exchange 2003 - using vpn

I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in
the network where it resides.  The issue is that I have 5
other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they
can not connect.

Do I need to change settings at their locations?  DNS??
WINNS???

0
anonymous (74722)

It depends on type of client, but generally proper DNS setup is
required. Also make sure that no firewalls interfere.

laker18 wrote:

> I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in
> the network where it resides.  The issue is that I have 5
> other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they
> can not connect.
>
> Do I need to change settings at their locations?  DNS??
> WINNS???

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
4/14/2004 4:18:56 PM
Proper DNS ... would that mean changing the dns settings
at the off site locations, too the dns settings of the
mail server?  Does WINNS need to be running?

0
anonymous (74722)
4/14/2004 4:36:42 PM
Please see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155048
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;162991
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;163576

laker18 wrote:

> Proper DNS ... would that mean changing the dns settings
> at the off site locations, too the dns settings of the
> mail server?  Does WINNS need to be running?

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

Is it possible to remotely administer Outlook 2003 Address Books?
Is it possible to remotely administer Outlook Address Books via reg key or group policy? I need to remove several Public Folder Address books from showing up in users Outlook Address book and the only way I know how is to go around 300 workstations and do this manually. you could remove their permissions from the Public folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ ...

Exchange 2003
Dear MS, Could you please add the ability to create a default company signature via Exchagne 2003 that would pull a users information from AD and populate the signature directly? We would like to streamline what our employees signatures look like and control it from one place. If this is already possible, please post back with instructions. Best Regards, Mike ISO Group On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:44:02 -0700, ISO Mike <ISOMike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear MS, > >Could you please add the ability to create a default company signature via >Exchagne 2003 that wou...

PUBLISHER 2003 #66
Q: With PUBLISHER 2003, is there a file size limitation? Publisher 2000 hypothetically could handle 2GB. The file size of OLE objects does not count in this total. If you link or embed objects to your publication, that publication could theoretically have a file size that is greater than 2 GB. Newer versions of Publisher can handle larger sizes because of the use of compression. Are you having difficulty? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Clutch" <Clutch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C151BF8-20B6-4456-B6F3-7B156372A2CC@microsoft.com... > Q: W...

X.400 address in recipient policy on Exchange 2003
I have added a new Exchange 2003 server to my organization. I moved my recipient update services to this new server from the existing Exchange 2000 server. Since then, new accounts have not been stamped with an X.400 address. There is an X.400 address listed in the recipient policy, but it shows as unchecked. When I check it, I get a message about not being able to disable the primary X.400 address, but when I click Ok, and then reopen the recpient policy, the checkbox for the X.400 address is once again empty. Is an X.400 address necessary for an Exchange 200x organization in native mode? ...

mail queues growing in the Local Delivery Queue on Exchange 2003 sp2
Hi there, If anyone can help me, it would be so good. I have problems with the queues being slowly processed in the local delivery queue very slowly. I have disabled groupshield and AV on access scanning, but the queues are still growing. Anyone seen this issue before? Thank you in advance Brian Hi Brian, Are you anti-virus software scanning the file system where the databases and log files for exchange are? You said that you have disabled the Anti-virus but have you restarted the box where exchange is running? "bodri" wrote: > Hi there, > If anyone can help me, it wo...

Internal processing error ocurred_restart Exchange System manager,Exchange SysR
Internal processing error ocurred_restart Exchange System manager,ExchangeInformationStore Service OR Both. I cant't get it to start lox disk space on that partition... ...

Outlook 2003 Rules #7
I want to create a rule that sends a message a mobile device when certain criteria are met. The only thing close is to forward the message. I do not want to do this. Any ideas? Find an add-in to do this for your. There are several references available at slipstick.com or you can google for an add-in. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, NW asked: | ...

Exchange Queues #3
I have one Exchange 2003 sp2 server running. I got a call from a user saying they sent an email earlier but had not gotten a reply. They then when to their external personal email account and sent themselves an email to their work account but had not received it. I then went to the exchange queues and saw that they were just building up,,, nothing was processing out from them just emails going in. 1- went to event viewer on exchange for system and noticed several Warnings for SMTPSVC stating "SMTP could not connect to the DNS server XXXXXX. The protocol used was UDP. It may ...

use picture as a button
is it possible to have a picture as a button to take the user to another page? (using a macro)? You could even assign it a hyperlink! ash wrote: > > is it possible to have a picture as a button to take the > user to another page? (using a macro)? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Hello Ash This won't turn your picture into a button, someone with more experience can help you with that but below is what I generated with the macro recoreder. HTH Mark (InWales) Sub Picture_Press() ' Picture_Press Macro recorded 14/09/04 'unprotect worksheet it doesn't appear to wo...

XPathNavigator not working when schema used
PLEASE HELP! I'm writing a function to populate DropDownLists from and xml file. I am having a problem getting my XPathNavigator to select any nodes when I attach a schema to my xml document. Xml Doc: Dropdown.xml XML Schema: Dropdown.xsd Here is my XML Document... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <DropDownLists xmlns="http://tempuri.org/DropDown.xsd"> <DropDownList name="DataSource"> <Option name="SqlServer" value="SqlServer" /> <Option name="Oracle" value="Oracle" /&...

