exchange 2007 rollup update OWA problem

After installing rollup update KB930809 for Exchange 2007 I can't access OWA
from IE6. When I type https://192.168.241.5/owa browser change adress to
https://192.168.241.5/owa/auth/logon.aspx?url=https://192.168.241.5/owa&reas
on=0 and show blank page. But when I access OWA from Firefox, I can see
logon screen but without pictures.

Renko

0
hogo (6)

Focusing on the patch side:

Are you 100% sure that the patch installed with no errors? The application
eventlog will have an MSIInstall event for start and end results of the
installation of the rollup. Look at events around that time.

If everything looks ok there - someone else might be able to offer
assistance.

"HoGo FoGo" <hogo@fo.go> wrote in message
> After installing rollup update KB930809 for Exchange 2007 I can't access
> OWA
> from IE6. When I type https://192.168.241.5/owa browser change adress to
> https://192.168.241.5/owa/auth/logon.aspx?url=https://192.168.241.5/owa&reas
> on=0 and show blank page. But when I access OWA from Firefox, I can see
> logon screen but without pictures.
>
> Renko

0
scotro (14)
4/28/2007 9:42:31 PM
Installation don't show error, I found only something in
C:\ExchangeSetupLogs\UpdateOwa.log

[18:37:58] ***********************************************
[18:37:59] * UpdateOwa.ps1: 27. 4. 2007 18:37:58
[18:38:02] Updating OWA on server NCCMAIL
[18:38:02] Finding OWA install path on the filesystem
[18:38:02] Updating OWA to version 8.0.700.0
[18:38:02] Copying files from 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange
Server\ClientAccess\owa\Current' to 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange
Server\ClientAccess\owa\8.0.700.0'
[18:38:03] Getting all Exchange 2007 OWA virtual directories
[18:38:04] Error patching OWA: Command execution stopped because the shell
variable "ErrorActionPreference" is set to Stop: Unable to create IIS
(Internet Information Service) directory entry. Error Message is: The
service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has
no enabled devices associated with it.
.. HResult = -2147023838

"Scott Roberts (Exchange) [MSFT]" <scotro@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:55093D0C-14BB-495D-8631-DBDBB3E145CF@microsoft.com...
> Focusing on the patch side:
>
> Are you 100% sure that the patch installed with no errors? The application
> eventlog will have an MSIInstall event for start and end results of the
> installation of the rollup. Look at events around that time.
>
> If everything looks ok there - someone else might be able to offer
> assistance.
>

> "HoGo FoGo" <hogo@fo.go> wrote in message
> > After installing rollup update KB930809 for Exchange 2007 I can't access
> > OWA
> > from IE6. When I type https://192.168.241.5/owa browser change adress to

https://192.168.241.5/owa/auth/logon.aspx?url=https://192.168.241.5/owa&reas
> > on=0 and show blank page. But when I access OWA from Firefox, I can see
> > logon screen but without pictures.
> >
> > Renko

0
hogo (6)
4/29/2007 8:00:16 AM
Look around the service control and make sure IIS is enabled and that W3SVC
is also running [as you can tell from the error]. You can run the
updateowa.ps1 script manually to get the IIS metabase settings set or you
can reinstall the patch to have the patch do it for you.

You can look to see what the script does by opening it and you will notice
that it doesn't do much. The only other thing that I can think of is access
permissions to the metabase (IIS).

Scott

> Installation don't show error, I found only something in
> C:\ExchangeSetupLogs\UpdateOwa.log
>

> [18:37:58] ***********************************************
> [18:37:59] * UpdateOwa.ps1: 27. 4. 2007 18:37:58
> [18:38:02] Updating OWA on server NCCMAIL
> [18:38:02] Finding OWA install path on the filesystem
> [18:38:02] Updating OWA to version 8.0.700.0
> [18:38:02] Copying files from 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange
> Server\ClientAccess\owa\Current' to 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange
> Server\ClientAccess\owa\8.0.700.0'
> [18:38:03] Getting all Exchange 2007 OWA virtual directories
> [18:38:04] Error patching OWA: Command execution stopped because the shell
> variable "ErrorActionPreference" is set to Stop: Unable to create IIS
> (Internet Information Service) directory entry. Error Message is: The
> service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has
> no enabled devices associated with it.
> . HResult = -2147023838
>

> "Scott Roberts (Exchange) [MSFT]" <scotro@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:55093D0C-14BB-495D-8631-DBDBB3E145CF@microsoft.com...
>> Focusing on the patch side:
>>
>> Are you 100% sure that the patch installed with no errors? The
>> application
>> eventlog will have an MSIInstall event for start and end results of the
>> installation of the rollup. Look at events around that time.
>>
>> If everything looks ok there - someone else might be able to offer
>> assistance.
>>

