Exchange 5.5 SMTP

I am trying to route outbound SMTP mail to a child and parent domain using two seperate smart hosts.  I do not want to use DNS to resolve these two address.  Can this be accomplished using the address space, routing, or connection tabs of the IMS?  I have tried using the email domain and listing the child and parent, but I am unable to use * or other wildcards to represent the child domain

Y.NET 198.155.2.
X.Y.NET 198.155.2.

0
anonymous (74722)

SMTP conversation between servers starts with a DNS lookup of the MX record
to find the other server. I don't get what you are trying to do here?? or
what you want to accomplish. Lets start with that and see if there is a
better way to do it.

"Keith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to route outbound SMTP mail to a child and parent domain using
two seperate smart hosts.  I do not want to use DNS to resolve these two
address.  Can this be accomplished using the address space, routing, or
connection tabs of the IMS?  I have tried using the email domain and listing
the child and parent, but I am unable to use * or other wildcards to
represent the child domain.

> Y.NET 198.155.2.1
> X.Y.NET 198.155.2.2

0
Kevinm1 (3)

Exchange Best Practices Tool 2.5
When I download it, it downloads 2.1...? when I go to do the upgrade from the products, it try's to install 2.1 again...? What happened to 2.5...? Tks, Tom... On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:45:04 -0500, "Tom K" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote: >When I download it, it downloads 2.1...? when I go to do the upgrade from >the products, it try's to install 2.1 again...? > >What happened to 2.5...? > >Tks, >Tom... > Its there. I had the same problem. Go to another machine that does not have the ExBPA installed and download it manually then ...

Loggin inot Exchange Server
Hello, I have a couple of different platforms WinXP and WIN2000 Why is it that some users click on Outlook and BAM! they go right in...while others launch Outlook and they get a "login box" to authenticate them to the exchange server ?? Thanks beause, for the users they logon dierectly to the server the have the "windows authantication" options seletcted. and for the other ones, they have "none" selected, that is whay it asks for the username and password. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > > >I have a couple of different platforms ...

where on Exchange 2000 do you set distribution size limit?
I have a client who wants to create a large distribution list. I know it's a setting on the Exchange server but where? thanks in advance! ...

Move Exchange to new server
Hello all Currently we have exchange 2003 sp2 installed on one of our 2000 DC\GC We have bought a new server that we will dedicate to Exchange only. After I move all the mailboxes, public folders, and system folders from the DC\GC\Exchange box to the dedicated server, can i then remove Exchange 2003 from the 2000 DC? If so could you please point me to the article on how to move exchange to another server, and how also how to remove exchange ? The dedicated server running Exhchagne will be 2003 sp1. We have 3 2000 DC in the forest that i will upgrade to 2003 Thanks Follow this artic...

Warning 1025 on exchange 2003 enterprise server
Hi Just today I saw a warning showing up in application log of my exchange server. I have exchange 2003 enterprise server with sp1. It is running on a dual processor server with storage connected to it. Since the upgrade from 5.5 (a month back) everything has been going very smooth. I tried to find a solution for this warning on Microsoft KB and eventid.net but cannot find the real cause/solution for 2003 exchange as all those Kbs are for 2000 or 5.5 exchange. The error exactly looks like this: Source: MSExchnageIS mailbox, Type: warning, category: general, eventid: 1025 An error occurred on...

How do I copy my calendar from Exchange to another?
Hi, My department is becoming a company of its own so we're getting our own Exchange Server 2003. We're currently on our parent company's Exchange 2000 machine. Once our own Exchange 2003 server is up and running, how do I copy my calendar to the new machine? Thanks, Sam "Sam" <sam@globalwebcentral.com> wrote in news:OqAjOpW2DHA.1740 @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: > Once our own Exchange 2003 server is up and running, how do I copy my > calendar to the new machine? One calendar? Export it to a pst file and import it into your new mailbox. Multiple calendars...

Exchange 5.5 server -- edb.log files are filling my hard drive!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 and my hard drive is filling up with all of the log files. The server is in the process of completing a full backup and hasn't finished yet but I have over 1GB of EDB.LOG files at this point in time and am running out of disk space. The weird thing is that about a month ago our backups weren't working properly and we enabled circular logging to prevent this from happening. When I check the server properties circular logging is still enabled on the Information Store but I have over 200 edb.log files!! I also noticed that the earliest log file is from 6:00 P...

