Exchange 5.5 MTA Missing

When I open my Exchange Admin for 5.5 and drill down to my server the
Message Transfer Agent container is no longer visible on the right, nor is
MTA Site Configuration Container under the Configuration Container...

Anyone have any ideas?  Please...

Andres

0
andres1 (4)

Losing e-mail content Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2000
I lost randomly some of my users e-mail content, they still have the subject/headers, but there's no more e-mail content and attachements are also "0kb" so useless after that. I don't known what's going on since it's happening randomly... they are mostly older e-mails... but some are almost new. It's running on a Windows 2000 server, sp4 and Exchange 2000 I think on SP3. ( I'll have to check to be sure. ) Anyone can helo me on this ? I really need to resolve this issue... In news:0E257817-F755-44BB-B460-F3599B06356E@microsoft.com, Maxime F. <Max...

Exchange 3GB Memory Question
I've got an Exchange server that intermittently complains about memory configuration not being optimal. Exchange Enterprise 2003, Windows Server Enterprise 2003. It says: *************** The memory settings for this server are not optimal for Exchange. For more information, click http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=815372 For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. *************** I've found the following articles about it on MS's site: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/266096 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810371 http://...

Outlook 2003 / Exchange Find issue with Shared Calendar
Hello, Here is the set-up and the issue: There is an Exchange 2003 server (with RPCoHTTP). There are 3 users accessing the Exchange server with Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP2. One user has a calendar, which is shared, and owned by the two other users (The users do _not_ want to use a public folder calendar, since some PDA software they use cannot sync with a public folder, don't ask). Since the calendar is owned by everyone, everyone can make changes. Issue: If the user whose calendar is shared tries searching his calendar for, say, all entries with 'xyz' in name, he sees all of...

Missing page advance
Can anyone offer help or suggestion to resolve this? I call a report from a form using... DoCmd.OpenReport "rpt1CityZipAllClients", acPreview DoCmd.Maximize My problem: The page advance/selection control is missing from the report bottom on ONLY ONE REPORT, all the other reports are fine. This one report issue occurs on ONLY ONE COMPUTER, on all other computers' reports (all) are fine, including the one with the issue. If I comment out the DoCmd.Maximize command, the report is fine but does not "fit"on the screen - it is popup and sm...

Exchange Over Http
Hello. My users can access exchange using rpc over http provided that they enter their username in the format DOMAIN\UserName, and they have to enter it every time they open Outlook. Is there a way to prevent either (or both) of those two things. Thanks. Dan VPN or use OWA that allows you to save passwords. Most customers want the opposite for security thus why Forms Based Auth in OWA takes away this "feature". -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, p...

Adding external users to Exchange 5.5 DL???
Hello all, Is it possible to add external addresses not in my corp GAL to a DL list?? Seems simple but I cant seem to get it to work... Thanks Create a Contact (Custom Recipient) and add to DL. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "ShawnMB" <ShawnMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE886650-DDD5-4E1D-8859-9EC7394CB260@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > Is it possible to add external addresses not in my corp GAL to a DL list?? > Seems simple but I cant seem to get it to...

Create users with Exchange or AD?
Hello, My company is going to be moving from Sendmail to Exchange 2007. We have no Active Directory setup at the moment, so we will be setting up AD strictly for the exchange users (all Win 2003 servers). We have 4000 users that will be using Exchange. I am unclear on the best way to import the users. Should I use AD to import them, or exchange? Is there a difference? What are the relevant commands? Any help is appreciated, thanks. Robert You can use Exchange console or shell to create mailbox-enabled users - the latter is better suited for bulk operations. Exchange Server ...

Upgrade from 7.5 to 8.0 #2
I am upgrading from Great Plains 7.5 to 8.0. I received the following: Ugrade fail. HR_Inquiry HR_Tests Payroll Benefit Master UPR00600 Payroll Benefit Setup UPR40800 Payroll Master - Archvie UPR_MSTR Payroll Work Benefit UPR10205 How can I fixed these errors and continue my upgrade -- tk ...

