Exchange 5.5 <-> Exchange 2000 cannot rebuild ADC

I have two servers, one is Exchange 5.5, one is Exchange 2000.  They
are normally connected via the ADC.  However, occasionally, these
servers will lose sync, and the only previous recourse was a reboot,
and a rebuilding of the ADC.  Required a bit of extra "manpower", but
it got the job done.

So, we went through and tried it again to fix a problem, and now we
cannot get the  ADC back up.  When I try to set the destination or
source for the ADC to place/get information to/from the Exchange 5.5
system,  I get the following error:

"The Exchange server specified does not meet the minimum requirements.
 Please specify an Exchange 5.5 server with Service Pack 1 or later,
or an Exchange 2000 server with a Site Replication Service enabled.

ID no: c103aa12
Microsoft Active Directory Connector Management"

The exchange server is NT 4.0 SP6, and Exchange 5.5 SP4.  Win2k server
is most current of each SP as well.

Any ideas of what to look for?  I'm pulling my hair out here.
0
rotinom (1)
11/23/2004 6:14:56 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

4 Replies
486 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 37

Dave,

What version of store.exe is running on the Exchange 5.5 server?  If you go 
to your Exchange 2000 server is the Microsoft Exchange Site Replication 
Service running on it?

I don't understand what you mean by "However, occasionally, these servers 
will lose sync, and the only previous recourse was a reboot, and a 
rebuilding of the ADC."  Do you mean you backed out entirely of E2K in your 
5.5 environment and you cleaned up AD such that the objects no longer 
existed in AD and then reinstalled the ADC and you are now you are 
rebuilding the Connection Agreements?

At any rate, ensure that you have a Configuration Connection agreement as 
well as the recipient connection agreements.  From the error message either 
you are not really on SP1 or later of Exchange 5.5 or your SRS is not 
running.

-- 
Hope that helps,
Jaclynn Hiranaka
Microsoft Exchange Advisory Support Engineer

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.

"Dave" <rotinom@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:632318b.0411231014.4f7fe2e8@posting.google.com...
>I have two servers, one is Exchange 5.5, one is Exchange 2000.  They
> are normally connected via the ADC.  However, occasionally, these
> servers will lose sync, and the only previous recourse was a reboot,
> and a rebuilding of the ADC.  Required a bit of extra "manpower", but
> it got the job done.
>
> So, we went through and tried it again to fix a problem, and now we
> cannot get the  ADC back up.  When I try to set the destination or
> source for the ADC to place/get information to/from the Exchange 5.5
> system,  I get the following error:
>
> "The Exchange server specified does not meet the minimum requirements.
> Please specify an Exchange 5.5 server with Service Pack 1 or later,
> or an Exchange 2000 server with a Site Replication Service enabled.
>
> ID no: c103aa12
> Microsoft Active Directory Connector Management"
>
> The exchange server is NT 4.0 SP6, and Exchange 5.5 SP4.  Win2k server
> is most current of each SP as well.
>
> Any ideas of what to look for?  I'm pulling my hair out here. 


0
jaclynnh (94)
11/23/2004 10:29:02 PM
(Note: This is the same "Dave" as who started the thread)

Some additional background information that I should have shared previously. 
The two servers are configured as both members in the Exchange Organization. 
They are physcially separated and connected via a VPN link over the 
Internet.  This connection has been in place for approximately 4 years, and 
we've had nothing but trouble with it.  (Don't blame me for the poor design 
decision(s))

The servers are physically and politically separated, as they belong to two 
organizations.  The 5.5 server admin states that the version of store.exe 
is:

5.5 2653.23
value service pack 4

Microsoft Exchange Site Replication Service is running

RE: "lose sync" comment I made, I meant that for whatever reason, the 
recipient policy would not be able to replicat to/from the Exchange 5.5 
server and the Exchange 2k server.  The only remedy that we found was to 
remove the Connection Agreement, and re-create a new one.  This would permit 
the appropriate replication to occur, and except for a few side-effects, it 
worked OK.

The connector was working until about wednesday of last week.  Members of 
both organizations can still email each other, but new mailboxes are having 
issues due to no replication.

QUESTION:
Is there a way to get better diagnostic output from the Connection Agreement 
setup screen, or can I update to a newer version of the ADC (from say 
Exchange 2k3) to get better functionality?


