Exchange 2003 & Windows Media Server co-existence?

Hi all,

Has anyone out there had experience running Exchange 2003 and Windows
Media Server on the same Windows 2003 Enterprise server?

It seems the 2003 version of Windows Media Server requires Enterprise
edition of Windows for what we use it for, and we currently only run
one server with Enterprise.  If possible it would be nice to simply
install Media Services on the Exchange box (since it has plenty of
available resources), but I don't want to compromise the reliability of
my Exchange server either.  Anybody know of any issues this can cause,
or have you done this and seen it work fine?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Aaron

Nobody has tried this??  Am I looking to be a pioneer on this?
Thanks,
Aaron

On Dec 27 2006, 8:20 am, "Aaron Butler" <aarontbut...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone out there had experience running Exchange 2003 and Windows
> Media Server on the same Windows 2003 Enterprise server?
>
> It seems the 2003 version of Windows Media Server requires Enterprise
> edition of Windows for what we use it for, and we currently only run
> one server with Enterprise.  If possible it would be nice to simply
> install Media Services on the Exchange box (since it has plenty of
> available resources), but I don't want to compromise the reliability of
> my Exchange server either.  Anybody know of any issues this can cause,
> or have you done this and seen it work fine?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help,
> Aaron

Routing Question: 2 IMC's One Exchange Org
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5AFAC.82F8B420 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Good morning all, I hope someone has a few minutes to enlighten me on = the finer detailes of Exchange 5.5 mail routing. I believe my questions = are rather basic, please share your knowledge if you have time! Scenerio: a.. Three Exchange 5.5 SP4 Mail servers in three physically different = location. b.. Location (A) has an IMC c.. Location (B) does NOT have an IMC d.. Location (C) has an IMC ...

Muiltiple Server 2008 Connections
I am trying to rename a workstation that is attached to a Server 2008 Domain. When i try this i get the following message: "Multiple Connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again" Can anyone tell me how to get round this please? Thanks in advance. Try from a command prompt; net use * /delete -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft...

Outlook 2003
Hi Folks - I received an email from another Outlook user that was sent to 12 other people. Outlook displays their name, but not their email address. If I do Reply to All, then I can see the email address, but if I copy and paste to Excel, only the name is pasted. Is there a way to extract JUST the email address in this situation? Thanks. Michael You need to get it from the header. http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/create/dl.asp - steps 1 -9 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com ...

Insert a new Worksheet AFTER the existing (Active) sheet
I want to insert (or add) a new Worksheet to my existing Workbook, but I want it to appear AFTER my existing (Active) Worksheet. The default places it BEFORE my current sheet. This places Sheet2 before Sheet 1. I'd like the new sheet (Sheet2) to be added AFTER Sheet1. Is this possible? This should give you a few ideas: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/288402 -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "Ronnie" wrote: > I want to insert (or add) a new Worksheet to my existing Workbo...

Migrating from 5.5 to 2003
Hi, I've NT 4.0 SP6a with Exch 5.5 SP4a in a NT domain. I setup a Windows 2003 AD as the PDC. Now I plan to migrate Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. I would like to install Exchange 2003 on the Windows 2003 DC. I also like to preserve all settings (e.g., mailbox, global address book, public folders). Should I setup the Exchange 2003 to be in the same site, migrate users over then cut 5.5? May I ask what's best way to go about this? Regards, Norman If you need to preserve all settings and permissions do the migration (join site). If your organization is small and you wish to st...

Problems with Address Book- Contacts list in Outlook 2003
I upgraded my Office 2000 to Office 2003 and am having problems getting my previous E-mail list to work in Outlook 20003. Previously I used Address Book but this time going on the advice in Office I thought that the contacts would be a better choice but the Address book does not sort by family name need to change each one individually and when I try to use Contacts it does not come up when I try the "To" option. Neither the Address Book nor the contacts tab has any names although the contacts folder does have the full list of names. TIA Peter S. LPS-AU <lps_softw@westne...

