Exchange 5.5 Hotfix 293836 and November 2003 Rollup

Does anyone know if the hotfix identified in KB 293836 (excessive
scanning in ESE) is included in the November 2004 Update Rollup?  The
version # of the store.exe is newer in the November rollup but it does
not explicitly state in the fix list that it is included.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge!

Julie

MOS Excel Expert 2003
Pls let me know where I can get free practice questions/answers for MOS Excel Expert 2003 exam from the web. I'm sure a search (Google, Yahoo!, MSN, etc.) will turn up some good sources. I used the books published by Microsoft and marked as "Learning Series" such as the Step-By-Step books to study up for all of the exams - scored better than 90% on all of them. If you have access to Skillsoft (Thompson NetG) on-line courses, they are also an excellent aid to making it through the tests. IIRC, the two Excel 2003 courses they offer damned near taught the test. JLatham MO...

match duplicate data in rows and columns in Excel 2003
I have a large spreadsheet with numerous columns & rows. In column C are patient ID#'s. In column AK are patient claim $ amounts. Some of these patients are listed twice or three times with different $ amounts. I copy'd this worksheet to a new tab and sorted by claims over $250k in column AK and deleted rows less than $250k. But I see that some of these same patients have smaller $ amounts that were missed in the 250k sort. I want to match patients on the two wkshts together- the patients with above $250k claims to the same patients with claims less than $250k,...

Adjust the tolerance for matching downloaded transactions -- Money 2003
Hi. I've shot myself in the foot a couple of times by accepting downloaded transactions that Money marked as probable matches. Only they weren't matches, and in one case, it tried to match (and altered the amount of!!) a reconciled transaction. How do I either (1) tell money not to match against reconciled transactions (2) not to match transactions with different values, (3) both ?? thanks! -alan On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:35:42 -0800, "Alan" <redmondman@aol.com> wrote: >Hi. > >I've shot myself in the foot a couple of times by accepting downloaded >t...

Exchange queue growing?
Hello, Our company has Windows2k and Exchange2k. Our queue is constantly growing with retries. I have made sure we are not an open relay. What else can I do to check? Bill What are the queus that are growing in size ?? "Bill" wrote: > Hello, > > Our company has Windows2k and Exchange2k. Our queue is constantly growing > with retries. I have made sure we are not an open relay. What else can I do > to check? > > Bill > > > There are a lot of retires in the queues. "Rahul" <Rahul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Where do I find the Public Folders on EX2007 "Exchange Managment Console"
In the process of upgrading from Ex2003 to Ex2007 - I have set all my Public folders to replicate to the EX2007 server (Via the EX2003 Exchange System Manager) - where do I find the public folders in the Ex2007 Exchange Management Console? Once my Exchange 2003 server is removed, I won't be able to access them through that! Thanks! On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:14:49 +0100, "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote: >In the process of upgrading from Ex2003 to Ex2007 - I have set all my Public >folders to replicate to the EX2007 server (Via the EX2003 Exchange System ...

SBS 2003 VPN Frustration!
Hi all, I hope someone here can help. I saw a similar post that someone here was able to solve so I'm pinning my hopes on that. Let me try and provide as much information as possible. SIMPLIFIED I'm trying to setup the software VPN on the SBS so that remote users can be connected in to the server (so they can use local Outlook Exchange, can access the shared data folders on the main office server, etc). Testing this setup on our own system, I can connect into the server using VPN but cannot access anything on the network. DETAILED 1. I ran the "Configure...

Is there anything in excel 2003 like the flight simulator in excel
Nothing that is listed at www.eeggs.com HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "theoekiwi" <theoekiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:503DB514-6E2D-45C7-9080-76FE80E74D65@microsoft.com... > ...

Publisher 2003 #29
In my old version of Publisher when I pasted text (control-v or right click) it would go into an existing text box. Now with my new Publisher 2003 the copied text creates a new text box. The only way to do what the old Publisher did is to go to: menue PASTE SPECIAL and formatted text. Is there a way to paste without creating a new text box? Nope. (I don't like that either but.............) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Len41" <Len41@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E84796-2B7F-4BB0-B695-06AB282ABD2E@microsoft.com... > In my old...

