Exchange 2007: pop3 connector

What can I use best for downloading internet mail that is processed by
my Exchange 2007?
Thanks

0
premmetje (84)

On 9 Dec 2006 16:52:38 -0800, "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote:

>What can I use best for downloading internet mail that is processed by
>my Exchange 2007?
>Thanks

Well, SMTP direct delivery is best and it's best to deliver it to an
Edge Server but if you have no choice but to go with Pop3 then any of
the existing connectors are fine, such as POPCON and POPBeamer,
because they take the Pop3 and deliver it as SMTP to Exchange.
0
mark7219 (5666)
12/10/2006 9:19:04 AM
Thank you for the advice.
I use a pop connector because I currently don't yet have a decent spam
filter, and the external pop server does that job for me.

> On 9 Dec 2006 16:52:38 -0800, "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote:
>
> >What can I use best for downloading internet mail that is processed by
> >my Exchange 2007?
> >Thanks
>
> Well, SMTP direct delivery is best and it's best to deliver it to an
> Edge Server but if you have no choice but to go with Pop3 then any of
> the existing connectors are fine, such as POPCON and POPBeamer,
> because they take the Pop3 and deliver it as SMTP to Exchange.

0
premmetje (84)

Clearification question
Hi, We have been trying to figure this out for some time now. Occasionly when we schedule services out from the WEB client, the appointment occurs in the users Outlook client/calendar. But most of the time it doesn't. And when it does it is always the same user, never anyone else. All of our consultants have the same rights and roles. I have been trying to figure this one out - but i can't...; Does the Service Calendar sync with Exchange / Outlook or not? If someone who knows this could clearify, i would really appreciate it. Regards From what I've seen...and we use th...

Viewing completed taks in outlook 2007
Is there a way of viewing all your completed tasks, the ones that are not being displayed. Once the task has been completed then this task is removed from the current view. The current view is ordered by categories, then priority and then by date. Many thanks in advance Hemant Have you tried changing the view to not filter out completed tasks or using another view. The Completed Tasks view will show those tasks "HB" <hemant.babbar@logicacmg.com> wrote in message news:1168964637.905306@ernani.logica.co.uk... > Is there a way of viewing all your completed tasks, th...

Losing all formatting in Excel 2007 files
I have Office 2007 running on an XP desktop and a Windows 7 laptop. I work on an Excel .xlsx file on my desktop but when I open it on my laptop all of the formatting is lost. I have had this exact same problem except vista to xp. I wouldn't lose all of the formatting, but some words would would be on different lines. Other things I have noticed is that my Office 2007 on Vista doesn't always have the same fonts as on my Office 2007 XP. I think the formatting issue is more of a compatibility issue. ...

When launching Excel 2007 the VB debuger always opens
I am testing Excel 2007 Beta 2 on two computers. On one of them, XP SP2 there is no problem. On the other, 2003 Server SP1, each time I open Excel a VB window opens up, with a message that says "Compile error: Cant find project or library." If I close that window I get a message saying that the debugger will stop. If I close that, Excel reacts normally. Any suggestions? Thanks ccoates@gfs.com Hi Chris, Do you have any templates loading on the second computer? Any add-ins? What is shown in VB itself when you see the error message? Which module are you in? This sounds like...

Exchange2000 POP3 virtual server could not start
I have a mail server using Win2k SBS and ExchangerServer2000, the status of Microsoft POP service was started, but the POP3 virtual server in Exchange System Manager could not start, and it hang for a long time when I try to start . then I have to restart my computer...pls help me , thanks a lot!! Do you see anything in the application event log? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "charles" <charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AA045A2-40C2-4709-82A1-5F59C214B18E@microsoft....

Exchange 2003 and Digital Certificates
Does anyone know where to find the HOW TOs on: Install/configure Digital Certificates for or on Exchange 2003? We are currently setup with Windows 2003 AD and Exchange 2003 and we want not only Exchange 2003 but all of the servers and/or documents using some form of digital certificate or PKI. Thanks in Advance and any help is greatly appreciated Please check the following article: 823568 HOW TO: Configure Exchange Server 2003 OWA to Use S/MIME http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823568 -- Jeremiah Waldon Jr. Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is ...

