Exchange Admin can't open Other Users Folder

Help,

I am the Exchange admin for a small company with one Exchange 2000 server
(AD). I am trying to open users folders much like I used to with Exchange
5.5 as the System Attendant. I am currently a member of everya dmin and
exchange admin group available. And if I'm not, I can make myself a member
of any group if I have to. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you

-G
gaguilar@caresclinic.org

0
gaguilar (5)

What do you mean under "users folders"?

By default, administrators have Deny access permission set to Full mailbox
access right. Hence they cannot see users mailboxes.

Regards,
Boris

"Gerard Aguilar" <gaguilar@caresclinic.org> wrote in message
> Help,
>
> I am the Exchange admin for a small company with one Exchange 2000 server
> (AD). I am trying to open users folders much like I used to with Exchange
> 5.5 as the System Attendant. I am currently a member of everya dmin and
> exchange admin group available. And if I'm not, I can make myself a member
> of any group if I have to. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you
>
> -G
> gaguilar@caresclinic.org

0
msexpert1 (171)
11/4/2004 6:40:50 PM
Boris,

I guess what I am trying to achieve is that I have a manager who wants to
look at one of there employees "inbox" without me logging into that users
computer. When I used to administer Exchange 5.5 I would get request from
managers to view their employees inbox I would log into my PC with the
System Attendant ID and then I would open Outlook and navigate to
File|Open|Other Users Folder, choose a recipient from the GAL and let the
manager do their thing. How do I achieve the same thing in Exchange 2000?

"Boris Lokhvitsky" <msexpert@community.nospam> wrote in message
> What do you mean under "users folders"?
>
> By default, administrators have Deny access permission set to Full mailbox
> access right. Hence they cannot see users mailboxes.
>
> Regards,
> Boris
>

> "Gerard Aguilar" <gaguilar@caresclinic.org> wrote in message
> > Help,
> >
> > I am the Exchange admin for a small company with one Exchange 2000
server
> > (AD). I am trying to open users folders much like I used to with
Exchange
> > 5.5 as the System Attendant. I am currently a member of everya dmin and
> > exchange admin group available. And if I'm not, I can make myself a
member
> > of any group if I have to. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you
> >
> > -G
> > gaguilar@caresclinic.org

0
gaguilar (5)
11/4/2004 6:53:09 PM
Boris,

I guess what I am trying to achieve is that I have a manager who wants to
look at one of there employees "inbox" without me logging into that users
computer. When I used to administer Exchange 5.5 I would get request from
managers to view their employees inbox I would log into my PC with the
System Attendant ID and then I would open Outlook and navigate to
File|Open|Other Users Folder, choose a recipient from the GAL and let the
manager do their thing. How do I achieve the same thing in Exchange 2000?

"Gerard Aguilar" <gaguilar@caresclinic.org> wrote in message
> Help,
>
> I am the Exchange admin for a small company with one Exchange 2000 server
> (AD). I am trying to open users folders much like I used to with Exchange
> 5.5 as the System Attendant. I am currently a member of everya dmin and
> exchange admin group available. And if I'm not, I can make myself a member
> of any group if I have to. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you
>
> -G
> gaguilar@caresclinic.org

0
gaguilar (5)
11/4/2004 6:55:20 PM
OK, that's more clear.
There are two ways to grant user A access to user B's mailbox.
First (user B will be unaware of that) is right click user B in Active
directory - Properties - Exchange Advanced - Mailbox rights - grant Full
Mailbox Access permission to user A.
(To see Exchange Advanced tab, select View - Advanced Features in Active
Directory Users and Computers first).
Second way is to use MAPI permissions: log on as user B and open Outlook;
right click on mailbox - Properties - Permissions - Add - grant necessary
permissions to user A. Repeat the same procedure for all folders inside this
mailbox that you want User A to access.
Second way provides much more granular control, but it is not transparent
for the user B.

