Exchange 2003 with KVS Enterprise Vault 6 SP2

Hello

This is my first posting on this site - I find it an invaluable source
of information, I am responsible for the Exchange enviornment in our
Organisiation which is local goverment.

We have two Exchange 2003 servers with the mailstores spread evenly
over the two servers, we have one front end server hosting OWA 2003
and one server hosting KVS EV6 SP2, we have about 1800 live users at
any one time.

The hardware seems to cope no probles with the loading, the problem we
are having is that the vault is growing at an alarming rate, approx
1GB per night, we have no reprting tools to see what is happening in
KVS other than the simple SQL scripts given to us by Symantec.

We have had this running for around 12-15 months now and our vault
partition is already approaching 1TB in size.

Does anyone know of any reporting tools available for KVS and Exhange
combined - bearing in mind that we will soon be looking at upgrading
to Exchange
2007 if it is thought beneficial.

We currently are saving all emails with a retention period of forever
- so the vault is bound to grow - we are trying to get all departments
to agree to a deletion policy but being local goverment - things
happen very slowly.

We have got around our backup problems by splitting the vault up
active partitions, (we use Netbackup)

Any help would be appreaciated - have many users experienced the same
effects.

Transparent shapes in Publisher 2003
Hi, I have a problem that I've posted on the Adobe Acrobat Forum and so far nobody has been able to provide a resolution to my problem. I've created some documents in Publisher 2003 that contain a few transparent shapes which act to highlight text, and also a WordArt title that has a shadow. However when I convert them to PDF to send to a Printing Company, the transparent shapes and the shadow come out as cross-hatch and not a smooth transparency - completely ruining the look of the documents. I'm assuming that this is not something new, so would hope that somone out there ...

Outlook 2003 installed on Exchange 2003 Bridgehead Server
I have recently found that a previous SysAdmin at my work has installed Outlook 2003 on our Exchange 2003 Bridgehead server which is NOT reccomended by Microsoft as we all know. We have the FE/OWA Server & the Bridgehead server located at the DR Site and the main cluster at our primary site. I have found several bits of information on how to make Outlook and Exchange coexist if we really have to but as this is a fairly critical server sending emails for over 1000 users in Asia Pacific I would ideally like to remove it however havent found any relevant information on what process i s...

Proper Security Settings on Exchange Install Folder?
I am trying to nail down the security of our Exchange 2003 servers before we start a mass migration off 5.5. One issue I am dealing with is securing the Exchange install directory, in my case c:\program files\exchsrvr I have a Microsoft Press Book "Secure Messaging with MS Exchange Server 2003" that talks about doing this on page 144, but the details aren't as clear as I would like them. For example, they say to remove the everyone inheritance. I don't have that. (thats not my question - but right away I'm seeing the book completely different from what I have) Th...

slow progress bar loading cloned XP SP2
Hello everyone This issue happened to me some times and I'm curious about it. XP SP2, cloned hard disk. I've tried everything: system seems to start disk driver, but hdd led does not blink. Then, Windows XP stays with the progress bar slower than normal, forever. The only way that I could boot this system again is by a repair install, a very slow and unwanted method. Anyone could please help me? thanks :) begin 666 rolleyes.gif M1TE&.#EA% `4`-4_`*::?+F-#,BG%>[,&>6\%?C;'MNN$-O7RZA]"6U3"?[E M(G9C-8QI"7MH/*J-$J:$#O'/&LZ:&...

Ex 5.5 to 2003 prep: dcdiag NCSecDesc test fails
Getting this from running "dcdiag /s:SUGAR" on planned 2003 box. dcdiag run on SUGAR passes fine. TIA for suggestions. Starting test: NCSecDesc Error NT AUTHORITY\ENTERPRISE DOMAIN CONTROLLERS doesn't have Replicating Directory Changes All access rights for the naming context: CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=zinzibar,DC=com Error BUILTIN\Administrators doesn't have Replicating Directory Changes All access rights for the naming context: CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=zinzibar,DC=com Error ...

share pst file without Exchange?
I have a home network - an old laptop in the kitchen and a new desktop in the office. I want the Outlook files to reside on the desktop since it's backed up and more reliable but would like to use the laptop for sending/receiving email. I'd like to be able to see the same info (sent mail, inbox, calendar) on both computers. Is it possible without using Exchange? I've succesfully connected the laptop to a mailbox.pst file on the desktop but since the inbox is empty I can only assume this isn't where the email is stored. Well, I have been trying to figure this out my...

