Exchange Admin Account for Backup Software

I need help either finding my Exchange Administrator user or designating
a user with proper permissions to access my Exchange mailbox store via
my backup software (Veritas Backup Exec 10). I've tried the Delegate
Control function in Exchange System Manager to no avail. I'm only
getting half of the value of my backup solution until I get this figured
out. Any ideas?

Daniel
0
dspencer1 (5)

On Tue, 10 May 2005 09:45:44 -0700, "Daniel J. Spencer"
<dspencer@rlmin.org> wrote:

>I need help either finding my Exchange Administrator user or designating
>a user with proper permissions to access my Exchange mailbox store via
>my backup software (Veritas Backup Exec 10). I've tried the Delegate
>Control function in Exchange System Manager to no avail. I'm only
>getting half of the value of my backup solution until I get this figured
>out. Any ideas?
>

>Daniel
The veritas documentation will tell you what you need. You should
create a new account with a long password that can only log onto
certain servers. It's only a guess (not being a Veritas user) but the
account may find its way into the Exchange Domain Servers group so
that it can access all the mailboxes it needs.
0
mark7219 (5666)
5/10/2005 5:01:16 PM
<dspencer@rlmin.org> wrote:

>I need help either finding my Exchange Administrator user or designating
>a user with proper permissions to access my Exchange mailbox store via
>my backup software (Veritas Backup Exec 10). I've tried the Delegate
>Control function in Exchange System Manager to no avail. I'm only
>getting half of the value of my backup solution until I get this figured
>out. Any ideas?
>

>Daniel

Which half is that?

0
adavid (8731)
5/10/2005 5:03:11 PM
On Tue, 10 May 2005 13:03:11 -0400, Andy David - MVP
<adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 10 May 2005 09:45:44 -0700, "Daniel J. Spencer"
><dspencer@rlmin.org> wrote:
>
>>I need help either finding my Exchange Administrator user or designating
>>a user with proper permissions to access my Exchange mailbox store via
>>my backup software (Veritas Backup Exec 10). I've tried the Delegate
>>Control function in Exchange System Manager to no avail. I'm only
>>getting half of the value of my backup solution until I get this figured
>>out. Any ideas?
>>

>>Daniel
>
>Which half is that?

That'll be the good half, the half that doesn't involve Bricks!

0
mark7219 (5666)
5/10/2005 5:08:51 PM
On Tue, 10 May 2005 18:08:51 +0100, "Mark Arnold [MVP]"
<mark@mvps.org> wrote:

>On Tue, 10 May 2005 13:03:11 -0400, Andy David - MVP
><adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 10 May 2005 09:45:44 -0700, "Daniel J. Spencer"
>><dspencer@rlmin.org> wrote:
>>
>>>I need help either finding my Exchange Administrator user or designating
>>>a user with proper permissions to access my Exchange mailbox store via
>>>my backup software (Veritas Backup Exec 10). I've tried the Delegate
>>>Control function in Exchange System Manager to no avail. I'm only
>>>getting half of the value of my backup solution until I get this figured
>>>out. Any ideas?
>>>

>>>Daniel
>>
>>Which half is that?
>
>That'll be the good half, the half that doesn't involve Bricks!

lol. Dangit, I was trying to set that whole schtick up!  <g>

0
adavid (8731)
5/10/2005 5:18:31 PM
Yes, that would be the "good" half. ;)

Andy David - MVP wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2005 09:45:44 -0700, "Daniel J. Spencer"
> <dspencer@rlmin.org> wrote:
>

>>I need help either finding my Exchange Administrator user or designating
>>a user with proper permissions to access my Exchange mailbox store via
>>my backup software (Veritas Backup Exec 10). I've tried the Delegate
>>Control function in Exchange System Manager to no avail. I'm only
>>getting half of the value of my backup solution until I get this figured
>>out. Any ideas?
>>

>>Daniel
>

> Which half is that?

