Exchange 5.5: Administrator - Send Mail As User

I'd like to be able to send mail as a user on my system.  Currently, we
use 3rd party software to track helpdesk emails and such.  People
continue to email my box when they should be sending the requests to
support.  I'd like to forward all of these emails to support from their
accounts so they can track their support request.  Here's the catch: I
want to do this without being a delegate for their account.  Is this
possible?

0
xjeffx (5)

setting mailbox store limits for different users
I'm wanting to create three levels of exchange user in my organisation and allow them mailbox store llimits of 50mb, 100mb and 200mb I was hoping to do this by setting the minimum level in ESM then using AD security groups to group users and set mailbox store overrides - but the override setting doesn't seem to be available for groups, only individual users Is there some other way to do this? or can I only override per individual? I only have Exchange 2003 standard, so creating more stores is not an option. Any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated. ADMODIFY.NET is good a...

Undeleting Mails
Any way to undelete the mails which has deleted from delete folder see your previous post. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Thomas" <thomas_jiji@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:78c201c43105$e436ca50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Any way to undelete the mails which has deleted from > delete folder ...

I've had one particular user (Exchange 2003 / Outlook 2003) who occasionally would get the "Do not have permission" error, even though others in the office could email to the same external address, and all my tests suggested there was nothing "out there" stopping him from sending email to these external recipients. It seems these messages were composed by copying and pasting from another source into Outlook, and then adding an intro and sending the message. I found today that when the clipboard contents are pasted into the new message, at the very bottom of the messag...

How do I send a direct email?
Hi everyone I have a marketing list of 225 contacts selected from the main database, and I want to send them each a personalised direct email. I have a template set up for this, but can't figure out how to bring this together with the marketing list to launch the campaign. The instructions I have say that I should see 'Send direct email' in the actions menu, or see an icon on the action bar. I have neither. Help! As far as I remember, direct e-mail is only available in the web client and does not appear in the Outlook client. Also, I think it is only available in a contact ...

How to protect form design from user changes
I have a form on a remote computer that students use to scan in their ID numbers to reserve study spots in our library. The little dears keep changing the font color to white so that scans don't show upon scanning. How do I protect the form from design/property changes and still allow data to be entered? Ideally, I would like to set the protections on the server so that students are blocked on the remote from making changes. Thanks very much! -- Andrea "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7904A468-D5DC-4EDB-B8D6-EDC5E7FAA5F1@microsoft...

outlook 2003 user cannot see members of distribution list
I have an outlook 2003 user who, when clicking on a distribution list or an individual name in a received email; the dialog box appears displaying the properties of the person or group, but there is nothing showing up in the "member of" tab. this is the only user I have affected. any help would be appreciated. Normally when clicking on a user of group listed in the "To" of an email the properties can be viewed showing the groups the individual is a member of, etc. Have you tried creating a new mail profile for this user? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post ...

<file> is being modified by <user> Do you want top open it as read only?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi there I have a 10.4.11 Tiger server. Network users running leopard 10.5.5 and earlier are having problems opening office files. Often, but not always they receive errors like... <file> is being modified by <user> Do you want to open it as read only? Sometimes it says the file is corrupt and cannot be opened. Sometimes they open just fine. The files in question are definitely not being modified by other users. If I store the files locally, rather than in a networked served account they open normally wi...

Excel and outlook #5
excellent, thank -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26678 ...

HOW: Copy files from one comp to another with different user/pass
Hi, Does anyone know how to copy files inside network from mashine one to mashine2 if the mashine2 requires user/pass authentication ?? I need this for Windows platform. Anyone did that ? Thaks. ...

Multiple Exchange servers on single domain, splitting users.
Hi Guys. We have an existing Exchange 2k3 site that is going through some expansion. We are looking at setting up a second system to allow access for affiliates to POP3 to. We woul like to keep the POP3 email addresses and internet access separate to the LAN users. However, they would all have email addresses at the same .com domain. Can we push certain user's mail to a 2nd Exchange server (via a LAN)? We are trying to separate the POP3 users and the lan users internet access, for bandwith reasons. Our idea is that all domain email comes into server A via Internet connection1. Lan user&...

Want Users Cursor To Always Go To Beginning Of Field
How can I ensure that when a user is navigating the fields in a form I created, and not simply hitting tab or enter, that their cursor will always go to the very beginning (far left) in a field? if they are using the mouse to click in a text box and you want to ensure the cursor starts at the beginning, then put this code in the On Click event of the text box: Me.Text0.SelStart = 0 ...

Why IMAP so Inconsistent, fickle, not user friendly etc. vs POP
I previously had pop settings, very easy to operate in outlook just your standard folders piece of cake mail comes in on my ISP server then creates a copy to Outlook. 2 weeks ago I got a smart ph. that needed IMAP settings to operate. Contacted my ISP server (Clearwire) and also changed setting in outlook to IMap. Things then became very unpredictable & weird, deletions very unpreditable, fatal error messages, opening folders very slow,messages going into different multipul inboxs, not giving me the audible tone that a message has been received. Where as that message s...

To clear the Open Other User's Folder list & To clear the Find a Contact list
What registry key would apply for Outlook 2007 for each catagory? To clear the Open Other User's Folder list ... The first article explains how to get to the right point in the registry. The second article explains what value to look for (101e0390) once you get to the right key in the right profile. It was written for Outlook 2000, but applies to Outlook 2002 as well (Outlook 2002 being version 10.0 instead of 9.0). To clear the Open Other Users folders MRU in Outlook 2003, follow the steps for Outlook 2000 but look for the binary value101f0390 To clear the Find a Contact list .....