Outlook 2003 and ACT!
I use ACT as a contact database but prefer to use Outlook 2003 for email. Until recently when I sent an email to a contact from the ACT database it registered that email in ACT. Now it doesn't do that. I've added the ACT address book to Outlook and can access these email addresses but it still doesn't tell ACT that an email was sent to that contact. I've uninstalled and reinstalled ACT hoping that Outlook would see it but it still doesn't work. Please advise. ...

in office 2007 we cannto logon exchange mail box
i installed office 2007 then arrnage mail account , when i configure exchange box officce said that message.0x80040011d when i see in network connection gatway not avaliable because dhcp automaticly share when i configure manullay no problem. how can solve thanx Twety <ak@yahoo.com> wrote: > i installed office 2007 then arrnage mail account , when i > configure exchange box officce said that message.0x80040011d Is your mailbox store mounted? Can you open this mailbox in OWA? > > when i see in network connection gatway not avaliable because dhcp > aut...

the specified microsoft crm server is not responding 04-22-04
I completed the installation of CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server with SQL 2000 SP3. When I attept to start CRM workflow server - localhost - I get the following error: The specified Microsoft CRM Server is not responding... All services are started and I did not have any errors during the installation process. Has anyone seen this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers, Scott Hi Scott: Try typing the server name instead of localhost...for example, my CRM server is named Crmserver1, so from a browser I type http://crmserver1 and I type the same name for workflow manager... Joh...

SBS 2003/2008 Backup options
Hi Guys We deal purely with SBS servers, I've only got experience with 2003 and we use Acronis to create daily backup images to USB HD's, I enable the VSS option however I'm still not 100% I've got a proper exchange backup as its not an "exchange aware" backup where you select mailboxes. My question is, if worse comes to worse I had to restore e-mail can this be done from the MDB and LDB files i'm backing up with Acronis?, also how easy would it be to restore a individual mailboxes. I have restored a whole server to different hardware using Acronis...

Possible to have secure connection with Windows Live server?
Is it possible to have a secure connection with the Windows Live server when syncing email? I see that the URL for the server is: "http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/sync.aspx". Since this is a standard http address doesn't that mean that the message content can potentially be viewed/intercepted? I also see when using the Live website that after the original login with SSL the page is no longer secure when reading mail. Isn't this also insecure? Thanks. One of the new features being touted for the next version of Hotmail is "Full Session S...

Office 2003 & Windows 7
I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 and all went reasonably smoothly. I reinstalled Office 2003 from my original install discs that came with the computer. They activated fine. But now whenever I start an Office 2003 program - Word, Outlook, Excel etc. - I am constantly prompted to accept the EULA. Surely once should be enough. How do I stop these prompts? Google is your friend: "You must accept the Office End User License Agreement every time that = you start an Office program" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202 Daddy "Alan Canada" <Alan Can...

SERVER ASR
From: "Johnson Ferrao" <jferrao@hotmail.com> Subject: Server ASR Date: Thursday, March 22, 2007 1:41 PM Hello, Would any of you know... if its possible to do a automatic Server Recovery of just one partition of a Hard drive, if this is not possible then all drives of a system. I ask this , because if I install a application on a different partition and th e system files are on a say drive C, how do I do a ASR of both the drives. sorry if its the wrong news group, I would appreciate if some one let me know the proper group. thank you Johnson ...

HTML text in Publisher 2003
I can not fin any Insert HTML code fragment in the toolbars. The version of Publisher is 2003, SP2, (11.6565.8028). Thanks Copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Rndhse" <Rndhse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E69CFE0E-40DC-494F-8614-6C8C726780FE@microsoft.com... >I can not fin any Insert HTML code fragment in the toolbars. The version >of > Publisher is 2003, SP2, (11.6565.8028). > Thanks JoAnn - thanks! "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote: > Copy and paste. > > -- > > JoAnn Paules > MVP ...

Moving mailboxes in Exchange 2000 server
Is there a way to move multiple mailboxes in Exchange 2000, instead of using Users and Computers? Thanks Via a script.... or Exchange 2003 allows you to move mailboxes via ESM. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "jazzy" <jazzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E005696-173A-482A-839D-45D02408DBC6@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to move multiple mailboxes in Exchange 2000, instead of using > Users and Computers? > > Thanks You can move multiple users from ADUC ... just sel...

Disappearing SMTP address exchange 2003 after diaster recovery
Hi Mixed Exchange 2003 SP1 / Exchange 5.5 Windows 2003 no SP ADC running Can anyone help. I have had sources files become corrupt on exchange 2003. I reinstalled exchange 2003 using diasterrecovery switch. Then reinstalled all hotfixes/SP1 using diaster recovery switch. The task had been a success, with the all the stores working. Users could open their mailboxes, view data etc. The only problem is users mailboxes on that server had all there x400/SMTP address's removed. This only effected users were the mailboxes located on the server that had disaster recovery. can anyone help. I ha...

