Exchange 2003 with KVS Enterprise Vault 6 SP2

Hello

This is my first posting on this site - I find it an invaluable source
of information, I am responsible for the Exchange enviornment in our
Organisiation which is local goverment.

We have two Exchange 2003 servers with the mailstores spread evenly
over the two servers, we have one front end server hosting OWA 2003
and one server hosting KVS EV6 SP2, we have about 1800 live users at
any one time.

The hardware seems to cope no probles with the loading, the problem we
are having is that the vault is growing at an alarming rate, approx
1GB per night, we have no reprting tools to see what is happening in
KVS other than the simple SQL scripts given to us by Symantec.

We have had this running for around 12-15 months now and our vault
partition is already approaching 1TB in size.

Does anyone know of any reporting tools available for KVS and Exhange
combined - bearing in mind that we will soon be looking at upgrading
to Exchange
2007 if it is thought beneficial.

We currently are saving all emails with a retention period of forever
- so the vault is bound to grow - we are trying to get all departments
to agree to a deletion policy but being local goverment - things
happen very slowly.

We have got around our backup problems by splitting the vault up
active partitions, (we use Netbackup)

Any help would be appreaciated - have many users experienced the same
effects.

Ex 2003 SP1 is released
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2003/sp1.asp Anyone tried this yet... any negatives experiences to tell people before installing on their business critical servers? I have installed it a few times, I would recommend you read the release notes, especially if you use OMA -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Adam" <dontuse@email.com> wrote in message news:Xns94FB83A4789E7aacom@194.152.65.250... > http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2003/sp1.asp > > Anyone tried this yet... any negatives experience...

Smart List #6
Why in the name of heaven is the navigation pane on the left side of the Smart List a fixed size? Absolutely every Microsoft package allows for the viewing pane on the left side of the screen to be adjusted to the CUSTOMER'S desired size. But not on the Smart List. Was the programmer that determined to be unique so it was decided that functionality would be thrown out the window...(so to speak). Why not allow customers the choice on the viewing width on the Smart List? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the mos...

Exchange 2003/ 12 Architecture and Functionality Questions
1. Can we configure intelligent message filter in Exchange 2003/ Ex12 to also act on outgoing mails? Our customer would also like to make sure no unsolicited mails originate from their organization. 2. Does the facility to configure the users’ voice messages (which automatically answer other people’s calls) fall under the PABX, or will it have to be done in Exchange 12? 3. Is it possible for two organizations to make use two Exchange 12 Edge servers, while having Exchange Mail Box servers so they can take advantage of the native encryption and signing of mails to and from the two...

outlook 2003 send sometimes skips recipients
I am supporting IT at my company. We have seen a problem with employees running outlook 2003 with exchange 2003. When employees send email to a distribution group with say numerous members bet 3 and 20 recipients all on our email server sometimes the email does not go through to all recipients. This happens when sending/forwarding email or new calendar invites. All our Outlook clients and exchange server are running the latest service packs. Has anyone seen this problem? ...

How do I edit the raw HTML of an email in Outlook 2003?
Hi How do I edit the raw HTML of an email in Outlook 2003? I tried right-clicking and then view source, and saving but it didnt change the email. thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe ship <shiphen@gmail.com> wrote: > How do I edit the raw HTML of an email in Outlook 2003? I've never seen any way to do that, but perhaps something here will help: http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/html.htm -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] I use Frontpage 2003 to edit the HTML source of Outlook messages; at the end I copy and paste the Frontpage preview into the Outlook editor. ship wrote: > Hi...

OE 6.0 and XP home SP2
Daughter's OE is not working and instructions say re-install. Unable to delete the failed OE because it does not show up in add/remove program. Can I download OE without removing the remnants of the failed OE? Thank you, Seamus J. Wilson Seamus J. Wilson wrote: > Daughter's OE is not working and instructions say re-install. > Unable to delete the failed OE because it does not show up in > add/remove program. > Can I download OE without removing the remnants of the failed OE? Outlook Express is actually discussed in microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general. You'll...

Exchange server chages email addresse
I have a couple of users and when they send an email to another user exchange for some reason changes the email addresse when sending or when composing it changes the email addresse. We are using Outlook 2003. It seems like exchange is controlling the email addresse . Has anyone else had this problem ? It is like i put in the TO: field in Outlook Thomas.Smith57@atc.army.mil. But when i input a message in the message text in outlook or click send it changes my addresse to Thomas.Smith57@us.army.mil. You don't say whether the "new" address is correct or not. Have you chec...

