Exchange 2007 - Schedule+Free Busy

Howdy, I'm trying to figure out why I can't see free busy data in Exchange
2007 when using Outlook 2003 clients even though it works for OWA.   I went
ot exchange 2007 system console, tools, public folder management, public
folders, system Public folders, went to the properties of Schedule+free
busy.   If I click on Exchange General, I always get this screen.  The
properties on "schedule+ Free Busy Information - Exchange Administrative
Group " have invalid data.   If you click OK, default falues will be used
instead and will be saved if you do not change them before hitting apply or
OK on the property page.   If you click cancel, the object will be displayed
read-only and corrupted values will be retained.

The following values have invalid data:
Name.

 Have tried setting Alias, display name, and simple display name to things
like test - no spaces all under 8 characters and it still gives me an error
message -

The name property contains leading or trailing whitespace which must be
removed - there are no spaces at the beginning, end or middle of those three
names and they are all under 8 characters - not sure where it is finding the
space.

even if it is setting it to default as it claims it is, it still has the
same issue after I open the public folder the same way in ESM on exchange
2007.   This is a standalone server - no edge, no exchange 2003 etc.

0
boe_d1 (44)

EX:/o=First Organization/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
might be the name of it but I can't seem to change that to any name that it
will accept.
"boe" <boe_d@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Howdy, I'm trying to figure out why I can't see free busy data in Exchange
> 2007 when using Outlook 2003 clients even though it works for OWA.   I
> went ot exchange 2007 system console, tools, public folder management,
> public folders, system Public folders, went to the properties of
> Schedule+free busy.   If I click on Exchange General, I always get this
> screen.  The properties on "schedule+ Free Busy Information - Exchange
> Administrative Group " have invalid data.   If you click OK, default
> falues will be used instead and will be saved if you do not change them
> before hitting apply or OK on the property page.   If you click cancel,
> the object will be displayed read-only and corrupted values will be
> retained.
>
> The following values have invalid data:
> Name.
>
> Have tried setting Alias, display name, and simple display name to things
> like test - no spaces all under 8 characters and it still gives me an
> error message -
>
> The name property contains leading or trailing whitespace which must be
> removed - there are no spaces at the beginning, end or middle of those
> three names and they are all under 8 characters - not sure where it is
> finding the space.
>
> even if it is setting it to default as it claims it is, it still has the
> same issue after I open the public folder the same way in ESM on exchange
> 2007.   This is a standalone server - no edge, no exchange 2003 etc.

0
boe_d1 (44)
4/29/2007 6:23:19 PM
I think I have it from what I read somewhere else - going into IIS, EWS and
BIN need to have integrated Windows authentication turned on.   I can't be
sure what did it as I've been tinkering all day but after rebooting to see
if something needed resetting it works in 2003 for me.

"boe" <boe_d@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Howdy, I'm trying to figure out why I can't see free busy data in Exchange
> 2007 when using Outlook 2003 clients even though it works for OWA.   I
> went ot exchange 2007 system console, tools, public folder management,
> public folders, system Public folders, went to the properties of
> Schedule+free busy.   If I click on Exchange General, I always get this
> screen.  The properties on "schedule+ Free Busy Information - Exchange
> Administrative Group " have invalid data.   If you click OK, default
> falues will be used instead and will be saved if you do not change them
> before hitting apply or OK on the property page.   If you click cancel,
> the object will be displayed read-only and corrupted values will be
> retained.
>
> The following values have invalid data:
> Name.
>
> Have tried setting Alias, display name, and simple display name to things
> like test - no spaces all under 8 characters and it still gives me an
> error message -
>
> The name property contains leading or trailing whitespace which must be
> removed - there are no spaces at the beginning, end or middle of those
> three names and they are all under 8 characters - not sure where it is
> finding the space.
>
> even if it is setting it to default as it claims it is, it still has the
> same issue after I open the public folder the same way in ESM on exchange
> 2007.   This is a standalone server - no edge, no exchange 2003 etc.

0
boe_d1 (44)

Security Vulnerability in Outlook 2007 email Encryption
I am using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. When someone with whom I have exchanged digital ID's with sends me an encrypted e-mail and I attempt a straight-forward "Reply To" there is an error message "Microsoft Outlook had problems encrypting this message ... recipients had missing or invalid certificates, or conflicting or unsupported encryption capabilities". The choices offered are to send unencrypted or to cancel. However, send unencrypted doesn't work. So then if I save the "Reply To" as a draft, restart Outlook, and then send the draf...

exchange sent folder
We are sending email via exchange from SmtpClient. email is sent fine but it isn't appearing in my sent folder from exchange - my email is the from email. Any ideas? Darin *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

Free / Busy Replication Error
We keep getting the error below in our Application Event Log. It has been happening since I made our Exchange 2003 Server native (previously there was an Exchange 5.5 server it was replicating with). All public folders are located on the new Exchange Server (MAIL01) and there are no other replication partners in the list. When making the Exchange setup native, I followed the steps recommended by Microsoft so think that all is in order as regards this. Any ideas / help would really be apprecaited! Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID:...