Stability problems with Outlook 2003 beta 2
Anyone had any problems? it just keeps crashing on me every 1-2 minutes and re-install etc has no effect :( Any suggestions? Ian. Did you install the business contact manager? (this piece causes issues for outlook 2003 beta 2) -- Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Ian" <ian@x-generation.co.uk> wrote in message news:029201c3969a$70c8e590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone had any problems? it just keeps crashing on me > every 1-2 minutes and re-install etc has no effect :( Any > suggestions? > > Ian. How do ...

exchange iis will not bind on port80
Hi I have a problem with Exchange 2000, I am trying to set up OWA, when my Exchange server was originally installed I had no problems with the default website binding to port 80,But now after removing CSMailsweeper for exchange my default web site will not start unless I change the port to 8080. at the moment I just get the event id 11 any help would be welcome Thanks In news:7DEE3333-3D3B-4D55-A11F-F3E129A8E787@microsoft.com, rhill52 <richard_hill52@hotmail.com> typed: > Hi I have a problem with Exchange 2000, I am trying to set up OWA, > when my Exchange server was original...

exchange calendar update tool v2
Hi all, I unintall the tool v1 and try to install exchange calendar update tool v2. I just can not get it installed as it asks me to uninstall v1 which I removed it already. I reboot the machine and sstill same. Can anyone help me? Another way, what's the easy way to grant the user "send as"permission to all mailboxes to run this tool? Thank you. John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >I unintall the tool v1 and try to install exchange calendar update tool v2. >I just can not get it installed as it asks me to uninstall v1 which I re...

Outlook 2003 sends mail but does not receive.
I have a dell laptop and two different connections on it. The DSL connection when at home and a dialup when traveling. I have upgraded from office 2000 to 2003 and for some technical reasons Office had to be removed and reinstalled three times. Now sudently I cannot receive anymore messages. With OLX everything is fine but OL2003 sends but not receive. -- (�`�.��.���`�.��.->YmK<-.��.���`�.��.���) Yaacov Klapisch VB/Access Programmer - System Admin. y@klapisch.net Do you get an error when you try to receive within Outlook? "YmK" <y@klapisch.net> wrote in message n...

Outlook 2003 and archiving
I have Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2003. I have never archived my Outlook e-mail; I use it for personal e-mail and don't have much. But, when prompted to archive the other day, I finally said "yes" to auto-archive. However, my "Archive Folders" folder that was created when this autoarchive ran does not contain any of my old e-mails! It only contains subfolders named Deleted Items, Sent Items, and Search Folders -- no "Inbox" or any of the other folders I should have and no e-mail within them. What's going on? What folders do you have set for a...

Exchange
I'm setting up a new Exchange 2003 serve. The boss gave me the OK to spend the money. Which RAID solution has the best performance for Exchange? RAID 1 or 5? Thanks Jeff Raid 5 for sure. ITs also best practice to split your OS, Transaction logs and Exchange DBs onto different RAID arrays (Raid 1 is fine for OS, RAID 5 for transaction and db files) "Jeff" wrote: > I'm setting up a new Exchange 2003 serve. The boss gave me the OK to spend > the money. Which RAID solution has the best performance for Exchange? RAID 1 > or 5? > > Thanks > Jeff > ...

Exchange Best Practice Error
I installed the new best practice tool and ran a health check. The report says that the server could not be contacted. I ran the tool from the exchange server, the server is a DC, and the remote registry is running anyway. Any Ideas? DNS resolves good ECT. -- Chris Millette Network Administrator Community Bank & Trust "Millette" <Millette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I installed the new best practice tool and ran a health check. The report >says that the server could not be contacted. I ran the tool from the exchange >server, the server is a DC, and t...

exchange 2007 front end
Hello all I have setup Exchange 2007 running with only the CAS role, and i also have a server with the mailbox, HUB rooles isntalled, andi have my exchange 2003 server running. Now if a user goes to webmail.mydomain.com/OWA and this users mailbox is on the 2003 server they get an error that says the server couldnt find the mailbox (webmail points to the CAS) if the same user goes to webmail.mydomain.com/exchange they can log in no problem. How can i set the CAS serevr up so users who have mailboxes on the 2003 server dont have to specify /Exchange and i assume I would need to do the s...