Is 2003 and open relay by default?
I have recently sent up an exchange 2003 server in our company. It was a fresh install on a 2003 server which is also a fresh install. Is 2003 Exchange an open relay by default? If so, how can I close it? no. by default it is closed to relaying "eotrue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d5b01c3d949$36fe2090$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have recently sent up an exchange 2003 server in our > company. It was a fresh install on a 2003 server which is > also a fresh install. > > Is 2003 Exchange an open relay by default? If so, how can &g...

Help with VBasic in Excel 2003
I'm using Excel 2003. I am working in a master worksheet named "SHPG RCVG RPT" which is on my desktop. After I enter all of the information and create my hyperlinks, I need to protect the worksheet and then save it to a different folder. The new name of the worksheet is determined by the purchase order # which is in cell D3. I need a macro which will: Protect the worksheet --> Name the worksheet using the purchase order # in D3 -->Save the worksheet in: F:\SHIPPING RECEIVING REPORT. I can't do this using the macro recorder because it won't let me click on the ...

Auto Accept not working Outlook 2003
Hi, I hope someone can help me with this problem. We are using Exchange with some resource mailboxes and sharing their calendars. For every meeting room we have created a resource mailbox. We would like the room to accept every metting request. But for some reason it is not working. It just doesnt accept anything. In Outlook i went to Tools | Options | Calendar Options | Resource Scheduling and checked the box Automatically accept...... Then i closed Outlook and logged of the user. I waited for 15 minutes, but it just doesnt work. I tried it with outlook 2003 and outlook 2007. We are runn...

2003 code raises error in 2007
I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in Access 2003. In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid reference to the property Form/Report." This is the snippet of code: Private Sub SetFormProperties() 'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was selected Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control Dim frm As Form If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then Set frm = Me 'set main form edit options EditProperties frm 'set subform edit options For Each ctrl In frm If ct...

Exchange Server slowness
We use MS Exchange 2002 server for email and use the program Outlook 2003. Lately it has been extremely slow and a message pops up stating it is retrieving file from MS Exchange Server. Any suggestions? If the message appears on your workstation it may not be a server related issue. The issue maybe related to the amount of traffic on the network. To know if the server is slow more information such as disk, memory and cpu utilization needs to be known. Also check if there are any relevant messages in the event logs of your worksatation and server. "Carlos Pisquem" <ccccpi...

Outlook 2003-Failing remember name when typing into the To: field
I just got Outlook 2002 and I was informed that when you send a message and typing in the To: field that if you have emailed someone before it would remember the name. For example: If I send an email to Shawn Hedrick the next time I send one I would only have to type maybe the first few letter and then it would prefill the rest. Does anyone know about this or how to set this up? tools, options, email options, advanced options - is suggest names checked? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStar...

Can Import Email Data Filed from Office XP to Office 2003
My HD failed but I had a backup of my Office XP Pro personal file folder with a lot of emails I needed. The file is about 128MB in size. I put a new HD in and installed Office 2003 Pro. When I go to open the old file Outlook 2003 says that the file "is not a personal folders file". (It was backed up to a CD ROM prior to the crash so the source file should be good.) I really don't want to uninstall Office 2003 and put back Office XP. Any idea why 2003 won't open the file and how to work around that? Many thanks in advance to anyone who knows the solution. Alan. The only pro...

Upgrade to exchange enterprise #2
Hello I have just moved to exchange enterprise from exchange standard(with the mailbox move method). Everything has gone well but i'm noticing that i'm still getting event 1221 messages stating that there is x amount of space in the public and private message stores. Just wondering if i should still be getting these messages. I'm aware though that exchange space is white space based and that when you exceed the amount of white space the database will grow again. But just wondering if i should still be getting those 1221's. Thanks On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:17:03 -070...

E-mail delay on Exchange
I'm not sure if the issue is with exchange or outlook but when I send an e-mail from a workstation through exchange to another in the same office it takes about 15 -30 seconds to appear in the other mailbox. Any guesses - I running Office 2003 on Windows XP SP1 through Exchange 2003 enterprise on Windows 2003. The clients are in the same exchange server in the same database. Thank you This is because you are running Cached Exchange mode. Cached Exchange mode polls the Exchange server on an interval basis to check it for new e-mail. While it's true that you get this type of dela...