MSCRM.fcat_documentindex.[7.5] Job failure
Hi Everyone, We upgraded from CRM 1.2 to 3.0 and one of our SQL jobs keeps failing throughout the day. SQL Server Scheduled Job 'Start_Incremental on Company_Name_MSCRM.ftcat_documentindex.[7.5]' (0x6397B54081099A4C810F3C7744F609F2) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2006-08-22 10:45:00 - Message: The job failed. The Job was invoked by Schedule 15 (Indexed Document Title Schedule). The last step to run was step 1 (Full-Text Indexing). When looking at the job history, I'm seeing: Executed as user: Domain\SQLAdminAccount. Full-Text Search is not enabled for the current database. Us...

transferring emails from Outlook express 5 to Outlook 2002
Can anyone please help. I tried to import messages from Outlook express 5 to Outlook 2002. However after importing, many of my messages had wrong receipt dates! The import process changed the dates of the messages to current date and time. As a result, i can no longer sort the messages by dates. did anyone face this problem before? Any solutions? ...

office 2004 update 11.5.1 Macintosh fails to find correct version
I'm running MacOS X 10.5.5 and have not previously had MS update problems. I am running a full legal copy of 2004 version 11.5.0 . When I tell one of the apps to check for updates it finds 11.5.1, and that downloads fine. But when it attempts to install it searches for some time and then says it can not find the correct version of Office to update. I've tried downloading it manually and running the updater by hand but that fails in exactly the same way. Manually running updaters for 11.5.0 or 11.5.2 result in exactly the same error, but 11.5.1 should work (since I'm o...

Exchange + ntbackup information about
I have a small reality with a SBS2003 server. This is my question: Ntbackup let me backup C: (drive where i have all... exchange included) but... if i make a backup of c: without stop exchange services can i damage databases (public and private)? I know I can use backup "store information etc etc..." but, if possible, i would can extract single exchange databases... Thanks in advance for answers... massimo On 13 Apr 2007 04:10:01 -0700, "massimo" <massimo.carradori@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a small reality with a SBS2003 server. > >This is my question...

Exchange Admin 5.5.
Hi, could anyone give me a hint where i can find informations about this error. I would like to connect to an exchange systems. I have the necessary permissions on this structure. I got back the error msg DS_E_Communications_Problem!!!!! Thanks for any help Cya Alex Perhaps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322051 On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 04:33:43 -0700, "Alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >could anyone give me a hint where i can find informations >about this error. >I would like to connect to an exchange sy...

exchange 2010 disk recommendation
Hi all, We have f/C SAN storage. We have exchange 2003 now with around 800GB data with RAID 5, lo on RAID 10, 9 mailbox stores, around 680 users, online mode. (no any limit set up here as it's not allowed. We are going to move to Exchange 2010. Will it still recommended that DATA and log on RAID10? or use RAID 5 for data and RAID 10 for LOG? Thank you. On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:00:01 -0800, ed <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >We have f/C SAN storage. We have exchange 2003 now with around 800GB data >with RAID 5, lo on RAID 10, 9 ...

Exchange 2003 Load balance and cluster
We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? Oh yah. I guess my question is that if it is possible to run the laod balance and the cluster on the same two servers "Ashu" wrote: > We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for > exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? No,does not support NLB and cluster on same machine! You should rub cluster with your exchange 2003! -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Ashu" &l...

Disabling Connectors in Exchange 2000 and Exchange2003
Hi I am trying to disable smtp connector on my exchange 2003 server but i couldnot find the way to disable the smtp connector Regards Naren On 19 Mar 2007 05:05:33 -0700, narendhran.kannappan@gmail.com wrote: >Hi > >I am trying to disable smtp connector on my exchange 2003 server >but i couldnot find the way to disable the smtp connector > >Regards > >Naren What is it that you want to do that makes you want to disable a connector? ...

Missing Transactions in GL in GP 7.5 and SQL Server 2000
We have some transactions that Accounts Payable show as posted but the GL does not have a record of it: 1. What causes this to happen> 2. How do I check in SQL Server for this type of missing transactions? 3. How do I fix them? Thanks Dear Sean, First of all check what is your posting setup is. Tools> Setup> Posting > Posting > Serieas = Purchasing Check you have selected the create A journal Entry per Transaction or Batch. It could be possible that you have posted more than 2 transaction and system has posted the summary. You also need to verify that what is the account...

