Exchange 2007: messages in pickup direcory are converted to .tmp and .bad

The email that is delivered to the pickup directory is delivered to
mailboxes, while copies of the emails with .tmp and .bad extension are
left in the pickup directory. Is this normal, and what is the use of
these leftovers?
Thanks

0
premmetje (84)

I've used the pickup directory for several applications and never seen this.
Are you sure that your application isn't doing that?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> The email that is delivered to the pickup directory is delivered to
> mailboxes, while copies of the emails with .tmp and .bad extension are
> left in the pickup directory. Is this normal, and what is the use of
> these leftovers?
> Thanks

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Exchange 2007
Hi I installed an Exchange 2007 box all roles in my Exchange 2003 organization. Exchange created a routing group connector to Exchange 2003 so I can send and receive mail. All good. Now I installed 2 additional 2007 Mailbox servers and 2 additional 2007 CAS and HUB servers. I want to move the exchange 2003 connector to the new HUB servers so I can remove the HUB role from my first server. Is there any way I can do this? can I add more than 1 server to the connector? Thanks in advance Isaac __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signatu...

Exchange 5.5 support from Microsoft
Hi, I heard Microsoft did or is about to drop support for Microsoft Exchange 5.5. Does anyone have a link to the announcement page? Thank you. P "P" <P@no_spam.com> wrote in news:EjqWb.5746$PY.1062@newssvr26.news.prodigy.com: > Hi, > I heard Microsoft did or is about to drop support for Microsoft > Exchange 5.5. Does anyone have a link to the announcement page? Thank > you. P http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/support/lifecycle/55faq.asp Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Archives: http://groups.google.com ...

Who does searching for messages in Outlook takes so long?
Ah.. I remember the time I could search 20.000+ messages (fulltext) in Eudora in about 10 seconds, and even faster if the mailboxes had been indexed before. Since then I have a much faster computer, and still.. if I try to search my Inbox folder (hardly 5.000 messages) it takes HOOOUUUURS (well, not really, but a few MINUTES at least) to search this folder completely. Why is this? Why can't Microsoft find a message as quickly as Eudora could (still CAN btw, I still use Eudora 5.2 for personal mails) and is there a way to fasten it, is there a third party tool, etc.. I really hope someon...

Exchange 2003 Domino Connector
Using the Interoperability/Migration Guide we are going from Domino R5 to Exch 2003 Sp1. We hit a snag in granting Connector for Lotus Notes Depositor access (Appendix A page 200) in that the options are disabled. I am logged into Domino Adminisrator with an Administator account, but the Add and all other options are disabled so I cannot add my Exchange Connector account. There is a note (in the migration doc) that, by default Domino grants all users Depositor access to the mail.box database, however we are having issues - the test mail sits on the domino server in a "pending&quo...

Can Blocked Senders List size maintained by Exchange Server 2003 be increased?
I am running Exchange Server 2003 and my Outlook 2003 client has a large Blocked Sender list to filter Junk E-mail. I am getting a message saying the size of the folder managed by the server is out of space. Is there a way to increase the size of this list in my Exchange Server? When I first experienced this problem, my list had around 10,000 entries. I have exported the list a few times and run a macro to re-import the list as only unique domain names and this has allowed the size of my list to grow to around 11,390 entries, but is a slow process and I am getting this message more frequen...

Moving PST file in Outlook 2007
In helping a friend set up his new laptop with Outlook 2007 I took his Outlook 2003 PST, moved it to the new laptop, modified the profile to point at the new PST and everything worked fine. Unfortunately, I had placed the file in a folder in his My Documents and he decided to move some folders in My Documents to another folder he created. Of course one of the ones he moved was the Outlook PST folder I created. Outlook no workee! When he told me what he'd done I was able to move the folder back to where it belonged and all was well in Outlook. I would like to avoid anything like t...

Removing 5.5 Exchange Server from 5.5 Echange Organisation
Hi, I am about to remove one of our two exchange servers from our environment, we are running Exchange 5.5 on NT4, please could someone advise on the cleanest way to do this or direct me to a document which can guide me through the process. This is not the main server it is just in supplement and we would like to remove. Thanks in advance -- Kindest Regards Chiggi I always go thru http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152959 and make sure the public folders are rehomed when getting ready to remove an Exchange 5.5 sever server from a NT4/Exchange 5.5 site. (I use t...

