Exchange 2007 Catch-all Mailbox

In Exchange 2003 I had the ability to direct all undeliverable email to a
users mailbox. I have not found out how to do this with 2007, is it even
possible?
0
phishe (1)

Restoring mailbox store fails
I've just installed a Windows Small Business Server which comes with Exchange 2003 Standard. The problem is that I can't restore mailboxes. What am I doing wrong? Here is how I try to do it: - Backup using ntbackup utility in advanced mode MS Exchange server\First Storage Group - Create Recovery Storage Goup and then Connect Database - Mailbox Store. After this I have First Storage Group with Mailbox Store mounted and Recovery Storage Group with Mailbox Store unmounted. Folloing step is restore Mailbox Store from backup. I run ntbackup and in Select what to restore mark First ...

exchange user mailbox not created
Hi guys, Have exch 2003 on win2003 svr in new AD forest. New user is created and "Create exchange mailbox" is selected for new user. Try to activate mailbox from outlook but name is not listed in GAL. Have restarted RUS, - no change. Failing an exchange server restart is there any way to tell AD / exchange to get its act together and create the mailbox. The properties of user does not display an smtp email address. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards Peter pls following the KB 286356 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286356/en-us -- Jammyù�ٴ� "cumis...

Powershell script to create Resource Rooms Exchange 2007
I am attemting to make a script to create room accounts via powershell that will set the appropriate -mailboxcalendarsettings depending on the user input. Everything works fine if I put a 5 minute pause between new-mailbox and set-mailboxcalendarsettings. It is like the mailbox isn't fully created, get-mailboxcalenarsettings gives an error "cannot open mailbox" for the first 3-5 mins after creation. Is there a way to tap the mailbox via powershell to speed up the process? Or a setting I can change on the server? Any help or ideas are appreciated! ...

Access 2007
Hello All, I just installed Access 2007 and have noticed that I can not scroll through records using the mouse scroll button whereas in the previous version it was possible. Is there anywhere you need to activate this or could this be a problem somewhere? Will appreciate any feedback Thanks and Regards Fakhruddin Zavery See: Scroll records with the mouse wheel in Access 2007 at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-70.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps...

Outlook 2007 Receive Error
I have begun to receive the error message, "Receiving' reported error (0x80040154): 'Unknown Error 8s80040154'. And I cannot receive e-mails into my Outlook 2007. Any resolution available? Try this: click 'Start|Run' and enter the following: regsvr32 inetcomm.dll Click OK. Please let us know if this works. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com &qu...

Purchase new home procedure with Money 2007
What is the best way to record the purchase of a new home? I am sure this is 'documented' somewhere but would like some detailed steps on what to do - like what/how to record all the fees for the buy, asset account, transferring items to that account, loan amount, etc. Anyone got a more or less detailed list of what to do? Tom -- See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?cat=23 for some insights. "Tom Simpson" <tom@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OP8MLttKIHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Anyone got a more or less detailed list of what to do? ...

Excel 2007 will not start.... all of a sudden.. pls help
Hi, I have Office 2007... All modules were working fine on clicking icons of word,access,excel etc. All of a sudden to day I can not start.. excel.. other programs .. starts. on starting excel. clicking Icon... I get message as follow. " This file does not have a program associated with ith it for performing this actoion. Create an association with set association control Panel. " Also when With window explorer I go in office12 folder clicking excel EXE file doe not start error message this is not win32 file. can somebody help.. or do I have to reinstall Office 2007 ...

CRM Exchange Router stop working if I install the auto accept agent for exchange????
Hi, I can't setup my server to run the auto accept agent and the CRM router on the same server!!! If I setup the CRM router, the auto acccept agent stop working, if I install the auto accept agent, the crm router stop working!!!! the CRM router service simply don't start. I'm using the auto accept agent to manage my meeting room usage. any idea??? there is some conflicts? if yes, there is a solution? thanks. Jerome. ...