-------------------------
"Jaclynn Hiranaka [MSFT]" <jaclynnh@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:eNmWWva0EHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Dave,
>
> What version of store.exe is running on the Exchange 5.5 server?  If you 
> go to your Exchange 2000 server is the Microsoft Exchange Site Replication 
> Service running on it?
>
> I don't understand what you mean by "However, occasionally, these servers 
> will lose sync, and the only previous recourse was a reboot, and a 
> rebuilding of the ADC."  Do you mean you backed out entirely of E2K in 
> your 5.5 environment and you cleaned up AD such that the objects no longer 
> existed in AD and then reinstalled the ADC and you are now you are 
> rebuilding the Connection Agreements?
>
> At any rate, ensure that you have a Configuration Connection agreement as 
> well as the recipient connection agreements.  From the error message 
> either you are not really on SP1 or later of Exchange 5.5 or your SRS is 
> not running.
>
> -- 
> Hope that helps,
> Jaclynn Hiranaka
> Microsoft Exchange Advisory Support Engineer
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
> rights.
> Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.
> 

0
Dave
11/24/2004 7:16:30 PM
Dave,

Are you saying that the Exchange 5.5 server and Exchange 2000 server are in 
two separate Exchange organizations?  If so is the connection agreement you 
are using interorg?

You can turn up diagnostics logging for the ADC.  Go to the ADC server and 
bring up the ADC manager.  Highlight the "Active Directory Connector 
(servername)" in the left hand pane and bring up the properties.  Go to the 
diagnostics logging tab and turn up logging.

If you are in two separate orgs you should have an interorg connection 
agreement that creates contacts in the opposite organization.  Perhaps when 
you tried to recreate the connection agreement it was not made as an 
interorg agreement.

-- 
Hope that helps,
Jaclynn Hiranaka
Microsoft Exchange Advisory Support Engineer

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.

"Dave Weber" <rotinom [at] gmail [dot] com> wrote in message 
news:OaednQT_6Y-OQzncUSdV9g@ptd.net...
> (Note: This is the same "Dave" as who started the thread)
>
> Some additional background information that I should have shared 
> previously. The two servers are configured as both members in the Exchange 
> Organization. They are physcially separated and connected via a VPN link 
> over the Internet.  This connection has been in place for approximately 4 
> years, and we've had nothing but trouble with it.  (Don't blame me for the 
> poor design decision(s))
>
> The servers are physically and politically separated, as they belong to 
> two organizations.  The 5.5 server admin states that the version of 
> store.exe is:
>
> 5.5 2653.23
> value service pack 4
>
> Microsoft Exchange Site Replication Service is running
>
> RE: "lose sync" comment I made, I meant that for whatever reason, the 
> recipient policy would not be able to replicat to/from the Exchange 5.5 
> server and the Exchange 2k server.  The only remedy that we found was to 
> remove the Connection Agreement, and re-create a new one.  This would 
> permit the appropriate replication to occur, and except for a few 
> side-effects, it worked OK.
>
> The connector was working until about wednesday of last week.  Members of 
> both organizations can still email each other, but new mailboxes are 
> having issues due to no replication.
>
> QUESTION:
> Is there a way to get better diagnostic output from the Connection 
> Agreement setup screen, or can I update to a newer version of the ADC 
> (from say Exchange 2k3) to get better functionality?
>
>
> -------------------------
> "Jaclynn Hiranaka [MSFT]" <jaclynnh@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:eNmWWva0EHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Dave,
>>
>> What version of store.exe is running on the Exchange 5.5 server?  If you 
>> go to your Exchange 2000 server is the Microsoft Exchange Site 
>> Replication Service running on it?
>>
>> I don't understand what you mean by "However, occasionally, these servers 
>> will lose sync, and the only previous recourse was a reboot, and a 
>> rebuilding of the ADC."  Do you mean you backed out entirely of E2K in 
>> your 5.5 environment and you cleaned up AD such that the objects no 
>> longer existed in AD and then reinstalled the ADC and you are now you are 
>> rebuilding the Connection Agreements?
>>
>> At any rate, ensure that you have a Configuration Connection agreement as 
>> well as the recipient connection agreements.  From the error message 
>> either you are not really on SP1 or later of Exchange 5.5 or your SRS is 
>> not running.
>>
>> -- 
>> Hope that helps,
>> Jaclynn Hiranaka
>> Microsoft Exchange Advisory Support Engineer
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
>> rights.
>> Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.
>>
> 


0
jaclynnh (94)
11/24/2004 11:41:58 PM
(Sorry that it took so long to reply, thanksgiving holiday in the states)

Comments inline

"Jaclynn Hiranaka [MSFT]" <jaclynnh@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:%233Gry8n0EHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Dave,
>
> Are you saying that the Exchange 5.5 server and Exchange 2000 server are 
> in two separate Exchange organizations?  If so is the connection agreement 
> you are using interorg?

