Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

I have an E2k3 SP1 enterprise edition server.  Whenever I reboot, the IMAP4
Virtual server does not start back up.  I have to go into Exchange System
Manager and manually start it.

How do I make it start automatically?

Tim

0
tjc7546 (11)

How is the service set up - to start manually or automatically?  Also, I'd
check the dependencies the service has.  It may be that it's trying to start
before the other services have completed starting.

Missy
"Tim" <tjc7546@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I have an E2k3 SP1 enterprise edition server.  Whenever I reboot, the IMAP4
Virtual server does not start back up.  I have to go into Exchange System
Manager and manually start it.

How do I make it start automatically?

Tim

0
missy7897 (16)
2/18/2005 7:02:15 PM
Anything relevant in App Event log?

Tim wrote:

> I have an E2k3 SP1 enterprise edition server.  Whenever I reboot, the IMAP4
> Virtual server does not start back up.  I have to go into Exchange System
> Manager and manually start it.
>
> How do I make it start automatically?
>
> Tim

0
kpalagin8074 (137)

Exchange Services keeps shutting down
Yesterday at about 3:30 pm the Exchanges Services started shutting down then the would restart. When I looked at the Service that are running sometimes the service would show that it is running BUT when I would click on the services and went into the Properties Box the service would show that is was Stopped. I updated Trend AV and ran a full scan and deleted a virus. I then rebooted the server and from 5:49 pm to about 6:10 pm the Exchange service have stopped and started about 40 times. Here are the servicres that keep shutting down Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service IIS Admin...

Distribution Lists residing on exchange servers
Hi All, I am trying to export distribution lists in Outlook 2003 to load onto another comupter that is on another domain. Here is the scenario: Computer A is on domain 1. Network migration occurs. Computer A is now on domain 2. I want to take the GAL from domain 1, and put it into their outlook on domain 2 (I don't need it to be updated). The two domains are totally seperate from each other... (i do not own domain 1, i DO own domain 2). I've tried several methods like creating a new data file copying info to it, then opening the file in the other domain. I have been unsuccessfu...

Populating an IMAP "To:" field
I let this bug me for almost 2 years, but it *IS* Possible, as the following points out (contrary to the lack of responses and denial posted elsewhere in these microsoft misinformation forums): For Outlook 2000/XP/2002: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284371 For Outlook 2003: 1) Select the IMAP mail folder with the broken/empty "To:" field. 2) Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Rules and Alerts..." 3) Select the IMAP account for this folder (should be pre-selected) 4) Click the "New Rule..." button 5) Select the "Start from a blank rule" r...

is the info in AD or Exchange?
Hi, Is the existence and location of mailboxes kept in AD or in Exchange? So if, for example a user's mailbox location was changed and then Exchange restored with a backup done before the move - will it work? Will the mailbox be moved back to the old location or will the restore fail? Thanks, Peter On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:58:17 +0700, Peter Kaufman <peterkhub-usenet@yahoo.ca> wrote: >Hi, > >Is the existence and location of mailboxes kept in AD or in Exchange? >So if, for example a user's mailbox location was changed and then >Exchange restored with a backup don...

Sober Virus and Exchange 2003
Anyone got an idea to stop the barrage of email from the Sober worm from constantly popping up from my user's Inbox? I have Exchange 2003 and GFI Mail Security Essentials so I already created a filter - blacklist *@cia.gov and *@fbi.gov - but the some emails keep coming in - although alot less. Our mail comes directly into the Exchange server from the outside (ISP). ISP does not have filtering unless we pay and change config to have SMTP go trough ISP first. I would prefer to handle it on our Exchange 2003 server. Thanks. On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 00:22:13 -0600, "@Amron@" ...

Restore Exchange question
I'm running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 Server. I've setup another network with same domain/AD running Windows 2003 server and installed Exchange 2003 server as well. I restored the exchange store db into this new exchange 2003 on the new network. The restore was successful. However because I didn't restore the windows AD state, I didn't had all the users in the AD. I noticed the mailboxes were not mapped because there wasn't any user in AD. I added few users with same login into the new AD. My question is is there a way to map the mailboxes I restored to the users in...

slow Exchange while groupshield
Hello Since the newest DAT files our exchange server is very slow. Outlook reports 'requesting data...' very often. If I stop groupshield everything works fine again. store.exe consumes around 25% CPU all the time and has about 60000 pages faults per second. Exchange Version 2000 SP3 Groupshield version 5.20.689 engine version 4.4.00 dat version 4409 any ideas? thanks Thomas Sometimes the anti-virus packages will run a full scan of the mailbox stores after a new definition package is downloaded. You can check with your AV vendor and turn this feature off. The scan will run around ...

