Exchange and POP email in same profile

Gurus,

Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP address
exist in the same profile? I ask because, while setting up a new account on a
new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the Exchange mail delivered
to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server), and at the same time modify the
POP account to have its mail delivered to the .pst on the local machine. The
dialog box only wants the mail delivered to one location, for ALL accounts.
Do I have to use two different profiles in this case? Using Outlook 2003 with
Exchange 2003.

Thanks!
0
Holo20 (45)

Yes its possible to have POP and Exchange accounts but as you found Outlook
wants a single delivery location. Is there any reason why you don't want a
single delivery location? You could setup a rule to sort inbound email.

Nue
"Holo20" <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Gurus,
>
> Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP address
> exist in the same profile? I ask because, while setting up a new account
> on a
> new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the Exchange mail
> delivered
> to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server), and at the same time modify
> the
> POP account to have its mail delivered to the .pst on the local machine.
> The
> dialog box only wants the mail delivered to one location, for ALL
> accounts.
> Do I have to use two different profiles in this case? Using Outlook 2003
> with
> Exchange 2003.
>
> Thanks!

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/14/2006 7:08:07 PM

In news:4D4A34F8-8E7C-4D2B-B577-C47B7C51C0E3@microsoft.com,
Holo20 <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Gurus,
>
> Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP
> address exist in the same profile?

Possible? Yes.
Supported? Yes, in Outlook 2002/2003 and onwards.
Recommended? No.

> I ask because, while setting up a
> new account on a new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the
> Exchange mail delivered to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server),
> and at the same time modify the POP account to have its mail
> delivered to the .pst on the local machine.

That's correct.

> The dialog box only wants
> the mail delivered to one location, for ALL accounts.

Yep. That's the way it works - it's per profile. The only other option would
be to use rules to deliver mail sent to the POP account, to a folder in the
PST file.  But that's a bit clunky.
> Do I have to
> use two different profiles in this case?

Yes - and even if you did want everything delivered to the mailbox, I don't
like mixing account types in Outlook.

> Using Outlook 2003 with
> Exchange 2003.
>
> Thanks!

HTH.

0
lanwench (7567)
3/14/2006 7:11:51 PM
Thank you for your reply.

In this case, it is my boss' computer; he has his Exchange address
(business), and then a POP address, his personal one. He does not want all
his personal mail that comes into Outlook through the POP address, in turn
saved on the Exchange server (our organization has Journaling enabled), which
is what is happening now because the attribute is set to deliver mail to
'Mailbox - Boss Man'. I've only just realized today that it seems there is no
way to have the mail in one profile delivered to two different locations.

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Yes its possible to have POP and Exchange accounts but as you found Outlook
> wants a single delivery location. Is there any reason why you don't want a
> single delivery location? You could setup a rule to sort inbound email.
>
> Nue
> "Holo20" <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Gurus,
> >
> > Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP address
> > exist in the same profile? I ask because, while setting up a new account
> > on a
> > new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the Exchange mail
> > delivered
> > to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server), and at the same time modify
> > the
> > POP account to have its mail delivered to the .pst on the local machine.
> > The
> > dialog box only wants the mail delivered to one location, for ALL
> > accounts.
> > Do I have to use two different profiles in this case? Using Outlook 2003
> > with
> > Exchange 2003.
> >
> > Thanks!

0
Holo20 (45)
3/14/2006 7:32:31 PM
It helps a lot. Thanks!!

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> In news:4D4A34F8-8E7C-4D2B-B577-C47B7C51C0E3@microsoft.com,
> Holo20 <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> > Gurus,
> >
> > Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP
> > address exist in the same profile?
>
> Possible? Yes.
> Supported? Yes, in Outlook 2002/2003 and onwards.
> Recommended? No.
>
> > I ask because, while setting up a
> > new account on a new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the
> > Exchange mail delivered to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server),
> > and at the same time modify the POP account to have its mail
> > delivered to the .pst on the local machine.
>
> That's correct.
>
> > The dialog box only wants
> > the mail delivered to one location, for ALL accounts.
>
> Yep. That's the way it works - it's per profile. The only other option would
> be to use rules to deliver mail sent to the POP account, to a folder in the
> PST file.  But that's a bit clunky.
> > Do I have to
> > use two different profiles in this case?
>
> Yes - and even if you did want everything delivered to the mailbox, I don't
> like mixing account types in Outlook.
>
> > Using Outlook 2003 with
> > Exchange 2003.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> HTH.