Both servers are in the same Exchange organization.  It was a poor design 
choice, but it is what we're stuck with

> You can turn up diagnostics logging for the ADC.  Go to the ADC server and 
> bring up the ADC manager.  Highlight the "Active Directory Connector 
> (servername)" in the left hand pane and bring up the properties.  Go to 
> the diagnostics logging tab and turn up logging.

I  enhanced the diagnostics logging already, and the process for setting up 
a connection agreement does not generate any diagnostics logging from what I 
can tell (from looking at the event viewer)

> If you are in two separate orgs you should have an interorg connection 
> agreement that creates contacts in the opposite organization.  Perhaps 
> when you tried to recreate the connection agreement it was not made as an 
> interorg agreement.
> -- 
> Hope that helps,
> Jaclynn Hiranaka
> Microsoft Exchange Advisory Support Engineer
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
> rights.
> Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.
> 

0
Dave
11/29/2004 1:32:17 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How can I open a file saved in Pub 2000 version 6 in Pub 2000 ver.
The file is saved in Publisher 2000 v6 and I am trying to open it with Publisher 2000 v9. can this be done? Hi LaTrice (LaTrice @discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || The file is saved in Publisher 2000 v6 and I am trying to open it || with Publisher 2000 v9. can this be done? No. There is no such thing as Publisher 2000 v9, nor is there a version 9 of Publisher, yet. Verify the version of Publisher that you have, and also verify the version of Publisher that you received the file from then post back. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publi...

forwarding in Exchange 2003 #2
I configured the server (Exchange 2003) to forward a user��s emails to test@xyz.com. It is very strange that all messages sent from xyz.com are rejected (please see the sample NDR below), there is not problem to other domains. test@xyz.com did not receive the message while the envelope recipient (admin@abc.com) did. Does anyone know how to solve this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. SC -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Your message To: admin@abc.com S...

help installing exchange 2000 in one of 3 sites
I have a domain cotoso.com installed and configured as AD for 3 companies interlinked together. and + a total of 3 DC in 3 different sites that are connected by VPN. i have exchange installed in each site connected on the same domain contoso.Local(+ E-mail -->contoso.com) + hosting their own companie domain name such as x.com or y.co or z.com for each company. I have a routing link configured + 3 administrative groups in exchange system manger for each company. one DC in one site that also has exchange 2000 installed on it has to be changed because of poor performance. now i'm ...

Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Migration Question: No ADC??
Hello all: I have an environment where I need do do an Exch 5.5 to 2003 Migration. The domain has already been migrated from NT4 to 2003. The only thing is, is that there is no Active Directory Connector setup anywhere in the environment. That leads me to my first question I guess. How is this possible that Exch 5.5 is even working with AD? In terms of upgrading, what would recommendations be? It is a single Site. I was thinking about bringing up a new Exch 2003 server, and using "Move Mailbox" to the new exch server. Replicate all the necessary public folders, decomission the old ...

Restore Exchange 5.5 on 2000 using ArcServe
I've got - Windows NT 4 Server SP6 - Exchange 5.5 SP3 - ArcServeIT 6.61 with Exchange Agent I'm trying to restore the Exchange information (database, mailbox... everything) on another computer. That computer has - Windows 2000 Server SP4 - Exchange 2000 - Brighstore ArcServe 9 (build 2020) with Exchange Agent ------------------- Now the situation: I need to verify that the backup was made correctly (entirely) in order to confirm the total validity of the backup (to validate my disaster recovery plan) and to update to SP4. I tried to find documentation with both Microsoft (for Ex...