0
dspencer1 (5)

Front End Exchange 2003 OWA for a Back end 2000
Hey everybody, At the minute we're in the process of upgrading our 30 odd servers to Windows Server 2003. The Domain Controllers are still running Windows 2000. My question is : Can I install an Exchange 2003 OWA on a Windows Server 2003 to connect to an Exchange 2000 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain (Native Mode) Do I have to upgrade the whole domain first ? What about notions of Front End / Back End ? We would like to do this to benefit from the new OWA (As it's sooooo cool :)) Thanks for your replies, Mike You can use an E2K3 FE to connecto to an E2K BE, but you only get OW...

Installed Second Exchange 2007SP1
I have ABC domain with two Sites STL and GVL. I had my exchange server 2007SP1 installed in STL. Now GVL installed a Exchange 2007SP1 server. All looks good but I get the following error message from time to time in the EMC on my Server in STL. There is a Firewall between us should there be some ports open for them to communicate. Thanks for your help! -------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Exchange Error -------------------------------------------------------- The following error(s) were reported while loading topology information: Get-ActiveSync...

Exchange 2003 on a Domain Controller.
Hi All, I have a WinNT/Ex5.5 to AD 2000/03 and Ex2k3 migration to do. The client is a small company with only about 15 users. The are a network solutions company that needs flexibility so SBS is out of the question. My initial thought was to have 2 Win2k domain controllers/file servers and one Win2k3 member server running Ex2k3. They only have 2 Win2k server licenses and 1 Win2k3 server license. The problem is that they want to be able to use RPC over HTTPs. I understand that requires a 2003 Global Catalogue server. So, my plan of the 2000 DCs doesn't work. My question is:...

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

Problem with systemstate backup with DPM 2010
Hi! We running DPM 2010RC on a Windows 2008 R2 The Protected computer is: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard Edition 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790 When we installed the DPM agent the first backup of system state was successfully, so we have one restore point. But further backups in failing, the system state backup is in status “replica is inconsistent” and when I running a consistent check the job failing. In the error in DPM is: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on sea0700smon1.xxxx.local is inconsistent with the protected data so...

Business investment accounts?
Does anybody know how to add an investment account under the business catergory? Money forces you to make them personel accounts and I am becoming extremely frustrated. Doesn't anybody at Microsoft realize that companies make investments too!? I am new to this program, but I cannot find it either. My guess is that = Home and Business is designed for small home businesses that are not too = far along. If your company is far enough along to have its own = investment accounts (are you incorporated?) then you probably need to go = to something like Quickbooks and separate your business a...

Default Exchange Receive Connector
Hi all, I just installed Exchange 2007. There were two receive connectors already setup during install, I have a question on the "Default Exchange Receive Connector." If I want public mail servers to be able to send mail to my exchange server, do I need to enable "Anonymous Users" on the "Permissions Group Tab" of that connector? Robert Exchange Server 2007: internet email without Edge servers http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/07/exchange-server-2007-internet-email.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia....

Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

POS SOFTWARE
IF ANYONE FINDS A BETTER POS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. i have spent way too much money on hardware, touchscreen, netdisplay adds, handhelds, importing software, mobile pos, web, gift cards to give up pos and start cash registers. if someone finds a good pos for me i will sell them my RMS for $1.OO and price includes maintanence plan. j/k jay ps i think he will do something now !!!!!G Kese ho manoj ji, Hum ko phone karo ap problem solve kar de; do zero nao sat teen shee ek shee sat sat "manoj" <manoj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80FECA9...

4.0 Acceleration Software?
Have heard tell of a software "maybe called accelerate" that can be installed on the CRM server, which will increase speed and performance. My clients are complaining of slowness since crm has been installed. They all use Outlook client for desktop, and say there is a definite latency. I've been searching the web, but coming up empty on a software for this. Is it an urban myth or a secret that needs to be be shared? ...

