Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

I have an E2k3 SP1 enterprise edition server.  Whenever I reboot, the IMAP4
Virtual server does not start back up.  I have to go into Exchange System
Manager and manually start it.

How do I make it start automatically?

Tim

0
tjc7546 (11)

How is the service set up - to start manually or automatically?  Also, I'd
check the dependencies the service has.  It may be that it's trying to start
before the other services have completed starting.

Missy
"Tim" <tjc7546@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I have an E2k3 SP1 enterprise edition server.  Whenever I reboot, the IMAP4
Virtual server does not start back up.  I have to go into Exchange System
Manager and manually start it.

How do I make it start automatically?

Tim

0
missy7897 (16)
2/18/2005 7:02:15 PM
Anything relevant in App Event log?

Tim wrote:

> I have an E2k3 SP1 enterprise edition server.  Whenever I reboot, the IMAP4
> Virtual server does not start back up.  I have to go into Exchange System
> Manager and manually start it.
>
> How do I make it start automatically?
>
> Tim

0
kpalagin8074 (137)

Exchange 2003 Forms Based Authentication
Has anybody implemented FBA on Exchange 2003 with ISA 2004? I need FBA turned on in Exchange 2003 but not turned on at the ISA level. Any help would be appreciated. On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:14:33 -0700, "Mike L" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anybody implemented FBA on Exchange 2003 with ISA >2004? I need FBA turned on in Exchange 2003 but not >turned on at the ISA level. Any help would be appreciated. Indeed. This: http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/2004pubowamobile.html Gives you what you need and also an insight on some other stuff that you c...

imap sent issue
Hello, Rule description: Apply this rule after I send the message through the IMAP account and on this machine only move a copy to a the Sent folder but it doesn't work... instead all of my messages ending up in "Sent Items" under my Personal Folders... why? John Smith <someone@microsoft.com> wrote: > Rule description: > Apply this rule after I send the message > through the IMAP account > and on this machine only > move a copy to a the Sent folder > > but it doesn't work... instead all of my messages ending up in "Sent > Items"...

How to specify DSaccess in exchange server 2003 ?
Here we have 3 DC in the domain. I want to configurate my exchange 2003 to always access DC1, any body knows how to set it ? Thanks. Hi, when you go to the properties of the Exchange Server in Exchange System Manager, you can access the Directory Access Tab. You will see all servers listed there, you cannot uncheck the automatically discover. But if you select next to Show the Configuration Domain Controller, or any other item in the list, you can manually set your preferred server. But, be careful if you specify one specific DC, he won't fall back to another one if this one fail...

IE 32 vs IE 64
In Windows 7 I have both: why not only 64 if the machine is 64 based? QU Hi, QU. "QuantumUniverses" wrote in message news:eBXQXbDULHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > In Windows 7 I have both: why not only 64 if the machine is 64 based? > QU Because Adobe Flash Player - and some other features - have not yet been updated for 64-bit browsers. See Adobe's copout TechNote here: Flash Player on 64-bit operating systems http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html Quick summary: "To install Flash Player, use a 32-bit Web browser on your 64-bit ...

Deploying Macros with Exchange Server 5.5
Ok, now that I have my macro written, I need to deploy it to about 60 workstations without having to go to each one. I am running Exchange Server 5.5. Any ideas? Thanks! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Does anyone know where the vba code in outlook is actually stored on th hard drive? Maybe we could just copy the code to all of th computers.. ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and ...

Migrate Sun mail server to Exchange 2k3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C66782.59BB62E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a tool for Migrating mailbox on sun mail server(netscape) to = Exchange 2003? Or, could you give me any experiences on this point, thank you for your = any inputs. Owen 2006.4.24 ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C66782.59BB62E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> &...

exchange 5.5 and 2003 coexist
My domain is mixed mode (have Windows 2003 AD, and a few WinNT DBC also, due to production reasons.) We are on Exchange 5.5, which I am in the middle of migrating to Exchange 2003 (it will be in mixed mode for a while until I am comfortable with Exchange 2003. I followed all the steps in the migration per Microsoft's outline. Everything seems to have gone fine. I have now Exchange 5.5 and 2003 on our network. I moved my mailbox to the Exchange 2003 as a guinea pig. I can send email within my company fine but I cannot receive/send any internet emails. I tried some of the ot...