IE/OE startup problem
On a system using Win 98SE IE6 and OE when trying to open IE or OE I get a screen that wants to guide me to connect to the net via MSN asking for dialup info. I am using a cable connection and the system was fine until I had reason to reboot it. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - ...

Wholesale vs Retail
I run a sporting goods and custom team store and have inherited the RMS system (of which I really like). However I have a few questions between retail and wholesale. I have regular retail customers and team sales customers. Is there a way to categorize between the two when processing transactions? Right now for my team sales I use the Transfer Out option in Ops Manager and create an invoice (excel spreadsheet) for the goods (i dont run it through the POS side) Is there an invoicing utility or format that is not receipt based? Thanks Jamie You should use the RMS POS for both retail ...

exchange calender sync to .pst file
I'm trying to sync my work calendar, which is on an exchange server, so my home outlook, which is in a .pst file. I tried to "export" the calendar into a pst file, which works, except I use the option "replace any duplicate events" and when I open up the calendar, it leaves duplicates. Is there a way to sync the calendars w/o getting duplicates? I really just need to download the work calendar and place it in my home calendar, not the other way. Suggestions? Thanks! Matt wrote: > I'm trying to sync my work calendar, which is on an exchange server, ...

Need remote Clients to have open SMTP relay with windows authentication in Exchange 2003
Hi all ... first time posting here, but i have been able to find many answers to other questions in the past ... Unfortunatley I may be in a bit over my head with this one. I have about 100 remote users and until now they have not been required to send email over SMTP to domains out side of ours. Now we have a directive from above to allow relaying from dialup and remote users but need to setup SMTP authentication. Current config ... Server: Windows 2003 server Exchange 2003 server SP1 Firewall permitting any traffic on ports 110 and 25 Security options for SMTP in the System Manager is se...

OWA (Exchange 2003) Japanese characters not displayed correctly
I am currently running W2K3 with E2K3sp1. I have several Japanese officers in the company that use the Japanese OS and when they are using OWA to check e-mails the japanese characters in the body of the message do not display correctly. When you view the html code the characters are correct. Any ideas? Tom ...

Growing Exchange store problem
Hi, I have an Exchange 2003 Standard server that was happily running for 18 months. We purchased and installed reporting application to monitor usage. It runs as a service and uses ExOleDB to pull data from the Exchange store. The developer has indicated that it is 'read only' to the database. However, every time it runs we see instant and significant growth in the DB. We actually upgraded to Enterprise before we discovered this problem (5000 dollars wasted!). The database is now sitting at 22gig but ESM mailbox sizes only add up to 3.5 gig. Previous offline defrags have not ...

Exchange 2003
Hi, I have an Exchange 2003 server with two e-mail domains, outbounds mails from these domains needs to be forwarded via different connectors. I am trying to set up the connectors so that outbound emails for domain A route via Smarthost A and outbound emails for domain B route via Smarthost B. I cannot see anywhere in the SMTP connector setup that let me restrict which domain name is route. Can any help? "Chris Hart" <ChrisHart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27939A70-35E9-486D-BABA-BAC339D53EE4@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I hav...

Recovering exchange after MAJOR failure
After a major hard disk failure and backups that didnt work, I have to try and recover 500MB of emails from the now defunct exchange server. The only bit of data that I have managed to recover is priv.mdb (550MB). I need to try and export the email data from that file and recover it to the newly-configured Exchange server. Its a long shot I know but my client is depending on some of the data contained within that file. Any ideas on how to even try and attempt to recover things? I don't have any of the log files, or anything else associated with the old server, just the priv.mdb. Than...

Exchange connection to DC
We just had an interesting problem, and wanted to see if anyone else has seen this, or knows how to resolve it. We have an Exchange 2000 server in a domain with 3 Domain Controllers (two at one site, and one at another). We just were forced to reboot DC1 (the GC for the domain) and the Exchange server stopped responding. In DNS on Exchange we have all three DCs listed, but Exchange seemed to look to JUST the one DC. How can I set this up so that if any of the DCs are down, Exchange will still work? Thanks You can set up more than one GC in a domain... Saludos, Pablo Vernocchi vern...

