Exchange 2007 CCR after reseeding storage group copies

We have an Exchange 2007 CCR cluster that sits on two Windows Server
2008 Enterprise nodes. Due to problems with one node, I evicted it
from the cluster and rebuilt it, reinstalling Exchange using the
custom / install passive node setup. I used 'Update Storage Group
Copy' (with the option selected to 'Delete any existing log files in
the target path') to reseed the active databses. It seemed to go OK,
and the storage groups status in the Database Management window became
'healthy'. However, when I tried to move the clustered mailbox server
on to the new node for test purposes, it failed with this message:

The version on the target node is not compatible with the version on
the source node. The source (Node1) version is 8.2.176.2, and the
target (Node2) version is 8.1.240.6.


Googling this does not bring anything up, in fact I am not even sure
if the 'version' it refers to is the copy of the database or the
patches / updates for Exchange itself. Has anyone else re-added a w2k8
\ exchange 2007 node, and can tell me how to get around this problem?

Thanks,

QH
0
QH
11/13/2009 6:25:15 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

3 Replies
911 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 35

Apply SP2 to the passive node like it's apparently applied to the active 
node.
-- 
Ed Crowley MVP
"There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
..

"QH" <quentinhudson@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:dadb3235-5baa-46c7-b0a5-9cad6b09b32e@l2g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...
>
> We have an Exchange 2007 CCR cluster that sits on two Windows Server
> 2008 Enterprise nodes. Due to problems with one node, I evicted it
> from the cluster and rebuilt it, reinstalling Exchange using the
> custom / install passive node setup. I used 'Update Storage Group
> Copy' (with the option selected to 'Delete any existing log files in
> the target path') to reseed the active databses. It seemed to go OK,
> and the storage groups status in the Database Management window became
> 'healthy'. However, when I tried to move the clustered mailbox server
> on to the new node for test purposes, it failed with this message:
>
> The version on the target node is not compatible with the version on
> the source node. The source (Node1) version is 8.2.176.2, and the
> target (Node2) version is 8.1.240.6.
>
>
> Googling this does not bring anything up, in fact I am not even sure
> if the 'version' it refers to is the copy of the database or the
> patches / updates for Exchange itself. Has anyone else re-added a w2k8
> \ exchange 2007 node, and can tell me how to get around this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> QH 

0
Ed
11/14/2009 7:11:42 AM
Yes, you are entirely correct. I thought this myself after I left work
and was walking home, and was suitably embarrassed. Thanks for the
advice. However, even though I have been able to re-add the second
node to the cluster, the public folder services are never failing
over. Why is this? Could it be due to the fact that we still have
users and public folders on an Exchange 2003 server that is yet to be
decommissioned?

Thanks,

QH


On 14 Nov, 07:11, "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@nospam.net> wrote:
> Apply SP2 to the passive node like it's apparently applied to the active
> node.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "QH" <quentinhud...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:dadb3235-5baa-46c7-b0a5-9cad6b09b32e@l2g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...
>
>
>
>
>
> > We have an Exchange 2007 CCR cluster that sits on two Windows Server
> > 2008 Enterprise nodes. Due to problems with one node, I evicted it
> > from the cluster and rebuilt it, reinstalling Exchange using the
> > custom / install passive node setup. I used 'Update Storage Group
> > Copy' (with the option selected to 'Delete any existing log files in
> > the target path') to reseed the active databses. It seemed to go OK,
> > and the storage groups status in the Database Management window became
> > 'healthy'. However, when I tried to move the clustered mailbox server
> > on to the new node for test purposes, it failed with this message:
>
> > The version on the target node is not compatible with the version on
> > the source node. The source (Node1) version is 8.2.176.2, and the
> > target (Node2) version is 8.1.240.6.
>
> > Googling this does not bring anything up, in fact I am not even sure
> > if the 'version' it refers to is the copy of the database or the
> > patches / updates for Exchange itself. Has anyone else re-added a w2k8
> > \ exchange 2007 node, and can tell me how to get around this problem?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > QH- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

0
QH
11/26/2009 10:45:50 AM
What happens?  Anything in the event log?  Any error messages?

Be aware that hosting public folders on a CCR cluster is not supported 
unless it's the only public store in the organization.  Not because it won't 
fail over, but because you can have a race condition with updated data 
resulting in potential data loss associsted with a failover.
-- 
Ed Crowley MVP
"There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
..