> Boris,
>
> I guess what I am trying to achieve is that I have a manager who wants to
> look at one of there employees "inbox" without me logging into that users
> computer. When I used to administer Exchange 5.5 I would get request from
> managers to view their employees inbox I would log into my PC with the
> System Attendant ID and then I would open Outlook and navigate to
> File|Open|Other Users Folder, choose a recipient from the GAL and let the
> manager do their thing. How do I achieve the same thing in Exchange 2000?
>
> "Boris Lokhvitsky" <msexpert@community.nospam> wrote in message
> > What do you mean under "users folders"?
> >
> > By default, administrators have Deny access permission set to Full
mailbox
> > access right. Hence they cannot see users mailboxes.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Boris
> >

> > "Gerard Aguilar" <gaguilar@caresclinic.org> wrote in message
> > > Help,
> > >
> > > I am the Exchange admin for a small company with one Exchange 2000
> server
> > > (AD). I am trying to open users folders much like I used to with
> Exchange
> > > 5.5 as the System Attendant. I am currently a member of everya dmin
and
> > > exchange admin group available. And if I'm not, I can make myself a
> member
> > > of any group if I have to. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you
> > >
> > > -G
> > > gaguilar@caresclinic.org

0
msexpert1 (171)
11/5/2004 2:02:45 AM
Boris,

Thanks a whole bunch. Exchange Mailbox Rights is exactly what I was looking
for. If you are ever in the Sacramento,Ca area shoot me an email and I'll
buy you lunch.

gaguilar@caresclinic.org

-Gerard

> OK, that's more clear.
> There are two ways to grant user A access to user B's mailbox.
> First (user B will be unaware of that) is right click user B in Active
> directory - Properties - Exchange Advanced - Mailbox rights - grant Full
> Mailbox Access permission to user A.
> (To see Exchange Advanced tab, select View - Advanced Features in Active
> Directory Users and Computers first).
> Second way is to use MAPI permissions: log on as user B and open Outlook;
> right click on mailbox - Properties - Permissions - Add - grant necessary
> permissions to user A. Repeat the same procedure for all folders inside
this
> mailbox that you want User A to access.
> Second way provides much more granular control, but it is not transparent
> for the user B.
>
> Regards,
> Boris
>
> "Gerard Aguilar" <gaguilar@caresclinic.org> wrote in message
> > Boris,
> >
> > I guess what I am trying to achieve is that I have a manager who wants
> > look at one of there employees "inbox" without me logging into that
users
> > computer. When I used to administer Exchange 5.5 I would get request
from
> > managers to view their employees inbox I would log into my PC with the
> > System Attendant ID and then I would open Outlook and navigate to
> > File|Open|Other Users Folder, choose a recipient from the GAL and let
the
> > manager do their thing. How do I achieve the same thing in Exchange
2000?

> > "Boris Lokhvitsky" <msexpert@community.nospam> wrote in message
> > > What do you mean under "users folders"?
> > >
> > > By default, administrators have Deny access permission set to Full
> mailbox
> > > access right. Hence they cannot see users mailboxes.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Boris
> > >

> > > "Gerard Aguilar" <gaguilar@caresclinic.org> wrote in message

> > server
> > Exchange
> and
> > member

0
gaguilar (5)
11/5/2004 6:03:03 PM
No problem,
Glad I could help.
I am in Bay Area myself, so Sacramento is just half way to Lake Tahoe for me
;)

> Boris,
>
> Thanks a whole bunch. Exchange Mailbox Rights is exactly what I was
looking
> for. If you are ever in the Sacramento,Ca area shoot me an email and I'll
> buy you lunch.
>
> gaguilar@caresclinic.org
>
> -Gerard
>