Can Access 2007 analyze w/Excel?
I have installed Office 2007 and I am not able to locate the option to Analyze a report with Excel. I was able to do this with Access 2003 and it would put all the data from a report into an Excel file. How do I do this in Access 2007? I do not see the option anywhere after opening the report. Thanks, CEV I forgot to mention that when I have the report open, The export to Excel option is greyed out as is the sharepoint list option right next to it. Thanks, CEV "CEV" <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote in message news:fg52n601iel@enews5.newsguy.com... >I have installed...

Outlook 2007 Address Book 01-21-10
I've just installed Outlook 2007 and it's imported my address book from Outlook 2003 as a single list of contacts/addresses with 150 names! This is too unweildy of course, so I want to divide these up into about 6 or 8 separate groups according to the contact nature. The help advice online does give methods of creating sub-folders but I can't get either of them to work - would appreciate any workarounds please. -- Chris 1-9 (UK) "Chris 1-9" <Chris19@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50F25761-01EC-4EE5-A440-980E48511A8F@microsof...

Access 2007 runtime with sharepoint
Is there a way to use the Access 2007 runtime to do offline access with sharepoint? Either v2.0 or v3.0 Thanks in advance. andrew. ...

Can't read mail in reading pane of outlook 2007 if not in safe mode
Hi all! I have a problem since I installed the outlook 2007 beta 2. I receive mail as nice as possible, but when I want to read it, there is only the title, from whom and to whom data in reading pane. The mesage is, let's say "invisible" :) Anyone have the same prob? When I start outlook 2007 in safe mode, everything works OK. The only prob with safe mode is, that you always have to set the reading pane on and hide the big buttons.... We'll if anyone has a solution...I haven't find it... In the next week I will reinstall the system and see... maybe, just maybe I ...

Exchange 2003 #26
I have two windows 2003 servers on of them has exchange 2003 running on it. How do I get the other server to display the exchange tabs when I open the properties page for a user and add the mail box when creating a new user? Thanks much. You could create a custom MMC >-----Original Message----- >I have two windows 2003 servers on of them has exchange >2003 running on it. How do I get the other server to >display the exchange tabs when I open the properties page >for a user and add the mail box when creating a new user? > >Thanks much. >. > You must install ...

2010 CAS and 2007 CAS same AD site
Hello all I have a 2007 sp2 CAS server and a 2010 CAS server located in the same AD site. On the 2007 CAS server i have changed the externalurl from https://mail.kbblab.com/owa to https://legacy.kbblab.com/owa, i left the internalurl at its default setting. On the 2010 CAS server the externalurl points to https://mail.kbblab.com/owa and i set the Exchange2003URL to https://legacy.kbblab.com/owa. The 2010 CAS server is using FBA authentication and basic with SSL. The 2007 CAS server is using NTLM and windowsintegrated for internaluathenticationmethods. I have created an ...

Exchange 2010 Archive feature
I am trying to understand what the significant of the new Archiving feature in Exchange 2010? if the archive mailbox is located in the same database as the users mailbox, then how does this improve storage capacity or performance of Exchange? Is this feature more about keeping the users inbox clean? On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:59:05 -0700, "sawyer" <occompguy@cox.net> wrote: >I am trying to understand what the significant of the new Archiving feature >in Exchange 2010? if the archive mailbox is located in the same database as >the users mailbox, then ho...

POP3 Internet Mail Question
I am running 1 windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 on it. This server hosts our internal & external email for our domain name xxx.com However we have another domain name (xxy.com) that we use for internet mail that is hosted by another provider. We would like to bring this in-house and host it on our exchange server. Is there a way to configure the exchange server to host internet mail (Pop3 accounts) with a different domain name? What is the best way to set this up? thanks =?Utf-8?B?Z2tyYXNub2Zm?= <gkras19@aol.com> wrote in news:7C1FB197-B7A9-4A9E-A2D1-933577EFF0B0@micr...

Excel 2007
Hi all, We have a spreadsheet that was set up to link to a database via a system DSN. To simplify deployment of this, I'd like to change this to connect via the connection string below: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;DATABASE=xxx; I've done this for another spreadsheet, and it was easy (Data tab- >Connections->Properties), but in this next spreadsheet the Connection Properties for one connection are greyed out/disabled, so I can't change the string. Does anyone have any ideas how to enable these values again so I can change the connection string? thanks! ...