"QH" <quentinhudson@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:60373f82-4ec3-41f9-878f-50f453365cf8@u7g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...
> Yes, you are entirely correct. I thought this myself after I left work
> and was walking home, and was suitably embarrassed. Thanks for the
> advice. However, even though I have been able to re-add the second
> node to the cluster, the public folder services are never failing
> over. Why is this? Could it be due to the fact that we still have
> users and public folders on an Exchange 2003 server that is yet to be
> decommissioned?
>
> Thanks,
>
> QH
>
>
> On 14 Nov, 07:11, "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@nospam.net> wrote:
>> Apply SP2 to the passive node like it's apparently applied to the active
>> node.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley MVP
>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>> .
>>
>> "QH" <quentinhud...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:dadb3235-5baa-46c7-b0a5-9cad6b09b32e@l2g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> > We have an Exchange 2007 CCR cluster that sits on two Windows Server
>> > 2008 Enterprise nodes. Due to problems with one node, I evicted it
>> > from the cluster and rebuilt it, reinstalling Exchange using the
>> > custom / install passive node setup. I used 'Update Storage Group
>> > Copy' (with the option selected to 'Delete any existing log files in
>> > the target path') to reseed the active databses. It seemed to go OK,
>> > and the storage groups status in the Database Management window became
>> > 'healthy'. However, when I tried to move the clustered mailbox server
>> > on to the new node for test purposes, it failed with this message:
>>
>> > The version on the target node is not compatible with the version on
>> > the source node. The source (Node1) version is 8.2.176.2, and the
>> > target (Node2) version is 8.1.240.6.
>>
>> > Googling this does not bring anything up, in fact I am not even sure
>> > if the 'version' it refers to is the copy of the database or the
>> > patches / updates for Exchange itself. Has anyone else re-added a w2k8
>> > \ exchange 2007 node, and can tell me how to get around this problem?
>>
>> > Thanks,
>>
>> > QH- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -
> 

0
Ed
11/27/2009 2:03:38 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Excel VB-Copy formula down until adjacent cell (left) is blank?
Here is exactly what I am trying to do through VB in Excel: Weekly data pull fills colums A:G. Row count is always different. I am modifying the data pull through VB, and I have a VLOOKUP formula in cell H2. What I want VB to do is copy that formula down column H to the last row (with data) each week. I guess I want it to be dynamic so that as rows decrease/increase the formula is only copied down to the final row/record. I know someone out of this smart group will know how to do this! Thanks in advance! Tony (pseudo code) in a macro .... dim lngLastrow as long dim rngTarget...

Viewing Distribution Groups in a different domain
I opened a user account in one domain, using Active Directory, connected to the Global Catalog domain controller of that domain. UIder the Member Of tab, it only lists the distribution groups that the user is a member of in the current domain, and not the lists that are in a different domain. I am using WXP Pro SP2. When using W2K, and I try this, I can view those distribution groups. Any reason as to why I am unable to view them using WinXp? ...

Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007
First... My question: How can I delete a 'saved' Return Address in the envelope template? When I am in Word and I go to print an envelope, I have to use, or correct, a 'saved' Return Address. (Someone had saved it before and it always changes!) (The migration: Word > Mailings > Envelopes ) Please help Thanks in advance. Dave __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4966 (20100322) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com "David Dyke&quo...

Latest Exchange Administrator Needed admin.exe = 5.5.2655.33
If any body knows were to download the Exchange Admin (admin.exe Version 5.5.2655.33). I am having a problem with mailbox sizes being incorrectly diplayed in Exchange admin. I have dozens of Executives that have mailboxes over 4 or 5 GB and I have no way of correctly reporting there sizes other than using ExMerge. Please help..... Hi Ed, You will need to call into our Tech Support and refer to the following Knowledge Base article and tell them that you need the hotfix. 305829 XADM: Incorrect Mailbox Size Is Displayed in Exchange Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=305829 -- Thanks,...

word 2007 freezes when closing
I've allready uninstalled and re-installed, but problem still there. MS Office Home and Student 2007 Uninstalling rarely fixes any issues with Word. Instead, for general troubleshooting, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Dan Shults" <Dan Shults@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32AEA265-6BFB-484B-9CB4-8F8927F6D51E@microsoft.com... > I've allready uninstalled and re-installed, but problem still there. > > MS Office Home and Student 2007 ...

Exchange server unreachable after being moved
Hello, people. I hope you could help me with this issue. We have two Exchange 2003 servers (A and B) in our organization. The server A is the main server and as it was needed, server B was added in the same Administrative group in the same site. But the last server (B) was ment to inhabit in another country, so this server was sent to my coutry. Now they both keep a constant communication via VPN. The problem is that since de the server is here, only internal message can be delivered (among mailboxes in this server) but not messages between servers (I mean, a message sent from a mail...

