Exchange 5.5 and POP3 port problem

Running Exchange 5.5 - and setting up some POP3 clients

I can't telnet to port 110 on the actual server itself  - any ideas ?

0
rpclloyd (3)

RNDIS, WLK 1.5, crash
Moin, I test a RNDIS device which is connected via USB to the host. During power management tests the RNDIS driver part usb8023x.sys holds the IRP too long and the driver verifier complains about it with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) A driver is causing an inconsistent power state. The tests fail on XP x86 SP 3 and Vista x86 SP2. Does MS provide a fixed driver ? Best regards, Stefan P.S.: The first analysis with WInDbg shows ******************************************************************************* * ...

CRM 3 Exchange Router
Hello, My Exchange Router will not forward e-mail to the CRM Server. We are running CRM 3 with and Exchange 2000 server. Here is the error messages in the Event Log: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040E0E): Bookmark is invalid. at ADODB.RecordsetClass.MoveNext() at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceCore.ProcessMailbox(ExchangeSinkServiceMailbox mailbox) at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceCore.ExecuteService() Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceException: Verifying bef...

Increasing the Exchange sp2 storage limit
As we all know by now sp2 for Exch2k3 increases the storage limit to 18GB and can be increased to as much as 75GB for the standard edition. Is this a valid modification supported by Microsoft or is it a registry hack? My concern is the release of an Windows update that would nullify the storage increase. Read the Release Notes for SP2, it's a valid modification but you need to insert a registry value to bump it from SP2's default to any size up to 75 Gb. (Some orgs may not want the store to get to that size, so being able to control it is a good thing, imo). -- Bharat Suneja M...

esm shows wrong exchange server version
I have an Exchange 2000 Installation with SP3 + Rollup package 870540-v2 + Hotfix MS05-021. Exchange System manager still shows Build 6249.4 SP3. Should ESM show a higher Build number ? Thanks for any replies. MC IIRC, ESM only shows SP4 on clustered servers that have the update applied to them. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "MC" <seaedsit@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OW%23lRuARFHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have an Exchange 2000 Installation with SP3 + Rollup package 870540-v2 + ...

Restoring Exchange 2000 cluster to "standard" Exchange 2000 Enterp
Hi all, At the moment we are creating a "full" test environment built from backup tapes from our live environment. DC's are all up and running. Our 2000 native forest exists out of a top domain and 2 child domains. All DC's are running 2000 SP3 as well as the Exchange servers. Exchange servers are located in the child domains. In one of the child domains which is NL.top.net we have an Exchange cluster, 2 nodes active/active eg. These would be EX01 and EX02 and running EX04 and EX05. Since we unfortunately do not have a SAN in our test site I will not be able to do a DR...

Exchange 2000 DST Changes

OL2003 (Exchange) and OE6 running in the same PC
We are currently upgrading our OS from W98SE to WinXP. Our VP is using Netscape v4.67 with dial-up to access his personal email from the ISP and Novell Groupwise for his internal corporate email. With the new WinXP, he will be authenticate to Active Directory and using Exchange 2003 (Outlook 2003) for corporate email. (Yep, no more Groupwise!!) I want to move him away from Netscape to OE6 (built-in with XP pro). During my test in the lab, for some reasons I can't have OE6 and OL2003 running at the same time. (I can launch either one but not both at the same time) He wants OE6 as his...

Exchange 2003 OWA #6
Exchange 2003 OWA I would appreciate if someone would be able to help me. When I'm trying to access Exchange 2003 Server via OWA, I'm getting error "The folder can't be displayed. You do not have permission to perform this action" We also running Microsoft ISA Server. Thanks ...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

Exchange Connector Wizard error

NNTP move to Exchange?
Hi, I'm having a problem with getting a NNTP feed from a INND 2.2.1 server to Exchange 2003; are there any known issues here? Has anyone done this type of migration before? What issues did you encounter? It seems as if Exchange just wants to pull down a few of the groups (of which we have over 100 internal) and even with that, not even pull all of the messages in from those few groups (it usually gets a few hundred messages). I'm using the basic NNTP wizards but everything looks to be configured correctly. Thanks, Dan ...

Dropped connection to POP3 servers
Just installed Office 2003 under XP Home. Outlook is dropping connection to POP3 servers, I check 2 different servers with a S/R. Both fail at the same time, never separately. Sometimes I can exit Outlook gracefully but a reboot is required to get Outlook to work again. Sometimes locks entire system and have to powerdown manually. Pattern not fully determined but it appears to happen when there is other activity to the internet that is going to specific servers using an ID and password. I use Medved Quotetracker with E*Trade quotes (requires ID). If I bring up Quotetracker, Ou...

An Outlook 2003 Problem

How do I setup an SMTP gateway / smart host for Exchange 5.5 internet bound mail
My current setup has a Windows NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 server setting on our company LAN behind a Microsoft ISA Server. The Exchange server's Internet Mail Connector binds to (I assume this is the proper terms) port 25 on the ISA server for inbound and outbound Internet Mail. Our company has finally upgraded to a new Cisco Pix Firewall which we are able to setup a DMZ on. The suggestion by our ISP is to setup an SMTP gateway in the DMZ and have our internal Exchange server send mail to it destined for the Internet. I am aware that most of the work for making the connections from the SMTP ...

Problem with protecting sheet
I have a spreadsheet (a company timesheet) that i do not want peopl editing the code on. I only want them to be putting in the hours tha they have worked for the particular payperiod, it all works fine but have one problem. If the sheet is protected yet i have the columns unlocked where the can type, when they do a ctrl-x (cut) and then past it somewhere else it moves the black outlining on the cells, the problem with this i that when they try to re-color the cells it gets a protection erro where it wont allow them to put the outline back on the cells. Is their a way to make it so they can ...

Quicken file conversion problems
I'm trying to test out the new 2004 by importing my quicken file throught the initial Wizard. Only problem it I get the following error message: Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing other programs and making sure the disk you are copying your file to has enough space. Then try converting the file again. Can anyone help? TIA In microsoft.public.money, Scott wrote: >I'm trying to test out the new 2004 by importing my >quicken file throught the initial Wiz...

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

Uninstalled Word 2004 test drive
I installed the "Test Drive" version of Microsoft Word 2004 on my ibook, G2, 500 mhz, machine. I am running Panther. After trying it for a couple days and becoming very frustrated with the program I followed all directions to remove the program ... I removed only the 2004 version. After uninstalling I could not automatically open any of my word documents. I never "created" any using the test drive, but I can�t open any of my documents created on my Word X version. Trying to open these documents I received an error message: "The operation could not be completed....

Can't receive EMail #5