Exchange DST Patch KB926666
The DST patch for exchange server doesn't allow any user to send as a domain admin. This is an issue because us 4 domain admins at work here can't send emails from our blackberry anymore. We have tried to manually reapply the send as permission to each domain admin account, but after about an hour the permission is removed. We also have set the send as permission on the AdminSDHolder object and have the domain admins inherit the permission. That doesn't work because after the same period of time the check box that allows the account to inherit permissions from above becomes...

How do i show the office assistant in microsoft 2007?
I wanna see the paper clip dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The office assistant is no longer available in Office 2007. Yves "Frankdoodle" <Frankdoodle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20606EED-B915-436B-A9E1-21DCAA2CE632@microsoft.com... >I wanna see the paper clip dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.appscout.com/2007/02/to_kill_a_paperclip.php -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 23:15...

Populate Exchange public folder with contacts from txt file
I have just set up a new Exchange 2003 server, and i would like to make available to all users a number of external email contatcs that i have in a text file. The process of importing contacts to Public Folder should be repeated periodically (let's say weekly), and should not be made by manual user interaction, but programmatically. Being new to the Exchange word I cannot find any way to do this, and all the hints i did find involve the use of the outlook client with cut&paste or drag&drop of contacts. Any help appreciated Best regards Francesco I suppose a script could do...

Anyone know of a free sample demand letter for personal injury?
I've contacted several lawyers through a pre paid legal program, and they all say my injuries aren't severe enough for them to make enough money to offset the time they would put into actually representing me. So the last one suggested I write up a demand letter, gave me an overview of what to put in it, and then the program can review my letter before sending. I've searched online for sample demand letters and got some pointers but wanted an actual sample. Anyone-ideas? ...

345 free programming books
Check it out, ^_^ http://ttcom.blogspot.com/2006/04/345-free-online-programming-books.html ...

Exchange 2003: How to see meeting room availability within Outlook Web Access
We have an Exchange 2003 cluster sitting on Windows Server 2003. We have plenty of mailboxes for meeting rooms that are normal ADUC mail enabled users, not in public folders. Our users are complaining that they cannot see message room availability. I have tested this myself and have found that when click on new appointment followed by availability, and then choose a meeting room. A username / password box immediately pops up, and does not accept my credentials. After three attempts it says 'access denied' and so we cannot see the meeting room calendar to ascertain availability....

Deleting Business Units 07-12-05
I am new to CRM and trying to setup our organisation. I have created a Business Unit which I now do not want, so want to Delete it. According to the Help, I should be able to select the BU and select delete from the Action menu. But when I look at the Action menu the only options are Enable, Disable & Change Parent BU. There is no option to delete. I thought it might be that the Role assigned to my user didn't allow delete. I am set to the Administrator role. I looked at modifying the Administrator Role to allow Delete's on BU's but this didn't seem to be an option....

HOT Reqs : Microsoft Business Solutions | 12+ Months | Chicago, IL (Functional and technical)
HOT Reqs : Microsoft Business Solutions | 12+ Months | Chicago, IL (Functional and technical) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Business Solutions (Microsoft Small Business Financials) Need one resource each for Functional and Technical roles. Location : Chicago, IL Duration : 12+ Months Funtional : This person will be responsible for the requirements gathering and setting up the system. Technical : This person will be responsible for installing and maintaining th...

Schedule service activity duration problem
I'm trying to increase the "Duration" time in the Schedule Service Activity screen to 15 days. Anything above 10 days and a message appears "The duration of this appointment is invalid". Any assistance would be appreciated. ...

Money 2007: odd behavior of transactions in loan account
Hello, In Money 2007, looking into loan account with payments made from checking account, when I click the transaction, for some transactions the Category is grey/disabled, while for others it's enabled. The category is "transfer from checking". If I pick a transction where it's enabled and click "split", the split screen for some reason shows that the whole amount is unassigned, and the sum of splits = $0 - even though "transfer from checking" does appear above with correct amount. But then, if I click on the empty line, "unassigned" dis...

upgrade to exchange enterprise
Hello - We currently have Exchange Std. and I've been noticing that our database size is rapidly increasing to the 16gb limit. I want to upgrade to enterprise version, but I have several questions about the process. First, we have our primary DNS server that will soon be replaced by a new bigger/faster server. We tried to switch this before, but Exchange did not like this too much. It couldn't mount the info store or start any of the processes needed, until we brought the old DNS server back online. What steps do I have to take to make Exchange point to the new DNS server?...

Multiple Exchange Servers on one domain
Is it possible for two exchange servers to use the same domain name with each accepting mail for specific addresses? I have two sites several thousand miles apart that are on the same network but I would prefer that they each have a local exchange server rather than a centralized one. Can this be done without some type of replication solution? "MJG" <MJG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0754729A-03D9-47E8-BFCD-AA66DF275249@microsoft.com... > Is it possible for two exchange servers to use the same domain name with > each > accepting mail for sp...

