Exchange 5.5 internal site problem

Hi,
I am using exch 5.5  with 2 srvrs in a single sit , with a mail content
scanner enigine on a diff srvr , when i forward mail fm content scanner to
first srvr , the mail flow works properly , but when i forward it to second
srvr ( which was buileded later) , the recipients on 1 st server dont get
internet mails .

Can anyone HElp.

0
s_s_anu (1)

Exchange Server Cluster Licensing
How many Exchange 2003 Enterprise server licenses are required to support a 2-node active/passive Exchange cluster and a 3rd Front End server to support OWA? One for the cluster and one for the FE server? Thanks, Ken You can use Exchange 2003 Standard for the Front-End. Active/Passive failover - In Active/Passive fail-over clustering, only one server is actively running one or more SQL Server databases or SQL Server-based applications at any one time. The other acts as a backup server, and is configured such that if the first server fails, the database(s) or application(s) it is runnin...

Problem with buttons
Hi I have 2 workbooks to which I'm adding a button with a small macr attached (the same one on each). Using the forms toolbar, I've added a button to one of the workbooks no problem. The other is causing problems. When I open the forms toolbar it's al greyed out. The worksheet isn't protected and even the cells ar unlocked. I'm at a loss to work out what the problem is. Any ideas? Many thank -- Ceris ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Cerise's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m15 View this thread: http://www.hightechtalk...

Online Ordering Problem
As my trial version of Money Plus Delux has only few days left to run, I decided to order a copy of it from the MS/Digital River download site. For whatever reason, the order form was pre-initialized for 3 copies instead of the one I ordered. I corrected the 3 to 1 before I filled in the credit card info. To my surprise, I was still billed for 3 copies but by that time I could not change or cancel my order. I immediately sent an email to Digital River about this but I wonder if any of you also encountered this seeming scam. JP In microsoft.public.money, JP wrote: >As my trial ve...

Exchange failover + SBS 2003
Hi All! Is there any way for redundecy for Exchange server on SBS 2003. I wanted to have one more server with exchange which automatically takes over if SBS 2003 premium fails so that users doesnt fail any downtime because of SBS 2003 failure they gets redirected to another failover server to which I want to keep at remote location. Please Advice On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 01:14:02 -0800, "Absar" <Absar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All! > >Is there any way for redundecy for Exchange server on SBS 2003. > >I wanted to have one more server with exchange ...

Exchange 2003 #19
Can anyone tell me if Exchange 2003 gives the ability to control the general category list from the server level rather than at the client. Outlook categories are still controlled by the client. On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:29:24 -0700, "M. Bergquist" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone tell me if Exchange 2003 gives the ability to >control the general category list from the server level >rather than at the client. ...

Rasing Exchange 2000 server to native mode level
In my production environment I have a primary DC which is Windows 2000 server hosting DNS, DHCP and Active Directory, and one Exchange 2000 Standard on a sperate server part of the same forest. I do have one NT 4.0 in the same forest as my Exchange 2000 server. My Development environment Primary DC is on NT 4.0 server and they just have two way trust with Windows 2000 DC. I also have other development domains which are only Windows 2000 servers. My Questions is: Does rasing Exchange 2000 standard server level to native mode raises Windows 2000 servers to native mode? Any help is mu...

What does this "%5bU%5" indicate when preceding a hyperlink?
Tobias Builders mission is to provide innovative design and top-quality craftsmanship in home building, additions and remodels. Can anyone tell me why these symbols are generated before a hyperlink attached to autoshape when the page is saved in a website folder? I have assigned hyperlinks to the index, for example as "index.htm", and after saving the page the symbols "%5bU%5d" have been attached before the name in this fashion "%5bU%5dindex.htm. This seems to create problem when viewing on the internet as the pages randomly do not connect to the site. Whe...

exchange directory synchronization will not start
Our exchange server was 5.5 running on NT4.0. NT4.0 crashed and we rebuilded the Exchange 5.5 on windows 2000 successfully. It seems to be working fine and we are sending and receiving email, but I tried to start exchange directory synchronization and it gives me the following error: Could not start the Microsoft exchange directory synchronization service on local computer. The service did not return and error. This could be and internal windows error or and internal service error. Does any one have any ideas why it is giving me this error? Is there a work around? ...

