Exchange 2007 "Legacy" mailboxs on NEW users

Everything is fine with the Exchange 2007 server added to our network that
also l has Exchange 2003 running on the SRV2003 domain controller.

<except>
When we create a new account and specifiy a new mailbox on Exchange 2007,
the mailbox is created on Ex2007 but is marked as a Legacy mailbox.  It can
be fixed by moving it to Ex2003, then back to Ex2007 after waiting for the
cleanup period between the two moves.

0
swb_mct (64)

How do you create the new mailbox? Using Exchange 2007 console/shell?
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"steveb" <swb_mct@msn.com> wrote in message
> Everything is fine with the Exchange 2007 server added to our network that
> also l has Exchange 2003 running on the SRV2003 domain controller.
>
> <except>
> When we create a new account and specifiy a new mailbox on Exchange 2007,
> the mailbox is created on Ex2007 but is marked as a Legacy mailbox.  It
> can be fixed by moving it to Ex2003, then back to Ex2007 after waiting for
> the cleanup period between the two moves.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
1/30/2007 2:00:35 AM
I was making them in Active Directory Users and Computers as I created a new
user.  It lets you target the Ex2007 server for the mailbox, but its marked
Legacy.

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
> How do you create the new mailbox? Using Exchange 2007 console/shell?
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "steveb" <swb_mct@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Everything is fine with the Exchange 2007 server added to our network
>> that also l has Exchange 2003 running on the SRV2003 domain controller.
>>
>> <except>
>> When we create a new account and specifiy a new mailbox on Exchange 2007,
>> the mailbox is created on Ex2007 but is marked as a Legacy mailbox.  It
>> can be fixed by moving it to Ex2003, then back to Ex2007 after waiting
>> for the cleanup period between the two moves.

0
swb_mct (64)
1/30/2007 3:08:37 AM
You should create 2007 mailboxes using Ex2007 console/shell to avoid this.
--

>I was making them in Active Directory Users and Computers as I created a
>new user.  It lets you target the Ex2007 server for the mailbox, but its
>marked Legacy.
>

> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
>> How do you create the new mailbox? Using Exchange 2007 console/shell?
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>>

>> "steveb" <swb_mct@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> Everything is fine with the Exchange 2007 server added to our network
>>> that also l has Exchange 2003 running on the SRV2003 domain controller.
>>>
>>> <except>
>>> When we create a new account and specifiy a new mailbox on Exchange
>>> 2007, the mailbox is created on Ex2007 but is marked as a Legacy
>>> mailbox.  It can be fixed by moving it to Ex2003, then back to Ex2007
>>> after waiting for the cleanup period between the two moves.

0
bharat3597 (1006)

Get rid of legacy 2003 custom toolbars in 2007
I have a Word 2003 template for which I created a custom toolbar with 5 buttons. The client migrated to 2007, so I did as well. Some of the buttons don't work. I want to either delete some buttons or the entire toolbar but I can't figure out how. Someone please help. I'm near bridge jumping. I am thinking that if you use File>Open to open the template and then save it in either dotx (or dotm if it has macros that you still need) format, the toolbars may be deleted from it. Alternatively, if you still have access to Word 2003, you could open the template in that ...

Legacy 5.5 Exchage won't boot, but NEED TO remove it from Exchange 2003 environment
I have a client currently has a Exchange 5.5 and 2003 mixed environment. The hardware on 5.5 gave out recently and was described by the client as giving some problems in the overall Exchange 2003 environment. How do I remove all traces of this Exchange 5.5 server without impacting the Exchange 2003 and AD environment? The article I have found that resembles this issue is at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822450/en-us . Can someone verify that this should work safely? thanks Hi Dude, Assuming that is the last 5.5 server in the site then those direction are perfect. If it is t...

