Exchange 5.5 IMS - getting host unreachables sending to DLs

The mailboxes within the DL are legacy and setup to autoforward to another
domain. I get "host unreachable" within the IMS que. If type the FQDN to the
external receipent it works fine. Does anyone have any ideas?
Ive already ran isinteg & eseutil.
0
Gary103 (266)

Host unreachable indicated the IMS tried to find the host for user@abc.com
but can't find the host. Run the Nslookup utility from the Exchange server
and see what kind of records DNS is sending back to Exchange. A sample
Nslookup can be found in the following article:

150114 XFOR: IMC Doesn't Appear to Use All Mail Exchangers
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=150114

Thanks,
Fitz Crittle

Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup

"Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The mailboxes within the DL are legacy and setup to autoforward to another
> domain. I get "host unreachable" within the IMS que. If type the FQDN to
> the
> external receipent it works fine. Does anyone have any ideas?
> Ive already ran isinteg & eseutil.

0
fitzcrit (97)

Getting control IS in Active X controls
The common recipee is to use m_dwControlId=::GetWindowLong(m_hWnd,GWL_ID) m_dwControlId=::GetDlgCtrlID(m_hWnd) both return 0 So what can be done ...

Drop-down list #5

can't send or receive emails

How can I get 32-bit Integers?

INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS
INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS - www.InternetMillionDollars.biz Watch the VIDEO on YOUTUBE... NOW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXQUjk5EGV0 MAKE MONEY INSTANTLY using 2007 featured INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS as a resource. WORK FROM HOME HOMEBASED JOBS AND IDEAS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY Professor James Bradley's "Quick and real way to make BIG MONEY on the Internet!" The Independent Finally you have FOUND IT! Make a FORTUNE each month... .... every month! 100% ON AUTOPILOT Read it NOW and CHANGE YOUR LIFE! Are you fed up with being short of MONEY all the time? Do you DREAM about a...

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Offline Folders #5
I am trying to get an outlook client setup so that it automatically opens offline without prompting the user. Does anyone know if this is possible, if so how to do it. Thanks Phil pearson In the properties of the e-mail account (Tools, Options, Mail Setup, E-mail Accounts, View or Change existing e- mail accounts) if this is an Exchange e-mail account, highlight it and hit Change, then More Settings. Select Manually Control Connection State, then select Work Offline and Use Dialup Networking. This should give you the desired effect. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying ...

how do i send an e_mail from outlook?
please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? gholinezhad wrote: > please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? Is this real? Click on "New", write your mail and then click "Send" ...

Re: teach me how to send friends email

Mail will not Send/Receive automatically
I have outlook set up to send/receive every minute but it suddenly stopped doing so. Anyone have ideas why? Robin Several. For starters, a one minute polling interval is just nuts. It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working. In general, here are the reasons automatic polling might fail in Outlook: 1. You have created an unrealistic po...

no access to send internet email

Moving Exchange #5

how do you get a landscape page?
Please help, desperate! If you are using 2010, Page Design tab, Size, More pre-set page sizes. Letter landscape is the first choice. In all other Publisher versions landscape will be on the page setup screen found in the File menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "becky.x" <becky.x@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25D3EDBC-93EF-4582-94B2-83C9CE121E17@microsoft.com... > Please help, desperate! ...

request to solve my problem #5

Backing Up Exchange Database

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

getting started
I'm installing office 2003, outlook, I'm lost from server type to URL address to server info? I have sbc yahoo dsl. can you help me? damselindistress <damselindistress@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm installing office 2003, outlook, I'm lost from server type to URL > address to server info? I have sbc yahoo dsl. can you help me? When you obtained your packet from SBC, they included all that information. Moreover, it's in the Help section of SBC Yahoo's site. The most likely settings are "pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com" for the incoming serv...

Troubleshooting Exchange
I'm just wanting to write some 'proof of concept' scripts relating to Exchange that would help in troubleshooting any issues. Like the Exchange connections/second, etc. Are there any other qualitative data that can be used in general troubleshooting? Marco ...