Exchange 2007 - Schedule+Free Busy

Howdy, I'm trying to figure out why I can't see free busy data in Exchange
2007 when using Outlook 2003 clients even though it works for OWA.   I went
ot exchange 2007 system console, tools, public folder management, public
folders, system Public folders, went to the properties of Schedule+free
busy.   If I click on Exchange General, I always get this screen.  The
properties on "schedule+ Free Busy Information - Exchange Administrative
Group " have invalid data.   If you click OK, default falues will be used
instead and will be saved if you do not change them before hitting apply or
OK on the property page.   If you click cancel, the object will be displayed
read-only and corrupted values will be retained.

The following values have invalid data:
Name.

 Have tried setting Alias, display name, and simple display name to things
like test - no spaces all under 8 characters and it still gives me an error
message -

The name property contains leading or trailing whitespace which must be
removed - there are no spaces at the beginning, end or middle of those three
names and they are all under 8 characters - not sure where it is finding the
space.

even if it is setting it to default as it claims it is, it still has the
same issue after I open the public folder the same way in ESM on exchange
2007.   This is a standalone server - no edge, no exchange 2003 etc.

0
boe_d1 (44)

EX:/o=First Organization/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
might be the name of it but I can't seem to change that to any name that it
will accept.
"boe" <boe_d@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Howdy, I'm trying to figure out why I can't see free busy data in Exchange
> 2007 when using Outlook 2003 clients even though it works for OWA.   I
> went ot exchange 2007 system console, tools, public folder management,
> public folders, system Public folders, went to the properties of
> Schedule+free busy.   If I click on Exchange General, I always get this
> screen.  The properties on "schedule+ Free Busy Information - Exchange
> Administrative Group " have invalid data.   If you click OK, default
> falues will be used instead and will be saved if you do not change them
> before hitting apply or OK on the property page.   If you click cancel,
> the object will be displayed read-only and corrupted values will be
> retained.
>
> The following values have invalid data:
> Name.
>
> Have tried setting Alias, display name, and simple display name to things
> like test - no spaces all under 8 characters and it still gives me an
> error message -
>
> The name property contains leading or trailing whitespace which must be
> removed - there are no spaces at the beginning, end or middle of those
> three names and they are all under 8 characters - not sure where it is
> finding the space.
>
> even if it is setting it to default as it claims it is, it still has the
> same issue after I open the public folder the same way in ESM on exchange
> 2007.   This is a standalone server - no edge, no exchange 2003 etc.

0
boe_d1 (44)
4/29/2007 6:23:19 PM
I think I have it from what I read somewhere else - going into IIS, EWS and
BIN need to have integrated Windows authentication turned on.   I can't be
sure what did it as I've been tinkering all day but after rebooting to see
if something needed resetting it works in 2003 for me.

"boe" <boe_d@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Howdy, I'm trying to figure out why I can't see free busy data in Exchange
> 2007 when using Outlook 2003 clients even though it works for OWA.   I
> went ot exchange 2007 system console, tools, public folder management,
> public folders, system Public folders, went to the properties of
> Schedule+free busy.   If I click on Exchange General, I always get this
> screen.  The properties on "schedule+ Free Busy Information - Exchange
> Administrative Group " have invalid data.   If you click OK, default
> falues will be used instead and will be saved if you do not change them
> before hitting apply or OK on the property page.   If you click cancel,
> the object will be displayed read-only and corrupted values will be
> retained.
>
> The following values have invalid data:
> Name.
>
> Have tried setting Alias, display name, and simple display name to things
> like test - no spaces all under 8 characters and it still gives me an
> error message -
>
> The name property contains leading or trailing whitespace which must be
> removed - there are no spaces at the beginning, end or middle of those
> three names and they are all under 8 characters - not sure where it is
> finding the space.
>
> even if it is setting it to default as it claims it is, it still has the
> same issue after I open the public folder the same way in ESM on exchange
> 2007.   This is a standalone server - no edge, no exchange 2003 etc.

