Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

I have an E2k3 SP1 enterprise edition server.  Whenever I reboot, the IMAP4
Virtual server does not start back up.  I have to go into Exchange System
Manager and manually start it.

How do I make it start automatically?

Tim

0
tjc7546 (11)

How is the service set up - to start manually or automatically?  Also, I'd
check the dependencies the service has.  It may be that it's trying to start
before the other services have completed starting.

Missy
"Tim" <tjc7546@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I have an E2k3 SP1 enterprise edition server.  Whenever I reboot, the IMAP4
Virtual server does not start back up.  I have to go into Exchange System
Manager and manually start it.

How do I make it start automatically?

Tim

0
missy7897 (16)
2/18/2005 7:02:15 PM
Anything relevant in App Event log?

Tim wrote:

> I have an E2k3 SP1 enterprise edition server.  Whenever I reboot, the IMAP4
> Virtual server does not start back up.  I have to go into Exchange System
> Manager and manually start it.
>
> How do I make it start automatically?
>
> Tim

0
kpalagin8074 (137)

Outlook startup #2
All of a sudden all our outlook client (Outlook2002/Exchange 2000) are getting the following message: "Your microsoft exchange server is unavailable" with the retry and cancel options. We hit the retry option it connects to the exchange. Any ideas???? Sounds like name resolution problems. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstations? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup....

Introductory Workshop for Exchange Beginners
Hello! Does anybody know about a good introductory workshop showing how to understand the configuration of an existing Exchange server? Maybe even in German? Thanks for the help :-) Greetz from Berlin, Wolf I would try here. I dont see an option for other languages, but there may be a German version of the portal. https://www.microsoftelearning.com/catalog/itproDev.aspx#exchangeServer "Wolf Berlin" <anonymous@discussions.com> wrote in message news:eis5s1$k4p$00$1@news.t-online.com... > Hello! > > Does anybody know about a good introductory workshop showing...

Exchange 2000 Recovery Server
Hello, We need to create a recovery server for Exchange 2000. The production Exchange server is a member server. I know that we need to create another Win 2K AD, to limit the amount of hardware used can this recovery server also be installed on the domain controller or will they need to be on seperate servers to match the production enviornment? Thanks You can absolutely put you recovery server and DC all on the same server (just make sure it is in its own AD forest and own Exchange org). "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DE2E823-62FC-440C...

Moving Exchange 2003 to another Exchange 2003 box
I currently have an Exchange 2003 install that houses maybe 20 mailboxes. I want to move them to a new server that also has an Exchange 2003 install. I will be bringing the new server online with a different name and IP address but they will both be apart of the same domain. If I want to move the mailboxes from my orginal Exchange box to a new server, do I just need to move the mailboxes from within the ESM, then allow the users to login (so that their Outlook is updated automatically) then disable the exchange services from the original server? The only step left will be to update t...

Exchange database maintenance and nightly backups
We start our nightly backups at 11pm and they run for around 10 hours. I noticed that the Exchange database maintenance is occurring between 1 and 5 am. Do you think this affects the backups or the maintenance? I am trying to improve our mail server's performance and noticed this. We are running Exchange 2003 on Server 2003. Is it better to do off-line maintenance? Thanks, Joe On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:38:51 -0800, "jjgjr75" <jjgjr75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We start our nightly backups at 11pm and they run for around 10 hours. I >noticed that the Exc...

Single forrest, multiple domain exchange rights issue
Hi All, I have a problem with Exchange 2000 and rights to calendars/inboxes etc. I will explain the situation We had a single forrest single domain structure, with exchange residing in domain A We are now building a new domain (Domain B) in the forrest to copy the users to because we are building a new it structure and we want to start fresh. we COPIED the users to the new domain, ran a script that added the NEW useraccount as full mailbox owner on their own mailbox (which is still in domain A) As of last monday we started to pilot with the new enviroment, the pilotusers can access th...

How do I create an account in Exchange that can open any mailbox in the domain?
Hi, As a generic (but mostly desktop) Windows guy at my last organisation, I once used an excellent little article to setup a administration account for Exchange that could open any mailbox on the organisation for test / troubleshooting purposes. I would log in to the client machine using that logon and then configure the mail profile to match the server\mailbox of the account I wanted, and then it would open up the user's mailbox in Outlook. Unfortunately, I cannot remember how to do this, although I know it was very simple. I am sure this question will irritate many due to its low level...