Outlook 2003 Close Data File
I had been using a third party program (Jeyo Mobile Extender for Outlook). I have uninstalled the program, but the folder credated by the install program remains. It represents a data file that is no longer there. When trying to close the data file I get the message that "Operation failed. Object cannot be found." Any suggestions as to how to remove the folder from my folder list in Outlook. Can you delete it using the Data File Management option? How about = under Control Panel->Mail Icon->Accounts->View or Change? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all r...

help
I'm using Excel 2003. I've got two worksheets of data in my workbook, one copied from a text file, the other downloaded from the Bureau of the Census, originally in .csv format and saved as an .xls file. I'm using vlookup to use the state name in one sheet to lookup the data value I want from the other worksheet. Vlookup returns the value of the last cell in the table rather than the value that should be returned. I've done some simple testing on the lookup value relative to that in the table array. Both entries are the same length. Both are text (istext). Mat...

add an extra NIC in SBS 2003?
Hi, I recently added 2 extra NIC's to my 2003 SBS server, and now the RAS portion of the server doesnt work. It looks like it created some 169.254 addresses in the IP routing which is screwing it up. These NICs are for an iSCSI connection to a SAN, so I don't want them to have anything to do with the LAN or VPN, etc. I just read that adding extra NICs to a DC is not a good idea. Can any SBS experts tell me if these NIC's can co-exist with my SBS and if so what I need to do to get things working again? Thanks! dont everybody respond at once! jk, i figured it out. ...

MS publisher 2003 take 8 to 16 seconds in copy/past & Save event?
We are Newspaper Publishing press, and use Publisher 2003 for Unicode sindhi (arabic/R to L)... MS publisher 2003 take 8 to 16 seconds in copy/past & Save event? can any body help us in this case, why it is because of and what is its posible solution Regards, digitalsindh@yahoo.com ...

Exchange Server Becomes Default Account
I have searched for this on Microsoft's site to no avail. We don't even use Exchange Server 2003, but it is listed as an account in my Outlook properties (we may use it eventually). Somehow, my ES2003 keeps making itself my default account. When I send an email, I don't get a bounce message, but neither does the email go through. I have to go back to my Sent Mail, hit "reply all" to check to see which account the email went out under, and resend if it went out under ES2003. This happens sporadically. I can't figure out any rhyme or reason why it happens. Can...

Cannot connect to Server
After keying my password in outlook 2000, immediately error popup, indicating cannot locate server. But if I startup the system using "Safe mode with networking", I have not problems at all. Seem like this is cause by some security patches or update from Microsoft (having the same problems with IE6.0 - cannot access internet). Try to uninstall all security patch, still don't work. Any idea ??? Thanks ...

Vista homework question
While you are installing an Internet Web server on a client's network, the owner of the company tells you that he also wants to build a Web server for internal use by the company's employees. This intranet Web server will not contain confidential info, but it should not be accessible from the company's Internet Website. To do this, you create a second site on the Web server. The internet site uses port 80 and the intranet site uses port 283. Assuming that the Web server's IP address on the internal network is 10.54.3.145, what should the users on the company netwo...

Windows Server 2008 Configuration
We are setting up a network that currently uses WindowsNT Server (yes, you read that correctly). We are going to use Windows 2008 R2 Standard. This network only has 6 clients. Should we use the router as the DHCP server or should we use the Server for both DNS and DHCP? The clients are XP Pro and WIndows7 Thanks Use Windows for DHCP and DNS. hth DDS "PorBar" <compsosinc@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c583023f-c48e-4aeb-8b02-2c3d037fa1c3@h9g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > We are setting up a network that currently uses WindowsNT Server (yes, > you r...

Pub 97 to Pub 2003
I am wanting to upgrade my Pub 98 to work with a friend who uses Pub 2000. If I get the current Pub 2003, can she save as to 2003 and email to me or will she have to upgrade to 2003? Forgive me for phrasing it this way but how would Publisher 2000 be able to save as a file for a version of the program that wasn't developed yet? You can open her 2000 files. You can save as Pub 2000 for her to be able to open it. Warning: Any time you do a save as an older version, you risk losing something in the translation. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "cj" <cj@dis...