Exchange 5.5 relay Prohibited Auth checked
I have an Exchange 5.5 server. I have Rerouting open with Users and clients the Authenticate checked. It has been working fine for a year and now all of a sudden my pop3 users get a 550 relay prohibited error when sending mail. It works if I uncheck "users and clients that Authenticate". I don't want to leave it wide open. I know their user names and passwords are correct. What could cause this to all of a sudden stop working? What changed? Did you add or change a firewall? The reason I ask is that firewalls that do any sort of mail handling, where they accept then forwar...

Exchange 2003 and DC
I've just inherited a network setup where the DC and the Exchange 2003 is on the same box. I've built another box as an additional DC. I want to run dcpromo on the exchange server and make it a member server only. Are there any ramifications in doing this and how do I install the exchange connector on the new DC? TIA, Dylan Taylor Changing the role after Exchange 2003 has been installed is not actually supported. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822179 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Dylan T...

Outlook 200 and Exchange 2000
We have recently installed Outlook 2007 on a couple of workstations, and we're using Excchange 2000. Two things are happening that are causing problems: 1. All incoming mail is going to the Spam folder... even mail that the user sends himself. 2. Outgoing mail from this workstation being sent to *some* users is not being received... though outgoing mail sent from another workstation (running Outlook Express) *is* being received by those same users... so it doesn't seem to be a "blacklist" thing. Could it have something to do with the way Outlook 2007 formats messa...

Very strange outgoing SMTP issue / delays
Hello all -- Exchange 2003 Standard w/ SP2 Windows Server Standard 2003 SP1 & all updates HP DL380 Server I'm having an issue with outgoing emails being delayed in the queue for roughly 15 - 40 minutes. In that time I receive the obligatory "The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt." messages in the App log. When I try to telnet to port 25 of the IP referenced in the log I am unable to connect, same goes for when I try using SMTPDIAG. For some of the IPs I am able to ping them, or run a tracert, but not other indications of connectivity... Nslookups resol...

Monitoring Users Mailboxes
As Admin, I have been asked to monitor a users mailbox. Our network consists of 5 domains (has 5 mailservers, with my main server retrieving the mail from our ISP and then distributing it to the other servers ). This user is in a different domain than I. My Outlook 2000 can't access the mailbox. I gave myself Admin rights to this persons mailbox. I have tried many ways to open the mailbox. I have logged onto the other domain from my PC and tried to configure Outlook to connect to the other domain mailserver but it always says it can't open the information store or there is...

Questions on Exchange Message
All, We have a user who received an email from other company. When he reply and sent the message, whatever he wrote in the reply message is gone. Even we can see the message was sent in a certain time. When I open the message in outllok XP, I can see the original content from the other party, but his reply was not in the sent message. Does anyone experience the same problem before, how can I prevent this happening. Thanks and have a happy holiday! WS This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C3B367.2DD0AE00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-88...

Outlook & Exchange, any better way to see original message with NDR?
We recently moved over to Exchange, and our users are complaining about having to open an NDR, and click "send again" to see the original message. The message is obviously there as an attachment, as it can be seen in OWA, but Outlook appears to hide the attachments solely on NDRs. Is there some option somewhere I can toggle to show the attachment in Outlook? (We're using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003) ...

Connecting to boxes moved from 5.5 to 2003
I have a small organization, with about 60 clients and I'm working on an AD converison. I worked with a consultant to setup a new AD domain with the requisite trust with my old NT domain and the ADC. I have no problem moving test boxes over to the AD/Exchange03 machine, but I am not certain what the next steps in the process for accessing the moved boxes should be. I though I could simply "enable" the moved accounts I see in AD Users and Computers, but even after resetting pw's and enableing the acct, I am immediately challenged with a bad pw/username error when I atte...

admin rights to user accounts in exchange 2000
Before we upgraded to exchange 2000 from exchange 5.5, I was able to log in as any of my users inbox and other folders as long as I was logged in as administrator. When using OWA, I'd like to be able to log in as the administrator and then put the user name at the end of the line so that I can do it (example log on to www.mydomain.com/exchange using administrator for user name, then going up to address line and adding /user1 to the end) That no longer seems to work. Is there a setting that needs to be changed? Thanks. Personally, I don't like admins who want access to users'...