Hiding rows #5
We would like to be able to enter a value in a cell and if it meets our predefined criteria the entire row would automatically hide. Is this possible in excel? Thanks You can use and event procedure to do this (see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm for more info about events). Right click the sheet tab and choose View Code. In the VBA code module that appears, paste the following code: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then 'change cell as desired If Target.Value > 10 Then ' change criteria as desired ...

VSS and Exchange
Hi all can I move the exchange store to a disk that is using Volume Shadow Copy? Is there any interaction between the two? Thanks VSS doesn't work on Exchange unless you are using a compatible VSS backup provider. So, if your backup provider is not compatible, the Exchange stores simply won't be included in the snapshot (as I understand it). Check with your backup vendor (this may include certain types of SAN and NAS snapshot technology) to see if they support Exchange. The Volume Shadow Copy Service that's built in to Windows will not work. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange M...

2003 publisher?
Is there a free program of 2003 publisher I can download to my computer? Sexylady55 wrote: > Is there a free program of 2003 > publisher I can download to my > computer? ==================== No...the free trial has been discontinued for the 2003 version. Maybe you could try the 2007 version? Try the 2007 Microsoft Office system http://us1.trymicrosoftoffice.com/default.aspx?culture=en-US (scroll down to: Microsoft� Office Publisher 2007 -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Not...

Landscape print problem with outlook 2003 and Vista
Hi there, I have two Vista Business clients with the same problem. When I try to print from outlook 2003 SP2 in landscape orientation, the first page is incompleted while the rests are ok. I have tried to change printer and also printer drivers but I receive the same output in all cases. Is there a known issue with Vista and Outlook 2003? Someone could help me? Thanks in advance Daniele Sorry, I can't help you, but I am having the same problem Fresh install of winXP, o2ksbe, IE8: Ran "microsoft update" until my fingers are bleeding. When I go to print an email from outl...

outlook xp AND outlook 2003
I've upgraded to Office 2003, but I still see 483 MB of Outlook XP in the Add/Remove programs list. There is no such thing as Outlook XP. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, rrose selavy asked: | I've upgraded to Office 2003, but I still see 483 MB of Outlook XP in | the Add/Remove programs list. OK...how about OUTLOOK that comes as part of OFFICE XP...aka OFFICE 2002? Without any furious head scrat...

Exchange 2k3, Outlook 2k3, PoP3 Failures
As a request to a user, I started the PoP3 service on an exchange 2k3 enterprise server today. I verified operation with outlook express and had no trouble, however I am unable to make this work with Outlook 2k3. Testing the account settings within the "add account" wizard shows no problems with PoP or SMTP. I am able to send through the smtp server with no problems. When i send several test mesages to this account and then try to download them with PoP3 in Outlook, it looks as though it's downloading the mesgs, but they never show up anywhere in the selected datafile, be it...

2003 insisting on using US Date Format
There I was, plodding along, setting up a flowchart. I was just about to hit print, when I noticed that the dates were set to US format (which could have caused real confusion, had it been yesterday or earlier!) My entire system is set to UK - including the Office Global Language settings. Is this a known issue with Visio - I seem to recall something similar with FrontPage a couple of versions ago where it would only spell check in American English (irrespective of what flavour of English the system was using). This doesn't reflect well on me when I'm trying to put together a profess...

Outlook 2003 Won't Send/Receive
I installed Outlook 2003. I cannot get it to download mail from the server Inbox to the Personal Folders on clicking Send/Receive or waiting for it to Send/Receive automatically. It worked when it was first installed, then stopped working. I have to drag the mail from the Mailbox Inbox to the Personal Folders Inbox if I want it there. I have tried every setting I could think of. Recreated profile. It worked without a problem in Outlook 2000. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks What sort of mail account(s) do you have? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provide...

Help Just applied August Post SP Rollup Exchange 2000 "To" Button not working
I have just applied the August Post SP3 Rollup on two of my exchange servers. On the two that were patched I am not able to click the "To" button and open the GAL. One the two servers that were not upgraded I am still able to open the GAL using OWA. I'm able to type a name in the "to" field and it is able to resolve the name however when I try to send the message it never gets delivered and a new window opens. Any Ideas? I don't know that this has anything to do with the rollup package. The symptoms you are seeing typically occur when clients are unable to co...