Exchange 2007: Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO ...

Please anyone, help! Exchange does not work!
Local email delivery does not work on Exchange 2007. The following
three error logs repeat itself:

Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	MSExchangeMailSubmission
Event Category:	MSExchangeMailSubmission
Event ID:	1009
[comments: thats strange, because there is!]

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Userenv
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	1058
Date:		9-12-2006
Time:		6:08:06
User:		NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer:	Server
CN={31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9},CN=Policies,CN=System,DC=Sadhana,DC=local.
The file must be present at the location
<\\Sadhana.local\sysvol\Sadhana.local\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\gpt.ini>.
(Configuration information could not be read from the domain
controller, either because the machine is unavailable, or access has
been denied. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Userenv
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	1030
Date:		9-12-2006
Time:		6:08:06
User:		NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer:Server
Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. Check the
event log for possible messages previously logged by the policy engine
that describes the reason for this.

0
premmetje (84)

I'd ignore the Exchange thing for the time being. Focus on:
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1058&eventno=1752&source=Userenv&phase=1
which will present to you some site related issues within Active
Directory. If you do have these issues it's perfectly conceivable that
Exchange throws an epi and decides that it can't find the HT role,
even if it's on the same box as the MB role.
0
mark7219 (5666)
12/9/2006 3:57:39 PM
By changing the access order of the network cards (according to the
website you mentioned) the group policy error messages do not return
any more. Thank you.
However, the error message "There is no active hub transport server"
keeps returning. Thats strange, because I cant see anything being wrong
in the Exchange Management console.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

> I'd ignore the Exchange thing for the time being. Focus on:
> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1058&eventno=1752&source=Userenv&phase=1
> which will present to you some site related issues within Active
> Directory. If you do have these issues it's perfectly conceivable that
> Exchange throws an epi and decides that it can't find the HT role,
> even if it's on the same box as the MB role.

0
premmetje (84)
12/9/2006 9:53:30 PM
And you're sure that you installed the HT role, the HT service is
started?
You have gone into Monad and uninstalled the role, rebooted the box
and then reinstalled the role?
You have fully checked ADS&S to make sure there's no mistake anywhere
with sites and subnet entries?
0
mark7219 (5666)
12/10/2006 9:28:46 AM
Do you have a 2007 server with the Hub Transport server role installed?
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> Please anyone, help! Exchange does not work!
> Local email delivery does not work on Exchange 2007. The following
> three error logs repeat itself:
>
> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: MSExchangeMailSubmission
> Event Category: MSExchangeMailSubmission
> Event ID: 1009
> [comments: thats strange, because there is!]
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Userenv
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1058
> Date: 9-12-2006
> Time: 6:08:06
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: Server
> CN={31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9},CN=Policies,CN=System,DC=Sadhana,DC=local.
> The file must be present at the location
> <\\Sadhana.local\sysvol\Sadhana.local\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\gpt.ini>.
> (Configuration information could not be read from the domain
> controller, either because the machine is unavailable, or access has
> been denied. ). Group Policy processing aborted.
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Userenv
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1030
> Date: 9-12-2006
> Time: 6:08:06
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer:Server
> Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. Check the
> event log for possible messages previously logged by the policy engine
> that describes the reason for this.

0
bharat3597 (1006)
12/10/2006 5:54:36 PM
Thanks both for helpful suggestions: I removed and reinstalled the hub
transport role, and all is working again. This was caused by changing
settings in a network card on the server. I thought that was the
problem, but changing back the settings of the card only, does not make
the hub transport working again, must reinstall the hub transport.

> Do you have a 2007 server with the Hub Transport server role installed?
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> > Please anyone, help! Exchange does not work!
> > Local email delivery does not work on Exchange 2007. The following
> > three error logs repeat itself:
> >
> > Event Type: Warning
> > Event Source: MSExchangeMailSubmission
> > Event Category: MSExchangeMailSubmission
> > Event ID: 1009
> > [comments: thats strange, because there is!]
> >
> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: Userenv
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 1058
> > Date: 9-12-2006
> > Time: 6:08:06
> > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> > Computer: Server
> > CN={31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9},CN=Policies,CN=System,DC=Sadhana,DC=local.
> > The file must be present at the location
> > <\\Sadhana.local\sysvol\Sadhana.local\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\gpt.ini>.
> > (Configuration information could not be read from the domain
> > controller, either because the machine is unavailable, or access has
> > been denied. ). Group Policy processing aborted.
> >
> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: Userenv
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 1030
> > Date: 9-12-2006
> > Time: 6:08:06
> > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> > Computer:Server
> > Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. Check the
> > event log for possible messages previously logged by the policy engine
> > that describes the reason for this.

0
premmetje (84)

Exchange 2003
I can't seem to get the simple display name to work. I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't restarted the information store service yet. I thought that with SP2 it should fix this issue. I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003. -- La Senza Support In news:00243A09-C043-4224-A45F-FC02CDFB1FEC@microsoft.com, La Senza Support <LaSenzaSupport@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I can't seem to get the simple display name to work. > I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't > restarted the information store service...

PST file locaion under Win7
Hi, Where does outlook 2007 keeps PST files under windows7? Apparently under Users/myname there is no folder AppData\Local... Thank you for your help. ...

Linking files 2 ways

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Reporting from Project Server

Maximum file sizes

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

File size #11

find action on log file

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Filters not working in Exchange 2003