Exchange 5.5 IMS Services Awaiting delivery

Sorry I clicked YES and i think I may have ended the posting by doing so
Thank you for you time in this

Yes i can see all the messages and who they are from  most of them are just
spammed emails with an unknown sender. ( ifo you mean looking via the IMS
services awaiting delivery queue unedr the properties page)

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:49:03 -0800, pockettes
> <pockettes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> >Hello,
> >I have several emails queued for delivery. I am unable to delete them. Many
> >are from well over a year ago. When I look at the detail of the messages they
> >say
> >Expiration = Never so the email is in a constant state of trrying to be sent
> >but can't. How do I get rid of these? I have renamed the in and out queue.dat
> >files and restarted the services. That does nothing. The messages still appear
> >
> >Thank you
> >RL
>
> If you look in the queues directory do you actually see the messages?

0
pockettes (21)

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:15:03 -0800, pockettes
<pockettes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Sorry I clicked YES and i think I may have ended the posting by doing so
>Thank you for you time in this
>

>Yes i can see all the messages and who they are from  most of them are just
>spammed emails with an unknown sender. ( ifo you mean looking via the IMS
>services awaiting delivery queue unedr the properties page)

I meant can you see the actual message files in the imcdata\out
directory?
0
mark7219 (5666)

Links in Excel #5
I've got several spreadsheets that link to one 'master' spreadsheet. They're all kept on our work X: drive, which is the shared drive for the whole organisation. However, the automatic links have a problem, in that every time I open the master spreadsheet that contains the links, I have to manually find each linked spreadsheet, it doesn't automatically update. Now, I can't see anything wrong with the source file descriptions and I can't think of what else it could be. Does anyone have any advice or tips? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thankyou in advan...

Exchange 5.5
We have an IBM Netfinity 5000 server running Windows NT4, and Exchange Server 5.5 Over the last 2-3 weeks, Outlook has been freezing, not sending messages ("Operation failed"), and Exchange has been just crashing at odd times and unpredictable times The event log shows a lot of 'Error 0xfffffbd3 occurred on message 1-EB1F8B1 during a background cleanup' type messages. when someone trys to send a message it sometimes comes up with "Operation failed" If the user opens a new email, and then cuts and pastes the text from the failed message into the new email, it goes o...

Where are permissions set for Mailboxes and Public folders in 5.5?
Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 SP6 We have installed Veritas Backup Exec Remote Agent. Exchange is allowing it to backup everything except the actual Private Mailboxes and Public Folders. I'm being denied access to those two folders. I have tried all 3 logons that are listed as 'Service Account Admins' and no luck. I'm told that "The logon account xxxxxx failed to access server_name\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes." Access is denied. This is an old exchange server set up by my predecessor and I'm not that familiar with it. Is there somewhere that special permiss...

SBS Exchange 2003: Create new user in AD but no exchange mailbox #3
I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. When I create a new user using Active Directory, it prompts me about creating a mail box. It says it's creating a mailbox, then it's done. But no mailbox appears. In fact, if I use the Exchange tasks wizard, I can create, delete, and recreate the mailbox--all say successful without an error message. And yet, no mailbox. This is even after I reboot the PC and sent email to the address. Any ideas what's going on? mike.aes@gmail.com wrote: > I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. > > When I create a new user ...

Retrieving Emails from an archived exchange backup
Retrieving Emails from an archived exchange backup. I have been asking to get emails from a users email box in exchange. This user was a part of the org. about 2yrs ago and is no longer in active directly. Also I need to restore this data in the lab, does anyone have any resources / info on how I should go about doing this? Any help would been good, thank you. On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:28:45 -0400, "Mr. Backup" <backup@yahoo.com> wrote: >Retrieving Emails from an archived exchange backup. > >I have been asking to get emails from a users email box in exchange...

Unable to Migrate Exchange 5.5 mail boxes to 2003 with the Migration Wizard
Hi, We are trying to migrate from and NT4 Domain with Exchange 5.5 to 2003/AD with Exchage 2003. We have the AD Domain set up. The NT4 Domain is still in place and on the same network, so our AD domain is similar but different (the "inc" has been dropped from the NetBIOS name). We have 2 Domain Controllers, and a brand new system to run Exchange 2003 on. It is clean, only has the OS and Exchange on it (we have problems when we get the critical updates. It seems linked to the exchange database going belly up, and we can't install exchange in the first place if the updates are ap...