DST Exchange Tool Fails With an ExchangeLegacyDN Complex Name
Ran into this problem trying to run the Exchange DST Tool on Exchange 2003. Most of our users have a ExchangeLegacyDN like "Average, Joe" - which the tool will not work with. Changing it to "averagejoe" will work. I am not about to go through 700 user accounts one by one, by hand and change this value! Example from Mailbox_x.txt file, created by MsExTmzCfg: "/O=WEBASTO/OU=US/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=AVERAGE, JOE" SUSROCEX2 Eastern Standard Time This ^ will NOT work After hand-editing ExchangeLegacyDN in Active Directory: /O=WEBASTO/OU=US/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=AVERAG...

Automatic updates crippling legacy machine
I have a legacy 866MHz, 384Mbyte, XP/SP3 machine that has always run "well enough" however sometime in the last several months its responsiveness became awful most of the time. Using performance monitor I determined that "automatic updates" was driving it into a condition of more than 100 paging transactions/second rather continuously. When I disabled automatic updates the machine returned to its usual condition which is to say I can have a number of apps open and get reasonable performance. Has automatic updates changed in a significant way (either intenti...

Removing Legacy Data from a PivotChart report
I have a pivot chart report which pulls its source data from SQL Server database. I have created a copy of this file to point to a different SQL Server (exact same tables). When I refresh the report, the chart and pivot are refreshed correctly from the new server. However the original data still remains (as well as the new data) in the drop down selection box for the columns. i.e. the chart is showing ExecuteDate in the ROW area, JobName in the COLUMN area and the number of minutes each job ran each day as the DATA. The graph plots each job showing the duration over the last 30 days. In the...

Legacy Office Indenties
I am running out of drive space on my PB and looking through my documents folder, I noticed in the Microsoft User Data folder that there were sub-folders for: Office 2004 (current) Office X (old) Office 2001 (old) Within these folders there are various files of large size (database & messages in 2001, database in X). Since I am now using 2004, can I delete these old indenties folders and the files contained therein without any detriment to my existing Office Apps and messages/data? Any help is much appreciated! Jay In article <1121113355.643998.296460@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Using VS2005 to ship legacy code for XP and Windows 2000.
If you want to publish a Windows application that runs on Windows 2000 or Windows XP, using the latest compiler (Visual Studio 2005), you can do so. Without requiring that you ship megabytes of code from the VS2005 runtime libraries (MSVCRT80.DLL and MFC80.DLL). Follow these steps: 1) Install the Windows Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK (April 2005 Edition). The April 2005 PSDK bundles the VS 2005 compiler (version 14.0) and its associated include headers and libraries. With VC6 installed it allows you to link VC6 compatible apps for 32-bit applications. 2) You won't be able to use th...

legacy controls vs content controls
Can someone explain the difference between the controls found on the Developer tab, i.e. text content control, checkbox content control, combo box content control, and using those same controls found on the Legacy Controls gallery. I can't figure out what the difference and how to explain it to someone else. They all look the same, so why are some duplicated on the Legacy Controls button? Content controls are new to Word 2007. Only the legacy controls are supported by Word 97-2003. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Judy" <Judy@discussions.microsoft....

Integration with legacy systems
Hello there. 've seen there is an integration between Microsoft CRM and MS Great Plains. I need to do a similar integration beetween Microsoft CRM and a local System ERP named Diapason. The customer shoul be created by MS CRM. passed to the ERP. Updated tin the ERP and then updated automatically in the MS CRM. Order born in CRM. When approved, tehy should send to the ERP. The ERP create the invoice and send the invoice to MS CRM. Price list is managed by the ERP, imported in MS CRM and when updated in ERO, should be updated automatically in CRM. Customer are updated in ERP and shou...

using browsers from legacy computers and Macintoshes
Does anyone know if the CRM can be accessed from any browser? I am more interested in knowing if the IE 6 running on NT4 can access the CRM 1.2. Also it would be good to know if the latest version of IE on Macs can access the CRM. I would appreciate a quick response as we are about to make a decision in purchasing CRM 1.2. Thank, John Hi: AFAIK there is no official support for IE 6 on NT, but it SHOULD work...The Mac version of the browser won't work as it doesn't support the Active X controls needed for the interface... HTH. John. "john Smith" <smith@fakedomai...