0
Holo20 (45)
3/14/2006 8:07:30 PM
I recommend you configure your boss to use Outlook Express for his personal
mail.  He'll be a lot less confused that way too.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> It helps a lot. Thanks!!
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>

>> In news:4D4A34F8-8E7C-4D2B-B577-C47B7C51C0E3@microsoft.com,
>> Holo20 <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>> > Gurus,
>> >
>> > Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP
>> > address exist in the same profile?
>>
>> Possible? Yes.
>> Supported? Yes, in Outlook 2002/2003 and onwards.
>> Recommended? No.
>>
>> > I ask because, while setting up a
>> > new account on a new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the
>> > Exchange mail delivered to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server),
>> > and at the same time modify the POP account to have its mail
>> > delivered to the .pst on the local machine.
>>
>> That's correct.
>>
>> > The dialog box only wants
>> > the mail delivered to one location, for ALL accounts.
>>
>> Yep. That's the way it works - it's per profile. The only other option
>> would
>> be to use rules to deliver mail sent to the POP account, to a folder in
>> the
>> PST file.  But that's a bit clunky.
>> > Do I have to
>> > use two different profiles in this case?
>>
>> Yes - and even if you did want everything delivered to the mailbox, I
>> don't
>> like mixing account types in Outlook.
>>
>> > Using Outlook 2003 with
>> > Exchange 2003.
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>>
>> HTH.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
3/14/2006 9:12:33 PM
Set him up with two profiles. One for his Exchange and one for his POP3.
Have Outlook prompt him which profile he wishes to access.

"Holo20" <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Gurus,
>
> Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP address
> exist in the same profile? I ask because, while setting up a new account
> on a
> new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the Exchange mail
> delivered
> to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server), and at the same time modify
> the
> POP account to have its mail delivered to the .pst on the local machine.
> The
> dialog box only wants the mail delivered to one location, for ALL
> accounts.
> Do I have to use two different profiles in this case? Using Outlook 2003
> with
> Exchange 2003.
>
> Thanks!

0
allen.miyake (137)

Migrating exchange mailboxes
HI All, I need to transfer exchange 2000 from one server to another on the same network. As I have about 50 users on the server, which is the best/fastest method to achieve this? thanks and regards GB If corporate mode Outlook users and you have some time to wait before sunsetting the original server, then move mailbox from the Exchange task wizard would be my choice. "GB" <gianni@compulogics.com.au> wrote in message news:%23wgAlZ8kEHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > HI All, > > I need to transfer exchange 2000 from one server to another on the same > ne...

Exchange Failover Options
I am trying to find the best method to create a active/passive senario like with clustering, except not using clustering. I have two Exchange servers in two Active Directory sites, one that is our active server and one that is a disaster recovery server (passive). Does anyone know of a good way to provide failover support so that if the primary were to fail, the secondary could be activated and have the current email information? Thanks Try Double Take. "EGrub" wrote: > I am trying to find the best method to create a active/passive senario like > with clustering, exc...

EXCHANGE 2003 and VISA Ultimate
I am having an issue running Exchange connected to a VISTA machine and wondering if anyone can guide me on this. I have three servers in my network, one running the server files and SQL, one running Exchange and one running backups. All are 2003 Enterprise. My desktop is running VISTA Ultimate, and to date have had no issues that could to be handled. Today, however, while I am still receiving email I cannot send anything through OUTLOOK 2007 with getting a message saying that I am not authorized to send mail. This has been working fine to date, so a little confused as to what is happen...

Create an automatic profile?????
How can I create an automatic user profile for outlook xp=20 to access exchange 5.5 mailbox??? I know that there is a=20 command line that create the user profile automatically. []s Cleiton Silva S=E3o Paulo/Brazil "Cleiton Silva" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8bd701c3e98a$7ba8e210$a601280a@phx.gbl... How can I create an automatic user profile for outlook xp to access exchange 5.5 mailbox??? I know that there is a command line that create the user profile automatically. []s Cleiton Silva S�o Paulo/Brazil Try Outlook Profiler http://goff....

