Exchange 2007 pop3 horror

Hi I just upgraded to Exchange 2007 SP1. My client's outlook 2003 sp3 doesn't
want to download the emails using pop3 protocols. It keeps saying username
and wrong password. When i log to my OWA it works fine. I even tested it out
with my outlook 2007 and it works. Same settings but different location. Then
i tried with another computer in m office with Outlook 2003 it didn't work.
Something is definately wierd.

Exchange pop3 is turned. I even went to client's mailbox and enable pop in
the exchange features tab. I just don't know what to do now. I am totally
stuck. Tell me the steps to resolve this issue.

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 02:17:01 -0800, Ankit Shah
<AnkitShah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi I just upgraded to Exchange 2007 SP1. My client's outlook 2003 sp3 doesn't
>want to download the emails using pop3 protocols. It keeps saying username
>and wrong password. When i log to my OWA it works fine. I even tested it out
>with my outlook 2007 and it works. Same settings but different location. Then
>i tried with another computer in m office with Outlook 2003 it didn't work.
>Something is definately wierd.

Do the authentication methods on the POP connector match those used by
the client? Basic, Integrated, or Secure Logon?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich
11/16/2009 2:17:43 PM
Here is a great step by step guide with screenshots.

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/mobility-c
lient-access/using-pop3-imap4-access-exchange-2007-part1.html
--
Ward Flowers (MSFT)
Microsoft Support Engineer

rights.

--------------------
>From: Ankit Shah <AnkitShah@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: Exchange 2007 pop3 horror
>Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 02:17:01 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
>
>Hi I just upgraded to Exchange 2007 SP1. My client's outlook 2003 sp3
doesn't
>want to download the emails using pop3 protocols. It keeps saying username
>and wrong password. When i log to my OWA it works fine. I even tested it
out
>with my outlook 2007 and it works. Same settings but different location.
Then
>i tried with another computer in m office with Outlook 2003 it didn't
work.
>Something is definately wierd.
>
>Exchange pop3 is turned. I even went to client's mailbox and enable pop in
>the exchange features tab. I just don't know what to do now. I am totally
>stuck. Tell me the steps to resolve this issue.

0
wardf

Exchange 2000 DST Changes

Restoring Exchange 2000 cluster to "standard" Exchange 2000 Enterp
Hi all, At the moment we are creating a "full" test environment built from backup tapes from our live environment. DC's are all up and running. Our 2000 native forest exists out of a top domain and 2 child domains. All DC's are running 2000 SP3 as well as the Exchange servers. Exchange servers are located in the child domains. In one of the child domains which is NL.top.net we have an Exchange cluster, 2 nodes active/active eg. These would be EX01 and EX02 and running EX04 and EX05. Since we unfortunately do not have a SAN in our test site I will not be able to do a DR...

OL2003 (Exchange) and OE6 running in the same PC
We are currently upgrading our OS from W98SE to WinXP. Our VP is using Netscape v4.67 with dial-up to access his personal email from the ISP and Novell Groupwise for his internal corporate email. With the new WinXP, he will be authenticate to Active Directory and using Exchange 2003 (Outlook 2003) for corporate email. (Yep, no more Groupwise!!) I want to move him away from Netscape to OE6 (built-in with XP pro). During my test in the lab, for some reasons I can't have OE6 and OL2003 running at the same time. (I can launch either one but not both at the same time) He wants OE6 as his...

SharePoint (WSS) 2007 / Outlook 2007 - Alert
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C70E47.83B45950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have setup a SharePoint Server (WSS) 2007 and are using the alerting = functionality. After we changes stuff on WSS, an alert message is generated and sent to = an email account. This e-mail account is hosted on an Exchange 2003 server. When using Outlook 2007 to open the e-mail, we get: Cannot open this item. Wenn using OWA the e-mail can be opene fine. Does somehow have an explanation for th...

Exchange Connector Wizard error

Exchange 2003 OWA #6
Exchange 2003 OWA I would appreciate if someone would be able to help me. When I'm trying to access Exchange 2003 Server via OWA, I'm getting error "The folder can't be displayed. You do not have permission to perform this action" We also running Microsoft ISA Server. Thanks ...

NNTP move to Exchange?
Hi, I'm having a problem with getting a NNTP feed from a INND 2.2.1 server to Exchange 2003; are there any known issues here? Has anyone done this type of migration before? What issues did you encounter? It seems as if Exchange just wants to pull down a few of the groups (of which we have over 100 internal) and even with that, not even pull all of the messages in from those few groups (it usually gets a few hundred messages). I'm using the basic NNTP wizards but everything looks to be configured correctly. Thanks, Dan ...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

Dropped connection to POP3 servers
Just installed Office 2003 under XP Home. Outlook is dropping connection to POP3 servers, I check 2 different servers with a S/R. Both fail at the same time, never separately. Sometimes I can exit Outlook gracefully but a reboot is required to get Outlook to work again. Sometimes locks entire system and have to powerdown manually. Pattern not fully determined but it appears to happen when there is other activity to the internet that is going to specific servers using an ID and password. I use Medved Quotetracker with E*Trade quotes (requires ID). If I bring up Quotetracker, Ou...