Can't Open Item after Exchange 2003 Enterprise Install
I just installed a new Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with Exchnage 2003 Enterprise and some of my users have a problem opening some email messages. They get the error "Can't Open Item" Once they close Outlook XP SP-2, reopen Outlook and then try, they can open the email. This may happen to them 3 or more times a day. Any ideas? Thanks Brice P. Duffy Manager of Information Systems Mackall, Crounse & Moore, PLC bpd@mcmlaw.com What version of outlook? "Brice Duffy" <bpd@mcmlaw.com> wrote in message news:utKQV$$KFHA.1608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... &...

exchange 2003 mailbox can't read new mail
Hi all I have a problame - My Exchange 2003 sp2 hase started to get mail but i can't see the mail , Ihave chacked the mailbox DB' IT IS OK, I did disasterrecovery, but the problam is the same, i can see old mail but not the new mails ? What can it be ? ???? <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all > I have a problame - My Exchange 2003 sp2 hase started to get mail but > i can't see the mail , Ihave chacked the mailbox DB' IT IS OK, I did > disasterrecovery, but the problam is the same, i can see old mail but > not the new mails ? > What can it be...

Exchange defragmenting
Hi, I had just do an offline defragmenting with my exchange 2003 server. Because of low space in my c drive so i used d drive to store temp database. Now in d drive there are four files created by the system: tempdrfg.edb tem.edb tempdrfg.STM tem.STM While size of the actual edb and stm file (store in exchsrvr/bin directory) does not reduce. What I have to do now. On Tue, 16 May 2006 06:16:02 -0700, Amiit Mangla <AmiitMangla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I had just do an offline defragmenting with my exchange 2003 server. Because >of low space in my c dri...

Exchange 5.5 Administrator
I recently moved to a workstation running Windos XP Pro. I have not been able to install the Exchange 5.5 Admin. Does the Admin work under XP and if so is there a tweak needed to get it to install? "Ron Cooper" <Ron.Cooper@ssa.gov> wrote: >I recently moved to a workstation running Windos XP Pro. I >have not been able to install the Exchange 5.5 Admin. Does >the Admin work under XP and if so is there a tweak needed >to get it to install? 5.5 admin should be ok. There were problems with XP and ESM (2k) Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/r...

Masquerade Domain in Exchange 5.5
I need to know how to masquerade a domain in Exchange 5.5 ...

MS Outlook 2007 mis-type exchange criteria
I have evidently mistyped some data for MS Outlook when setting up an exchange account during a new install. The application completed the first run of the install but when it restarted it can not get past the splash for Configuring Outlook. I do get a sign in dialog box but entering the user id and pw only errors pop up until the app closes down, There seems to be no way to get back into the account set up screens or anything else for that matter to try to correct the problem. I have uninstalled the suite and re-installed but evidently some of the original reg information is ret...

Help with Exchange component of SBS2003
I have posted this to the Small Business Server forum and have not found any help, I thought I would try here... Okay, here is the problem....during an upgrade from SBS 2000 to SBS 2003, I experienced some sort of glitch that rendered the boot partition inaccessible. Since the partition could not be recovered through any method I tried, I decided to go ahead and do a clean install of SBS 2003 on that partition. SBS 2003 installed fine this time. Now the problem is the Exchange stores that were on the SBS 2000 server....the store database is still intact (I had it on a different pa...

Exchange 2K3-Mad.exe memory creep
For the last two weeks, I've been watching my mad.exe creep up in memory...like it's got a memory leak. It grabs so much memory (150Meg+ for a 2-user home/lab system) that it keeps causing my page file to grow. If I reboot, the memory gets reclaimed and it begins to creep steadily upward. Any ideas? Roger ********************************************************** *Roger A. Grimes, Computer Security Consultant *BanneretCS, LLC *CPA, MCSE:Security (NT/2000/2003/MVP), CNE (3/4), A+, Network+, Security+ *email:roger@banneretcs.com *cell: 757-615-3355 *Author of Malicious Mobil...

duplicate junk folders in Exchange mailboxes
Hi, Some of the users of our Exchange 2003 (RTM) suddenly startet to find a duplicate Junk Email Folder with a "1" at the end (something like "Junk Email1", though it's a localized version of Exchange so it's not in English). I have read some issues leading to duplicate folders but all seem to be related to the Outlook client, which is not used in our case (all accesses to these accounts with duplicate folders are done through OWA). I tried to connect to these accounts with Outlook 2003 with different command-line switches (like /ResetFolders, etc.) but with...