Doc. image writer office 2007 win7 64x will not show on printer li
trying to install microsoft office document image writer on windows 7 64x with office 2007. it will not show on my list of printers. I have done the control pannel/change/add features/office tools/document image writer/run all from my computer. this has installed document imaging and document scanning software, but will not show up on my list of printers. I need help with this because it seems that ive upgraded and LOST functionality. as for now i am giving up on this because im already 15 hrs deep in research and troubleshooting. restarting the computer after the change, ...

Sync Outlook 2007 calendar and contacts w/Blackberry 9630
I hooked up my Blackberry 9630 with my new Sony laptop/Outlook 2007 and only the media files synched. I've tried doing an import from the Blackberry to Outlook, but the only thing that shows up is its media card. It was synching perfectly with Outlook 2003. How do I get it to sync with Outlook 2007? Are you using the same profile you used with 2003? Did you check the sync settings in desktop manager? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: ...

[PS 2007] cube building problem
i get error after cube building process starts: ===== Initiating cube build process ===== [5/20/2010 2:57 PM] Cube build request message has been added to the Project Server queue ===== Verifying and running pre-build server event handler ===== [5/20/2010 2:58 PM] Verifying and running pre-build server event handler ===== Determining database and cube structure ===== [5/20/2010 2:59 PM] Cube build initialization started [5/20/2010 2:59 PM] OLAP database and cube structure was determined successfully ===== Building database and cubes ===== [5/20/2010 2:59 PM] Cube build session s...

Tons of bounce messages ...
We just had a weird happening this weekend ... everyone got 700 or so emails stating that certain messages could not be delivered. All came from mydomain@mydomain.com ... we have no user named mydomain. Relaying has been turned off except for authenticated users since day one (years ago), but all of a sudden the user named 'mydomain' exists I guess. I can send an email to mydomain@mydomain.com and everyone gets it, like some policy somewhere just puts this message in everyones mailbox. This phantom user can also reley thru our server accouting for all the bad mail messages. An...

Styles & formatting button on MS Office 2007
Where's the button to modify your word templates? I can't find it anywhere at the top in MS Office 2007 - it's a word document - anyone know? It's the tiny button in the bottom right corner of the Styles group on the Home ribbon. The keyboard shortcut for it is Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S. For any of the styles that appear in the Quick Style gallery on the ribbon, you can right-click the style's button and choose Modify. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsg...

Need to convert Outlook 2003 pst to 2000 compatible
Hi, I upgraded to Outlook 2003 and then realized I had to go back to Outlook 2000 I can't access my Outlook 2000 archive .pst. I get this error message. The file "..." is not compatible with this version or the Personal Folders information service. Contact your administrator. Is there a way to access it again? Thanks, Do Create an new PST, but choose the older format option and drag and drop to the new PST. Travis "Do" <doduong12141214@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eEtvDDkqDHA.2964@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I upgraded to...

Converting a null value to a predetermined text value
I have a query where some results may be null. In this case, is it possible to set a criteria to allow the query to return a result for a null value to equal some text value? For example: If null then = "Unreviewed" Thanks Jim Something like this in a query should work. ReviewStatus: NZ([TheField],"Unreviewed") -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Jimball" wrote: > I have a query where some results may be null. In this case, is it possible > to set a criteria to allow the qu...

HELP: Second Internet domain for SBS Exchange 2000?
Hello, I manage a small SBS 2000 network. The company manages it's email with Exchange. However, I have one user with a separate Internet domain who I need to setup to receive ALL email (catch all) in his Exchange mailbox sent to that domain. Also, the other users at the company will never need to have email addresses for the second Internet domain....just the one person. I've tried creating a separate storage group, but that doesn't seem possible with SBS. Also, I'd like his Primary Email address to be an email address for the second domain, not the main domain of...