Why does Exchange create its own profiles?
I had to recreate a user's Outlook profile, and when I went into the Control Panel, Mail, there were 35 BACKUP profiles, just called BACKUP ## or Outlook. I removed them, did the work I had to do, and checked again, and another one had been created. This one user gets this every time they open Outlook. Has anyone else come across this, or have any suggestions on what to check? We use Exchange 2003. ...

Outlook 2007 printing is slow
The President of our company called us up to his office this morning because his Outlook 2007 took 20 seconds to print out an email. He said it was printing fine on Friday. He's using Winxp sp3 with Microsoft Office 2007. The computer is only two months old. We printed to two different printers and that narrowed it down for us that Outlook 2007 had a problem. We ran a Office diagnostic and everything was fine. Word prints fine to both printers. We checked the print drivers and they are up-to-date. We even did a system restore and it still didn't work. The last updates he had were from ...

Junk E-Mail Options in OL 2007
I have checked the box "permanently delete suspected junk e-mail instead of moving it to the junk e-mail folder", but I still get a lot of junk in my junk e-mail folder. I think I understand why, but I would like to confirm. I am on an exchange 2003 server. I assume that whatever filter the exchange server applies is before any filter that my computer would apply. I assume exchange is putting those emails into my junk e-mail folder, while any junk my local Outlook catches, it will just delete according to my preferences? I would sure like to just not ever have anything go into t...

There is not enough space on the Exchange Server to store all of your rules.
Here is the problem we are having. We have been doing a server upgrade for a domain. The new and old servers are running Windows NT 4.0 and Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5. The Exchange Server was installed on the old PDC, but according to government standards, it must be located on the new BDC. We used the ExMerge utility to backup all user mailboxes (approximately 130) to a workstation. We then restored the mailboxes to the new BDC where they belonged. All users are able to access their old mail, and all of their old folders. Unfortunately, when some users try to activate the ru...

Can I add additional emoticons to Communicator 2007?
I would like to increase the available emoticons in Communicator 2007. Anyone know how? AFAIK, you can't but this would be better asked in the Communication server forums. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slip...

Please help with Exchange 2003 SMTP Connector
I'm trying to create an SMTP Connector in Exchange Server 2003, to have our company's email sent out (Internet/External emails) to a specific mail forwarder server (the "specific" server is our ISP/Firewall provider server). But I'm having problems understanding how to set this up properly with our Exchange 2003 Server, I know I have to create a new SMTP Connector but not sure what settings to make. Could someone please help me with this. Thanks William On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:41:39 -0500, "Bill" <wstyler@verizon.net> wrote: >I&...

Creating forwarding rule in Exchange
Exchange 2003 SP2 If I have user fee@domain.com receiving email at address fee@domain.com, is it possible to create a rule in Exchange that does this: All emails from user@outsidedomain.com that go to fee@domain.com should be forwarded to foo@domain.com If it is possible, and I do not have a domain user named foo, would I have to create one or simply create a contact in order for the mailbox to be created? 1. You need some recipient to have the email address fee@domain.com 2. No native facility to selectively forward mail from a particular smtp address only. You could either do it usi...

Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Ser
Hi I keep getting a msg saying "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange" everytime i try and send a mail... the mail then gets stuck in my outbox. I still receive all email and this only happends over one particular broadband connection??? If i use dial up it works and if i go to some other broadband connection it works... any ideas? _VERITAS_ wrote: > Hi > I keep getting a msg saying "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from > the Microsoft Exchange" everytime i try and send a mail... the mail > then gets stuck in my outbox. I s...

Using tables created in 2003 IN 2007
My office has recently upgraded to 2007. I enjoy new features such as the ability to highlight a few words within the table without the ENTIRE table's font changing; unfortunately, this only works in tables I have created since the upgrade. My old tables that were brought over from 2003 do not have this capability. Is there an add-on out there? I do not have to resort to re-typing and creating all new tables. PS. Copy and pasting into a new table does not work. Convertting the file using the office button does not work. Help? please? I think you talking about what is called...

Downloading process for Office Standard 2007 online
I experienced a severe computer failure and when it was repaired, I lost my installed programs. I need to get back on Outlook and Word, but only have the program key for the Office Standard 2007 program. How do I get to the screen where I can input my program key to get the process started? You need the Office installation cd in order to reinstall "Jack" <Clear@view.com> wrote in message news:8777DDC2-9BED-4B0D-8EC0-F1A35D5DE37C@microsoft.com... >I experienced a severe computer failure and when it was repaired, I lost my > installed programs. I need to get...