SP2 Exchange default disclaimer
Hello: I am currently using free GFI tool to provide a default disclaimer on outgoing SMTP email. I was wondering if SP2 will provide this feature on Standard Exchange 2003 server. Thanks, Cindy I'm running the CTP of Exchange 2003 SP2 and haven't seen that as a feature. "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2D2E367-BEB9-49BF-98D3-5C1AE2D08B03@microsoft.com... > Hello: > I am currently using free GFI tool to provide a default disclaimer on > outgoing SMTP email. I was wondering if SP2 will provide this feature on > Standar...

Backup Excel file

Store limit in Exchange
I'm currently researching the migration of my organization's mail system to Exchange and see that the standard edition of Exchange has a data store limit of 16GB. If we were to do a front end, back end setup with two server and the back end server that has the data store were to reach the 16GB limit would adding another back end server resolve this? I read in another post that this would double the space. But doing this the users that are currently create would have to be split up and some moved to the new data store server correct? Also since the Enterprise edition allows m...

Exchange 2003 environment
Hello, I have one Windows 2000 server as a domain controller running Exchange 2000. Is it possible to do an upgrade of exchange only to Exchange 2003 but leave Windows on 2000? or will I need to upgrade windows to 2003 as well? From what I have read it looks as if Exchange 2003 will run in a Windows 2000 domain but I just want word from someone who has some experience. Thanks, Chris DeFreitas Yes you can upgrade to Exchange 2003 without upgrading to Windows 2003 -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Chris DeFreitas" <chris@N...

Outlook xp Offline folders vs O2k3 Cached Exchange mode
I recently upgraded a group of executives from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. I used the "upgrade" option. I also installed O2K3 SP1. They all have laptops and use offline folders. Several have had various offline folder issues since the upgrade. Is there something I need to configure in order for them to continue to use their offline folders? or Does Cached Exchange mode replace Offline folders? Are there known issues with the upgrade and offline folders? I'm not sure what to look for. Thanks in advance for your time! techguyasap <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

modify contact address when account address gets modified
Hi, How do I ripple my changes from company level to the related contacts ? For example the main company phone number and the main address ? Do I need a product like Scribe for this, or can this be done with the workflow ? Thanks for any advice Wim You can't do this with workflow, and I don't believe Scribe can do this (though I may be wrong - I've only used Scribe for one project). I would think that you'd need to create a post callout using the SDK. There is more info at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversi...

removing first exchange server in org
I am ready to move the first exchange 2k3 server from my organization. I have followed the steps in article 822931 and finished them. I am just noticing that one of the public folders - entitled system configuration - is not covered in the instructions in 822931 and is set for replication between the source(server being taken out)and destination server. Should i remove the source server or does it matter. Thanks ...

NNTP news feed quites in Exchange
I have configured a couple of Microsoft news groups using an NNTP feed in Exchange Server 2003 SP2. I pull the newsgroups from Newshosting.com where I have an unlimited account. I have the schedule set to update every 30 minutes and the feeds from Exchange.Admin and Server.SBS worked flawlessly since September 25. The yesterday, the feed stopped working on both newsgroups around 4:00 p.m. Spetember 30. No properties had been changed and no errors apperared in the NNTP log. In the evnt viewer was a 'Failed' message with do description why. I restarted the NNTP service and that did...

Exchange 2003: Missing emails
Hello, Strange problem, not sure if anyone else experiencing: We are running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2000 SP4. A manager came to me and asked where some files had gone in their folders. I checked through their mailbox, and sure enough the emails that had been filed away were missing. Checking through the backups, the email was last in the folder about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know how i would audit what has happened here? i am not asking what has happened to these emails, but moreso who has accessed this mailbox, and when, in the last 2 weeks, thanks in advance John- Did your...

Exchange 2007 Mailbox Folder information not updating
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am using Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition in an Exchange 2007 SP1 UR4 environment. I have only been using the Web Services Edition for about a week and prior to that I was using the regular Entourage 2008 client for four months. In any case, the problem I am about to describe occurs in both versions of Entourage 2008. <br><br>Recently my employer's executive group decided to implement Managed Folder Policies to assist in controlling mailbox size. I was the first to...