Publisher 2000 changes default font
Having loaded Publisher 2000 onto a Win98 m/c I have discovered fonts used by Groupwise have changed. This implies that P2000 has changed the default font somewhere - any ideas please? How do I change the fonts in GroupWise http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10061270.htm -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1be4401c45220$f2b1b4a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Having loaded Publisher 2000 onto a Win98 m/c I have > discover...

copy of exchange 2000
I don't suppose microsoft is providing Exchange 2000 as a free download anywhere are they?? Until we can afford to move up to SBS 2008 (hopefully later this year), I want to trash our SBS 2000 (too many issues with it) and simply install a win2k server with Exchange until we can move on. We are not using any of the other SBS components any longer anyway... If anyone knows where I might be able to get this from, I would be very appreciative! Thanks, Brad Why not look at BPOS? $10 per user a month it's a great inexpensive solution. You may find you do not ne...

Deleted exchange 5.5 site not replicating over the ADC to Exchange 2000 side
We are a part of a shared Exchange 5.5 organization but our site is primarily Exchange 2000/2k3. We maintain a single 5.5 server as the rest of the Org is 5.5. The problem we are seeing is when the folks who control the Organization at the top level remove a site that is no longer used, that deletion is not carrying over the CONFIG_CA agreement to the Exchange 2000/AD side. Our Exchange 5.5 server executes the deletion with no issue. Any ideas on why this deletion is not replicating properly over the ADC and throught the SRS database? In the past we have manually removed the sites/recipie...

cannot uninstall Exchange 2000
Just finished a migration from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2000, and I'm not able to uninstall Exchange 2000 from the old server to demote it gracefully. I realize I can manually uninstall, but I'm trying to avoid that if possible to keep it clean. The error I'm getting is: Setup encountered an error while checking prerequisites for the component "Microsoft Exchange 2000": 0x80072030 (8240): There is no such object on the server. The bottom portion of the log is: [05:51:15] Entering CCompDomainPrep::ScGetEffectiveMode [05:51:15] Leaving CCompDomainPrep::...

Exchange SP2 #5
I'm going to install SP2 for Exchange 2003 which is on my SBS2003. Is there anything i should know / do before I install? Thanks Damien 1. Read the Release Notes. http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/b/5/fb5c54af-fe5c-48e9-be97-f9e8207325ab/Ex_2003_SP2_RelNotes.htm 2. If you ever installed IMF v1, uninstall it. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Damien" <no@emailplease.com> wrote in message news:nS%fh.423965$E_2.65239@fe03.news.easynews.com... > I&...

Conversion from Outlook 2000 to 2003
Currently using Outlook 2000. I am planning on getting a new computer and it will have Outlook 2003 contained on it. How do I save my "data" files (active as well as archive) so I can resume using them with my new computer? Thanks in advance for any help. -- Have a great day, except you spammers To email, remove the obvious ....... On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:10:00 -1000, Les <lester123_nospam@att.net> wrote: > Currently using Outlook 2000. I am planning on getting a new computer > and > it will have Outlook 2003 contained on it. How do I save my "data&qu...

Auto Response with Exchange 5.5
I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated response go back. But I can't setup rules inside of outlook and keep it attached to the server I would like to make some sort of server side rule if possible?? Any suggestions? Thanks, BiG On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:09:59 -0400, bigdogg <bigdogg33_2000@yahoo.com> wrote: >I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when >someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated >response go back. But I can't ...

Covert v. 2000 -> v. 2.0
Heelo All after serious cooruption we recover dmb file with Ontrac tools to v. 2000 but application are for v 2.0 are is possible conversion to v. 2.0 thanks Ervins ...

Mounting exchange 2000 public folder store on exchange 2003
I have been told that this is not best practice we have gone ahead and done this we where having a great deal of difficulty getting the public folders to replicate. The public folder mail box was incorrectly named I used ADSIedit to change the mail box name in AD but this didn't work. So in the end we went for a dirty fix (users had lost access to public folders for one day already) and dismounted then copied the exchange 2000 public databases to the 2003 box and mounted them there with apparent success. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this? Can I expect this s...

Print Vertical Banner in Pub 2000
Is it possible to print a vertically oriented banner with Publisher 2000? I have made many horizontally oriented banners, and would like to attempt a vertically oriented one. Any tips? Help... ...

Foreign Exchange
With Excel 2003, is there a way to have a cell automatically update th foreign exchange rate of yen to British pounds from the internet, an then use that cell to do calculations -- peterthistl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- peterthistle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2892 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48664 Here's something to get you started: Open a new workbook On Sheet1, enter the following: A1: FromCurrency B1: CAD A2: ToCurrency B2: USD A3: FromAmount B3...