0
boe_d1 (44)

How to remove Business Contact Manager
MS Office 2003 came with my laptop. But since I use it at office I wa required to install the corporate version of Office which is Offic 2000. When prompted for Business Contact Manager I said yes and afte installing I realized BCM was included in the new Office 2003 and i does not integrate with Office 2000. Now every time I open outlook th following error is displayed. "Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040200" I do not want BCM. SOme one please tell me how to remove BCM or avoi this error. Please help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www....

Exchange 2003/ 12 Architecture and Functionality Questions
1. Can we configure intelligent message filter in Exchange 2003/ Ex12 to also act on outgoing mails? Our customer would also like to make sure no unsolicited mails originate from their organization. 2. Does the facility to configure the users’ voice messages (which automatically answer other people’s calls) fall under the PABX, or will it have to be done in Exchange 12? 3. Is it possible for two organizations to make use two Exchange 12 Edge servers, while having Exchange Mail Box servers so they can take advantage of the native encryption and signing of mails to and from the two...

Multiple Business relations for One Quotation
Is there a way to "Link" quotations for one job to more than one business relation (i.e. One job with 3 differant bidders)? Similar to the "Alternative Quotations" but with the quotation name not the business relation. ...

2007 Money Issue
I hope someone can help me here. I previously used Money 2003 on XP. Just received a new PC with Vista. I ordered Money 2007 from the Miscrosoft website. It loads correctly and works fine after install. Once I import my 2003 data or copy the 2003 Money File over the 2007 Money file I begin to have an issue. Money 2007 takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to open the file. I can click bills and calendar but once I click Home it takes another 5 minutes to get there. Any ideas on what could be happening. What is the correct way to upgrade from 2003 to 2007? The file is 7mb? First...

Could You Use $10,000 in the Next 30 Days.....Risk Free?
Could you use $10,000 in 30 days Risk-Free? Introducing a revolutionary new downline building system!! Free to join! Build your downline and be in MASSIVE PROFIT BEFORE you spend one single penny! You could be making over $10,000 just 30 days from now! And it's totally Risk-Free!! If you're tired of wasting money trying to make money then you will LOVE this system!! It eliminates every problem in building a downline as it's totally automated and duplicatable by everyone! This is as easy as breathing! So don't waste a second!... You could be just 30 days from Financial Freed...

All attachments received are corrupt in Outlook 2007
I just installed Office2007 and all attachments that are coming in(PDF, XLS, ZIP) will not open without warnings of corruptions. Media files will not open at all. I am on XP Home with all updates. I must be missing something somewhere. I cannot even get embedded pictures to show. Any ideas how to fix this problem?? thanks "The Ticket" <The Ticket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58FC764-9FA6-4A36-9074-F93CE1718EBF@microsoft.com... >I just installed Office2007 and all attachments that are coming in(PDF, >XLS, > ZIP) will not open without warning...

Publisher 2007 Email Anything with pictures
I'm new at this. I want to send out an email to my chapter each month advising of Lunch, cost, location... yadda. I am able to create a wonderful email. I send it and if you have outlook and Yahoo, it comes out o.k. If you open it in AOL or Thunderbird, Everything comes out as separate .jpg. (Borders, Logo, Some of the text) attached to the email. There is one option that I tried and it came out as one .jpg attachment. I have tried all the options to the best of my knowledge. None of the options come out as reading it when you open it in AOL or Thunderbird. Some tex...

Exchange server chages email addresse
I have a couple of users and when they send an email to another user exchange for some reason changes the email addresse when sending or when composing it changes the email addresse. We are using Outlook 2003. It seems like exchange is controlling the email addresse . Has anyone else had this problem ? It is like i put in the TO: field in Outlook Thomas.Smith57@atc.army.mil. But when i input a message in the message text in outlook or click send it changes my addresse to Thomas.Smith57@us.army.mil. You don't say whether the "new" address is correct or not. Have you chec...