Outlook 2007 not receiving all exchange emails
I have set up my dad's outlook 2007 to connect to his work exchange server (i think that is a 2000 exchange server). It has been able to download almost 3000 inbox emails, and calendar info, contacts etc but has now stopped getting any more (and hasn't received any more for several months). It says Connected to Microsoft Exchange in the corner and has a progress bar saying Updating Inbox, but nothing more is downloaded. I am using a VPN to his work to connect. Is there a limit on the amount it can download, the outlook0.ost file is 1.50 gb, which seems too exact to just be a coinciden...

Visio 2003 legend, no symbols
My legend says there are no symbols when I drag it, but my drawing has plenty. It worked before, but I don't know what i'm doing wrong Did you try dropping one of the shapes onto the legend? John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm Visio Wishlist http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm "donna" <donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69C7A454-DC27-4483-B064-BF26AFE843A7@microsof...

Outlook 2003
We have a small office of just six users who are all on Office 2003. When the Message settings on a message are set to an Importance of Low or High, the recipient gets the message with a Normal Importance. The same thing is happening with the sensitivity settings. However, when using my personal laptop, these settings work on both sending and receiving, using the same network connection as the machines in the office. Any ideas? ...

Problem importing Contact OE6 to Outlook 2003
I suspect this problem has been posed many times, but I'm a brand new user of Outlook, forced by the impending end of OE6 in the Windowws 7 environment. I'm attemptina a two step process: A. Moving my emails and addresses from OE6 to Outlook 2003 on my current WindowsXP computer. B. Moving the relevant information to Outlook 2003 on my new Windows 7 computer. Right now I'm in step A. On the WinXP computer, I switched my default email program from OE6 to Outlook 2003. I successfully imported the mail messages and folders. But when I go through the procedures (see...

Exchange 2000 to 2007 Migration
Are the steps the same for migrating Exchange 2000 to 2007, as they are migrating to 2003? Are these the steps I would take? : 1. Install new Exchange 2007 Server. 2. Move all user mailboxes to the new Exchange 2007 Server. 3. Create replicas of all public folders. 4. Follow the instructions in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307917 Thanks in advance.... On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 07:05:19 -0400, Mark Greene <notvalid@nowhere.com> wrote: > >Are the steps the same for migrating Exchange 2000 to 2007, as they >are migrating to 2003? > >Are these the steps I would take? : ...

Same Investment in two countires
I have the same ninvestment in two different stockexchanges - BHP on the US and BHP on the Australian stockmarket. But it will nto let me create two separate entries -as they both have the same ticker symbol (despite one being :US, the other :AUS. ) Any clues so it tracks both - without me having to bodge in a sybmol? David le Cheminant dlechem@optusnet.com.au ...

New Exchange 2003 Administrator
Hi, I was hoping I might be able to get a few questions I have answered here. I am relatively new with Exchange, but am now in charge of managing it for a 20-person company. We are running Exchange Server 2003 Standard SP2. Here are my questions: 1) I am pretty sure Exchange 2003 came with an Outlook 2003 CD. Does anyone know more about this? We are currently running Outlook 2000 on our workstations, so how would using the copy of Outlook 2003 that came with Exchange 2003 work? Does Exchange 2003 require each workstation connection to have a license (if so, then I guess we're...

New to exchange #2
Hi, I have decided to start playing with exchange 2003. I have a network in the 192.168.1.0 subnet that has two servers in it both domain controllers and both running win2k server. I want to make some prevision for email to the users on the domain after I have upgraded both servers to 2003. I use a Linux firewall that also provides a DMZ . The DMZ is used to host a small web server and is on the 192.168.2.0 subnet, any request to port 80 is forwarded to the web servers IP address. What would be the best way to start playing with exchange ? Do I need a mail relay in the DMZ that push to t...