> "Boris Lokhvitsky" <msexpert@community.nospam> wrote in message
> > OK, that's more clear.
> > There are two ways to grant user A access to user B's mailbox.
> > First (user B will be unaware of that) is right click user B in Active
> > directory - Properties - Exchange Advanced - Mailbox rights - grant Full
> > Mailbox Access permission to user A.
> > (To see Exchange Advanced tab, select View - Advanced Features in Active
> > Directory Users and Computers first).
> > Second way is to use MAPI permissions: log on as user B and open
Outlook;
> > right click on mailbox - Properties - Permissions - Add - grant
necessary
> > permissions to user A. Repeat the same procedure for all folders inside
> this
> > mailbox that you want User A to access.
> > Second way provides much more granular control, but it is not
transparent
> > for the user B.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Boris
> >
> > "Gerard Aguilar" <gaguilar@caresclinic.org> wrote in message
> > > Boris,
> > >
> > > I guess what I am trying to achieve is that I have a manager who wants
> > > look at one of there employees "inbox" without me logging into that
> users
> > > computer. When I used to administer Exchange 5.5 I would get request
> from
> > > managers to view their employees inbox I would log into my PC with the
> > > System Attendant ID and then I would open Outlook and navigate to
> > > File|Open|Other Users Folder, choose a recipient from the GAL and let
> the
> > > manager do their thing. How do I achieve the same thing in Exchange
> 2000?
> > >
> > > "Boris Lokhvitsky" <msexpert@community.nospam> wrote in message

> > mailbox

> > > server
> > > Exchange
> > and
> > > member

0
msexpert1 (171)

forwarding in Exchange 2003 #2

Saving User Settings in Outlook...
Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to save the user settings for MS outlook 2003? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael The reason I would like to be able to save the user settings is so I'll be able to restore these settings should I need to in case I had to do a clean install of WinXP and office 2003 either on the same computer of on another newly bought computer. Thanks to all who reply, Ismael "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ueqwqfaHGHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Does anyone know how to save the user setting...

the user authentication passed to the platform is not valid 09-20-06
Anyone receive this error message in the CRM Outlook Client? "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." Thanks, Scott ...

copy of exchange 2000
I don't suppose microsoft is providing Exchange 2000 as a free download anywhere are they?? Until we can afford to move up to SBS 2008 (hopefully later this year), I want to trash our SBS 2000 (too many issues with it) and simply install a win2k server with Exchange until we can move on. We are not using any of the other SBS components any longer anyway... If anyone knows where I might be able to get this from, I would be very appreciative! Thanks, Brad Why not look at BPOS? $10 per user a month it's a great inexpensive solution. You may find you do not ne...

Deleted exchange 5.5 site not replicating over the ADC to Exchange 2000 side
We are a part of a shared Exchange 5.5 organization but our site is primarily Exchange 2000/2k3. We maintain a single 5.5 server as the rest of the Org is 5.5. The problem we are seeing is when the folks who control the Organization at the top level remove a site that is no longer used, that deletion is not carrying over the CONFIG_CA agreement to the Exchange 2000/AD side. Our Exchange 5.5 server executes the deletion with no issue. Any ideas on why this deletion is not replicating properly over the ADC and throught the SRS database? In the past we have manually removed the sites/recipie...

Sync net folder problem
I am sharing my calendar to my workmate with net folder. My PC is Win XP and Office 2000 and my workmate's is Win 98 and also Office 2000. I always find that My calender can't be updated from my workmate when I return office after I've taken my notebook for a few days. Can't net folder sync. data offline? Thx. your attention. Ken So Net Folders uses e-mail messages to send updates between computers so naturally you would have to be connected to your e-mail to get any updates. When you leave the office and are not connected you won't get any updates but as soon as ...

User Defined Required Fields
I have set several field on sub window Sales User-Defined Fields Entry of Sales Transaction Entry as "Required". If the user remembers to click User-Defined, then they become required. But if the user never clicks on User-Defined from Sales Transaction Entry, then they can still save the new document without the required fields entered. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this asside from continual user training? Your answer is VBA. You own Modifer, so you also have VBA enabled. You'll need to write VBA code to open the window (literally, push the button) then set th...