Migrating to Exchange 2003
Hi There I have about 50 users that presently have pop accounts and get their mail from our ISP's POP server. We are going to host our own mail on an exchange 2003 server. I need to take all the PST files that currently reside on each users PC and import them into the Exchange server as well as convert the clients to MAPI. I think ExMerge is what I should use to do this. Has anyone tried this before? Is ExMerge the right tool? Are there any better ways to do this Thanks, E For 50 users I would not bother with EXMERGE - manual import with OL will achieve the goal and you will have tight c...

Rule conflict with the exchange 2000
Hi i have win 2000 domain , i have exchange 2000 installed on it , the client have win xp , and office xp , my problem is that there is one user have made rules on the outlook in a rong wasy which couse a problem that every time he open his email profile from any workstation the following message appear >>>>server-request client action , error move copy , unable to create dest msg<<<< so how can i redo that rules , or solve that problem to not have this message appear again every time that user open his outlook profile from any computer i'll appreciate an...

Exchange Service Pack upgrade
When trying to install MS Exchange 2k service pack on our BlackBerry Server. I get the error: The component "microsoft exchange messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "update" because" - You can use this edition of Microsoft Exchange 2000 Service Pack Update to update existing version of Exchange 2000 only. Here's the funny thing Blackberry advised us to stop Exchange services on the Blackberry Box, since we are just using the Blackberry service. Help……. ...

tighter exchange integration??? 12-10-03
Has anyone thought of trying to build a bit tighter exchange integration? Like when a task is created in CRM having it go to exchange too? Etc? ...

MFC Dlls between VS 6, and VS 7.1
Hi there, quick question about MFC dlls. If I compile a simple "hello world" app in Visual C++ 6, and I type in at the command prompt: dumpbin /dependents hello.exe I get a list of the DLLs that hello.exe depends on: MFC42.DLL MSVCRT.dll KERNEL32.dll USER32.dll GDI32.dll COMCTL32.dll OLEAUT32.dll I do not have visual studio.net installed on my machine (yet). Could someone compile a simple MFC hello world app using VS 7.1 and see what DLLs it depends on using dumpbin? I'm asking because I know my clients only have MFC42.dll on their machines and I...

Word vs. Publisher
I routinely work in Publisher to produce a monthly report. The end product is great, but I was considering a more user-friendly program to produce the report in, such as Word, to make it easier on my colleagues in my absence. Training someone new on Publisher or obtaining Word 2007 is not possible at this time; limited resurces preclude these options. Any ideas how I can make optimal use of Word 2003 to produe a report as rich as I can with Publisher, with a minimum of "moving parts" (making it easy for anyone on staff to use with a minimum training curve)? Thanks Without k...

Exchange 2007/spam/windows mobile
I have just installed Exchange Server 2007 and have moved a couple of mailboxes over to it for testing. I am using the Anti-spam built into EX2007. When a mailbox receives spam, it goes to the Junk Mail folder in Outlook, but it is hitting the Inbox first. I have a Windows Mobile device setup to sync to the Inbox (I checked to make sure that the Junk Email folder is not selected and it is not). I have 2 different problems, but I believe they both are related. The first... when the spam message hit my mailbox, they are first hitting my inbox real quick and then being moved the Junk ...

Exchange 2007
Hallo. we have enabled recipient filtering for our organization as we are requested to reject with a SMTP connection error messages addressed to non existent recipients as follows: EMC - Organization Configuration - Hub Transport - Anti-spam - Recipient Filtering enabled Block messages sent to recipients not listed in the GAL Still, if I telnet on port 25 I get a 250 2.1.5 Recipient OK message to a RCPT TO:non_existent_user@mydomain.com We have 2 Exchange 2007 SP1 servers: both are HubTransport+ClientAccess+Mailbox+UnifiedMessaging Exch1 is Windows Server 2003 Ent R2 SP2 ...

Moving between Exchange servers, meeting organizers
We're having an issue moving a client to our hosted Exchange offering. In order to migrate them from their current Exchange provider we're exporting their Mailboxes to PST and then importing them to their new Exchange mailbox on our system. This works fine for most things except for events/meetings they've created with attendees, Outlook does not seem to recognize them as the owner of any of these events. Researching online about this hasn't yielded much other than an assumption on my part that the ownership of these events is not something exported to PST more th...