Outlood 2007
Boy, do I need help. I''m a novice with a lot of email experience; but this program is throwing me for a loop: It will not allow me to delete an email message out of my inbox. It will not allow me to save a new contact. I can't even delete a calendar reminder. Can you help me? Coachvan1@cox.net "coachvan1@cox.net" <coachvan1@cox.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9D09235-B706-463F-8E51-E22AEE731921@microsoft.com... > Boy, do I need help. > I''m a novice with a lot of email experience; but this program is thr...

Outlook 2007 Not Working after IE8B2 Install
Outlook 2007 has stopped working since I installed IE8 beta 2 I start OL2007 - the "blank" screen and splash are displayed along with a Windows Installer dialogue box with the text "Preparing to install...". I gave it half an hour it just sits there, I killed OL and rebooted, OL asked if I wanted to start in Safe Mode I responded in the affirmative but the Windows Installer window is still there. Neither Task Manager, Process Explorer nor System Explorer show a Task or Process for an installer. The Windows Installer window is owned by the Outlook 2007 process, its ...

2003 code raises error in 2007
I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in Access 2003. In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid reference to the property Form/Report." This is the snippet of code: Private Sub SetFormProperties() 'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was selected Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control Dim frm As Form If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then Set frm = Me 'set main form edit options EditProperties frm 'set subform edit options For Each ctrl In frm If ct...

E-mail delay on Exchange
I'm not sure if the issue is with exchange or outlook but when I send an e-mail from a workstation through exchange to another in the same office it takes about 15 -30 seconds to appear in the other mailbox. Any guesses - I running Office 2003 on Windows XP SP1 through Exchange 2003 enterprise on Windows 2003. The clients are in the same exchange server in the same database. Thank you This is because you are running Cached Exchange mode. Cached Exchange mode polls the Exchange server on an interval basis to check it for new e-mail. While it's true that you get this type of dela...

Exchange Server slowness
We use MS Exchange 2002 server for email and use the program Outlook 2003. Lately it has been extremely slow and a message pops up stating it is retrieving file from MS Exchange Server. Any suggestions? If the message appears on your workstation it may not be a server related issue. The issue maybe related to the amount of traffic on the network. To know if the server is slow more information such as disk, memory and cpu utilization needs to be known. Also check if there are any relevant messages in the event logs of your worksatation and server. "Carlos Pisquem" <ccccpi...

How can I access my documents on OW free trial ?
When i receive a doc. I cannot alter it because it tells me the doc. is locked. How can I get roung this? If it's locked, you either haven't activated your copy of Office, or your trial period ended in which case you will have to pay for it. Yves "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F75A123-D010-4B85-AA39-838E567413E6@microsoft.com... > When i receive a doc. I cannot alter it because it tells me the doc. is > locked. How can I get roung this? ...

Upgrade to exchange enterprise #2
Hello I have just moved to exchange enterprise from exchange standard(with the mailbox move method). Everything has gone well but i'm noticing that i'm still getting event 1221 messages stating that there is x amount of space in the public and private message stores. Just wondering if i should still be getting these messages. I'm aware though that exchange space is white space based and that when you exceed the amount of white space the database will grow again. But just wondering if i should still be getting those 1221's. Thanks On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:17:03 -070...

page settings in Business Portal
We have a customer who wants to print the time sheet in landscape (page orientation); currently there are two ways of achieving it: 1. Change the printer settings (Control Panel > Printers and Faxes > Select printer; right click and choose properties > Printing preferences of General Tab > Advance tab). This would set the printer to the desired page orientation size; however, all documents that will be printed on the said printer will use the settings made. 2. On the Business Portal page go to File > Page Setup; choose the page orientation and size desired. The effect ...