Exchange SP2 #5
I'm going to install SP2 for Exchange 2003 which is on my SBS2003. Is there anything i should know / do before I install? Thanks Damien 1. Read the Release Notes. http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/b/5/fb5c54af-fe5c-48e9-be97-f9e8207325ab/Ex_2003_SP2_RelNotes.htm 2. If you ever installed IMF v1, uninstall it. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Damien" <no@emailplease.com> wrote in message news:nS%fh.423965$E_2.65239@fe03.news.easynews.com... > I&...

cannot uninstall Exchange 2000
Just finished a migration from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2000, and I'm not able to uninstall Exchange 2000 from the old server to demote it gracefully. I realize I can manually uninstall, but I'm trying to avoid that if possible to keep it clean. The error I'm getting is: Setup encountered an error while checking prerequisites for the component "Microsoft Exchange 2000": 0x80072030 (8240): There is no such object on the server. The bottom portion of the log is: [05:51:15] Entering CCompDomainPrep::ScGetEffectiveMode [05:51:15] Leaving CCompDomainPrep::...

Exchange Stops Working
Hello. MY SETUP: 1. Primary server named STECNICIL (THIS HAS WINDOWS 2003 ENTERPRISE SERVER) 2. Secondary server name TEC-EXCHNG (THIS IS THE EXCHANGE SBS SERVER 2003) All the user connect through STECNICIL to get internet and every other service... All users connect to TEC-EXCHNG to get their email through OUTLOOK 2003. MY PROBLEM: I don't know what's going on but approximatly every 30mn to 1 hour, the connections between the clients and the EXCHANGE SERVER stops working. No more email for clients after that period of time. I have restart the server and restart the EXCH...

Auto Response with Exchange 5.5
I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated response go back. But I can't setup rules inside of outlook and keep it attached to the server I would like to make some sort of server side rule if possible?? Any suggestions? Thanks, BiG On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:09:59 -0400, bigdogg <bigdogg33_2000@yahoo.com> wrote: >I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when >someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated >response go back. But I can't ...

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...

Active Directory/Exchange problem
All, Before I joined my current employer the admin here upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000(Box A) and then added another Exchange 2000 box to the organisation(Box B)and migrated the data in Box A to Box B. Box B is now the working exchange server and Box A is no longer used. The problem is that if I actually shut down Box A I can add a new user to Active Directory but I am unable to modify a users email/smtp details. All mail can still be transferred with no problems which would lead me to believe that Exchange is Ok but there is some sort of Active Directory link between the two bo...

Foreign Exchange
With Excel 2003, is there a way to have a cell automatically update th foreign exchange rate of yen to British pounds from the internet, an then use that cell to do calculations -- peterthistl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- peterthistle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2892 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48664 Here's something to get you started: Open a new workbook On Sheet1, enter the following: A1: FromCurrency B1: CAD A2: ToCurrency B2: USD A3: FromAmount B3...

Consulta Exchange 5.5 Mails con fondo
Estimados: Alguien sabe si es posible configurar un servidor Exchange 5.5 para que los mails enviados salgan con un fondo (bacground) predeterminado? Gracias. ...

Outlook98
I am using Outlook98 and all of a sudden, all the folders I have set up and been using over the past several years, have dissapeared. I believe the PST file is the same size, but the folders and their contents are nowhere to be found. How big is the .PST file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1029601c3f42b$1ace3ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl, Kurt Wolfe wrote: > I am using Outlook98 and all of a sudden, all the folders > I have set up and been usi...

Failed to open mmf error appears
A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. What could be triggering this error. What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? EllenB wrote: > A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn > mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. > > > What could be triggering this error. >-----Original Message----- >What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? > >EllenB wrote: >> A pop up window appears with the message 'fail...