Single Exchange server with multiple domains
Hello, My company was just acquired and the new owners are asking that I merge our two Exchange servers into a single server. We are running two domains. Is it possible for a user in one Windows domain to access an Exchange server in another domain? Jeff <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > My company was just acquired and the new owners are asking that I > merge our two Exchange servers into a single server. We are running > two domains. Is it possible for a user in one Windows domain to > access an Exchange server in another domain? Sure, if you...

[MAPILAB ANN.] Native POP3 Connector v2 for Exchange/SBS
We are proudly bringing to your attention our new product: Native POP3 Connector version 2. Free trial download is available! Comparing to the first version this is a completely new solution which enables Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/2003 (Small Business Server 2000/2003) to work with POP3 mail in a complete and native way. Beside the others it includes the following key features: #1 INTEGRATION Exchange System Manager full integration with the distributed administration feature. NPC is a native solution for Exchange Server: you can manage and configure it as if it were a st...

Portfolio Server 2007 vs. 2010
We have many custom fields, workflow steps, projects, ect. loaded in Portfolio Server 2007. When we look at going to the new MS Project/Portfolio 2010 version, how much of this can be migrated to the 2010 version? Will we have to re-build a lot of this from scratch in 2010 - or will there be a migration tool to bring most or all of this configuration and data forward into 2010? I asking specifically for PORTFOLIO configuration and data - not Project data. My belief is that there is no official migration path from PPS 2007 to MOPS 2010. I'd check to see if third party vend...

SBS2008 R2 ?? / Exchange 2010 ?? / SBS2010 ??
I have a client on SBS2003 R2. They're okay with it, as it has been very stable environment for them. They would have upgraded to SBS2008 but decided not to because they see it as "an interim release" between SBS2008 R2 or SBS2010. Would you say that's a correct way of looking at this. I know the Exchange 2007 is a nice improvement with SBS2008. But they're actually okay with Exchange 2003 for now. They think they might want to wait for Exchange 2010 to be included before they consider upgrading. Not to rush them if they're happy, but I'm ju...

Microsoft exchange ports
I'm trying to open my outlook trough a vpn connection on which i configured ip filter my question what port do i have to open to get my connection done? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en- us;155831& http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280132 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to open my outlook trough a vpn connection on >which i configured ip filter my question what port do i >have to open to get my connection done? >. > ...

Move OWA emails to new mailbox
I have an OWA account where they are change their email address. I know I can get new emails to them but how can I get emails that are stored on the server moved to the new OWA account. On 14 Jul 2006 11:45:08 -0700, wcutler@gmail.com wrote: >I have an OWA account where they are change their email address. I >know I can get new emails to them but how can I get emails that are >stored on the server moved to the new OWA account. Explain that again, you don't make sense here, even if you did ask the question three times. On 14 Jul 2006 11:45:08 -0700, wcutler@gmail.com wrote: ...

Moving mailboxes from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 changes size
When we move mailboxes from Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003 server it increases the mailbox size which causes issues with our users. Can someone tell me why this is happening and what to do if anything to prevent it from occurring? It may be possible that you have a high ratio of single instance storage. When someone sends an e-mail to multiple people on you exchange server it only stores one attachement and each user recieves a pointer that points to it. (this is all transparent to the user) But when you start moving mailboxes for any reason it breaks this and makes a single a...

Top 100 Mailboxes by Size #2
Hi all, I am newbie to this Exchange server, as per my project requirement i require performance object and counter for the "Top 10 Mailbox's by size across all the Exchange Servers under management". i gone through this link http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3MgmtPakGuide/7acebaa2-6725-46a8-b049-421d6e93ed25.mspx?mfr=true in this i find one Script which calculate Top 100 Mailboxes by Size. but in this all are user defined performance counters and object. so can u sort out me in brief and Is there any performance counter to find the value of ...

move to... mailbox root folder lost message
If I right click a message from my inbox, and choose move to folder... and choose the root of the mailbox tree the one with the outlook today view and move the message there it appears to be gone forever. Can someone tell me how to get that message back? thanks oh, you right click and under home page tab uncheck show home page by default :/ scottevansh...@googlemail.com wrote: > If I right click a message from my inbox, and choose move to folder... > > and choose the root of the mailbox tree the one with the outlook today > view > > and move the message there it appea...

searching for mail address in outlook 2007
Hi, When I use instant search in outlook 2007 and search for part of an email address i don't find any mail, although I know for sure they exist in the mailbox. E.g. if I want to find all mail from people working at company X and I know they all have e-mail addresses ...@company_x.com. If I then search for company_x I get zero hits. Why? If I know one of their co-workers is named John Doe and I search for John Doe I find all mails from him. Jonas ...