Exchange & SMTP Logs
Hello, I am fairly new at Exchange 2003, I have a strong un*x background and have been using sendmail for quite sometime. I was wondering about log files with exchange. I have enabled SMTP logging which shows SMTP connections, where do I find the log that shows why an email has been rejected? Thanks! Chris c:\windows\system32\logfiles\ -- Thanks, Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP www.briandesmond.com "Chris Edwards" <chris@buythetruck.com> wrote in message news:Oh$LtTsSGHA.2088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I am fairly new at Exchange 2003, I ha...

moving Exchange 2003 mailboxes from multiple domains to one new do
My compnay has Exchange servers in three different domains. We have built a new domain and want to move all mailboxes into one exchange server in the new domain. We have let mailbox size get out of hand and some users have 2GB mailbox size. exporting old mailbox data to PST and importing into new exchange server is possible but would take forever (hundreds of users). any ideas how to streamline this process? or an alternate method of attack? On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:24:06 -0700, Kemper <Kemper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My compnay has Exchange servers in three different d...

Moving public folders on Exchange 5.5 to a new server in the same site.
All, I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the public folders over to the public store on the new server? -- FastEddie Rockwell ---------------------------------- Check us out at: www.therockwells.net ----------------------------------- "Fast Eddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam.com> wrote in news:#1VO4cH$DHA.4072@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the > orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the publ...

Recovery of lost emails
Hi i just recently reformated my computer to the extent where no files were lost. my isp said that the emails recived through outlook express 6 should still be on my computer ready to be imported but i seem to having trouble finding those lost emails. my os is windows xp and i have outlook express 6 stang <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi i just recently reformated my computer to the extent > where no files were lost. my isp said that the emails > recived through outlook express 6 should still be on my > computer ready to be imported but i seem to hav...

Opening Email Program in IE8
When I try to open my email program with the envelope icon on my IE8 toolbar I get the error message: cannot perform this operation because the default email client is not properly installed. This was working fine and suddenly stopped. How can I correct? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. Also state your default Mail Client (e.g., Outlook Express; Windows Mail; Outlook; Thunderbird; Windows Live Mail; Yahoo Mail). -- ~Robear Dyer (PA...

Changing the "reply to" on emails
I have several support reps who monitor a queue for customer support requests and then reply to the customer using a CRM email activity. We want any customer reply to our email to be sent to the email address asssociated with the queue. Currently, the emails we send via the CRM use the support rep's email address for the "sent from" and "reply to" addresses. The problem is that when the customer replies to that email, the reply is sent to the support rep's outlook vs back into the support queue. The support rep could be on vacation, etc. I tried settin...

Changing Outlook from Exchange Services to IMO version
How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail Only (IMO)? I uninstalled my version of Office2000 and reinstalled it from my CD. However it doesn't give me the option to install the IMO version of Outlook. It installed the Exchange/Internet Mail automatically. Without an exchange server the checking of email is dog-slow. Thanks, Alex Moylen Hi, Alex. Alex Moylen ha scritto: > How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook > "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail ...

Unwanted Warning Pop-up message.
I am running outlook 2002. I have some code in VB Scritp that automatically sends a cc to another email address. But every time I send a message, a warning box pops up and says, "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook. Do you want to allow this? I this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose NO. " Is there any way to have my messages sent to the cc without that message popping up every time? Please let me know. Thanks. Michael msalama@chefmerito.com Questions regarding the Outlook Security prompt are asked very frequen...

Exchange 2000/2003 Routing Problems
I recently added a new Exchange 2003 server to our 1 server Exchange 2000 org. I am able to send mail from the new Exchange 2003 server to the 2000 server. But when I send to the 2003 server the mail does not go delivered. I am assuming this is a routing issue. How can I troubleshoot this? Should each server be in a seperate routing group and use a routing group connector? They are currently i n the same routing group. Thanks, Forest In case anyone has this problem my STMP connector was setup to use a smart relay. I had to check the box that said attempt local delivery before using...

PO notes to POP PO Blank Form
There is a TK, 858264, that tells how to add notes to the POP Blank form. Is there a limit to how many notes you can add this way? I have added 14, but when I add the 15th I get an illegal syntax error. Is there a limit to the number of notes I can add? thanks -- Doug Doug, I believe this is a limitation of the PO report itself. We had trouble in the past when trying to link to many tables, or place to much data in the PO report. We would get the same error you are receiving. "Doug" wrote: > There is a TK, 858264, that tells how to add notes to the POP Blank form....

