Exchange 2007 behind NAT/RPC over HTTP

Hi,
    I have an Exchange 2007 server behind a NAT router.  I want to configure
RPC over HTTP (Outlook anywhere) on it.  HTTP/HTTPS is working on it as
expected (the NAT router forwards ports 443 and 80 to Exchange's internal IP
address).  I have enabled Outlook Anywhere in the Exch. management console,
specified external hostname and clicked the "Basic Auhtentication" checkbox
(from what I understand that's required in order to make it work over SSL) -
the SSL offloading is not enabled.  I'm trying to configure Outlook 2003 to
connect to it but I haven't been able to.  Are there any special setting
that I missed in the Exchange or does Outlook 2003 require special
configuration?
    Any info would be great!

Thanks!

0
fritz8172 (86)

I am having the exact same problem.  Here is my environment:

Firewall Sonicwall Pro 300
Exchange Server 2007 with all roles but edge trnasport server.
Emailing out and in as well as OWA on this server work fine.  I have
installed a third party CA certificate for our domain and that works
just fine also.  Outlook anywhere is setup and enabled on this server
and the firewall allows ping, http and https from the public Internet
to get to this server.

When I try to setup an outlook 2003 client to use RPC-HTTP (Exchange
Proxy Settings) I can not connect no matter what I do from outside the
firewall.  From inside the firewall it works just fine but seems to
ONLY use the normal RPC process and not RPC-HTTP.

Please HELP!

Thanks!

0
fungirog (1)

Undeliverable Exchange emails
Exchange v5.5 sp4. A single Exchange site. Yesterday and today a user started getting NDRs like the one below. It only happened these 2 days, and once or twice for 3 different Exchange users. None of the user's are over their mailbox limit, and normally the NDR would say that. This says nothing but undeliverable. What could be the cause and how could I troubleshoot this? thanks ----------------------------------------------------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Delta cutover and tracking problem ? Sent: 6/15/2004 10:34 AM...

Moving Exchange from a Child Domain to Parent Domain
Hello all, A while back we took the fast track to Exchange 2003 deployment, we deployed a Child Native Mode Domain, to hold the Distribution/Universal Security Groups, and installed Exchange 2003 on a member server in the PARENT Domain, The child domain also allowed us to slowly upgrade the rest of our infrastructure from older NT 4 domain controllers, we will soon have all domain controllers windows 2003, and will be changing the domain functional level. I've been having trouble finding documentation that will help me remove the CHILD Domain, and migrate my Distribution/Security g...

System State backup fails on 2008R2 DC with DPM 2007 SP1
This error occur when creating short-term recovery point to disk. Local backup on the 2008R2 DC complete successfully. "Run a synchronization job with consistency check..." always succeed. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks. /Rune Flo. Alert from DPM 2007 SP1 (2.0.8861.0) server: Affected area: Computer\SystemState Occurred since: 05.01.2010 21:16:37 Description: The replica of System State Computer\SystemState on alpha.<domain> is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is ...

outlook signatures: how to keep it resident in Exchange?
Our users use Outlook to connect to the Exchange 2002 server across a LAN. Is there a way to keep a user's Outlook signature resident in Exchange so that I won't have to set up their signature when I setup their Outlook profile on their machine for the first time. ...

Exchange Public folder Limits Problem
i have a public folder that has limits set on it...I ncreased those limits, but i'm still getting an error...How can i set the limits for email size and force the updates.. Is there anyway i can tell the public folder has the changes applied? thanks, michael ...

Powerpoint 2007 File Conversion
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I recently created a presentation on my work computer in Powerpoint 2007 with the following extension - .pptx. I'm unable to open this file with my current version of Office for Mac v.11.5.1. I get a dialogue box telling me to download Office 2004 Update 11.5.0 so that I can use the Open XML File Format Converter for Mac. When I download the installer and try to run it, I get an error message that states: "The installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update. See the...

Event ID :12002 in Exchange 2000
I am using Exchange 2000 Server in Windows 2000 SP4. In my exchange Symantec Mail Security for exchange also running. For the past couple of days, no one in our organization receive attachments. when they try to open the attachement message, it gives the error " Could not open one or more attachements. So, I examine the Event log...One error log is continously appearing. The description as follows: Source: MSExchangeIS Category: Content Type EventID: 12002 Description: Error 8004010F-8000000 occured while processing message <> from 'Sender'. So I just stop the Symantec ...