Consulta Exchange 5.5 Mails con fondo
Estimados: Alguien sabe si es posible configurar un servidor Exchange 5.5 para que los mails enviados salgan con un fondo (bacground) predeterminado? Gracias. ...

Exchange Stops Working
Hello. MY SETUP: 1. Primary server named STECNICIL (THIS HAS WINDOWS 2003 ENTERPRISE SERVER) 2. Secondary server name TEC-EXCHNG (THIS IS THE EXCHANGE SBS SERVER 2003) All the user connect through STECNICIL to get internet and every other service... All users connect to TEC-EXCHNG to get their email through OUTLOOK 2003. MY PROBLEM: I don't know what's going on but approximatly every 30mn to 1 hour, the connections between the clients and the EXCHANGE SERVER stops working. No more email for clients after that period of time. I have restart the server and restart the EXCH...

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...
I installed the SP2 for exchange 2003 server tonight, and I'm getting some problems. I added the registry key to increase the DB size to 30GB per the instructions, but I don't get a confirmation in eventid 1216 as it says I should. In fact, the message in eventid 1216 looks mised up. See insert: The Exchange store '16384' is limited to First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (ATL-SBS) GB. The current physical size of this database (the ..edb file and the .stm file) is %3 GB. If the physical size of this database minus its logical free space exceeds the limit of First Storage Gro...

Active Directory/Exchange problem
All, Before I joined my current employer the admin here upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000(Box A) and then added another Exchange 2000 box to the organisation(Box B)and migrated the data in Box A to Box B. Box B is now the working exchange server and Box A is no longer used. The problem is that if I actually shut down Box A I can add a new user to Active Directory but I am unable to modify a users email/smtp details. All mail can still be transferred with no problems which would lead me to believe that Exchange is Ok but there is some sort of Active Directory link between the two bo...

change exchange name suffix
Hi We need to change our exchange server 'name' suffix. The situation is that we have a local DNS domain 'bs.si' where all our company computers and server are (Win2k srv AD) We have also external domain 'bs-group.si' that is also for delivering mail (mx record). The Exchange server name is 'posta' Now when someone connects to Exchange server from outside via port 25 it responds like '220 posta.bs.si ...', but I want that the response will be like '220 posta.bs-group.si'. So that mail that is coming from our server will be seen like that i...

Exchange 2K: Controlling incoming email formats....
Question... AFAIK (and correct me if I am wrong), Exchange natively only lets you control message formats for messages that are downloaded to POP\IMAP clients. For security reasons, I would like Exchange to convert all incoming\outgoing email from\to external domains, as well as INTRA-domain email , to plain text format. In other words, I do not want to see anymore html email on my server going in and out, just plain text. Is there a setting for this for Exchange to handle this natively? If not, what (if any) 3rd party solutions are out there for this? Thanks, George Here's the Re...

Microsoft Money #5
Just purchased new copy of Microsoft Money as part of Works Suite 2004. When trying to open this product it tries to open the older version, 1999. Then get a error message saying, "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version." Any advice on what to do? In microsoft.public.money, Jeannie wrote: >Just purchased new copy of Microsoft Money as part of >Works Suite 2004. When trying to open this product it >tries to open the older version, 1999. Then get a error >message saying, "Money cannot open this file because it >was c...

Annoying Exchange 2003 Sender Filter Bug - Reported - Confirmed
The following is a MS confirmed Exchange 2003 bug, for which MS will not provide a bug fix. Perhaps in the next version of Exchange. Exchange Server 2003 is dropping SMTP connection WITHOUT any warning in SMTP logs or eventlogs, if 1. Sender Filtering for an incoming Virtual SMTP server is enabled 2. A "malformed" message without an empty line after the DATA command is send Here is one expample of a useless message created in a telnet session: 220 node1.exchg2k3.test.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version : 6.0.3790.0 ready at Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:05:44 +0200 helo 250 node1.ex...

Upgrade from eEnt 5.5
I am trying to upgrade from eEnt 5.5 on SQL 6.5/Win NT4 to eEnt 7.5. On a test server I managed to upgrade to SQL 7.0, but when I run Dynamics Utilities after installing eEnt 7.5 I get an "Unable to convert registration master table. Not Privileged to open this form" error. If I continue on anyway, and enter my registration codes, there are no companies to convert. How do I get past this? Hi Since you have upgraded SQL, the Compatibility Level may be incorrect for each of the upgraded databases. Can you run the following commands Run sp_dbcmptlevel DYNAMICS and for the...