Outlook 2002 on Exchange 5.5 -- RTF to Plain Text issues
The owner of our company wants ALL email sent to him in Rich Text Format so he can use an abbreviation program he has that works with MS Word when replying. I created a document telling people how to change their settings for Outlook to ensure all messages are sent in Rich Text. My problem is that since he travels so much he wants to be a POP user on our server. If I send him a message from my PC directly connected to the Exchange server he receives it in RTF. If the President of the company (who is also a POP user) sends him a msg in RTF he receives it in Plain Text. He wants me to expla...

only the first 5 columns of a 10 column excel spreadsheet sort
How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? Using Office 2003. Maybe if you remove the Data|list Select a cell in that blue box. Data|list|convert to range jrw562 wrote: > > How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the > first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? > Using Office 2003. -- Dave Peterson ...

Need HELP with Exchange Restore/Recovery
Details: 2003 sp2 Exchange Server Enterprise 2003 sp1 Server Enterprise C: drive is 100GB Logical Drive over x4 36GB drives in a RAID 5 set D: drive is 280GB Logical Drive over x5 70GB drives in a RAID 5 set Domain Controller Last night I upgraded our 2003 sp1 Exchange to sp2 + any O/S hot fixes and DST fix. No problem with the upgrade or hot fix, but @ about 200 a.m. I lost two of the five drives in the RAID 5 set (drive D) that had the exchange install. I’m currently replacing the hardware & bringing up the drives & going to recreate the D: drive. (server is bootable) I h...

Exch 5.5 modifying attachments.
One of Exchange 5.5 Servers has started converting attachments or changing them. Especially true of those for MACs. Now clients can not use them; render some attachments worthless. What has changed on our server; and how do we change it back? For instance, it changes to appl ms\tnef.doc = when it should be an image. Start here http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=true&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&Product=msall&Queryc=tnef&Query=tnef&KeywordType=ALL&maxResults=150&Titles=false&...

exchange 2003 +recepient update services
Hi i have this issue for months now. I have win2k AD network with exchange 2003. My pdc went down, but before it went down i managed to transfer all the FSO roles to my secondary domain controller successful. All seemed well, but then when i access exchage system manager to create a mailbox for a new user it gets up to 60% on the task but then throws up an error message of : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?> - <taskWizardRun taskName="Create Mailbox" dcName="DC2" buildNumber="6944" runningAs="Administrator@domain....

Mailbox migration #5
Hi. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to migrate an exchange 2003 mailbox from an exchange server on one domain to an exchange server on another domain? Sure, 1. Create the new user on the other Exchange Infrastructure and create a mailbox for that user. 2. Use Exmerge to export the users current mailbox from Domain A to PST format. Follow this document to implement and use Exmerge: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/ExMerge-Recover-Mailbox.html 3. Then use Exmerge on Domain B to _import_ the PST file to your new user, ensuring you select 'merge'. All done, Hope that ...

Mail Delivery Locally Between Two Exchange servers Locally
Hi, 1) I have two Exchange servers hosting Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003 in the same subnet. 2) two domains are different from each other (DmainA.com.sg, DonainB.com.sg). 3) When these exchange servers send mails, it will go through the SMTP of its own. 4) when DomainA send mail to DomainB or viseversa it will go through the SMTP which results slow delivery of mail. Q:- 1) is there any way i can configure these servers to deliver mail to each other directly. 2) on Exchange 2000 any mail for DomainB must go through any conector,deliver directly or smar...

Exchange and hotmail
I've recently setup an Exchange 2003 server. Everything seems to be working well except one thing. When I try to send mail from a hotmail account to a user on the exchange domain, the message is bounced back to the hotmail account. I've read about PTR records and how some ISP's are trying to do use this to block spam, but I have sent mail from AOL and yahoo and the messages went through. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks, John Here is the posted message. Thanks, John From : <postmaster@mail.hotmail.com> Sent : Wednesday, July 7, 2004 3:57 PM To : us...

copying text on sheet 1 to corresponding cells on sheets 2 to 5
I want the text entered in A8 on sheet 1(named Productivity) to automatically transfer to A8 on sheets 2 thru 5. I used the simple formula =Productivity!a8 in the corresponding cells but when there is no data in Productivity A8 I get a 0 in the corresponding cells. I would like the corresponding cells to remain blank if there is not text in Productivity A8. I am really new to excel, like only used it two weeks! Is there a simple fix to this? -- newbie at large! Hi A formula will always return 0 if it's refering to an empty cell. This formula will let the cell look empty if no...

exchange store backup problem
I have a job slotted for every night. It does the following 1. ntbackup server state to a backup file A on harddriv 2. ntbackup exchange store to a backup file B on harddriv 3. ntbackup entire server (excluding server state and exchange store) to 8mm mammouth driv This works great most of the time. My problem is, about once a week when it gets mid way through step 2 the server will just shutdown. It almost feels like a hardware problem but that it does not do it all the time. In fact it did it this last weekend and that was the first time it had done it in about 3-4 weeks.. but ...