Exchange 2003 features depends on Active Directory 2003
Beside RPC over HTTP, which need to upgrade the AD schema to Windows Server 2003, any other features rely on AD 2003 ? Thanks. Check out the whole list here: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features/win_compare.asp -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Copo" <copo@mail.hongkong.com> wrote in message news:OSWUQoHTEHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Beside RPC over HTTP, which need to upgrade the AD schema to Windows Server > 2003, any other features rely on AD 2003 ? > > Thanks. > ...

Problem with sheet tabs
My MS Office is Office 2003. While open a new workbook in Excel, the sheet tabs are not shown, I need to set by tools -> option and check the sheet tab every time. How to set the workbook opened with the sheet tabs ? Also, there is a extra menu tab "addin" shown at the top menu of workbook, i.e. File, Edit, View, Insert, ...., addin, Help. While addin is clicked, a message of "solution.xls not found" shown. How to fix it ? The first problem: Open a blank workbook, go to Tools - Option and change the settings. Now, close the workbook. Your changes sh...

blue screen reboot problems
my home prem. vista pc keeps rebooting. Blue screen message is 2 seconds long so i can't read it and several attempts to resolve this by using system restore etc is only making it worse. I've run virus scans in safe mode nothing. My deskstop comes up at startup with "windows installer" 3x then a box says that windows has to close down and then it reboots after 30 seconds or so, no time to try and update to sp1 or find the problem list because it dumps to fast. The blue screen does say TCPIP error or something. Do i have to connect Mircosoft with $$ or is this not f...

help fixing a calculation problem
i have an big file that takes a while to calculate. I keep my calculation set on manual. a few times a day I create a csv. file out of a database and open it in excel and the file starts to calc and I end up having to wait it out. Anyone have an idea on how to prevent that from happening? -- barrfly Excel User - Energy markets ------------------------------------------------------------------------ barrfly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4141 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482195 Try this .. Before yo...

ImageFrame Problem with Empty Reports
I am getting this "type mismatch" error when I try to open a report that has no records. The report normally displays a picture of the client if they have one or more records in the report. If they don't, it should be able to still open the report but just show no records. I have traced the source of the error to the following code in the pageheader of my report. ImageCyclist.picture=[picpath] The [picpath] is a field inserted in the pageheader that contains the pathname or link where the picture of the person is retrieved from. How can I prevent this error from appearing?? ...

Problem sharing a workbook
Hi, I've created an Excel workbook (Excel 2003 (11.8120.8122) SP2), placed it on a shared network server, and then selected Tools>Protection>Protect and Share Workbook... with the "Share and track changes" option selected, and password protection set. However, if I attempt to open it when someone else has it open, I get the message stating that the workbook is opened by user so and so and am given the option to open it as Read-Only, Notify, etc. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks, Linda ...

exchange is unavailable
Recentely in the last 2 weeks some of my Outlook 2000 and 2003 clients have being complaining that Outlook times out when they first start the program to get to their mailboxes, with the error message "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable, you can retry connecting to the server using the network, or work offline" and another message "the network did not respond in a timely manner", like I said, this just surfaced 2 weeks ago, everything has being fine, but the strange thing is that only a few clients are experiencing this in different locations and different...

counter problem(you really want to read this)
i have a workbook that contains two sheets. Sheet one contains a list of names. Each name references an information sheet for that name. I wish to collect data for each name for a specified number of days "x". When that number of days is met, then I wish to click on a button on the toolbar to delete some number "x" of days of data from 1 - "x" including "x". I wish to do this to make the data more current hence meaningful ...

Strange Excel problem when opening an Excelbook
When I open an Excelworkbook I get the following message from Excel (see attached picture) First I get a security warning that the Excelbook contains macros which is OK. I press Enable macros (totaly normal) Then the strange message appears when excel looks for MIM.EXE???. If I press OK I get following message from Excel: "Cannot run MIM.EXE. The program or one of its components is damaged or missing" I press OK and I get back to the strange message. But if I press Ok again I get the Cannot MIM.EXE message, but then after pressing OK I can can continue work with the Excelwo...

