Exchange 5.5 & 2000 and Trend interscan viruswall! Please Help!

I have a problem! I'm getting ready to remove our Exchange 5.5 server. I
shutdown the 5.5 server and every thinks worked as they should. Then I
rebooted our mail relay (Linux based unfortunately) server witch is also
running, Trend InterScan VirusWall 3.8 for Linux. When it was up and
running again our emails did not get through. Every thing looked
correct, but nothing happened. I can't find any thing that refers to the
Exchange 5.5. Is it possible that it is getting the information from the
Exchange 2000 or AD?

After starting up the Exchange 5.5 and stopping and restarting the SMTP
filter on the VirusWall, our email came in as it should.

Any god ideas people??

Trond A. T�mte <trond.tomte@nordkontakt.no> wrote in

> After starting up the Exchange 5.5 and stopping and restarting the SMTP
> filter on the VirusWall, our email came in as it should.
>
> Any god ideas people??

Sounds like you need to reconfigure the VirusWall?

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

Do you have any clue to where it can bee??

Regards!

In article <Xns950B69A066FC9arlowa@207.46.248.16>,
aclizer@online.pullman.com says...
> Trond A. T�mte <trond.tomte@nordkontakt.no> wrote in
>
> > After starting up the Exchange 5.5 and stopping and restarting the SMTP
> > filter on the VirusWall, our email came in as it should.
> >
> > Any god ideas people??
>
> Sounds like you need to reconfigure the VirusWall?
>
> Regards,

Trouble with Excel 2000 Help file
Running Excel 2000. When I click on "See Also" at the top left of my Help screen, I get an internet explorer error message: "An error has occurred in the script on this page" Line1, Character 1. It goes on with some other stuff. Also, at the top of the page, I don't see hyperlinks anything else, but I see two little blue squares with a dot in the middle of each, which I usually associate with images that don't download. I seem to have my help files confused. I've tried reinstalling Office, but that doesn't help. I've gone to the microsoft support w...

Drop-down list #5

help #4
Help, I have two work sheets that have some releases on one sheet in column (F) that mark Total Available. The other work sheet that mark Commitments have a validation list that mark Head / Sub - Head Item / Sub - Item in column (F) The validation listings are difference listing under. In the Commitment work sheet when I put in the amount under Value of Invoice Order and click a listing in the validation list it must reduce the amount under the difference releases. (E.g let say that I had $50,109.62 dollar balance under upkeep in the releases column and I buy some cups that cost $...

lil help with "or" formula
I am trying to return a "false" value if there is text in cells E2:I2.. the only formula i have come up with so far is =OR(ISTEXT(E2),ISTEXT(F2),ISTEXT(G2),ISTEXT(H2),ISTEXT(I2)) but this returns the opposite value of what I want, it tells me "true" if there is text... any help???? Hi try: =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(ISTEXT(E2:I2)),false,true) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Murph" <Murph@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4A8133F9-3E83-4369-A69E-763CD6E9D3F8@microsoft.com... > I am trying to return a "false" value i...

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Lookup
Hi i have 3 fields called Site(lookup), Board(lookup) and Location(text). there is a field name which i want to populate automatically with on change event = site + location + board below is the code i have var n var lookupItem = new Array; lookupItem = crmForm.all.parentcustomerid.DataValue; var l = crmForm.all.new_location.DataValue; var boardlookup = new Array; boardlookup = crmForm.all.new_boardid.DataValue if (lookupItem[0] != null) { n = (lookupItem[0].name)+" "+ l +" "+(boardlookup[0].name) ; crmForm.all.new_name.DataValue = n; } else { n = ( l +" &qu...

Outlook 2000 not opening.

Offline Folders #5
I am trying to get an outlook client setup so that it automatically opens offline without prompting the user. Does anyone know if this is possible, if so how to do it. Thanks Phil pearson In the properties of the e-mail account (Tools, Options, Mail Setup, E-mail Accounts, View or Change existing e- mail accounts) if this is an Exchange e-mail account, highlight it and hit Change, then More Settings. Select Manually Control Connection State, then select Work Offline and Use Dialup Networking. This should give you the desired effect. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying ...

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Event ID: 8270 ,LDAP Error--Need help to fix it..
Event Type: Error (win2000 Srv+exchange2000) Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8270 Computer: Exchange_2000_Server_Name Description: LDAP returned the error [b] Administration Limit Exceeded. dn: "GUID=8F37136AFCEE0B41BDD353B78F8E6067" changetype: Modify mail:USER1@Domain_Name.Domain_Suffix proxyAddresses:MS:NET/PO/User1 : CCMAIL:User1, PO at NET : SMTP:USER1@EMAIL.Domain_Name.Domain_Suffix : X400:c=US;a= ;p=Exchange_Org_Name;o=Exchange_Site_Name;s=Last_Name;g=First_Name; : smtp:USER1@MAILLIST.Domain_Name.Domain_...

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Moving Exchange #5

request to solve my problem #5

Backing Up Exchange Database

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Help With Margin Formula

GETPIVOTDATA data_field help

Troubleshooting Exchange
I'm just wanting to write some 'proof of concept' scripts relating to Exchange that would help in troubleshooting any issues. Like the Exchange connections/second, etc. Are there any other qualitative data that can be used in general troubleshooting? Marco ...