Exchange Email being routed through second server
I have two servers, one in NY and one in CA. The NY server is my main server. They are both exchange 2003, NY is SP2, CA isn't . My problem is that email is supposed to go out from NY and we have noticed that a good bulk of it is going out from the CA server. We tell that by viewing the headers. Now I want it my email to keep going out from our NY location, but I am stumped on where to start looking right now. Is it a relay issue or does exchange just pick it's outgoing server ramdomly. Anyone's help is greatly appreciated. If you want all e-mail to go out via the NY server,...

Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 SP2
Hi, Wondering if anyone has had problems with applying Windows 2003 SP2 on an Exchange 2003 SP2 server.. Thanks !!! -- On 11 Apr, 11:59, "Thinkpad21" <thinkpa...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Wondering if anyone has had problems with applying Windows 2003 SP2 on an > Exchange 2003 SP2 server.. > > Thanks !!! > > -- I applied it to my Exchange Server 2003 Standard almost three weeks ago now and have had no apparent problems - my Exchange Server is not heavily used just yet though, still pretty much trialling it with a small group. ...

Exchange Server 2003
How can I configure our server to host and receive/send mails from mulitple domains? all you have to do is make sure the public MX record for your domains point to the public address of your exchange server. then simply create a "recipient policy" for each domain you want to receive mail for. do this in exchange system manager "Lesley L." <Lesley L.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:935693C4-6199-4CBD-97EB-2812FE6CEA00@microsoft.com... > How can I configure our server to host and receive/send mails from > mulitple > domains? ...

Office MAC 2004 startup message
When I click on a Word or Excel document in MAC Office 2004 I get a warning message stating the document is about to be opened by Word or Excel. I used to be able to just click on the file and the application would open right away. The files I am clicking on were create in the same version of Office. Any suggetions??? On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:19:41 -0500, David McCallum wrote (in article <47a8ee01.0410181219.6f8e5e8a@posting.google.com>): > When I click on a Word or Excel document in MAC Office 2004 I get a > warning message stating the document is about to be opened by Word or &...

Exchange 2003 #40
I need help coming up with a virus outbreak plan. We are using Exchange 2003. Any ideas?? http://www.sybari.com http:///www.antivirus.com -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "AJ" <mzalj@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:eksNzLrvFHA.2556@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I need help coming up with a virus outbreak plan. We are using Exchange > 2003. Any ideas?? > > ...

Exchange 2003 and attachment blocking
I use ISA 2000 and Exchange 2003. Is there a way to block file attachments that come in with emails at the server level? I dont want to use any third party software. Thanks hi The Anti virus program can do that, if you dont have any antivirus on your server, my advice is to install Trend Micro - Scan Mail Regards, Shai Netanel If my answer help you please click "YES" "Jeff" wrote: > I use ISA 2000 and Exchange 2003. Is there a way to block > file attachments that come in with emails at the server > level? > I dont want to use any third party software...

Exchange 2003 eating up disk space
I'm running Exchange2003 in a Small Business Server environment. It appears to be eating a lot of disk space. Has anyone found problems/solutions for this? Hi, Can you be more specific? Which Exchange data file(s) is/are consuming disk space? -- Scott Schnoll This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A284AB5D-3C61-4EDA-AB25-CED1BCB1834D@microsoft.com... > I'...

-> Backing up all messages without keeping links to Exchange?
Hi, is there a simple way to backup all messages (in all folders/sub folders) locally so I can use them on a computer without any internet links to Exchange? I fear that just saving messages and opening them on another computer might ask me to establish the link to the Exchange server. That's what I want to break: remove all references to Exchange and keep those messages as a personal file (PST) only? Is there a way? Thanks for any help in archiving those messages. Sincerely, Steve JORDI (Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address) ---------------------------------...

Exchange 2003 Message filtering and 2rd party Anti Spam software A
Can you install Exchange 2003 Message Filtering on a Exchange 2003 server already using a 3rd party ANTI Spam product like SpamKiller. SpamKiller uses the Transport API, does anyone know if the MS IMF does as well? If so would there be a conflict when both try to examine an Incoming email? On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:25:03 -0800, "John Mac" <John Mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can you install Exchange 2003 Message Filtering on a Exchange 2003 server >already using a 3rd party ANTI Spam product like SpamKiller. SpamKiller uses >the Transport API, does anyo...