exchange 2007 installation error

Hi to u all,
When I install exchange 2007, I receive the following error from the
GUI installation:

****start of message***********************
Elapsed time: 01:05:56

Copy Exchange Files
Completed

Elapsed Time: 00:13:08

Hub Transport Role
Completed

Elapsed Time: 00:12:49

Client Access Role
Completed

Elapsed Time: 00:13:41

Mailbox Role
Failed

Error:
An error occurred. error code was 3238230409 message was An internal
component is not responding.."
******end of message***************

The tree steps about the schema domain completed seccussfuly.
setup /preparelegacyexchangepermission
setup /prepareschema
setup /prepareAD

It's Fail only on the mailbox role, all the rest installed OK.

My version is 32 BIT

please help.......

Thanks,
Bolton

0
didi10000 (8)

I assume you are using Beta 2.  Everytime I have had installation issues, I
have fought them unsuccessfully and end up WIPING OUT THE BOX and starting
over.  Since this is in a test environment, you might just want to start
over.

--
Jim McBee
Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

"Did" <didi10000@walla.co.il> wrote in message
> Hi to u all,
> When I install exchange 2007, I receive the following error from the
> GUI installation:
>
> ****start of message***********************
> Elapsed time: 01:05:56
>

> Copy Exchange Files
> Completed
>
> Elapsed Time: 00:13:08
>

> Hub Transport Role
> Completed
>
> Elapsed Time: 00:12:49
>

> Client Access Role
> Completed
>
> Elapsed Time: 00:13:41
>

> Mailbox Role
> Failed
>
> Error:
> An error occurred. error code was 3238230409 message was An internal
> component is not responding.."
> ******end of message***************
>
> The tree steps about the schema domain completed seccussfuly.
> setup /preparelegacyexchangepermission
> setup /prepareschema
> setup /prepareAD
>
> It's Fail only on the mailbox role, all the rest installed OK.
>
> My version is 32 BIT
>
> please help.......
>
> Thanks,
> Bolton

0
jmcbee9404 (625)
10/31/2006 7:21:31 AM
On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 21:21:31 -1000, "Jim McBee \(MVP - Exchange\)"
<jmcbee@cta.spambegone.net> wrote:

>I assume you are using Beta 2.  Everytime I have had installation issues, I
>have fought them unsuccessfully and end up WIPING OUT THE BOX and starting
>over.  Since this is in a test environment, you might just want to start
>over.

Yep. I havent had very good success fixing a failed installation
either without wiping the server and starting over.
0
adavid (8731)
10/31/2006 1:49:21 PM
I've just had the exact same error as the original poster, except I'm
installing CCR.  I'm wrestling with it now to see if I can make progress.
So far, so bad.    :(

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 21:21:31 -1000, "Jim McBee \(MVP - Exchange\)"
> <jmcbee@cta.spambegone.net> wrote:
>
>>I assume you are using Beta 2.  Everytime I have had installation issues,
>>have fought them unsuccessfully and end up WIPING OUT THE BOX and starting
>>over.  Since this is in a test environment, you might just want to start
>>over.
>

> Yep. I havent had very good success fixing a failed installation
> either without wiping the server and starting over.

0
neil.hobson (1158)
10/31/2006 2:28:45 PM
Have you seen this?  (Jack Linssen's answer)

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=753732&SiteID=17

I'm getting the same error on a CCR installation, and tried the solution on
killing the lodctr process.  That worked, but I ended up not being able to
mount the database.  Still working on that one.   :)

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP
http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Did" <didi10000@walla.co.il> wrote in message
> Hi to u all,
> When I install exchange 2007, I receive the following error from the
> GUI installation:
>
> ****start of message***********************
> Elapsed time: 01:05:56
>

> Copy Exchange Files
> Completed
>
> Elapsed Time: 00:13:08
>

> Hub Transport Role
> Completed
>
> Elapsed Time: 00:12:49
>

> Client Access Role
> Completed
>
> Elapsed Time: 00:13:41
>

> Mailbox Role
> Failed
>
> Error:
> An error occurred. error code was 3238230409 message was An internal
> component is not responding.."
> ******end of message***************
>
> The tree steps about the schema domain completed seccussfuly.
> setup /preparelegacyexchangepermission
> setup /prepareschema
> setup /prepareAD
>
> It's Fail only on the mailbox role, all the rest installed OK.
>
> My version is 32 BIT
>
> please help.......
>
> Thanks,
> Bolton

0
neil.hobson (1158)
10/31/2006 2:34:34 PM
Woohoo!   All sorted without a reinstall.    :)    :)   :)

--

"Neil Hobson [MVP]" <neil.hobson@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote in message
> I've just had the exact same error as the original poster, except I'm
> installing CCR.  I'm wrestling with it now to see if I can make progress.
> So far, so bad.    :(
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP
> http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/
> http://www.msexchangeblog.com
>

> "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
> message news:k1lek2ljq0lm8k8mm908f92eqi1s7uq0dk@4ax.com...
>> On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 21:21:31 -1000, "Jim McBee \(MVP - Exchange\)"
>> <jmcbee@cta.spambegone.net> wrote:
>>
>>>I assume you are using Beta 2.  Everytime I have had installation issues,
>>>have fought them unsuccessfully and end up WIPING OUT THE BOX and
>>>starting
>>>over.  Since this is in a test environment, you might just want to start
>>>over.
>>

>> Yep. I havent had very good success fixing a failed installation
>> either without wiping the server and starting over.

0
neil.hobson (1158)
10/31/2006 3:43:35 PM
Thanks all of u guys, i just boot and then re-install the mailbox
server role again, it's solve the problem

Neil Hobson [MVP] wrote:
> Woohoo!   All sorted without a reinstall.    :)    :)   :)
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP
> http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/
> http://www.msexchangeblog.com
>

> "Neil Hobson [MVP]" <neil.hobson@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote in message
> > I've just had the exact same error as the original poster, except I'm
> > installing CCR.  I'm wrestling with it now to see if I can make progress.
> > So far, so bad.    :(
> >
> > --
> > Neil Hobson
> > Exchange MVP
> > http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/
> > http://www.msexchangeblog.com
> >

> > "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
> > message news:k1lek2ljq0lm8k8mm908f92eqi1s7uq0dk@4ax.com...

> >> Yep. I havent had very good success fixing a failed installation
> >> either without wiping the server and starting over.

0
didi10000 (8)

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

How to install WCF templates?
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but not in VC#2008EE. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj On Apr 15, 1:55=A0pm, Raj <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template ...

Error in Outlook Today

Microsoft Exchange Server

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic