exchange 5.5/2003 with mixed mode 2003 domain public folders

Hi,

I have recently completed some work for a potential customer, I am
recommending that they in place upgrade their existing NT 4 domain to 2003
based on various reasons that I do not want to go into here.

However, they also want their single exchange 5.5 org in the same domain to
be migrated at the same time. This will be a mixed mode 5.5 to 2003
migration. At this stage the domain will be in mixed mode and will not
support universal security groups. The customer uses public folders quitre
heavily, I do not know the exact amount, but the user base is 2500 approx.
They use distribution lists to secure public folders. Therefore I am faced
with the problem that the universal distribution groups will not be
converted to security groups in active directory (because it is mixed), and
public folder permission will be invalid.

I know about the technet article on this (or at least one of them). To get
around this in smaller in place migrations I have performed, the permissions
have been changed to individual users before the 5.5/2003 mixed mode
commences.

Does anyone know of an alternative/quicker (scripting etc..) way, based upon
the fact that the domain will have to be mixed mode in this instance?

Thanks,

James

0
lynxo78 (10)

Reply address always defaults to exchange address
I run outlook 2003 on XP SP2. I have an exchange account (exchange server 5.5 on SBS) and 2 pop accounts. When I reply to an e-mail, even if it is from either of the POP accounts, the reply address defaults to the exchange account. Outlook should use the reply address of the account the e-mail was sent to but does not.I can change the account manually for every reply e-mail but would like Outlook to set reply address to the same account that the original e-mail was sent to. Thanks, in advance, Robert In news:atKdnalcZ86ZcCPeRVny1Q@pipex.net, News <mhcf17@dsl.pipex.com> typed...

Outlook 2003 Font problem
I'm running a new gateway laptop with Outlook 2003 internet e-mail only. My problem is that I can change fonts and font sizes when sending e-mail, but any email recieved is changed to the default arial 10pt. font. I have HTML set up as the default mail type. Any Suggestions? The fonts in received HTML mail are set by the sender, not by Outlook. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Bob Marks" <rmarks@brake.com> wrote in message news:035301c3d3d7$e4c59810$a401280a@phx.gbl... >...

eseutil error or how repair the public folder store pub1.edb
Hello! Please help to solve this problem. Server: Windows 2000 SP4, Exchange 6.0 enterprise, build 6249.4 SP3 (+13 rollups installed) I Can' mount the public folders store. Event Viewer: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9519 Date: 09.02.2006 Time: 13:19:10 User: N/A Computer: EXCH Description: Error Database is in inconsistent state starting database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (EXCH)" on the Microsoft Exchange Information Store. Failed to attach to Jet DB. My executed actions: The PFS is dismount...

Exchange 5.5 #13
Hi there, To be honest, my experience on Exchange 5.5 server has been minimal. I have been briefly told that a client is running Exchange 5.5 Server in his organisation. The users in that organisation already have email address of for example: joe.bloggs@doorlock.com Now the client wants that some of the users should maintain that email address and some of the users should get an email address of: richard.branson@woodenframe.com Therefore, the end result will be that 500 users will be having and email address ending with ...@doorlock.com and the rest 200 will be having ....@woodenf...

Excel 2003 Printing
How do I print multiple active worksheets in a workbook, twosided (duplex)? ...

Exchange 2003 Clustering #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C5442A.F775E0E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Does any one know of any solution to fault tolerance for Exchange = 2003 besides 2003 clustering? Third party vendor.... Also I hear with clustering is only good for hardware failure not = software is this true? Ben ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C5442A.F775E0E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//...

sbs 2003 monitoring issue
Please advice as i tried to reinstall sbs 2003 monitoring but following error message failing the setup. MSDE 2000 Service Pack 4 did not install. For additional instructions, see the SQL Server 2000 Service Pack Web site at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=46241. An error occurred while installing Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE). Rerun Setup, and retry installing Monitoring. Hi: Any error code produced as part of this issue? What steps have you taken to resolve it? - Larry Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit - Get Your SBS Health C...

VPN and GP 7.5
We currently have a remote user who connects to our LAN using VPN. He then uses Remote Desktop to connect to a system that is in house. He runs all his applications on the in house system. We have been experiencing printing issues with a few GP reports. Specifically the Purchase Advice Report. His printing issues seem to be intermittent. We do not have these issues with any other users. Are there any known issues with VPN, Remote Desktop, and GP? Thanks! Jessie ...

OUTLOOK 2003 #247
I'm getting a warning bar that says: CANNOT START MICROSOFT OFFICE OUTLOOK. UNABLE TO OPEN THE OUTLOOK WINDOW. THE SET OF FOLDERS COULD NOT BE OPENED. I tried removing Office Pro 2003 and reinstalling it, I tried changing the the Directory, I tried and removed all the regedit in refers to Microsoft OFFICE. I did not have this issue until I uploaded and used MSN Premium and Intellisync MSN and decided to cancelled this service because it was not worth the $9.95 monthly fee. I'm not sure what I need to do, but I need help please advise via email... Thanks in advance, Russ ...

exchange 2003 mailbox move
i have created a new exchange 2003 back-end server in my domain and have been moving mailboxes by right clicking the user names and selecting exchange tasks, move mailboxes from the menu. one of the mailboxes i am moving which is 5GB is currently running a task of moving a folder containing 52,733 messages (or so it says that many i do not know, it could be 100,000 in there or more, anyway) the problem i am getting right now is once it reaches 52,733 messages it continues to count more moved messages, till it gets to about 63,000 messages and then it resets back to 0 and starts all ove...

Cleanup after migration to Exchange 2003
Hi I've finished migrating from an Exchange 5.5 org with 4 sites to an Exchange 2003 org that also has the 4 sites. I have also switched to native mode. Followed the instructions to the letter as specified in the deployment wizard tool and also the deployment guide. What I want to know is can the 4 recipient policies (for each site) that got created during the migration period be deleted.? They refer to "&(mailNickname=*)(legacyExchangeDN=/O=Env BOP/OU=EBOPROT/*))" to Exchange 5.5. Since removing the last exchange 5.5 server and going native my previous problems that I repo...

Windows CE Platform Builder 5.0 conflicts with Windows 7
Hi, In my newly installed Windows 7, I tried to install Windows CE Platform Builder 5.0. UNfortunately, it showed a message and complained that Windows CE/Mobile SDK do not compilent with the current version of Windows. Could anybody tell me what was wrong? How to fix it? My environment: OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (Traditional Chinese) VS2005 installed VS2008 was also installed Windows Embedded CE Platform Builder 6.0 R3 (installed well before this) Thanks in advance, Rex Am 23.12.2009 11:14, schrieb Rex: > Hi, > > In my newly installed Windows 7, I tried to ins...

background frontpage 2003
I use a background that is dark blue at the top and then fades to light blue at the bottom. When it is repeated I get a sharp edge as I scroll down. I would like to have the background remain light blue no matter how far the page is scrolled down. How do I do that? Lennart in Sweden All that I can think of is to make the image big enough so that it does not repeat. In fact if it fits exactly in the window, you should get the effect that you want. But you have to remember that not everyone uses the same size window -- Trevor Lawrence Canberra Web Site http://trevorl.mv...

Access XP or Access 2003
Dear all, I want to migrate my existing application to newer Access. Which version should I choose between Acc XP and Acc 2003 ? Thanks. Vensia On Thu, 3 May 2007 16:34:28 +0700, "Vensia" <vensia2000_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: >Dear all, > >I want to migrate my existing application to newer Access. >Which version should I choose between Acc XP and Acc 2003 ? >Thanks. If you're not moving all the way to 07, then use 2003 (in my opinion). > >Vensia > Scott McDaniel scott@takemeout_infotrakker.com www.infotrakker.com Hello Scott, What is the p...

Printing in excel 2003
I want to create a button, when pressed it will automatically print to a printer (not the default printer) this printer is cute PDF, so it will automatically save the document to PDF. This help would be much appreciated. Neil. Have you tried recording a macro while doing this? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Neil Holden" <NeilHolden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:524E4297-135F-4D1E-8AC1-1F98F6891D9E@microsoft.com... >I want to create a button, when pressed it will automatically print to a &...