Office 2007 Recovery
Is it possible to recover office 2007 that was installed on an extended partion? Neighbor has windows vista 32 bit on a 320Gb hard Drive partioned as primary and 2 extended partitions. Vista crashed and she reinstalled it but office 2007 and all apps were installed on the extended partion and is there from backup but I cannot get it to start any ideas how to get this working? You need to have the original disks/CDs. There is no other way to get Office back. What people don't know is that it is the registry entries that make office run. Without registry entries, you are...

can't open VB editor in Excel 2007 under Vista
I have a spreadsheet with VB code in it. On my XP PC I can edit it without any problem. On my Vista PC, I can run the code, but if I try to edit it I get "error in loading dll". The VB window opens up, but the modules won't. Also, it used to work - I don't know why it stopped. Can anyone help? Thanks! On Nov 11, 3:42=A0am, "Sandy Rosenberg" <srosenb...@bloomfieldct.deleteme.org> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with VB code in it. =A0On my XP PC I can edit it wit= hout > any problem. =A0On my Vista PC, I can run the code, but if I try to edit = it...

Services Exchange Server
When using the Microsoft Exchange Server service how do you get Outlook 2000 to recognize the service over a broadband, VPN connection? Outlook should be using your default network connection - if you've established a VPN connection and can ping the Exchange server by name, you should just be able to open Outlook. SWT wrote: > When using the Microsoft Exchange Server service how do > you get Outlook 2000 to recognize the service over a > broadband, VPN connection? ...

We PAY MASSIVE PAYCHECKS Don't WORRY JOIN for FREE
As one of the Nets TOP Millionaires I never do free opportunities. A good friend of mine and fellow top earner showed me a check from this free opportunity that was so big it paid for a 2008 Range Rover and his 6000 Sq Ft House. I was shocked. I said you kidding right? He Wasn't. He just threw up banners on safelists and ad sites. I had to try it since it was free.I did and got a check for 10 Grand! Go to my website and lock your position in now! http://www.watchthemoneyonline.com ...

Using Outlook/Exchange Server as a central dispatch manager?
I'll try to be detailed, but brief. Running Exchange 2K with mixed Outlook clients throughout office. We're a service company and we have a mailbox called "dispatch". When a service call comes in, we create a new task in the Dispatch mailbox, add the detail and then "assign" it to someone. They accept and update until the call is complete (every time a change is made it synchs with dispatch's task). When the call is complete/closed, the task in central dispatch is closed and then processed We want to enhance some of this -- are there any features in Exchan...

Replicating SQL dB with Exchange
How kan i, Replicating e-mail addresses, fax numbers and Distribution Groups from sql database to Ms Exchange 2003? Kind regards "HY" <HY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Replicating e-mail addresses, fax numbers and >Distribution Groups from sql database to Ms Exchange 2003? Export the information from SQL in LDIF format (or into some other format and then convert it to LDIF), then import into the Active Directory using LDIFDE.exe. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this add...

Adding second domain to Exchange server
I have Exchange 5.5SP4 on NT4.0 server SP6a. I have it set up for my company everything works fine... My question is is it possible to add a second company to single exchange server? For example messages sent to domainname1.com will go to the proper people and domainname2.com will go to the proper people. 2 domains running on the same server routing mail to the proper domain. Is this possible? If so can someone point me in the right direction to find the info I need to complete this? THank You This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C45F45.3F0FD1C0 Conte...

Error 0x80040604: A folder by this name already exists
Hi All, About 3 weeks ago, I started getting this error message (Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers. 'reported error (0x80040604) : 'A folder by this name already exists.') in Outlook 2007 when trying to sync up a couple of hotmail accounts I have. Figuring it may have just been a random error message, I restarted both Outlook and my machine, but to no avail, the error did not go away. Anyone seen this message before and know how to resolve it? Thanks, Drew forgot to add that I do have SP1 installed for Office 2007. "Drew W" <Blah@Blah.com> wrote in messa...

Processing Date in Money 2007 Broken?
I recently upgraded to 2007, and noticed that all of my on-line bill payments are showing the date as the "Processing Date". I verified in the global settings for "Online service settings" that the option "Enter electronic payments in the register with the processing date" is unchecked. Is anyone else experiencing this behavior? Sounds like a bug. same thing here. is there a fix? "Greg" wrote: > I recently upgraded to 2007, and noticed that all of my on-line bill payments > are showing the date as the "Processing Date". I veri...