Access 2007 Email Data Collection
Hi. I am conveting an existing Access 2000 application to 2007 and would like to add the functionality provided by the new Email Data Collection Wizard. My users are used to sending emails from withing the Access application by just pushing button. I would like to provide the wizard's functionality with VBA programming. I'm already familiar with code to open an Outlook session, create email messages and send messages using VBA. I'm assuming there is a way to send the data collection form programatically as well. Can anyone point me to the documentation for this new fu...

stroage capacity office wars (outlook / exchange)
our small (12 person) office, running an exchange server is running into "email storage issues"... generally, appropriate to the nature of the business, the email is stored in subfolders within the public folder. the emails frequently have attachments, occasionally 6M to 14M in size. This quickly max's the maximum storage capacity. (a "dead filing / archive" routine is in place and active) there is a STRONG opinion on "one side" of the office that attachments ought to be stripped and stored elsewhere. the "other" side feels that this is &...

Exchange 2003 e-mail notifications not working
Since I have upgraded my Exchange servers from 2000 to 2003 (also upgraded to windows 2003) my e-mail notification (ESM Monitoring and Status)are no longer being sent for server monitoring that are E2k3, servers that are still E2k work fine. I also have Notification set up for connectors and they also work (even for connectors that are on E2k3 servers). I looked at artical 310315 Trouble Shooting Exchange Monitoring and Status but no errors where recored in the log. Any ideas? Regards, Brian ...

Meaning of message
When I try to open an excel file created in Excel 97 on a machine running Office 2000, I get the following message: "This workbook contains one or more external data ranges whose column sorting, filtering, and layout changes are no longer being retained. To start retaining these changes, click OK, and then ckick Refresh data on the external Data toolbar." Can anyone tell me what this all means? I am haveing a problem with this worksheet and this may be related. Hi sounds like you have used 'Data - Import - External Data' in this workbook. Maybe the data source is no...

to do bar preventing use of outlook 2007
I have recently upgraded to Windows 7, on re-installing Office 2007 I had the oppurtunity to copy over selected items or all of my .pst, I selected all. When I turned on the to do bar I am no longer able to use 2007, I have deleted and the .pst and created a new one to no avail. The to do bar task list seems to be the root cause of the problem but I cannot turn it off. Please help. ...

Questions about building an offline Exchange 2000 recovery server
Hello all, I know that there is a Microsoft paper that describes the process of creating an offline Exchange 2000 server (trust relationship, etc..) Could you please forward that paper to me? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Best regards, Greg http://support.microsoft.com/?id=326052 On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:47:04 -0700, "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello all, > >I know that there is a Microsoft paper that describes the process of >creating an offline Exchange 2000 server (trust relationship, etc..) Could >you please forward that ...

Delay sending a message
When I delay sending a message by selecting "Do not deliver before xxxxx" the message will only deliver when I am connected to the exchange server, ie: have outlook open. I used to have it set up so a message would be sent at the specified time even if Outlook wasn't open. The Outbox is on the Exchange Server. I've got 2003. Is it because I'm using cached exchange mode? Any ideas of what setting I need to adjust would be great. Thanks. ...

OCS 2007 Conferencing Issue
Hi when i tried to start a Live Meeting conference, in the console a message appears that saids: "Computer audio and video are not available for this meeting". In the Even Log appears to errors: The Audio-Video MCU received a CCCP request, but the request could not be processed because it was malformed. Type of request: AddConference, Reason validation failed: Meeting requests cannot exclude both audio and video., Origin of request: For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. _____________________________________________...

Converting postcode to sales area
I have some large spreadsheets with customer addresses and need to assign a sales manager to each of then. The sales area is assigned by the first letters in the postcode. I.e GL7 5TQ, GL means David, W15 0JD, W means Rob. I have checked the IF function but that's limited to 7 functions and I have some 70 odd postcodes to assign. I also tried the Lookup function, but I didn't get it to work. ( not saying it works but I couldn't get it to work...;-) Has anyone a solution for this problem? Cheers Lars Excel 2003 how did you have your lookup function set up? "LarsF&qu...

Default settings in Outlook 2007
How can you revert to Default settings in Outlook 2007 Using the /cleanviews switch will restore your default views. Using the /firstrun switch will start Outlook as if it were run for the first time. Start > Run > outlook.exe /firstrun Start > Run > outlook.exe /cleanviews (note the space between outlook.exe and the switch) If you're using Vista or Windows 7: Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /firstrun Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /cleanviews (note the same space after outlook.exe) "dashdotdotdash" <dashdotdotdash@discuss...