Export from EXcel to jpg with 2007
Tom Ogilvy posted the following code some time back and it works wonderfully in Excel 2003 but, of course, encounters problems in 2007. Can anyone give suggestions for bringing it up to date for 2007? Sub ExportPicAsJpg() Dim chTemp As Chart Dim picCopy As Picture Dim dWidth As Double Dim dHeight As Double Dim shNew As Worksheet Set picCopy = Selection Set chTemp = Charts.Add Set shNew = Sheets.Add dWidth = picCopy.Width dHeight = picCopy.Height Application.ScreenUpdating = False With chTemp .SetSourceData Sou...

Excel 2007, Basic, Square-1 Opening Question
Clicking on an xls or an xlsx file opens Excel 2007; however, the file itself does not load/open (no blank sheet either). Only way is to drag the file from its directory. What have I done wrong? Tks! Wayne Try minimizing and then maximizing Excel to see if that makes the file appear. If it does, I'll build a small routine that does that automatically when a file is opened. This appears to be a very frequent problem for some Excel 2007 users. Bob Flanagan <wgd.roaming@verizon.net> wrote in message news:9jg3b49oe5t308vjcngefg41f5htajrm2r@4ax.com... > Clicking on an ...

add-in for Goal Seek on a data point excel 2007
Does any one know of an add-in or macro that will allow the goal seek ability on a data point to work in excel 2007 the way it did in the prior versions of excel? I know of no such add-in. I imaging a clever programmer could develop one in a week or so of intense head scratching and fist pounding. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "kendal" <kendal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CE1B286-3111-4BC5-9D5D-A84B8D350B88@microsoft.com... > Does ...

When is Microsoft going to redo the whole Word 2007 menu and toolb
Dear Microsoft. I have no idea who laid out Word 2007 but the toolbar, icons and menus at the top makit impossiblefor me to do my job. You should give people the option to keep the menus and icons layout that is in Word 2003. I spend most of my time trying to find things because whoever decided on these groupings makes no sense. I created my own customer toolbar but I can't put everything I need and use there. In your next release, please put in the option to have the origianal toolbar and menu of Word 2003. I am losing so much productive time becasue I can't find anythin...

Setting Granular Delegate Permissions from Exchange Server
We are using Exchange server 2003 in a Active directory environment. We have some users who, for a variety of reasons (Mac users with entourage, upper administration who don't want to be bothered), are unable to set granular delegation permissions for various folders within their mailboxes. Can this type of delegation be set from the server? Here's an example: User VP, using a mac with entourage, wants user PA, using the same setup, to be able to view and add appointments to VP's calendar. VP also want's PA to create and maintain an address book that PA will share to...

Exchange 5.5 RPC Problems
Our 5.5/SP4 environment has started to be problematic regularly, since it's been in a mixed AD 2003/5.5 site. The 3x 5.5mailbox servers will "randomly" lose RPC conenctivity to Outlook clients, however OWA will continue to work. There's nothing suspicious logged in the event logs. The only fix is to restart the information store, or if it's our IMAP server, we have to restart the whole server otherwsie IMAP won't work. Any clues, or tools? I've tried RCP Ping tools but the documentation is shitty. How can I use that to determine the availability, ideally I coul...

Remove time portion from date on Excel 2007 chart
I am trying to remove the auto generated time of 00:00 to every date in my chart. I have tried setting the format, but it just ignores whatever I try to input. Any help would be appreciated. Where does this appear? Which labels? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ NeoFax wrote: > I am trying to remove the auto generated time of 00:00 to every date > in my chart. I have tried setting the format, but it just ignores > whatever I try to input. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Exchange 5.5 reboot required
On our Exchange server that is running exchange 5.5 and NT 4 we have to reboot it everytime we add a new user to E-Mail and our AD on the 2003 server before the user can log into there E-Mail. Any Ideas? The Exchange server can see the user in User manager and I can assign the user as the primary mail account but it denies security like the SID is not being propergated to the NT 4 server until you reboot it. Are the databases replicating between nt 40 and ad? "Tim Comes" wrote: > On our Exchange server that is running exchange 5.5 and NT 4 we have to > reboot it every...

Exchange Service Account #2
Hello All, I have a problem. I've taken over responsibility of managing an Exchange 2003 server. To give you a history, Exchange was started in the company at v5.5, then upgraded to 2000, then upgraded to 2003. The previous admin has been terminated. When he configured the system, he made his personal account the Exchange System Manager account. Is there a way to change this account? I was thinking of just renaming his old account to something generic, but I would rather delete it and select another account to act as teh System Manager. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Tha...