>> "HoGo FoGo" <hogo@fo.go> wrote in message
>> > After installing rollup update KB930809 for Exchange 2007 I can't
>> > access
>> > OWA
>> > from IE6. When I type https://192.168.241.5/owa browser change adress
>> >
> https://192.168.241.5/owa/auth/logon.aspx?url=https://192.168.241.5/owa&reas
>> > on=0 and show blank page. But when I access OWA from Firefox, I can see
>> > logon screen but without pictures.
>> >
>> > Renko

0
scotro (14)
4/29/2007 4:07:10 PM
I checked these services and both running. When I try run update script
manually I get this error:

[PS] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>C:\Script\UpdateOwa.ps1
[08:12:47] Error patching OWA: Command execution stopped because the shell
variable "ErrorActionPreference" is set to Stop: Cannot add Windows
PowerShell snap
-in Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.Admin because it is already
added. Verify the name of the snap-in and try again.

I don't know what is ErrorActionPreference but I think that is
set to continue:

[PS] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>$ErrorActionPreference

message news:B86599FA-F574-416D-94E0-24C73DB9B1EA@microsoft.com...
> Look around the service control and make sure IIS is enabled and that
W3SVC
> is also running [as you can tell from the error]. You can run the
> updateowa.ps1 script manually to get the IIS metabase settings set or you
> can reinstall the patch to have the patch do it for you.
>
> You can look to see what the script does by opening it and you will notice
> that it doesn't do much. The only other thing that I can think of is
access
> permissions to the metabase (IIS).
>
> Scott
>
> "HoGo FoGo" <hogo@fo.go> wrote in message
> > Installation don't show error, I found only something in
> > C:\ExchangeSetupLogs\UpdateOwa.log
> >

> > [18:37:58] ***********************************************
> > [18:37:59] * UpdateOwa.ps1: 27. 4. 2007 18:37:58
> > [18:38:02] Updating OWA on server NCCMAIL
> > [18:38:02] Finding OWA install path on the filesystem
> > [18:38:02] Updating OWA to version 8.0.700.0
> > [18:38:02] Copying files from 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange
> > Server\ClientAccess\owa\Current' to 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange
> > Server\ClientAccess\owa\8.0.700.0'
> > [18:38:03] Getting all Exchange 2007 OWA virtual directories
> > [18:38:04] Error patching OWA: Command execution stopped because the
shell
> > variable "ErrorActionPreference" is set to Stop: Unable to create IIS
> > (Internet Information Service) directory entry. Error Message is: The
> > service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it
has
> > no enabled devices associated with it.
> > . HResult = -2147023838
> >

> > "Scott Roberts (Exchange) [MSFT]" <scotro@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:55093D0C-14BB-495D-8631-DBDBB3E145CF@microsoft.com...
> >> Focusing on the patch side:
> >>
> >> Are you 100% sure that the patch installed with no errors? The
> >> application
> >> eventlog will have an MSIInstall event for start and end results of the
> >> installation of the rollup. Look at events around that time.
> >>
> >> If everything looks ok there - someone else might be able to offer
> >> assistance.
> >>

> >> "HoGo FoGo" <hogo@fo.go> wrote in message

https://192.168.241.5/owa/auth/logon.aspx?url=https://192.168.241.5/owa&reas

0
hogo (6)

Address book updating...

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Before Update on record select

Excel 2007

docmd.transfertext problem

SQL deadlock problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Grammar check not working

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

owa not resolving names properly
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - just recently OWA is not resolving addresses properly - the administrator at this site states: > There is a strange situation happening when using OWA to send emails. If > we try to send an email to an account out of our domain (i.e. > jravazzano@yahoo.com) the recipient name and domain get wrongly resolved > to our own domain thus generating a message undeliverable. > > For example using OWA a test email was sent to "jravazzano@yahoo.com" the > address gets resolved to j@ourdomain.com The admin is going to give me an account to test with, but...

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

DNS Error on Exchange

Excel Problem

SOAP Exception

Exchange 2007 across account search

Exchange clusters
Hello Everyone, I am running two exchange2k3 server clusters on win2k3 servers. I am going to install service pack 2 for exchange2k3. Which cluster do I install it on first? The active cluster or the passive cluster? Thank you, Most appreciative, Do you mean you're running one cluster with two nodes? If you were to install on the active node, Exchange will shut down and the passive node will become the active node. So, it's clear that you should install first on the passive node, fail over, then install on the passive node (which was formerly the active node). -- Ed Crow...