Exchange 2K: Controlling incoming email formats....

Question...

AFAIK (and correct me if I am wrong), Exchange natively only lets you
control message formats for messages that are downloaded to POP\IMAP
clients.

For security reasons, I would like Exchange to convert all incoming\outgoing
email from\to external domains, as well as INTRA-domain email , to plain
text format.  In other words, I do not want to see anymore html email on my
server going in and out, just plain text.

Is there a setting for this for Exchange to handle this natively?  If not,
what (if any) 3rd party solutions are out there for this?

Thanks,
George

0
me1 (409)

Here's the Resolution:
1) Open up Exchange System Manager
2) Go under the Global Settings.
3) Click on Internet Message Formats
4) On the right pane double click on the "default"
5) Go to Message Format tab and there you can make these settings.

--
Mike Manjunath
Microsoft Corp.

"Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only."
rights."

"George Ojeda" <me@me.com> wrote in message
> Question...
>
> AFAIK (and correct me if I am wrong), Exchange natively only lets you
> control message formats for messages that are downloaded to POP\IMAP
> clients.
>
> For security reasons, I would like Exchange to convert all
incoming\outgoing
> email from\to external domains, as well as INTRA-domain email , to plain
> text format.  In other words, I do not want to see anymore html email on
my
> server going in and out, just plain text.
>
> Is there a setting for this for Exchange to handle this natively?  If not,
> what (if any) 3rd party solutions are out there for this?
>
> Thanks,
> George

0
mikeman (55)
1/24/2004 10:28:25 PM
Thanks for the response Mike.  But correct me if I am wrong, those settings
are for the control of outbound messages from the server to the 'net, aren't
they?

Essentially what I am after is an html scrubber.  It is descibed in Q307594
as a registry change for OL2002.  I am looking for this functionality on the
server level.

If what you told me are the settings I need to change, what do I chose to
make all inbound messages plain text?  The language in the help file points
to these Exchange settings for outbound messages.

Regards,
George

"Mike Manjunath [MSFT]" <mikeman@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here's the Resolution:
> 1) Open up Exchange System Manager
> 2) Go under the Global Settings.
> 3) Click on Internet Message Formats
> 4) On the right pane double click on the "default"
> 5) Go to Message Format tab and there you can make these settings.
>
> --
> Mike Manjunath
> Microsoft Corp.
>
> "Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only."
> "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights."
>

> "George Ojeda" <me@me.com> wrote in message
> > Question...
> >
> > AFAIK (and correct me if I am wrong), Exchange natively only lets you
> > control message formats for messages that are downloaded to POP\IMAP
> > clients.
> >
> > For security reasons, I would like Exchange to convert all
> incoming\outgoing
> > email from\to external domains, as well as INTRA-domain email , to plain
> > text format.  In other words, I do not want to see anymore html email on
> my
> > server going in and out, just plain text.
> >
> > Is there a setting for this for Exchange to handle this natively?  If
not,
> > what (if any) 3rd party solutions are out there for this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > George

0
me1 (409)

how can i change my email address outgoing.
Ok, I have an email address which is 'piggy backed' to my normal email address so that anything from work comes through to my outllook account. When i receive mail it comes through as being sent to it ok. My question is how can i set it up so that my personal email doesn't show up on outgoing mail but shows as my business mail address thus looking more professional.? me2130 wrote: > Ok, I have an email address which is 'piggy backed' to my normal email > address so that anything from work comes through to my outllook account. > When i receiv...

produce contacts from recieved emails
I have a mailbox, which has 300 emails in it in Outlook 2000, and I would like a way of creating either a "contact" or an item in a Personal Address Book without opening each email and clicking the name and add to contacts? Is there a addin or a way of doing this? Thanks Garry W ...

All Emails Have Disappeared
When I went today to check my emails in my inbox, my computer froze and I rebooted and went back in but to find that all my emails have disappeared from my inbox; however, all my other folders (sent, drafts, deleted, etc. emails are there). I thought it was comcast and called them but they said it is in OUtlook. This has never happened to me before and have rebooted in the past and all my emails have been there. Where are they and how do I retrieve them back? Desperate - please respond - I need someone's intellect and wisdom to resolve this problem. Thank you - Deborah What...

Emailing in excel 2003 01-29-10
Hi all Guru, I have created a button which emails the addresses as shown below, what i would prefer if i could have it so that it emails what ever email address is in cell B10, instead of having set email addresses. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ActiveWorkbook.Save Dim Response As String Dim DefaultFolder As String, DefaultFileName As String Dim FileToSave Dim OutApp As Object 'this emails operations manager Dim OutMail As Object Dim strbody As String Response = MsgBox("Are you sure you want to Approve this PIP?", _ vbYesNo + vbInformatio...