Exchange doesnt start at boot up problem.
Hi well here we go today for some reason exchange stopped and i mean totally we found out that asp and iis had totally disappeared?. So we re-install them and then re ran exchange with the disaster recovery switch. And everything seemed fine but how wrong i am. Ok so here we go:- Around 50 % of the users get an error message after send and recive 0x80040111 they recieve and send emails but the error appears these users are unable to send email through owa either. All other users are unaffected except for mac users using entourage they are unable to do anything at all (pop3). Also GFI stop...

Symantec Gateway Security 360 with Win2000/Exchange Server
Exchange Server was not changed Windows 2000 Small Business Server was not changed New Cisco 1841 Router New Symantec Gateway Security 360. All outbound email is functioning properly except email sent to a few domains, ie: AOL. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: XXXXXXXXXX Sent: 2/17/07 12:06 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xxxxxxxxxxxx@aol.com on 2/19/07 12:18 PM Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <servername.com #4.4.7> any ideas of how the SGS-360 needs ...

Copying inbox from one account to another on exchange 2003
Hi I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is there a way to do that? I tried copying to the public folder then copying from public to new account - but the dates changed to todays date for all emails! Any thoughts? Use PSTs. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Ali" <Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67F087A-39D7-4DBA-947D-F20F63574952@microsoft.com... > Hi > I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is > t...

OL2007+Exchange: Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...!
I'm seeing a very strange issue with my Outlook2007 (against Exchange)... Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...! Steps: 1. Send an email. Sent email gets saved under Outlook's default "Mailbox\SentItems" folder. 2. Go to that SentItems folder, and move the mail to another folder (let's say "Foobar") under your inbox. 3. Go to "Foobar", make sure mail is still there. 4. Let Outlook Sync up with Exchange server (or hit "Send and Receive"). 5. You will notice that the mail disappears... ! I did a full text search in my ...

How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange 2003 ?
How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange 2003 ? (make BCC field unvalible) In news:u6NrOZiyFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, RikS <riks.tw@yahoo.com.tw> typed: > How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange > 2003 ? (make BCC field unvalible) Don't know how you'd do this offhand, but I wouldn't. If users are misusing BCC, educate them, and make this an HR issue. It really isn't a technical one. HI Riks go to new mail over there on toolbar u will be getting option in that opti...

upgrading to exchange 2003 07-09-04
Hello, We are upgrading to exchange 2003 from exchange 2000. What do we need to do to keep our crm 1.2 working? Thanks Might be necessary to re-install the CRM email router on the exchange server once you've completed the upgrade. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >We are upgrading to exchange 2003 from exchange 2000. >What do we need to do to keep our crm 1.2 working? > >Thanks >. > ok, thanks >-----Original Message----- >Might be necessary to re-install the CRM email router on >the exchange server once you've completed the upgrade. >...

OPOS Line Display Service Object
Hi, I am a newbie in OPOS. I am developing a service object for OPOS line display. When trying to use it through the MonroeCS CO control (OPOSLineDisplay.ocx, version OposCCOs-1_11_001), Open gives code 104 (=OPOS_E_NOSERVICE), and get_OpenResult() gives code 305 (=OPOS_OR_BADIF). What these return codes really means ? In Control Programmer's Guide (OLE for Retail POS, Release 1.6) this is said in page 18, item 5: CLIP --> .... (This ensures that the Service Object supports at least the minimum methods of a valid Service Object for the device class, before calling any of its methods...

SMTP account SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC.......
Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called: SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0}) I dont know what this is? Is this a system mailbox? If not, how did it get there and how can I get rid of it? The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator". Very strange. any help will be appreciated. thanks, john I found the answer here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252341 "john Smith" <smith@fakedomain.com> wrote in message new...

Exchange 5.5 migration
I have SBS NT4 1*PDC with Exch. 5.5 i need upradge to W2K with AC,DNS,Exch. 5.5. Its possible use Active Directory Migration Tool + install Active Drirectory Connector for transfer from PDC to W2K ? What is good idea ? Thanks in advance "Mig45" <mig45@volny.cz> wrote: >I have SBS NT4 1*PDC with Exch. 5.5 i need upradge to W2K with AC,DNS,Exch. >5.5. > >Its possible use Active Directory Migration Tool + install Active Drirectory >Connector for transfer from PDC to W2K ? > >What is good idea ? > > > >Thanks in advance > I think the bes...