,
> Blake

0
tfelts1 (344)
4/4/2005 4:58:47 PM
Thanks Tom --

I was actually hoping for a free tool from MS.  How would one manually
restore the priv.edb file and export the email into .pst's?

Thanks!

"Tom Felts" wrote:

> http://wm.quest.com/products/recoverymanagerexchange/
>

> "Blake" <Blake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all --
> >
> > A client of mine never did any exchange 2003 backups, but did copy over
> > the
> > ispriv.edb file over to an external USB harddrive.  All we want to do is
> > pull
> > the email out of that directory (8GB file) and put it into .pst files.
> > Then,
> > Ill reinstall Exchange, and open each person's mail box and copy the
> > contents
> > of each .PST file back to the server.
> >
> > My question is:  If I only have the ISPRIV.EDB file, how do I get mail out
> > of it ?  Is there some super cool easy to use tool for this?  ;-)
> >
> > Any help appreciated!!
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Blake

0
Blake (32)
4/4/2005 6:05:06 PM
With just the edb on Exchange 200x, with no .stm, you might as well just go
ahead and delete the .edb. The .edb and .stm MUST be kept together.

> Thanks Tom --
>
> I was actually hoping for a free tool from MS.  How would one manually
> restore the priv.edb file and export the email into .pst's?
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Tom Felts" wrote:
>
>> http://wm.quest.com/products/recoverymanagerexchange/
>>

>> "Blake" <Blake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello all --
>> >
>> > A client of mine never did any exchange 2003 backups, but did copy over
>> > the
>> > ispriv.edb file over to an external USB harddrive.  All we want to do
>> > is
>> > pull
>> > the email out of that directory (8GB file) and put it into .pst files.
>> > Then,
>> > Ill reinstall Exchange, and open each person's mail box and copy the
>> > contents
>> > of each .PST file back to the server.
>> >
>> > My question is:  If I only have the ISPRIV.EDB file, how do I get mail
>> > out
>> > of it ?  Is there some super cool easy to use tool for this?  ;-)
>> >
>> > Any help appreciated!!
>> >
>> > Sincerely,
>> > Blake

0
ewoodrick (190)
4/6/2005 2:48:58 PM
Ed-

I have the whole MDBDATA folder (inc. the .STM)

"Ed Woodrick" wrote:

> With just the edb on Exchange 200x, with no .stm, you might as well just go
> ahead and delete the .edb. The .edb and .stm MUST be kept together.
>

> "Blake" <Blake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Tom --
> >
> > I was actually hoping for a free tool from MS.  How would one manually
> > restore the priv.edb file and export the email into .pst's?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > "Tom Felts" wrote:
> >
> >> http://wm.quest.com/products/recoverymanagerexchange/
> >>

> >> "Blake" <Blake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Blake (32)
4/6/2005 6:27:03 PM
In that case, just follow the instructions in the Exchange Disaster Recovery
Guide for recovering the server. A lot easier than trying to suck stuff out
of the file.

> Ed-
>
> I have the whole MDBDATA folder (inc. the .STM)
>
> "Ed Woodrick" wrote:
>
>> With just the edb on Exchange 200x, with no .stm, you might as well just
>> go
>> ahead and delete the .edb. The .edb and .stm MUST be kept together.
>>

>> "Blake" <Blake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks Tom --
>> >
>> > I was actually hoping for a free tool from MS.  How would one manually
>> > restore the priv.edb file and export the email into .pst's?
>> >
>> > Thanks!

0
ewoodrick (190)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

vs2005 ide crash
Hi all, my machine is windows xp professional edition with visual studio 2005. my ide crashes when i try to add additional include directories or addition library directories. this is reproducible. create a project go the project properties. select c/c++; select general select the option additional include directories. if you click on the browse button (...) then you get a dialog box where you can add a line, or edit or delete a line. click add a line button. then click on the browse button, where you can choose the new include directories by another dialog box. select any folder and when ...

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Outlook receiving zip files

unable to read file #7

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Moving Exchange #5

Backing Up Exchange Database

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Publisher can not save file

Troubleshooting Exchange
I'm just wanting to write some 'proof of concept' scripts relating to Exchange that would help in troubleshooting any issues. Like the Exchange connections/second, etc. Are there any other qualitative data that can be used in general troubleshooting? Marco ...

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files