Colors in Excel 2003
Hi Excel 2003: Is there a possibility, to use any RGB-color (f.e. for the background of a cell)? I have specified a color in Excel 2007 and then opened and saved the document in Excel 2003. After that, the color wasen't equal to the original specification ... it had changed to a 2003 stan- dard color. So I have the misgiving, that the free RGB-definition isn't possible in Excel 2003. Am I right? Can somebody help me? Many thanks for any help. Best Regards George Colors in 2003 are limited to 56. However you can tailor the 56 to meet your needs. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/...

Sharing Folders in WinCE 6.0
Dear All, I need to share a folder inside the WinCE 6.0 device. So that I can copy files from Windows PC to WinCE device as we normally do in Windows PC. I would like to know any documents or links available to get this information. Any Catalog items and registry settings needs to be done while building WinCE image. Wince supports the following options to sharing the data between the PC and your device. 1) you can use ActiveSync.(SYSGEN_AS_BASE,SYSGEN_AS_FILE). ActiveSync uses serial port or USB serial client to communitate with the device. 2) you can Mass Storage cl...

Services Exchange Server
When using the Microsoft Exchange Server service how do you get Outlook 2000 to recognize the service over a broadband, VPN connection? Outlook should be using your default network connection - if you've established a VPN connection and can ping the Exchange server by name, you should just be able to open Outlook. SWT wrote: > When using the Microsoft Exchange Server service how do > you get Outlook 2000 to recognize the service over a > broadband, VPN connection? ...

Outook 2003 Email Sent Time Indicated 1 hour behind PC time
I am using Windows XP Pro with MS Office 2003. When I send email the sent time logged on the mail is 1 hour behind the actual time I sent the email?? Any ideas??? You computer time, time zone or daylight savings time settings are not correct. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list...

Using Outlook/Exchange Server as a central dispatch manager?
I'll try to be detailed, but brief. Running Exchange 2K with mixed Outlook clients throughout office. We're a service company and we have a mailbox called "dispatch". When a service call comes in, we create a new task in the Dispatch mailbox, add the detail and then "assign" it to someone. They accept and update until the call is complete (every time a change is made it synchs with dispatch's task). When the call is complete/closed, the task in central dispatch is closed and then processed We want to enhance some of this -- are there any features in Exchan...

Replicating SQL dB with Exchange
How kan i, Replicating e-mail addresses, fax numbers and Distribution Groups from sql database to Ms Exchange 2003? Kind regards "HY" <HY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Replicating e-mail addresses, fax numbers and >Distribution Groups from sql database to Ms Exchange 2003? Export the information from SQL in LDIF format (or into some other format and then convert it to LDIF), then import into the Active Directory using LDIFDE.exe. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this add...

Adding second domain to Exchange server
I have Exchange 5.5SP4 on NT4.0 server SP6a. I have it set up for my company everything works fine... My question is is it possible to add a second company to single exchange server? For example messages sent to domainname1.com will go to the proper people and domainname2.com will go to the proper people. 2 domains running on the same server routing mail to the proper domain. Is this possible? If so can someone point me in the right direction to find the info I need to complete this? THank You This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C45F45.3F0FD1C0 Conte...

Outlook 2003 Not shutting down on XPSP2
I've had a weird problem as of late and I can NOT figure out what is causing it. Just a few weeks ago Outlook 2003 started showing shutting down problems. That is when I simply close the application the Outlook icon in the taskbar area (beside the clock) won't go away. I go into TaskManager and it still shows Outlook 2003 running with 30mb of ram being used. Well at the time I chalked it upto horrible system configuration since I hadn't reformatted in a year. So I reformatted, put all of my usual software back on and I'm still getting the EXACT SAME problem. Curren...

Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 Review
Scroll down this page for the review: http://www.activewin.com/awin/default.asp Here is a direct link for when the review has left the main page: http://www.activewin.com/reviews/software/apps/ms/pub2k3/index.shtml -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. To much popup spam and viruses at that website. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from ���MS�Publisher��� <donotknock@nobodyhome.com>... &g...