Using Integration Manager for Daily Exchange Rate import
Hi there. I've been fiddling with IM to import exchange rates. I've set up an integration and I've specified the Destination as Great Plains 8.0--Setup--Exchange Rate. First question--is this the correct destination to specify for purposes of daily rate import? Second--I was able to import rates for Exchange Rate Tables for some of my Exchange Rate tables, but not for others. I get this message: "You cannot select a rate type for exchange table 'MyExchangeTable' because it is associated with the functional currency." Rate Type is not a field defined in ...

Can't send internet mail thru exchange
(perhaps this should be posted in connectivity - but I suspect licensing has something to do with this) I'm working at a client's site right now where they've suddenly come up with a symptom where they are unable to SEND Internet email. They recieve fine and internal (Exchange email is working ok). Background: This configuration has worked fine for the past 5 years. Monday evening, the machine which has Exchange installed on it (a PDC for the network) had it's data share moved to another server. The server is running WinNT sp6a. We recently tranfered some user lice...

Securing a worksheet vs. HTTP
Suppose a worksheet is secured (user may not edit cells, select cells, format cells, etc.). If the file is served via http, it seems as if these security settings are not regarded. Is this correct, or do I make some error. Michael G. Schneider Sun, 23 Sep 2007 18:41:05 +0200 from Michael G. Schneider <mgs@newsgroups.nospam>: > Suppose a worksheet is secured (user may not edit cells, select cells, > format cells, etc.). If the file is served via http, it seems as if these > security settings are not regarded. Is this correct, or do I make some > error. Serving it ...

how to use newsletter templates in MS Outlook 2007
I'm not good in Microsoft Oulook. Now with Win7 I have no option but to use this one. I easily download templates to use in Word and others but when I have to use the donwload I personalized in Word into MS Outlook 2007 things goes weird nothing works all looks totally horrible, Anyone can say how to use newsletter templates in MS Outlook 2007? Thank ...

Link to a good sample book chapter on Migrating exchange 2003
I'm not sure what the name of this book is because I got the link through a google search but I think it contains helpful information for people who are migrating exchange. Among other things, it went into some good detail on the Active Directory Connector and how it works. You could probably find similar info on MS white papers but not as easy to understand. http://www.aw-bc.com/samplechapter/032122874X.pdf ...

Exchange 2007 Send connector question
Hello all Testing out EX 2007 I have installed the mail, hub and CA role on one server and the Edge role on another server. I have alos created an edge subscription file and imported this file to the hub server, and i ra nthe start-edgesubscription and got a success. Now If i want to create any additional send connectors on the Edge server i get an error that says i can only run this command on an AD attached machine, also i cant modify any send connectors on the edge server. So i created a send connector on the HUB server configured it and then forced synchronization, thinking tha...

How to run auto-open macro in Excel 2007?
For years I've been using an Excel 2000 workbook (under Win XP) containing several macros, one of which is auto-opened at launch. (It performs necessary date checks). Security has been set so that before the workbook opens I get a warning text box asking me if I want to enable or disable macros. I've just ported the workbook to Office 2007 in a new computer running Win 7 Pro. With this system I find that when the workbook opens (in compatibilty mode), the current worksheet and the warning bar about macros appear simultaneously. I can accept or reject macro operation as I...

Storing e-mail while the Exchange Server is moved to a new location
Hi everyone. We will be moving our office to a new location in a few weeks. We have one Exchange Server behind the firewall and two anti-spam servers at the perimeter. The anti-spam servers have registered MX records and the Exchange Server does not. Mail is received externally by the anti-spam servers and forwarded internally to the Exchange Server. Our anti-spam servers and Exchange Server will all be moved at the same time so for a while we will not be able to receive e-mail. There are a few companies out there that have store and forward SMTP servers that can capture e-mail while o...

Cannot get a list of users from Exchange 5.5
Below is the log showing an attempt to get a list of vailable users from an Exchange server 5.5 SP4 (MAILSERVER) using LDAP. It always comes up empty! Can someone please tell me what might cause the problem? What do I need to setup in Exchange 5.5 to make this work? Thanks Bill 4/12/2004 11:13:45 AM[][Loading current user array...] 4/12/2004 11:13:45 AM[][Loading current available user array...] 4/12/2004 11:13:50 AM[][ADSIDir = LDAP://MAILSERVER] 4/12/2004 11:13:50 AM[][authenticating with username: MYDOMAIN\Administrator] 4/12/2004 11:14:16 AM[][ADsGetObject called ok.] 4/12/2004 11:14:16 ...