Internet favorites in outlook 2007
Is it possible to store your Internet Explorer favorites in outlook 2007? Thanks Alison "alistew" <alistew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0021D21C-3782-4AAF-A412-A5889AD5F2C8@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to store your Internet Explorer favorites in outlook 2007? Why? Outlook isn't a web browser and shouldn't be used as one. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Tools, Customize, Toolbars, Web alistew wrote: > Is it possible to store your Internet Explorer favorites in outlook 2007? > > Thanks > Alison ...

Office 2003 along with Office 2007 & 2010
I know that when I install a newer version of office I can keep the existing version. 1) When I rebuild my laptop I installed Office 2007 (no previous version of office was installed). Can I now install office 2003 to co-exist with 2007? I teach at the professional level and oten I'm ask how to do something in a previous version (I don't want to go back prior to office 2003) that I've done in 2007 and it would be nice to have both on my system (I have the CD for both). 2) Can I have more than two versions of Office on a system, e.g. 2003, 2007, 2010? The MS Recomm...

Moving MS money 2007 deluxe to another computer
I am trying to move my MS money 2007 from my desktop to my laptop which is more convenient. I tried a suggestion I saw posted which was downloading 2007 trial version and then using my backup money file. The conversion worked. However, I am still listed as having a trial version. I hvae upgraded several times with the online downloaded version. The versions are somewhat different. The trial one on my laptop is 16.0.10.1303 and my version on my desktop is 16.0.120.1303. Any suggestions? Obviously I can purchase a full version but I have paid my share to microsoft already. My da...

Custom Address in Exchange 2003 for x500
Hopefully someone has does this before. I'm currently trying to implement a recipient policy that will update the recipient contacts in AD and add an x500 address that will match our old Exchange 5.5 x500. Everytime I try to add a custom address type with x500 I receive the following message: The e-mail address description object in the Microsoft Exchange directory for the 'x500' address type on 'i386' machines is missing. Has anyone been able to accomplish this before? What did you need to do? Thanks in advance, Dave You need a proxy address generator DLL for th...

Track Changes in 2007 deleting large portions of text
We have a document where 3 team members are making updates in revision marks. We are not updating at the same time. For some reason, huge chunks of text are getting deleted that were never actually deleted by any of us. It has happened to all 3 of us after we worked in the document. It is now the third or fourth time that I have had to go back and reject the changes for the sections deleted, and yes it does show my name or one of the other uses in the name of the person who made the changes. I can go in, reject all of the deleted sections, save the document, get out and get b...

Outlook 2007 send/receive error
Using Win XP-Pro. Was using Outlook Express for email. Installed Outlook 2007 this morning and imported addresses and files from Express. Everything seemed to work fine until I attempted to send/receive. Got error message (0x8007000E) "out of memory or system resources". Cleaned off all extraneous files and significantly reduced folder storage amounts. Have run all diagnostics that I can find with no problems identified. Have checked my internet connections and everythng worked fine. Problem seems to be with Outlook. Would appreciate any suggestions for correction of problem. ...

Money 2007
I tried to "redeem" a CD that I have in my investment portfolio. I went to the CD, and chose as an new action "redeem CD". I transferred the money to a bank checking account. Later, I decided to delete this transaction. The transaction deleted without problem from the CD investment area, but the transaction remained in the checking account. The payee is listed as "deposit" and the category is listed as "redeem CD". I am unable to delete this transaction and I do not know why. Nothing happens when I right click on it (i.e., no drop down box ...