VS 2005 Export Template for MFC app
Hi, I just got VS2005 with MSDN Pro subscription and had no problems getting my current VS2003 MFC application to work! So far I really like it. I am doing a DirectX project in MFC and wanted to see if I could add the .fx file type (for effects files) to the add new item wizard. So, I tried to do what the help files said, and create a blank .fx file in my current project and then use File/Export Template to add it. But the dialog that pops up won't work. There is nothing to select in the two combo boxes at the bottom, so I can't go any further. I tried searching the forum...

How to enable Exchange Features by script/GPO policy
Dear colleagues, Have you any ideas what exact properties to use to enable Exchange Features by script/GPO policies? Basically there is a need to set an allowance/restriction of mail-enabled accounts to synchronize mobile device and Exchange by ActiveSync/use OWA/OMA based on accounts' security group membership. Thank you in advance. ...

Exchange 2003, Sharepoint and SSL
I currently have Exhange and Sharepoint on the same server. I used KB823265 and KB832769 to get them to function on the same server. My question is this: How do I enable SSL for both and still have them function correctly with the workaround's applied? Is it possible? thank-you On Wed, 18 May 2005 09:54:01 -0700, "Aisha" <Aisha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I currently have Exhange and Sharepoint on the same server. I used KB823265 >and KB832769 to get them to function on the same server. My question is >this: How do I enable SSL for both and ...

OMA vs Blackberry
I have a mid-sized Enterprise with about 500 users on two exchange servers. We have a new CEO who wants a Blackberry. This has become something of a priority. While I have the approval to pay the $10k or so it will take to get a server, the BES software and assorted other expenses it will take to get his going, I have now heard about Outlook Mobile Access (OMA) being available directly through Exchange with SP2. Does anyone know if OMA is really a competitor with Blackberry? Does it offer more or less? Any key differences? Is this real? Can I use Blackberry devices with this? (I reall...

Exchange 2000 Public Folders NOT Replicating to Exchnge 2003
I have seen many others experiencing this same problem and no one seems to have a solution. Basically, like everyone else, I placed a new Ex 2003 server into a native Ex 2000 environment. I want to replicate the public folders from 2000 to 2003 and decommission 2000. However, no matter what I try, the folders refuse to replicate. Turning up diagnostic logging doesn't reveal anything helpful; I have it set to max logging for all. When you check the folders, they say in-sync. I've looked at Q812294, Q316760, Q286356 all the others and tried everything I have been able to find. I&#...

Exchange 2003 Reporting #2
Hi. Does anyone know if it's possible to pull / run some sort of report in Exchange 2003 that can tell me if someone is a delegate of someone else's inbox, etc? I really need to clean this up. Thank You. Any help is greatly appreciated! http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2004/09/listing_which_e.html Right there should be what you are looking for. "CraigR" wrote: > Hi. Does anyone know if it's possible to pull / run some sort of report in > Exchange 2003 that can tell me if someone is a delegate of someone else's > inbox, etc? > > I reall...

unbiased opinion of Navision vs Great Plains?
Hi there We have been reviewing and discussing these products for a while now, both internally and with MS Partners, but are finding it hard to choose between the two. We have contacted a MS Partner who works with both products (although a Navision purchase an implemnentation is more expensive). The response we seem to be getting is "Well they're really as good as each other, you'll be fine with whichver you choose.". If this is the case, although Navision is more customizable, why would we not just go with Great Plains because of the price. I am getting the feeling t...

Outlook and IMAP
I am quite disappointed with the implimentation of IMAP for Outlook. It seems there are many features available with Imap that are available in other email clients, such as Firebird and even Microsoft's OE... Is there anything in the works to put together more robust support for IMAP in Outlook? Or am I missing how to do all this in OL 2003? Thanks. Derek IMAP is lacking in Outlook. The upcoming SP promises some improvements, mostly in speed, I don't think I've seen anyone mention new features - we need to wait for the next version. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] A...