MSExchangeFBPublish on new Exchange 2003 server
I've recently added an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server to an Exchange 5.5 organization (we are following the standard migration path). I have ADC recipient and public folder connection agreements (two-way). In the event viewer on the Exchange 2003 server, I'm seeing the following approximately every 25 minutes: Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event ID: 8197 Description: Error initializing session for virtual machine <myservername>. The error number is 0x80040111. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running. Do you have a replica of the free-busy system folder on your...

sorting in excel #5
i have been working on a spread sheet of data for about 5 months. today i am trying to change some of the formating as update entries. in the past i would sort the data in this worksheet using the sort option under the data menu. Suddenly today the data menu only has the options, "Filter, Group and Outline, and Import External Data." The rest of the options have been ghosted and do not work. I tried copying and pasting into a new document. But as soon as i do that the document no longer has the option of sorting. Has some setting been changed? What do i do? Hi is your ...

help me #5
please help me i cant like sing up in my outlook i try to do all but it no let me sing in my e mail is havasu-guy@npg.com tell me plase how i can sing in In news:3690606B-91E4-4200-901A-F4ABB521E1A8@microsoft.com, igor <igor@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > please help me i cant like sing up in my outlook i try to do all but > it no let me sing in my e mail is havasu- > tell me plase how i can sing in See reply to your other post. ...

Missing payment record
We have a data problem. A payment was entered and applied 2 weeks ago without any errors. But there is no record of the payment although there is a record of it being applied. Would reconcile correct this situation? We're tempted to add the missing record in SQL but that's the least desired approach. Reid, I would try Check Links and Reconcile first (in that order). If you do resort to having to fix it directly in the tables, you need to be VERY careful. In most of these cases that I have experienced you're better off removing the apply information, not creating a...

Exchange 2003 run database defragment show [Out of database page buffers]
run eseutil/p command on yesterday, after less than 24 hours, we found the error message "Operation terminated with error -1014 (JET_errorOut ofBuffer, Out of database page buffers) after 847,402.35 seconds" appear. ...

missing transactions since 2006 upgrade
I have been using Money 2003 Deluxe for 3 years without problem. Recently I updated to Money 2006 Deluxe. One of my brokerage accounts is now losing transactions. I captured the log files, and I can see that Money seems to be asking for the right dates, for example: <DTSTART>20060824 <DTEND>20060825 The last update was 8/23, so this would appear correct. In the RS file, these dates are also recorded. But the transactions start on 8/25, not 8/24. And the 8/24 transactions are not tranmitted. Oddly, this worked fine in Money 2003. Is there a way to reset or change Money...

Viruses and Exchange
So we've just began using an exchange server here, we've got mcafee webshield, along with group shield, and everyone keeps gettin viruses in thier mail. Whats the best way to stop all these virsuses from getting though? (or to stop all the virsuses that are being sent around) steve wrote: > So we've just began using an exchange server here, we've > got mcafee webshield, along with group shield, and > everyone keeps gettin viruses in thier mail. Whats the > best way to stop all these virsuses from getting though? > (or to stop all the virsuses that are being ...

Sales Tab & Reports Are missing --
Hi We have installed SQL Server , SQL Server SP3 , MSCRM in our system using Administrator Account When we try to browse the CRM Server only Home,Workspace and Reports tabs are shown. 1>Why Sales Tab is not shown ? In Reports tab only Admin and User related reports are there 2>Why the sales related reports are not shown ? Please guide us Regards Guru I think you must add a user with admin privileges and with a licence in CRM. If not, you are considered as 'invited' and you can't see all. "System.Xml.XmlDocument" wrote: > Hi > > We have instal...