Port 25 telnet on Exchange 2K3 servers
Hi, Installed 3 new Exchange 2K3 SP2 for a client the other day, but unable to telnet to port 25, even on the servers them selves... the servers are 2 Enterprise & 1 standard 2K3 SP2, they also have Mcafee Antivirus ( file level with Exchange folder exclusion ) and Mcafee GroupShield on them... Curiously all email functions are ok, able to send and receive internally and to Internet, just not able to telnet to port 25 on any servers... If I add another port to the SMTP VS, then able to telnet that port, but not 25, so I think one of the Anti-virus programs is stopping port 25... ...

Money 2007 won't accept Win Live ID
Money 2007 on Vista. It asks for my Windows LIve ID and I've tried three of them. To all of them it says "Your signin info could not be verified. "Go On line and then try to sign in." I'm not sure what the "go on line means, but I closed Money and singed in at several places then tried again and I get the same error message. TIA, CH If you have Money 2007 edition, and you cannot sign in with your correct passport or now called Windows Live address in addition to what is in the MSKB that addresses this: 1) Turn off your Firewall--this is a 2007 specif...

Where is the strikethrough in Publisher 2000, 2003, 2007???
I have tried several versions of Publisher and none have strikethrough as an available style of font. I hate to say it but my end users are not savvy enough to want or are able to draw a line down the middle of every sentence of a paragraph. Why has this been an oversight in publisher for so long? Microsoft PLEASE give me strikethrough in publisher! Is it there and just hidden? On a side note, anyone know of any strikethrough fonts that I could use in publisher? Know how to make one? There is no strikethrough option in Publisher. We just draw a line where we want it and group it ...

Running ESEUTIL on a Exchange 2003
I don't have the necessary disk drive space on my C: drive but I do have it on my drive M: which is attached to the SAN. Do I need to copy the following files: Eseutil.exe, Ese.dll, Jcb.dll, Exosal.dll, and Exchmem.dll (this is what it says in 244525 for exchange 2000, is it still the same for Exchange? Or can I just run it the utility from C: and will it create the temp files on the drive where the store is located? -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Are you trying to run a defrag? If so, you can use the /t switch to specify where to create the temp files. Example: c:\program fil...

Access 2007 Attachments
Hi there, I have a form, with a subform. The subform has an "attachment" field. This subform is displayed in datasheet format on the main form. I have code on the main form ,attached to a cmdButton, that sends an email. I now wish to amend that code so that the attachment is attached to the email - if there is one. Dim App As Object Dim Itm As Object Dim strAttachmentname Set App = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") ' all str variables defined and represent values on the main form ' get the attachment name if there is one ????? (this is what ...

Maintenance on Exchange
Hello all, I have been looking over the threads here and did not see any real input on this subject, performing maintenance, defrag the database, on Exchange 5.5 and 2K. I am also running through TechNet and find all kinds of articles on how to do defrag and compact the databases but nothing that offers any insight into doing this after so many transactions(e-mails sent and received either internal or external), or over a period of time. I am also finding the same thing on backups. All kinds of articles on how to do it but nothing that says here a recomended way. I guess someone ...

Outlook
We are on Exchange 2007, Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. A users sends a specific spreadsheet to multiple users 2-3 times a week. About once a week, one of the users tries to open the file and it is corrupted. The original file is 18K but after he attempts to open it, it reduces to 4K. If he tries to forward the message, it goes out corrupted. If he saves the file first, it is fine. But it still becomes corrupted if he tries to open from the attachment. We all use the same anti-virus and this is the only Excel document he has the problem with. He receives many from various source...

Outlook Rules not working with new Exchange Server
We recently (last week) upgraded our Exchange 5.5 server with a new machine running Exchange 2003. Since that change, a few clients who use Outlook Rules to forward messages to other email addresses have noticed that those messages are no longer being delivered. We have clients using Outlook 2000 and some using 2003 - it doesn't seem to matter which version of Outlook that's being used. The rules work just fine for placing specific messages into specific folders, but anytime that a message is supposed to be forwarded to an outside email address, it is never delivered. Any ide...

How do you convert or copy your dbx files to pst files
...

Duplicate emails received (two copies)
I am receiving two copies of each received email. What could cause this problem? Thank You, Dan ...