Exchange Server Not Available Issue
I have been having trouble recently with Outlook 2002 running on XP Home Edition. Until last weeks blackout in NYC, I was able to connect to my exchange server for my email. Since then, every time I try to connect, I get the message "Your Microsoft Exchange Servier is Not Available". However, if I connect to the exchange server through the internet via the IP address, the server is online and I can get to my mail. Nothing has changed on my machine and the group that supports my exchange server says everything looks ok from there. Others are able to connect to the serve...

Exchange Clustering #3
im new to clustering field havent work i want to create clustering in exchange 2003 Std Edition and Windows 2003 R2 Enterprize how to create cluster in windows how to install exchange in windows clustrering enviorment any articles thankful to you Regards Syed Ali You'll need E2K3 Enterprise for a start, not Standard. Just type in "Exchange 2003 clustering" into Google and you'll get a ton of hits, like this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Implementing-Two-Node-Cluster-Windows-2003-Enterprise.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hob...

Exchange 2k3 Recovery in another h/w
Friends Need your help guys!,, Is there any way i can restore exchange2003 in another h/w with same os? Existing exchange server name :osiExchange OS :Windows 2003 Standerd SP1. Domain member :osiExchnage.osi.local New H/w I hv installed Windows2003 Sp1 and joined to my existing domain ! do i need to keep the same hostname for new server? pls heelp me out by steps and advises Best Regards, On 27 Jan 2007 21:01:14 -0800, "Vamsi" <konasanimurali@gmail.com> wrote: >Friends > >Need your help gu...

Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2003 issue
I am running Exchange Server 2000 for internal email and my web hosting company provides my POP3 for external. If I try to send to both any internal and external address at the same time I get a delivery failure on one of them. Everything worked great until we added this new pc with Outlook 2003. I am also getting this error on the server Application Log 2 errors every 5 min. " Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO The file must be present at the location <>.(). Group Policy processing aborted." I do not know if this is related or not. Please help. ...

Exchange Receipient Service
We have recently renamed our domain controller's computer name and when I checked the "Receipient Update Service" setting in the Exchange system manager, it is still showing the old domain controller name. Will there be any impact because of this? Can someone clarify pls? Thanks, SV "SV" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have recently renamed our domain controller's computer >name and when I checked the "Receipient Update Service" >setting in the Exchange system manager, it is still >showing the old domain contro...

Outlook 2007 vs. 2003
Are there any advantages to Outlook 2007 over 2003? Any disadvantages? What's new in version 2007? 1. Yes 2. Yes. 3. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA101662871033.aspx=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, MS asked: | Are there any advantages to Outlook 2007 over 2003? Any disadvantages? |=20 | What's new in version 2007? Seems like you are saying yes to both questions of whether there a...

share outlook caledar oon the network without exchange
The only way to share a calendar with other users on a network without having Exchange is if the users have Outlook 98 or 2000. Then you could use Net Folders to share the calendar through e-mail. Here is a link to an article that explains Net Folders, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;258619. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message >From: "Paul Meyer" <...

Unable to uninstall Exchange 2003 server
Trying to uninstall Exchange 2003 from the first Exchange server. (out of two, second being a 2 node A/P cluster) Got all the public folders/roles/mailboxes moved over. All except for a few system mailboxes which shouldn't matter anyway, SMTP, System Attendant, SystemMailbox. (right?) So I go to Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs, to remove Exchange, and it throws me this error: The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging Collaboration Services" cannot be assigne the action "Remove" because: - One or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. Thes...

Exchange / OWA for 3 domains (or more later on)
I am looking to use a stand alone box to host exchange server so that I might have OWA for 3 domains that I have. I want to provide OWA along with POP3 and SMTP for these domains also. If I am correct; exchange can only be installed if a domain is present. So this means when I install my server 2003 I must promote it to being a domain controller, DNS, etc. Then once installed I have my Active Directory and I can now prep to install exchange. This part I am aware of. My next step is how do I host more than one domain in exchange and provide them with OWA. If would be nice also if t...

Delay receiving email from Exchange
Env: Small Business Server 2000; Outlook 2002 SP3 I have one user who does not automatically receive email from the Exchange server. As soon as you click any item in her inbox, new mail is received. Everyone else in the same office with the same setup (as far as I can tell) is working fine. Any ideas would be appreciated. > I have one user who does not automatically receive email > from the Exchange server. As soon as you click any item > in her inbox, new mail is received. Everyone else in the > same office with the same setup (as far as I can tell) is > working fine...