Outlook 2007 Auto open email from known sender
There are a few people in my contact list with whom I need to keep in constant contact. A nice feature would be, for those individuals I trust, to automatically open email on my desktop, or at least to make the auto-notification window persistent. Thanks, Jeff ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader a...

Trying to mail merge to email
I set up a mail merge but when I tried to finish the merge to an e-mail that icon was grayed out. Does anyone know why this would be? You need to have Entourage set as your default email program. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/12/10 1:39 PM, in article 5F41ACE6-2801-46E7-ABCD-2C5D0EE1EC86@microsoft.com, "Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up a mail merge but when I tried to finish the merge to an e-mail that > icon was grayed out. Does anyone know why this would be? Entourage is not your default email progr...

Exchange 2003 gagging on mass mailing
There have been a couple of occasions when clients have not used distribution lists or bcc and stuffed hundreds of addresses in the To: field. When they send, I've noticed my XP desktop locking and my Outlook 2003 client "not responding" for a few seconds. Exchange is relaying all external mail through a local campus server. One instance resulted in the relay server rejecting based on a header size limit, but the latest instance was a text email with no attachments send to ~ 400 recipients. I have set a 500 recipient limit on the Exchange server and contacted the users a...

Email not coming to Inbox without refreshing screen
I am required to leave Outlook open on my desktop in order for my wireless sync application to work with my PDA, but no email comes into my Inbox unless the screen is manually refreshed - any way I can change that? I have Outlook 2000 and am connected to an exchange server. Thanks for any suggestions. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815052/en-us=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, deddlem asked: | I am re...

Problem with backup of microsoft exchange information store
Having a problem with backup exec 10d backing up microsoft exchange information store. Worked yesterday, but not today. Error is as below. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Job ended: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 8:49:28 PM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied. Final error category: Security Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33928 Backup- \\NYMAIL03\Microsoft Exchange Information Store V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied. Access denied to database . Hi, You should rally check with Veritas, but here is what a ...

Is there a way to hide/restrict Recipient Containers in Exchange 5
Hi, Does anyone know if there is a way to hide or restrict Recipient Containers in Exchange 5.5? Thanks, TNA ...

Incoming emails
Hi all, we are installing MS CRM and we have problems about incoming emails. We understand that there is a way in which incoming emails of a sales representative enters directly to his workplace email folder. This is an option of the options window. We Typed CRMEmailEnabled in the Exchange Custom Attribute of exchange in the user. If the sales representative receives an email it enters to the inbox instead of the workplace email folder and we have to promote it manually. We are confused, can the sales representative receive an email directly to MS CRM?? or it is mandatory to promote it?? ...

email size is 2 or 3 times larger than original size
the original email document in publisher is 64 k before sending , after sending , the receiver of the email gets a file thats 146k in size, without using the signature in outlook, or sometimes it doubles, triples etc, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...

Two Domains
Due to a company merger we have two Active Directory forests and one Exchange 2003 server - the problem is that I can not share a mail box or contact list between users. I get an access denied if I try to share the mail box with an other user. When I try and trust the two ADs I get errors on the RPC server? The staff logon to SYSTEM A and the mail server is on SYSTEM B - both systems have the same staff IDs and LOGIN information. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9lIEI=?= <Joe B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1DC34E1C-6D90-49B2-BC06-44FDC4B2BABC@microsoft.com: > Due to a company merger...

Auto cc to spesified email address
Dear The Expert, when users send email, then it automatically cc to spesified email address.. ie. when user1@mydomain.com send email.. the copy of email also sent to BossOfUser1@mydomain.com is it possible? .. please advise If this is to monitor user email activity I find it easier to give manager of User X rights to open User X's mailbox and view what is being sent, received..... If this is for incoming messages in their exchange account you can set messages to be copied to the managers mailbox under delivery options. If anyone knows a better way I am all ears. "Wina...

Exchange Server Public Calendar & iPhone
We have an exchange server at work. I can view my personal calendars on my iPhone. Is there anyway to view the public calendar on my iPhone also? Thanks for any help! "Elizabeth Reynolds" <ElizabethReynolds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9997D826-9CAD-4A07-91C5-18889EC1FF46@microsoft.com... > We have an exchange server at work. I can view my personal calendars on my > iPhone. Is there anyway to view the public calendar on my iPhone also? Ask the question in an iPhone forum. This one deals with neither Exchange nor iPhones, on...