Unable to send mail on telephone line or DSL, but can send on cable modem
I never used to have a problem. Recently I cannot send mail from Outlook if I use a dial up modem or if I am on a DSL modem. I can receive mail OK. I can send mail on a cable modem. All it does is say "Connecting to Server" and the mail does not send. Then I get an error message "The TCI/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server.(Account: "Name of My Account', SMTP Server: 'name of my server.com', Error Number: 0x800ccc0f). I called the hosting company and they say everything is working and that I have a problem with Outlook 2000. Any ideas wha...

Last Login Time
Hello to all, first off apoligies if this has already been posted but I could not find any information on it. In the system manager a users mailbox will show who was the last person to log on to the mailbox with the date and time stamp. It appears that this information is overwritten if a user logs in, logs out and then logs back in again. I need to know if this logging in and out information is archived or kept somewhere on the server. I want to go back a couple of days and see what users have been logging into a specific mailbox. I've already checked the event logs on the exchange serv...

Office 10 1.5 and Panther Fax
I have been successfully using OS X.3's new Fax facility on all applications - it lets me pull fax numbers from OS X Address Book in every program except Office! The "To:" field normally automatically fills in the intended recipient's name from my first few key strokes. However, in Office, I have to enter everything from memory. Even if I bring up the People list, they cannot be selected. Anyone have any idea when MS is going to fix this? Or, is it just my installation? I am using a PowerBook G4/1Mhz/512Mb RAM/60Gb HD/Panther/Office X 1.5. TIA, Bette In article <9e82a...

e-mail address converted to include single quotes
Occasionally when sending a new email or replying to an email the address is changed upon sending to include single quotes, ie. username@userdomain.com changes to 'username@userdomain.com'. When this happens the email is kicked back as undeliverable. here is what the kickback looks like, I had to substitute username into the actual email addresses. -----Original Message----- From: MAILER-DAEMON@vbbn.com [mailto:MAILER- DAEMON@vbbn.com] Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 9:16 AM To: username@pesenv.com Subject: Undeliverable mail: Document Delivery to 369 Pine Failed to deliver to ...

Outlook 2007 Ignoring Mail Format Configured for Contact
I posted this question in microsoft.public.office.misc before I find this group... So I am posting again. I need to send emails to a particular internet email address (i.e., not in exchange) in Plain Text. I attempted to configure this in the following ways: Attempt 1: 1) Open Contact window 2) Double click Email... field under Internet section 3) Set Internet format to "Send Plain Text only" Attempt 2: 1) Open Contact window 2) Right click Email... field under Internet section 3) Select Send Option... 4) Check "I want to specify the format..." 5) Selec...

Mail Merge 2007
(I'm new to this--please bear w/ me... Since I've downloaded Publisher 2007, I have not been able to do post card (or label) mail merge using multiple addresses. I've tried everything! Can anyone help??? -- Dot Miller Define "not been able to do post card (or label) mail merge using multiple addresses". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Dot Miller" <DotMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1842CBB-A45A-49DA-B4EC-D25E8FD8E95D@microsoft.com... >...

Outlook and Exchange server #2
I would like to setup outlook so that all six people in our company can share contacts and their calendar, I've been told I need an exchange server so I tracked down a provider that has one but now what? How do I setup outlook to share this information? We are using several different versions of outlook and office, is any one better than another? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.507 / Virus Database: 304 - Release Date: 8/4/2003 Now that's scary... If the provider isn't offering support on this, ...

new live mail client acting differently
o just installed new windows live pkg today.. including live mail. live mail now acts differently. don't understand how to do what I need. 1.) the new client now grays out my subject and date field in the top pane (not just after I have pulled up the msg in the reading pane). like I would really like it to. *saw how to set up a color coded mail rule but this isn't helping me. 2.) the color is too light in the top pane. I can't see it on my monitor and need to knock it down a little or recolor it to something I can see. how can I do this? 3.) is there a way...

Missing GAL Exchange 2003
I recently built a new server for a client with SBS STD 2003 with Exchange. This was not a migration, just a clean instrall. This server has not been on any other netowrk. Installed SP1 and SP2 on Exchange. When I go to set client permissions on public folders and go to add the global address is not there. Anyone else having this problem? Need hel ASAP. Most likely a permissions issue. You can list permissions on the Global Address List using: DSACLS distinguishedname /A (Use ADSIEdit to find the distinguishedName if you don't know/remember it) This can help you figure out which user...

Exchange 2000 address books permissions problem
I have several exchange address books in all address books and global address books. My problem is thus - I want to hide certain address books from all users of a particular domain ie the Global Address Book from Doma in 1 users. I have tried denying to domain 1\ users as well as denying from domain 1\securitygroup - where the security group contains those users. I have also blocked inheritance on the test address book I wish to hide - Any ideas ???? ...

Exchange 2003 and IIS Virtual Sites stop every day or two
I have a new installation of Ex 2003 on a Win 2K server. The IIS seems to have the default exchange, exadmin and public virtual sites stop every other day or two. I can't seem to figure out why and its driving me batty. The W2k Server is up to the most recent SP, as is the Exchange server. There are two DC's, the second DC is also the Exchange server. I don't have the budget or resources to get a separate server for exchange, so this is what I have to deal with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Greg On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 12:10:04 -0700, Greg Mohr <GregMohr...

How to remove standard desktop icons in Win CE 5.0
Hi, I am trying to delete standard desktop icons in Win CE 5.0, such as Recycle Bin, My Device, Media Player and Internet Explorer. I wrote an application which runs at boot-up time. In that application, I added the following statements to delete the registry keys for desktop icons. But it did not work. RegDeleteKey( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, TEXT("Explorer\\Desktop\\{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}") ); RegDeleteKey( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, TEXT("Explorer\\Desktop\\{000214A1-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}") ); Any one knows how, please help. Thanks. JH ...