SBS 2k3, Exchange 2k3 SP2, IMF SCL header not added.
I've read that a Spam Confidence Level indicator should be added to the headers of incoming mail. When viewing the Internet headers of mail I can't find the SCL score, on either normal mail, or mail that has be re-routed to users junk mail folders. I don't delete/block/archive any mail, just let it through. (Current settings are #1 SCL >9 allow through, #2 SCL >4 re-route) Do I need to activate this option somewhere? If it makes any difference, incoming mail is passed through an e-mail proxy first... Cheers, Box - SCL is not inserted in message headers, it's...

List of 5.5 hotfixes
Anyone know where I can get a comprehensive list of ALL of the hotfixes that have come out for 5.5 since SP4? And a description of the problems the fix corrected? I'd appreciate it, Mike Lawson November 2004 saw a Store roll up 841765 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;841765 ...

MSCRM & Exchange 2003
Hi, IG.PDF on the MSCRM 1.2 documentation CD says, that MSCRM may coexist with an Exchange 2003 on the same machine, but this isn't recommended. Why would that be? I have precisely the same deployment scenario ahead of me! I am running a Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition box. This machine has Exchange 2003, Sharepoint Portal Server 2003, SQL Server 2000 (sp3) installed on it. I need to run MSCRM v1.2 on the same machine. This box is also my Domain Controller. Are there any known issues in running the configuration mentioned above? Anyone running similar configurations and have had any iss...

BP 2.5
Hi, I am getting the following message when I tried to install BP 2.5 on GP 8.0. Unable to validate company information in your backoffice data. Please help Regards, Ani Hi Ani; I am having the exact same problem. I am trying to put Business Portal on a development server for testing and demo before i tie into our live GP server. Does anyone have any insight on this? I only found one other post online at Experts-exchange, but like this one it was unanswered. Any help would be appreciated. Ani, I think this has something to do with the way the data was copied. Are you insta...

Redoing Exchange 2002 Server
This coming Friday I will be adding a Windows Server 2003 to my current Windows 2000 domain. Yes, the 2003 server will be the new domain controller. At this point, I feel comfortable with the addition of the server 2003. My question is more centered around my exchange server. I have Exchange 2003 running on Windows Server 2000, and what I want to do after moving to Active Directory 2003 is run Exchange on Server 2003 and not on Server 2000 like it is now. Currently I backup exchange with Symantec (Veritas) Backup Exec 11d. I have both the exchange agent and the open files agent. I hav...

Access work exchange server from home...
My company has a setup on the exchange server to access our work email from outside the company through a web browser. I would rather be able to have outlook go and retrieve the messages from the server and not use the web browser. Unfortunately the company says that we CAN'T do that. I don't believe it. I figure that there may be certain ports to use or something, but any help would be greatly appreciated. The address for the email is something like this: https://csfowa.thisisamadeupname.com/exchange/root.asp This link, which is what I type in the browser to access the server...

Report #5
Hi Reports---Project---Details Trial Balance From here I am exerting a report by Selecting Posting Account and Detail Level is their any way that I can sum the Debit and Credit where the Project and cost category are Repeating Regards Thirumal ...

Vista SP1 does not communicate with Exchange server 2003
I am having vista sp1 in my laptop with outlook 2007. After connecting with VPN if I try ping to my exchange server 2003, it is not pinging . Vista pings some random ip which never exists. In Windows XP I never had a problem like this. I tried all possibilities which are given in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939321 and etc. Outlook says it should be online or server name cannot be resolved. Nothing seems to resolve my problem. Can anybody pls help me on this? ...

exchange edb and stm files
is there a size relationship between these files that is quantifiable? Are both permanent stores? I thought only the priv.edb was but the priv.stm file is almost as big 14GB and 12GB respectively. Also does any know of a good website with information on best practices for exchange admins? I have googled this quite a bit and come up with lots of nothing and sites that want my money. thanks Exchange Storage Architecture - just read the first few lines.... http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TechRef/e82e8de0-803a-4c2b-b012-f73d6a677901.mspx Exchange Server Tec...