Color box unavailable on Patterns tab in "format data series"
I have a user who is working with some charts and can not edit the color box (is grayed out) on the patterns tab in “format data series”. We feel it is a user setting or something because a different user can pull in the same spreadsheet and edit the color of a graph bar just fine… Has anyone encountered this? Any suggestions? ...

Unable to Send or Receive Emails
Hiya!, I have been trying to send emails from outlook 2003 with no success and also trying from my other email syill with no joy???...I have a hotmail account which i upgraded to outlook live yesterday...but all i get when sending is a error message...ox800cccfo..service unavailable try later?????? This is the Error message in full: Task 'Hotmail-sending' reported error (OX800CCFO)..The service is currently unavailable. try again later. The server responded 'service unavailable'.....after trying to send i then go into the outbox and then click and it then says message not sen...

exchange user mailbox not created
Hi guys, Have exch 2003 on win2003 svr in new AD forest. New user is created and "Create exchange mailbox" is selected for new user. Try to activate mailbox from outlook but name is not listed in GAL. Have restarted RUS, - no change. Failing an exchange server restart is there any way to tell AD / exchange to get its act together and create the mailbox. The properties of user does not display an smtp email address. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards Peter pls following the KB 286356 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286356/en-us -- Jammyù�ٴ� "cumis...

Powershell script to create Resource Rooms Exchange 2007
I am attemting to make a script to create room accounts via powershell that will set the appropriate -mailboxcalendarsettings depending on the user input. Everything works fine if I put a 5 minute pause between new-mailbox and set-mailboxcalendarsettings. It is like the mailbox isn't fully created, get-mailboxcalenarsettings gives an error "cannot open mailbox" for the first 3-5 mins after creation. Is there a way to tap the mailbox via powershell to speed up the process? Or a setting I can change on the server? Any help or ideas are appreciated! ...

How to stop Outlook 2K/XP from popping up asking for permission to send mail from a VB application
Once applied the latest security patches from Microsoft, OL on our VB app client machines keep popping up dialog box asking for permission to send mail using OL. Is there anyway to by pass this programmatically or by configuring OL client? Thanks a million. Bill Hello Bill, I don't think so, and I don't think there is a registry setting either. But having just retired (from an IT helpdesk position) I know our department seriously looked into this and in the end opted for "ClickYes" as a workaround until they got the software modified. I have pasted a hyperlink below. http...

CRM Exchange Router stop working if I install the auto accept agent for exchange????
Hi, I can't setup my server to run the auto accept agent and the CRM router on the same server!!! If I setup the CRM router, the auto acccept agent stop working, if I install the auto accept agent, the crm router stop working!!!! the CRM router service simply don't start. I'm using the auto accept agent to manage my meeting room usage. any idea??? there is some conflicts? if yes, there is a solution? thanks. Jerome. ...

Combo box to control two sub forms
I have a combo box on a form that I want to control the data viewed in two sub forms. The combo box list months in the mmm format. One of the sub forms is requests that have been approved with the date (mmm-yy) the other sub form is requests that have been denied with the date (mmm-yy). When I select Jan from the combo box, I want the sub forms to display only the records having to do with that month. Is this even possible? Your combobox provides only a month criteria while your data is both year and month. That's not a problem except when you select a month, your subform d...

[MAPILAB ANN.] Native POP3 Connector v2 for Exchange/SBS
We are proudly bringing to your attention our new product: Native POP3 Connector version 2. Free trial download is available! Comparing to the first version this is a completely new solution which enables Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/2003 (Small Business Server 2000/2003) to work with POP3 mail in a complete and native way. Beside the others it includes the following key features: #1 INTEGRATION Exchange System Manager full integration with the distributed administration feature. NPC is a native solution for Exchange Server: you can manage and configure it as if it were a st...

Change control workflow
Does anyone have any experience creating a change control workflow? For example if we want all firewall changes to have an audit trail, and we need someone other than who did the work to cross-check and sign it off before that ticket can be closed? Many thanks, Adam ...

Single Exchange server with multiple domains
Hello, My company was just acquired and the new owners are asking that I merge our two Exchange servers into a single server. We are running two domains. Is it possible for a user in one Windows domain to access an Exchange server in another domain? Jeff <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > My company was just acquired and the new owners are asking that I > merge our two Exchange servers into a single server. We are running > two domains. Is it possible for a user in one Windows domain to > access an Exchange server in another domain? Sure, if you...

Workflow Rule OK but no email sent
Hi All, I have been using workflow for quite some time but only just have the requirement to send an email. My problem is that the rule runs okay and I can see no errors in the monitor log (the rule finishes as expected), but no email is received. My exchange server is a different server to the CRM server, the email router works fine. The CRM server has the SMTP service installed as part of IIS. I have checked trace logs etc but am not sure where to look next to troubleshoot this. Any advice on where to look or an explanation as to how the workflow sends an email would be mos...