How do I setup an SMTP gateway / smart host for Exchange 5.5 internet bound mail
My current setup has a Windows NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 server setting on our company LAN behind a Microsoft ISA Server. The Exchange server's Internet Mail Connector binds to (I assume this is the proper terms) port 25 on the ISA server for inbound and outbound Internet Mail. Our company has finally upgraded to a new Cisco Pix Firewall which we are able to setup a DMZ on. The suggestion by our ISP is to setup an SMTP gateway in the DMZ and have our internal Exchange server send mail to it destined for the Internet. I am aware that most of the work for making the connections from the SMTP ...

Chart printing issue in Excel 2007

Outlook won't conect to Exchange
Client: XP pro, Office 2003 Pro Server: Server 2003 I cannot get a client's Outlook to connect to Exchange server--or at least I THINK that's the issue. I have tried everything that I and the sys admin can think of. We've even uninstalled and re-installed the whole of Office. Out of desparation, I tried something that I thought would probably not have any impact, but it worked--temporarily. I deleted the use's mail profile, and the application opened and displayed all the users mail! I thought I was pretty close to being home free, so then I closed Outlook and re-opened...

Install 2003 after 2007?
I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other than Outlook I didn't like it. I wanted to reinstall 2003 Excel & Word. Per instructions here I uninstalled 2007 except Outlook and upon attempting to reinstall 2003 I get the error message, "Business Contact Manager requires Outlook 2003, please install Outlook 2003 before running setup". Help please. Thanks in advance... Bob Answered in the other group post "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message news:jH5Xl.21061$IP7.4196@newsfe23.iad... >I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other tha...

Re: Outlook 2007
I sent this 3/4 days ago but can not see it in the group. In addition after this each time I go into news groups the name of the group turns red in color?? Can not figure what this change in color means. > Each time I start Outlook jumps a message: "A data file did not close > properly > last time it was used. It will be checked.... bla, bla, bla..." > Vista ultimate, Dell computer. Could one do something?? Regards Ted > > A minute later comes up an other message that the file was checked. > Red means a subject you're following has been resp...

MS Access 2007, Forms
When using the "Forms Wizard", I need to use the "Style: Ricepaper", but it isn't available in the 2007 version and I have not been successful trying to find it in Office Online or on the web. Does anyone know where I can get it? Access 2007 has 25 AutoFormats, but as you noticed, they are virtually all new ones. It's actually nice to see that these were updated. To get the older Ricepaper style you could probably create a form in an earlier version of Access and then import it into your current database. If you're using the ACCDB file format, you would...

Exchange Server C Drive No free space
Hi All, Need some advise. The Exchange Server during certain times C Drive will not have free space. I have check that during that period there is a temp file which will increase in size and takes up all the disk space in C. The file will not have any extension (the file name ex. T232C or R408). When this happened, the Exchange MTA service will stop, users will not able to send email. I have rum Spyware scan, Virus Scan, Online Virus scan, all seems to be cleaned). Anyone experience this before? Thanks in Advance for the help. -- Danny Chieng Technical Engineer On Wed, 26 Jul 2006...

Tables in 2007
What are the advantages to converting a list to a table in 2007? Why does the table have a name? I did read in help that you can post a 2007 table to sharpoint services. What does that mean? -- Thanks. Confused Hi, Go to the excel help and type Tables then open the one that says Demo: Organize your data by using an Excel table, and then in How to do it, click on Overview of Excel Tables if this helps please click yes, thanks "Confused" wrote: > What are the advantages to converting a list to a table in 2007? Why does > the table have a name? > > I did read...

Assistance with ESEUTIL ans ISINTEG on Exchange 5.5
Folks, I need to perform some maintenance on a exchange 5.5 server. My users are complaining about speed, etc... First, GOOD BACKUP! Second, Take down all MS Exchange services Third, I want to run "ISINTEG -s EXCHANGE -FIX" correct? This will hopefully fix ant integrity issues. I am told to run it over and over until it comes up clean.. Once the integrity check is clean... Fourth, I run these three: eseutil /d /ds eseutil /d /ispriv eseutil /d /ispub If all goes well... Finally, startup MS Exchange services.. This is my plan. Any suggesstions? Comments? 1) GOOD BA...

Required OS for Exchange 2007
I have installed Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise 32 bit x64. When I try to run Exchange 2007, I receive "the image file setup.exe is valid but is for a machine type other than the current machine". Any idea? On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 22:52:43 -0800, "Xeon" <Xeon@donotemailme.com> wrote: >I have installed Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise 32 bit x64. When I try to run >Exchange 2007, I receive "the image file setup.exe is valid but is for a >machine type other than the current machine". Any idea? > So you arent using the 64 bit version of Windows? No...

Forward email from Sendmail to Exchange
Hi all, Has anyone successfully used the LUSER_RELAY feature of Sendmail to forward any unknown users to an Exchange server? I have defined LUSER_RELAY as host.mydomain.com, but when an email gets forwarded the domain portion of the email is stripped off and replaced with the value of USER_RELAY. This causes the email to bounce since the email domain is @mydomain.com not host.mydomain.com. I have tried using the FEATURE(preserve_luser_host), but that did not fix the problem. Is there a way to set up an SMTP connector pointing to host.mydomain.com and have the email deliverd to a users mail...

Outlook 2007 missing emails until restart
I have a user running Vista Business Basic along with Office 2007 Professional that is having a problem with emails not showing up in the inbox. The user has a PDA that does get the email and if you search of the email on the computer, you find it and can open it without issue. However, the email still may not show up in the inbox until a restart of Outlook. Currently the user has caching enabled and other then the missing emails, runs stable. However, if we turn off the caching we experience an application crash with the following: Event Name: APPCRASH Applicatio...