Money 2003 problem #2
I started reconciling bank account and clicked postpone so I could finish later. When I went back to finish, I get an error message that says <AC206> is not a valid interest amount. Since I clicked postpone and I had already entered the interest amount, now that box is dim and I can't change the <AC206> that's in there. In other words, how do I continue reconciling after clicking postpone? You should have a transaction in the register for the interest. Can you delete that outside of the balancing function? "Anna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

IMAP folders
Hi!! How do I configure in Outlook 2003 so in my IMAP accounts all messages are downloaded to my PC so I can access all of them when I am offline and not only the latest ones. Can I do that? Thanks, Teo Teo <nospamteo@homsany.net> wrote: > How do I configure in Outlook 2003 so in my IMAP accounts all > messages are downloaded to my PC so I can access all of them when I > am offline and not only the latest ones. Can I do that? Click Tools>Send/Receive>Send/Receive Settings>Define Send/Receive Groups. Select the group in which you've defined your IMAP account...

How to add and fill in comments column in a mail folder?
I use a few mail folders to store vendor quotes and purchasing documents. I often refer to these messages and would like to have a way to label each message, as to its contents, in the folder view. I have no problem adding a column to my display, I just can not figure out how to get my info into the column. On the Other Settings dialog for the view, turn on in-cell editing. Once you do that, you'll be able to type the information in the view. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators ...

Outlook 2003 Exchange 2003 DST
Hello: First a bit of history: Last week, in preparation for DST, we selected a few of our remote offices and ran all the appropriate patches in sequence (as stated in http://support.microsoft.com/gp/dst_topissues) on Windows 2000 and XP machines hosting Outlook 2003, and Windows 2000 Servers hosting Exchange 2003. After patches were applied, the very thing we were trying to preempt (i.e. Outlook appointments moving up an hour) happened. Because of this, we decided not to update the remainder 65 offices (each office with a Windows 2000 Server hosting Exchange 2003), and instead waited to see...

Upgraded to Publisher 2003 can't open previous version files...
I just upgraded from Publisher 98 to Publisher 2003. Now trying to open my existing .pub files. but receive msg "Publisher can not open this file". I tried to run the old verison, but it's no longer available on my compter. Please help. Seek advice to solve this problem. San. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Do you have Norton? Disable script blocking and in Norton options disable Office Plug-ins. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "san via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com&...

Having Pb openning/saving fax(Tif format) on Outlook 2003 since a Week plz help
Hi All, Since a few days I can't open or save reveived faxes (.tif), I didn't chage anything to my outlook config, before that I could receive fax read and save them wihout any Pb Thank's for your help Do not multipost. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "bbnimda" <wahhhran-vba@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:OlOz1OqRHHA.3948@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Since a few days I can't open or save reveived faxes (.tif), I didn't > chage > anything to my outlook config, > > before that I could receive fax read and save t...

Public Folders and Permissions on Exchange 2000
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that I used to assign permissions to Public Folders by choosing distribution groups from the "Client permissions" button within Exchange System Manager. This isn't working for me anymore. Does the distribution group have to specifically be a Universal Distribution Group? Did a recent Exchange security update or other update change this? If I want to assign permissions based on groups instead of actual users, is there any other way to do this? Sorry, meant to say "Universal Security Groups", not "Universal Distribution Grou...

Domain names changed
Hi. i'll try to explain the best i can!! We currently have 2 sites, 1 Novell and 1 Microsoft. The MS Exchange server has all the relevant groupwise connectors configured to allow emails to be sent and received from both sites but i've just noticed something weird. I've sent an email from my personal account, which is me@o2.co.uk, to the following recipients: them@theredomain.com them@ourdomain.com everyone@anotherdomain.com. When the email arrived, the username had stayed the same but theredomain.com, ourdomain.com and anotherdomain.com had been changed to show o2.co.uk (i.e....

Offline Mode
If the PoS goes "Offline" during the day then the X total is reset to Zero on returning to online mode although the sales made offline are synchronised with the online database. Therefore the closing totals will show as Over/Short by however much was taken before going back online. Any sugestions? ...

Moving Public Folers from Xchange2K to Xchange 2003...
Hi all, We are trying to migrate everything in our Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003 server. We have been moving most of the accounts there already. BUT there are quite a few Public Folders that we don't know how to move them. To move individual account, you right-click Exchange Tasks and Move...but on the Public folders, there's no such move option. I am sure can be move somehow..we just don't know how... Can someone help us on this? Thank you so much in advance. -Dino you need to replicate them, not move them...create replicas on the new server, then after everyth...