Exchange 5.5 Disable User from Sending Internally

Hi All

This is a bit of a strange one. I have a customer of mine still running
Exchange 5.5 that wish to create a mailbox that a user can log into and
receive mail but is unable to send to other users internally to the
exchange organisation of externally. For the moment we have set a
mailbox size limit to acheive this functionality however the user
receives a bounce back when attempting to send , but the customer would
prefer that no bounce is received and the sent email disappears into
the ether.

I am familiar with disabling the ability to send externally however I
can't think of a way to prevent sending internal without the user
receiving a bounce.

Is anybody aware of a way to accomplish this ?

Thanks

Leon

On 27 Jun 2005 18:53:47 -0700, "Leon" <Leon.Slattery@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi All
>
>This is a bit of a strange one. I have a customer of mine still running
>Exchange 5.5 that wish to create a mailbox that a user can log into and
>receive mail but is unable to send to other users internally to the
>exchange organisation of externally. For the moment we have set a
>mailbox size limit to acheive this functionality however the user
>receives a bounce back when attempting to send , but the customer would
>prefer that no bounce is received and the sent email disappears into
>the ether.
>
>I am familiar with disabling the ability to send externally however I
>can't think of a way to prevent sending internal without the user
>receiving a bounce.
>
>Is anybody aware of a way to accomplish this ?
>
>Thanks
>
>Leon

I dont think that will be possible for internal email.

0
adavid (8731)