Exchange Calendar integration with WSS, 2 new ideas, need feedback

I have posted in the past for help with resolving the following scenario:

Windows 2003 WSS
WIndows 2003 w/ Exchange 2003
Windows XP SP2 clients
Office 2003 sp1

http://intranet is the top level site, with each department having their own
subsite http://intranet/<dept>.  Each department site has an events
calendar.  Each department has a designated user responsible for the
calendar.  Using Side-by-side calendaring a user CAN drag from the
Sharepoint calendar onto their personal calendar.  HOWEVER, users CAN NOT
create an event in Outlook and Drag to the sharepoint calendar.

Because this is not a supported feature, many of the users create the event
on Sharepoint and then drag the event to their calendar, then invite the
necessary attendees.  This is cumbersome, but works.

I found the webparts that display Outlook information.  However, the parts i
have only display the individual users' information in Sharepoint.

Q.  Is there a webpart that displays calendar information from a public
folder?

I was hoping to rid myself of public folders with Sharepoint.  However, it
has become a priority to get the calendar integration.  I've used public
folders in the past for Office Calendars.  My thoughts are if there is a
webpart that displays the calendar of a public folder than it could be
viewed on the dept sharepoint site, it could be viewed using side-by-side
calendars, and drag-n-drop between would be supported.

My second concept is similar, but involves programming that i have no
background in.

I know that there is a way to create an .aspx page from OWA.  Additionally,
i know you could create an asp page that would explicitly show one element
of OWA (let's say the calendar).  That being the case.

Could an asp page be created that viewed a specific calendar in a public
folder?
Once that page was created, could sharepoint display that page using the
page viewer webpart?

Has anyone done anything similar?

</Jeff>

0
jkoviack (1)

New to excel

Attaching Contacts to new email

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

More Columns #2

New Implementation

Linking files 2 ways

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Goal Seek #2

New Record

I need a macro

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Integrations
Dear All, Has anyone integrated CRM with Rightfax and/or Cisco IP Telephony ...

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2

Access to User Calendar

Viewing group calendars in CRM