Move contents of mailbox
Greetings, Is there a way to move the contents of a user's mailbox to another user? In Exchange 2000 without creating .PST files and copying messages manually? Thanks much. Tomas If the other user is NOT yet mailbox enabled, yes For example: User A who has the mailbox content you want to give to another user. If the mailbox for User A is disconnected in Exchange System Mgr, then you can reconnect it to User B if User B does not have a mailbox. Hope this helps -- Melissa Travers, MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is fo...

Exchange 2003 unable to schedule past Dec 31st
We are having an issue with Exchange where if you schedule a meeting then add an attendee, then scroll to the right out to Jan 1st 2006. All attendees availablity shows diagonal lines ( no information ). Before you think this is an issue with the Outlook setting of how far out to publish the free/busy information we already looked at that and it defaults to 2 months, which should take us to Jan 23rd but it's not working that way. thanks for any and all input. On 23 Nov 2005 09:27:40 -0800, chad.wasinger@gmail.com wrote: >We are having an issue with Exchange where if you schedule a m...

Cannot Install Crm Exchange Router
I Cannot Install Crm Exchange Router, this message appear after typing the CRM server name and CRM web site. "One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator privilages on that server.Make sure that all servers are running properly and try again.". I think that is a security problem, my boss was hosting domains with the Exchange server, now i cannot install the Router. What to do? please help. Hi, the best way to install the Exchange Email Router is, to have domain admin rights. The Exchange server must be in the same dom...

Exchange 2003 AD Properties not Showing up in W2k Domain ADUC.
We are running a test migration from 5.5 to 2k3. After running the install (incl. the forest prep, domin prep and all other checklists), the Exchange tabs do not show up in our Windows 2000 DC for user properties. They do if we are on the Exchange 2003 box running the Active Directory User and Computers. I imagine if we were on a W2k3 domain, this would've populated the DC ADUC settings...? Are we missing a step to allow these Exchange user property tabs to show up on the Windows 2000 Server DC's? Thx in advance... On Wed, 31 May 2006 11:07:03 -0700, jason <jason@discussions...

Outlook 2007 and UTF-8 encoding problems
Hi all! Outlook 2007 seems to not work with plain text letters in UTF-8 encoding. How to reproduce: 1. Create a new e-mail using UTF-8 encoding in plain text format 2. Type in main body (not subject!) some NON-ASCII letters (for example cyrillic symbols) 3. Fill "To" field (use your own e-mail address) 4. Send&Receive 5. Open message. It is unreadable until you switch message encoding to any other and back to UTF-8. I can't duplicate the problem here. I turned off auto-encoding, then = created a message in plain text format, typed some cyrillic text into it = (I have t...

Sync SQL to Exchange Address Book
Can someone please guide me on how to synchronize contacts from a SQL database to Exchange 2003 Global Address List? I never worked with Exchange servers, so I also need to know how to set up a Global Address List? Thanks, Eric "eric.nguyen312@gmail.com" <eric.nguyen312@gmail.com> wrote: >Can someone please guide me on how to synchronize contacts from a SQL >database to Exchange 2003 Global Address List? I never worked with >Exchange servers, so I also need to know how to set up a Global Address >List? You won't be working with any Exchange servers to do ...

AWStats config errors for logging Exchange 2003
Using the AWStats FAQ on sf.net, I setup a awstats.mail.conf file to pull the message tracking logs from an Exchange 2003 SP1 server. Here is the log format taht http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/awstats_faq.html#MAIL specified: LogFormat="%time2 %email %email_r %host %host_r %method %url %code %bytesd" and Log Seperator of: LogSeparator=" " However, when running, it tells me 1/2 are dropped and 1/2 are corrupted. I've never tried awstats with exchange, so not sure if the log format line was designed for a eariler version of exchange. Below is perl output, and ...

Access 2007 Stopped working
I have noticed that many other people have also had this problem of "Access 2007 has stopped working. Windows will check for a solution" etc etc... I have noticed within my Access 2007 program (running on Vista) that this crash happens when I close the very last (or only open) object in access. I doesent matter what that object is; Table, Form, Report Qry etc. When the last tab is closed or X'd. Access crashes and restarts. This is VERY annoying, especially if I have a lot of work to do and dont like to keep tabs/objects open if i no longer need them, but just want to cont...

How to publish free/busy for all users
Hello, We are and exchange 2003/2007 shop. We have moved all users' mailboxes to exchange exchange 2007 and moved public folders to exchange 2007. Our users are using outlook 2003 meaning that public Folders are still being used instead of the availibility service. The issue we are having is that some users' free busy is published for more than 12 months but others' avilibility is greyed out after 2 months. We do not want to use group policy to make every one's published free busy beyond 2 months which is the deafult in the company. My question(s) are: 1- Giv...

Multicurrency
Is there a way to automatically pull the exchange rate into Great Plains each day? We already subscribe to an exchange rate source, but I do not know how I can set up GP to pull the rate in each day. Right now they have to manually enter... We have looked into subscribing to the Wall Street Journal online which will allow you set up a link (from WSJ) to a spreadsheet. You would then need to run Integration Manager to import the data. We already subscribe to the (paper) WSJ, so the online is about $40.00 per year - they will even let you try it with a CC. I think the multicurrency i...