Exchange 5.5 Service Account Password Change

I have an Exchange 5.5 server that someone used the
Administrator Account and Exchange Service Accounts for
permissions.  When I attempt to make a change to the
Domain Admin account the Outlook users cannot login any
longer to Outlook.  That being said I have also made the
necessary changes to all the Exchange services as far as
the new password for the administrator and I have also
changed the password at the configuration level in
Exchange.

I cannot find where else that Admin account is bein used
to make the neccessary changes.

Suggestions ????
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi,

Try this article
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/support/changing.mspx

"anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:

> I have an Exchange 5.5 server that someone used the
> Administrator Account and Exchange Service Accounts for
> permissions.  When I attempt to make a change to the
> Domain Admin account the Outlook users cannot login any
> longer to Outlook.  That being said I have also made the
> necessary changes to all the Exchange services as far as
> the new password for the administrator and I have also
> changed the password at the configuration level in
> Exchange.
>
> I cannot find where else that Admin account is bein used
> to make the neccessary changes.
>
> Suggestions ????

I'll take a look at right now.

Thank you.

This is only a temporary change as I will be upgrading to
Exchange 2003 on a new server in the near future.

0
anonymous (74722)
9/22/2004 1:51:21 PM
I have followed another Exchange Knowledge base article 157780 or Q157780
which shows how to change the service account password and I already knew
this information prior to seeing the KB.  When I do change the password for
all the services and admin account and restrt them everthing loads up just
fine and I can use the Exchange Coonsole with no problems.  The problem is
when attempting to login with Outlook the screen will sit and wait for an
Admin password to be entered.  I cannot find where this other location for
the password entry might be.

"Andrew Sword [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try this article
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/support/changing.mspx
>
> "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:
>
> > I have an Exchange 5.5 server that someone used the
> > Administrator Account and Exchange Service Accounts for
> > permissions.  When I attempt to make a change to the
> > Domain Admin account the Outlook users cannot login any
> > longer to Outlook.  That being said I have also made the
> > necessary changes to all the Exchange services as far as
> > the new password for the administrator and I have also
> > changed the password at the configuration level in
> > Exchange.
> >
> > I cannot find where else that Admin account is bein used
> > to make the neccessary changes.
> >
> > Suggestions ????

0
Petehawk (1)

Drop-down list #5

Changing Prices in HQ.
Hi, I have this little issue. I want to change the put items on promotion using the price wizard using HQ. Unfortunately if I have stores who has differents prices for a same item the wizard do not make the proper change becuase it use the price already stored in the master table. Does anyone saw this issue before? Who was solved?. Thks in advance for your help. Rgds Rodrigo Hi there, The easiest way to look after this is to not change any data on the ITEM in HQ, but to simply do the worksheet for altering the sale price and then send it to the respective stores. Then in the works...

Offline Folders #5
I am trying to get an outlook client setup so that it automatically opens offline without prompting the user. Does anyone know if this is possible, if so how to do it. Thanks Phil pearson In the properties of the e-mail account (Tools, Options, Mail Setup, E-mail Accounts, View or Change existing e- mail accounts) if this is an Exchange e-mail account, highlight it and hit Change, then More Settings. Select Manually Control Connection State, then select Work Offline and Use Dialup Networking. This should give you the desired effect. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying ...

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Saving toolbar changes

Field Service Calls and Invoices
We use the Service Call modules for repairs in our Stores and have a situation that I'm trying to find a workaround. We have situations where our technicians will pick-up items without prior notification to our dispatchers. All of a sudden we get an invoice and currently we have to track down the charge and then we are forcing a PO into the system from the Service Call in order to properly receive and enter the invoice. Does anyone have other ways to do this and track the information/cost on the Service Call without needing to create a PO after the fact. This is not an applicat...

Changing query execution sequence

Moving Exchange #5

request to solve my problem #5

Backing Up Exchange Database

Performance By Investment Account
I've been trying to analyze the return calculations that MS Money provides in both the Portfolio Manager and also the Performance by Investment Account. One curious thing that I've come across and had previously not paid attention to is a feature in the Performance by Investment Account. If you click on "Customize' for this report, under the "Rows & Columns" tab there is a customizable setting called "Do not show performance based on data of less than: xx days." It defaults to 90 days. Does anyone know if this feature actually does anything? I'v...

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Automatic changes in cells

How to split an account into two accounts
8 years ago I started my 403B and 401A retirement accounts with Fidelity as a single account. It did not both me that the paper showed them as two accounts and I should have fixed it sooner. Now that Fidelity is allowing me to download the information it is clear that I should have two accounts. However I have purchased 4 mutal funds every two weeks for the past 8 years and now to split them it appears I need to move 2 of these sets of fund transactionss to a the account. The move one transaction at a time is growing old. Is their an easy way or to accomlish a mass move of all transac...

Run time error 5 : HQClient