Mailbox fails to move
I am getting the following error: Source: MSExchangeAdmin Event ID: 9172 Description: Failed to copy messages to the destination mailbox store. Error: An unknown error has occurred. It looks like all the message gets moved it it why towards the end when it fails. I can access this mailbox just fine using Outlook 2003. Why can it not be moved? Is it a rule that is causing the problem? The redirect says to use MDBVU32 to find the bad messages. How does one tell which messages are causing the problem? I searched the premier site ...

Excel 2007 Page numbering
Is there a way in 2007 to consectively number all the sheets beginning with one (1) until ....? Thank you in advance for your help. Do you mean consecutive page numbers when printing more than one worksheet? Select the sheets to print using CTRL + click or Shift + click Then set up the header or footer with &[Page] The selected sheets will print consecutively page-numbered. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:09:01 -0800, Dottie <Dottie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way in 2007 to consectively number all the sheets beginning with >one (1)...

Intergration between Project 2007 and outlook 2003
Please help.... I am running MS Project 2007 (not server) and outlook 2003. Is there way (or a program someone can reccomend) to intergrate the tasks ect between the two pieces of software? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01CA99B8.95E55F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Yoni, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :) There is no way within Project, and I don't know of product that does. = You might like to peruse the Companions Page of the M...

How do I copy previously entered data
If I enter related data in A1 and C1 and then type the same data as A1 in A4, how do I get the data in C1 to automaticallyh appear in C4? Hi =VLOOKUP(A4,A1:C3,3,0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Snoopy wrote: > If I enter related data in A1 and C1 and then type the same data as > A1 in A4, how do I get the data in C1 to automaticallyh appear in C4? Hi Frank, Thanks for the information, I tried it and it works. One further question if I may? If I type the info in A1 in multiple places in columnA, can excel be configured to repeat the related info in c1 in the cor...

publisher 2007 cannot complete the operation
I just downloaded the trial version of Publisher 2007 because my old version, Publisher 2000, would not activate the template wizard; instead, I got the message "Publisher cannot complete the operation." The first brochure I clicked on in Publisher 2007 gave me the same message: "Publisher cannot complete the operation." I downloaded 2007 because I could not find any online solution to the problem in Publisher 2000. How do I resolve this problem in either version? Without the templates, the program is useless to me. Have you tried to repair Publisher 2000? What is ...

Exchange 12 UM-Email
How many Exchange servers do you need if you want to use Exchange as a UM server and your Email server? With all the configurable Roles Exchange server now has which ones are need to accomplish what function? At the launch event, they strongly recommended that the unified messaging stuff be on its own server. Ray "VIDRO" <VIDRO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F632EA6-0E00-4ED0-B789-7620C9789377@microsoft.com... > How many Exchange servers do you need if you want to use Exchange as a UM > server and your Email server? > With all the configurab...

How to properly group radio buttons
I have created eight radio buttons. Two of them are in first groupbox and others are in second groupbox. When I try radio buttons, only one of all eight can be checked. How to make buttons in one groupbox not depending on other groupbox ? Thanks ! P. Hi, The first radio button in each group should have the group style set to true. The grouping then works from the first group button with the group style upto and excluding the next control with the groups style. Note the grouping is tab order dependent. Hope this helps Chris Taylor "Peter" <pskvarka@softinengines.com> wro...

Help with 2007 Chart Layout
Hi, I can't figure out how to build the chart I'm hoping to create. I have data by: quarters, regions, $ and #. Q1 Americas $100 5 Q2 Americas $200 7 Q3 Americas $120 3 Q1 Asia $213 4 Q2 Asia $312 2 .... Q1 Europe ... Q2 Eroupe... .... I'd like to have on the X-axis: region, on the y-axis $ (columns) and a secondary axis # (line graph). What's throwing me is the quarters. X axis: America with 3 bar graphs side by side for Q1, Q2, Q3 then a new grouping of bar graphs side by side for Asia Q1, Q2, Q3. Can this be accomplished? I'd appreciat...

Get rid of legacy 2003 custom toolbars in 2007
I have a Word 2003 template for which I created a custom toolbar with 5 buttons. The client migrated to 2007, so I did as well. Some of the buttons don't work. I want to either delete some buttons or the entire toolbar but I can't figure out how. Someone please help. I'm near bridge jumping. I am thinking that if you use File>Open to open the template and then save it in either dotx (or dotm if it has macros that you still need) format, the toolbars may be deleted from it. Alternatively, if you still have access to Word 2003, you could open the template in that ...