Cannot connect outlook 2007 to exchange 2003 through LAN
Hello, I got a new laptop at work with Vista and outlook 2007 and I cannot set it up to connect to my company's exchange 2003 through LAN. I followed the manual set up and entered the exchange server details and my mailbox but I constantly get the message that outlook is not connected and it needs to be connected and.... My previous laptop was running XP na doutlook 2003 and worked fine with the same mailbox settings. Any ideas please? ...

Exchange 2k3
Greetings, What's the easiest way to setup exchange to email the admin when a user's mailbox is either at the warning or prohibit limit? Thanks! FGJ You should be able to create a system policy, then right click your server in ESM, there should be a policy tab or something to that affect that has settings to configure intervals and a setting to have reports sent to an admin. James Chong Frank G wrote: > Greetings, > > What's the easiest way to setup exchange to email the admin when a > user's mailbox is either at the warning or prohibit limit? > > Than...

Exchange Server Administrator 5.5
When I try to start Exchange Adminstrator, it asks me for a server to connect to. I keep getting this: ID no: DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM AND ID no: c10312c8 Help! Is the Exchange Directory service started? Are you doing this from your workstation or from the server itself? -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Kyle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

loosing email (Exchange) Settings in Outlook 2002
I have a number of pcs that are loosing thier email settings. The users can not be doing it do to group policies and control panel being disabled. It works for a while and then one day, nothing. The profile is there, but the exchange server is gone. ...

Outlook over HTTP with SBS 2003
I'm pulling my hair out over this. I have a client with a SBS 2003 server. We have a self-signed certificate on the server and I am able to access e-mail via the address https://customerdomain.dyndnsaddress.com/exchange. I have installed the certificate on my computer and no longer get the certificate warning when I go to either /exchange or /remote. I have followed the instructions to get this working to the letter on both Outlook and the SBS server. When I ran the CEICW, it said it was successful. I have port 443 open hence the access to RWW. Two odd things I noticed when s...

Excel macro #6

moving outlook express to xp, 2003 outlook files
were trying to move outlook express address to a new 2003 outlook on an xp system. The old is a windows 98 system, on a network. And so far have no been able to import the setting or address. Greg you need to set OE up on the new machine then import it - or import it to OL on the old machine - in either case, you need oe and ol configured on the machine. See tomsterdam.com if you need instructions on reconnecting oe files when you move them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)...

cannot approve conference query in outlook 2003
Could somebody help me to solve this problem: I have some Windwos 2000 domain with 30 Clients and an Exchange 2000 server. The Clients are running Outlook 2003. My Problem is that only one of my Users cannot approve the conference query of a special other user on the network. All other conference querys can be approved and timed in the calendar correctly. Also the approval is possible from another client with the same user logged on. The detailed error discription is in german language: "Das Formular zur Anzeige dieser Nachricht kann nicht geladen werden wenden sie sich an ihren Syst...

Exchange Permissions for Support Professionals
Hi, I am in the middle of Exchange migration phase. Here is the scenarion: Exchange 5.5, on Windows 2000 sp4 server--Child Domain--AD (2000) Domain in Native mode. New Exchange 2003 server, on Windows 2003 server--Parent Domain --AD in Native mode.Almost all users are in the Parent Domain. Support staff has following permissions. Account operators in Parent Domain. Local machine admin on their respective machines. I delegated control to the support staff at Administrative group level for View only Exchange admin. In a combined tool ( where Exchange system manager as well as ADUC is in...

Outlook 2003 #237
When I receive an email from on specific person I get the following message "Your current security settings prohibit running activex controls on this page." Where do I fix this?? I have looked everywhere. Thanks. ...

Exchange logs
In the message log files, almost in all cases, the sender IP or HOSTNAME is blank, do you know whay or how can i fix it? Thnak you. Which log? Location? Exchange Version? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Derek" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5f0101c3e5ba$5509cfd0$a401280a@...