Relationship problems
I have a DB with 6 tables tbl 1 (Person's Info) ClientNum (PK) FName LName + all person info tbl 2 (Employment info) EmpID (PK) ClientNum EmpCodeNum EmpStatus TrainingRelated StartDate EndDate tbl 3 (Employer Codes) EmpCodeNum (PK) EmployerName tbl 4 (Trades) TradeNum (PK) TradeName tbl 5 (Pri-Training) PriTraID (PK) ClientNum TradeNum tbl 6 (Sec-Training) SecTraID (PK) ClientNum TradeNum The problem i'm have is that when i go to create a form to enter all the clients data the de...

AOL and Microsoft on an exchange question
I hope someone might know the answer to this problem. I have a customer who uses AOL. I use Outlook 2007 and am on an exchange server. My customer has a problem when he forwards me an email from anyone outside of my office. The original email comes to me in the form of an attachment, even tho there were no attachments used. For example, A sends an email to my customer. That email has no attachments. My customer forwards me the email. When I receive the email A's email to my customer is in the form of an attachment. It looks like an envelope. Can we make the forward come to ...

Does Exchange 2003 SP1 apply to SBS 2003?
Wes - Yes, Exchange 2003 SP1 applies to the Exchange 2003 that installs with SBS 2003. You may want to have a look at Susan's blog (http://msmvps.com/bradley/) as there are several "SP1 on SBS heads-up" issues documented there. -- Evan Dodds Microsoft Exchange Support ****** Disclaimer ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup purposes only. "Wes Tatum" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA8E60BE-F58A-45B6-A...

New mail in Outlook / Exchange
I have a newly built Windows 2K server with ISA 2K and Exchange 2K on the same box. First I tried using the Server Publishing Rules - Publish a Server wizard to add the Exchange server to ISA. I could recieve mail but not send. I then used the Publishing - Secure Mail Server wizard which created several IP Packet Filter rules. I can now send and recieve...but the Outlook clients will only register that new mail is there if I do something else that connects to Exchange...like create a new message or open the calendar. Even doing a manual send/recieve doesn't work. Any ideas? On Sun, 24...

Send Mail Problem
Hi all One of our user got the below two message from postmaster, i try to disable the rule(list.dsbl.org) from the connection filtering, but the problems still exists. I search my mailserver ip on list.dsbl.org, it listed. To removal need one week. Have any faster way to fix this problems? abc@abc.com on Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:28:05 +0800 There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <"Mailserver Host" #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)> 1...

backing up exchange 2003 using arcserve v11
hi all, i know that this may not be directly a problem with exchange but i thought i'd post this anyway for anyone who uses arcserve to backup their exchange. i just installed brightstor arcserve v11 on my windows 2003 server. i'm using this to backup my exchange 2003 enterprise w/sp1 (installed on win 2003-this is a separate server from my backup). i installed the exchange backup agent on my exchange server and the client agent for windows with no problem. i've created the brick level account thru this agent eventhough i will not be using brick level backup. here's...

Having problems opening pst file
When I try to open a pst file - I get the following message "Properties for this informaton service must be defined prior to use" then I get another pop-up "Errors |\ve been detected in the file C:\WINDOWS\APPLICATION DATA\MICROSOFT\OUTLOOK\outlook.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, then use the Inbox Repair Tool" Please help!!! I have important contact information I can't get to. GHR 770-451-8565 x11 "GHR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012d01c3ddf8$5ef50650$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to open a...

X Axis Linear Representation Problem
I have a project involving a hiking trail where I am trying to capture altitude on Y axis versus mile marker location on X axis. I can enter the data in adjoining columns and use the chart wizard but each mile marker value gets positioned along the X axis in uniform increments rather than an actual linear scale representation. In other words, mile markers 3.3 and the next mile marker (3.8) are the same distance apart on the X axis in the graphic representation as is marker 3.8 and the next one (12.5). This distorts the graphic representation of the actual linear distance between the...