SBS2008 R2 ?? / Exchange 2010 ?? / SBS2010 ??
I have a client on SBS2003 R2. They're okay with it, as it has been very stable environment for them. They would have upgraded to SBS2008 but decided not to because they see it as "an interim release" between SBS2008 R2 or SBS2010. Would you say that's a correct way of looking at this. I know the Exchange 2007 is a nice improvement with SBS2008. But they're actually okay with Exchange 2003 for now. They think they might want to wait for Exchange 2010 to be included before they consider upgrading. Not to rush them if they're happy, but I'm ju...

Microsoft exchange ports
I'm trying to open my outlook trough a vpn connection on which i configured ip filter my question what port do i have to open to get my connection done? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en- us;155831& http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280132 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to open my outlook trough a vpn connection on >which i configured ip filter my question what port do i >have to open to get my connection done? >. > ...

Move OWA emails to new mailbox
I have an OWA account where they are change their email address. I know I can get new emails to them but how can I get emails that are stored on the server moved to the new OWA account. On 14 Jul 2006 11:45:08 -0700, wcutler@gmail.com wrote: >I have an OWA account where they are change their email address. I >know I can get new emails to them but how can I get emails that are >stored on the server moved to the new OWA account. Explain that again, you don't make sense here, even if you did ask the question three times. On 14 Jul 2006 11:45:08 -0700, wcutler@gmail.com wrote: ...

Cannot receive email
Account: 'Dorothy Groce', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "SamG" wrote in message news:B8928831-6E73-4E1B-97D2-085871BF3DB1@microsoft.com... Account: 'Dorothy Groce', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net',...

Moving mailboxes from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 changes size
When we move mailboxes from Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003 server it increases the mailbox size which causes issues with our users. Can someone tell me why this is happening and what to do if anything to prevent it from occurring? It may be possible that you have a high ratio of single instance storage. When someone sends an e-mail to multiple people on you exchange server it only stores one attachement and each user recieves a pointer that points to it. (this is all transparent to the user) But when you start moving mailboxes for any reason it breaks this and makes a single a...

I need to block emails from certain domains
How do I block emails inbound and outbound from say monster.com This is exchange 2k3 You need to set up a sender filter. you have to do this via the Global Settings\Message Delivery in your top level Exchange org. right click and go to properties. click the sender filtering Tab, then click add. add *@monster.com and do the following. Go to your server under the admin group, then protocols, then smtp. right click your default smtp (or the ones you want this filter to apply to) and on the general tab, click advanced, then click edit and check the apply sender filter and click ok. ...

Excel Cell Format for Numberic Values
When I export data having 20 numeric characters, Excel will put in place a scientifc equation. The numbers are rounded off after 15 characters. Cannot get Excel to display all 20 numeric numbers. Any ideas on how to get Excel to read all 20 numbers in a cell? Hi not possible. Excel only supports 15 significant digits -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4324528D-BBAB-493C-A1B0-EC108BCB6571@microsoft.com... > When I export data having 20 numeric characters, Excel will put in place a > scientifc e...

Custom Address in Exchange 2003 for x500
Hopefully someone has does this before. I'm currently trying to implement a recipient policy that will update the recipient contacts in AD and add an x500 address that will match our old Exchange 5.5 x500. Everytime I try to add a custom address type with x500 I receive the following message: The e-mail address description object in the Microsoft Exchange directory for the 'x500' address type on 'i386' machines is missing. Has anyone been able to accomplish this before? What did you need to do? Thanks in advance, Dave You need a proxy address generator DLL for th...

copy format and formulas of one report to a second report
I need to copy a report to create a second report, and am looking to know how to globally change formulas to a different table/query. The fields in the two tables are identical, the data results are different. Example of a Current formula: =Sum(IIf([Customer Sat Results database]![The service or information you received was appropriate and help]="Good",1,0)) New report formula would be: =Sum(IIf([Internet Customer Sat Results database Query1]![The service or information you received was appropriate and help]="Good",1,0)) there are about 96 formulas t...

conditional formating #11
Here is what I want it to happen: There is a number in cell A1 and a text in A2. When I change the number in A1 I want the "text" change in A2. How can I do this with conditional formatting? I know how to change the "format" of A2, but what I want is a change of the text in A2. um... why not just use an "IF" statement in A2...? On May 12, 10:55=A0am, "minimus" <mini...@live.co.uk> wrote: > Here is what I want it to happen: > > There is a number in cell A1 and a text in A2. When I change the number i= n > A1 I want the "tex...