Legacy Driver / Service?
I noticed two services (neither started, both set to manual) that I do not remember seeing before, and for which a web search turns up nothing: CBLuzL, and QFDi87. A search of my HD turns up no files with these names, and a search of my registry turns them up listed as legacy drivers. I don't have sufficient knowledge to track further than that. Anyone have any idea what these are? Thanks in advance. Commentator wrote: > I noticed two services (neither started, both set to manual) that I do not > remember seeing before, and for which a web search turns up no...

Exchange 2007
I have migrated from 2003 to 2007, but most of the mailboxes I added to the 2007 server I did from ADUC. Newer mailboxes I created in Exchange 2007 EMC appear different. All are in the new 2007 mail database, but the ADUC created ones still are labeled 'Legacy'. Ones created with EMC are marked as 'User'. Is there a functional difference? If important to get them out of 'Legacy' status, how do you accomplish this? Don't want to have to recreate them and load email back in again. found this KB article. Hope this helps others. http://support.microsoft.com/default...

Problem Accessing Exchange 2003 Legacy Mailbox from Exchange 2007 Client Access Server.
Hello, I have setup a new Exchange 2007 server with the Client Access Role. I am attempting to access an Exchange 2003 mailbox via IMAP. I have enabled IMAP on the Exchange 2007 Client Access Server and I have started the IMAP service. Connections are sucessful but I can't authenticate. Here is the error dialog Using Outlook Express: LOGIN failed. Configuration: Account: exch-hub1.mydomain.com Server: exch-hub1.mydomain.com User name: wtholmes@mydomain.com Protocol: IMAP Port: 993 Secure(SSL): 1 Code: 800cccd1 I am able to access my exchange 2003 legacy mailbox vi...

Users Legacy Exchange DN
Is there any way for me to correct the LegacyExchangeDN for users? We are running Exchange 2003 in native mode, and some of our old users have a strange value in the LegacyExchangeDN. This value shows up when you are typing addresses....Example TO: Jack Jones <87dfdsads> Thanks for you help Craig You will need to manually change edit this in adsiedit. However keep in mind that this can cause replies to fail if the users do not have a corresponding x500 adress with this value. Also changing the legacydn will force a full download of your OAB. James Chong Craig wrote: > Is there...

CRM integration to legacy systems via BizTalk
Hi There We have a number of systems containing different information about customers that we would like integrate with CRM via BizTalk. Basically, CRM will be the basis of our contact centre, where all customer enquiries will be dealt with through CRM and the various legacy systems updated accordingly. Can this situation be acheived using BizTalk and MSCRM? If so, can CRM hold data for that customer as well as update other systems? Are there any best practices for this situation that anyone knows of? The idea is that when we update information for a particular customer, the update is ...

Legacy driver conversion needs means to identify process sending I
I am still converting a massive and old WDM driver. We found where the old driver copies the Irp->Tail.Overlay.OriginalFileObject in order to identify which process sent the WDFREQUEST. While inspecting MSDN's docs on the IRP struct, we noted that the OriginalFileObject member of Tail.Overlay is not recommended for driver usage. So here is my question: What is the ideal way for a KMDF driver to determine which instance of our DLL (which user mode app) sent the WDFREQUEST? What our driver must do is enforce that one and only one app open certain items like channels o...

media.legacy[2].txt
Every time I do a scan with SUPERAntiSpyware on my XP-SP3 system I get the following "bad" cookie report: media.legacy[2].txt I remove it with SAS but it's always back the next time I run SAS. It doesn't appear when I run Malwarebytes, MSE or Spybot S&D . I can't find out much about it on Google or Bing. Does anyone know what it is or if it is dangerous? TIA Cookies per se are not dangerous in and of themselves. They are strings of text, therefore basically static or inert and not dangerous. They are placed on your machine by the web ser...

LegacyExchangeDN and Renamed Mailboxes.
Another user had this same question about a week ago referencing tutu and toto. One MVP suggested to delete and recreate and another referenced getting rid of the NK2 file. Neither suggestion helps the problem and still hasn't addressed the actual question of, is it ok to change the LegacyExchangeDN attribute of a user without any negative side effects? Why delete the account if everything else is fine? Also, as I state later, a brand new NK2 file produces the same result. We have some users who have changed their last names. I have renamed the accounts and changed the display ...

Default legacyExchangeDN admingroup for new recipients
We have two administrative groups in our pure Exchange 2003 environment; one of them is only for testing (R&D). I'm noticing that all new mail-enabled users or distribution lists have a legacyExchangeDN pointing to the administrative group that just holds our test servers (no user mailboxes). At the moment when a mail-enabled user or distribution list is created, what assigns the legacyExchangeDN? In particular, how is the administrative group chosen? While it hasn't yet caused any negative side effects, I want the option to be able to easily remove the test administrativ...

legacyExchangeDN
I have a Exchange2K3 server on a Windows2K3. It is an upgrade of Exchange5.5 on WinNT. The lay out was a bit different, and some mailboxes have inherited "unwanted" values in that "legacyExchangeDN" property: recipient containers which no longer exist, mailbox (hidden) names from a different naming policy, etcetera. May I change at will that property for several users? ... without having to reinstall my whole server, of course ;-) -- TIA R� Why? Is it broken? It *could* be changed, although I advise you be careful changing that. Test the heck out of it in your en...

CRM and Legacy Software
Hi, We have potential interest from an organization who are running a mixture of O/S's and Office versions. 90% of them are fine, but they have a handful of PC's running Win98 (IE 5.5SP2) and Office 97. Now I know this is not a supported configuration, but...... The users on the 98 machines will be using CRM purely as a contact management system and not using any of the marketing features that may involve the Office apps. Are there any issues I should be aware of? I am tempted to setup a lab with a Win98 machine but thought I would ask here first. Thanks in advance. ...

CRM legacy integration
I've got an legacy system that contains data that needs to be transferred to a custom entity in CRM 3.0. The legacy system has an sql database and a option to make flat files. The data in the legacy is updated throughout time, so if a record in the legacy system is updated (daily) is must be updated in CRM as well. The idea is to do this integration with BizTalk 2006. What steps should I take to make this work. Assuming you can get the "changed" records each day, you could easily bring those records into BizTalk. Then, you can write a simple SOAP wrapper that takes the in...

content controls versus legacy controls
Can someone tell me what the difference is between the content controls found in the gallery when you click the Developer tab, as opposed to the same controls found when you click the Legacy controls? I cannot figure out what the difference isw or how to explain to someone else what the difference is, why should I use the controls on the Legacy Control panel instead of just using the ones without clicking hte Legacy Controls button. Thanks, Judy On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:50:01 -0800, Judy <Judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can someone tell me what the differ...

legacy DN
I have to change one attribute by adsi edit to move certain old mailboxes (because we has an old organization that now have another name), and this is not a problem! The problem is that i have to make check name on all changed client!! How i can avoid this?!?! ...

Legacy Reports CRM 1.2-3
Can anyone point me to a resource or information on how to re-implement custom crystal reports created in CRM 1.2 on crm 3.0 ? The implementation guide glosses over it. All our reports were customized in crystal and I have not been able to find how to load, access, etc. our "legacy" reports in version 3. Regards James James, At a base level, you can oen the reports in Crystal and change the record source to be the filtered views provided in CRM. This should allow you to preserve the base report structure. Otherwise, you can try to migrate them to Reporting Services. -- M...