Money 2007
Howdy, I have 2 PCs with Money 2007 on them. Can I store the main MNY file on a network share and then access it from both PCs (not at the same time obviously)? Just not sure if everything is stored in that one file or if I'd run into any problems doing it that way. Anyone know for sure? In microsoft.public.money, Mr B wrote: > > >I have 2 PCs with Money 2007 on them. Can I store the main MNY file on a >network share and then access it from both PCs (not at the same time >obviously)? Just not sure if everything is stored in that one file or if I...

Using an update query to update amount in stock automatically
I have created a database to keep a track of orders. In the stock table I have a field called amount in stock. In order table I have a field called order quantity. I have created an update query to update amount in stock to [amount in stock]-[order quantity]. I wish to create a macro to run the update query on my order form once the sale is confirmed. My problem is that I want to just update the single record on the order form, and not all items of stock from all existing orders. I know I can add a parameter criteria to my update query (i.e. enter order number) so that only stock relating ...

Must Enter domain name on OWA 2003 Front End?
I noticed two things happen if you do *not* use your domain name when you log onto the OWA 2003 Front End server: 1. When you use the Logout button you get a prompt for your username and password again 2. When you try to open a link within an email message you are prompted for your username and password, and then you must use your domain\username or else the link will never open. Q. Is this because our Internet Mail domain name and our AD domain name are different? I thought the instructions from Microsoft said you could set a default domain, but the options were only for my email domain...

Consolidating Exchange servers
We currently have 4 exchange servers, each with ONE (1) information store per server. The size of the stores are 104GB, 134GB, 187GB and 173GB I have upgraded to two new servers and plan on migrating the mailboxes from the four server to just the two new servers. Here is my question. I have decided to create 4 informations store per server, one storage group per server. I would then move the mailboxes and spread them over the eight new stores. My thought would be to have better organization of mailboxes and smaller stores to manage. Am I doing the right thing, is there a rule of thum...

Re-locating Exchange Rate Setup Menu
I think Exchange Rates setup and Inter company setup belong under Financial setups/cards. We are having an issue with SOX auditors as we have to provide system password to functional user to perform this funtion. We believe that these functions are more aprropriate for financial users and not IT or system admin users. In 7.5 if you have system password you can temporarily give yourself access to Advance security or any other window where you should not be going. This allows you to the security of any user etc. Which I think is not right. We are having hard time to expalin to SOX audit...

Error connecting to SMTP Exchange 2003
HI All, Recently I received this error when I connect Outlook express to the Exchange server 2003. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'V_E_R@tcl.com.ph', Server: 'MAILSERVER', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F I received this error when I checked if my server is an open relay. I look into KB and found there to secure my relay with System Manager > Server > Protocols > STMP > Deafault SMTP V...

Moving owa and decomissioning Exchange server
I have two questions. My environment: I have had a Windows 2000 server running Exchange 2000 in a single domain for some time now. Recently, I purchased a new server to replace the existing Exchange box. I installed Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 on the new server. The Exchange server is in the same structure as the existing 2000 server and they are running side by side right now. Question 1: How do I move the OWA service from the old server to the new. I never used it on the 2000 server, but if I go to http://newserver/exchange it redirects me to the existing 2000 server. Questi...

Exchange 5.5 log viewer?
Is there a better log file viewer for exchange 5.5 logs other than notepad? I'm trying to view the logs and they are garbled. I know that it is not being decoded properly with notepad. What logs are you talking about, if your talking about Message Tracking logs, then use the Message Tracking feature via Exchange Administrator. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Jason Gallas" <nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote in message news:d96of01h3rjrg2df34bubj1utmb8vrva6r@4ax.com... > Is there a better log file viewer for exchan...

how to use excel to do random sampling
I have a data set of 30 numbers. I need to use excel to draw 50 random samples of size 5 and then compute the mean for each sample. How do I do this? if your sample is between a1:a30 and your sample between 0 & 1. in B1 type =Rand(a1) and copy and paste the formula to B30. if your numbers are larger than 1 then use =Rand(a1)*100. Rand() gives you random sample. Nikki "stats" wrote: > I have a data set of 30 numbers. I need to use excel to draw 50 random > samples of size 5 and then compute the mean for each sample. How do I do > this? With, or without, ...

Exchange 2000 FE / Exchange 2003 BE
Is it possible to use an Exchange 2000 Server on the front end and an Exchange 2003 Server on the back end? We just upgraded from exchange 2000 to 2003 and I am having trouble getting approval to purchase another copy of Exchange 2003 for our front end server. Since we already have a license for Exchange 2000, it would be ideal if we could use it as the front end server. On 11 Apr 2007 10:46:05 -0700, chrisashcraft@gmail.com wrote: >Is it possible to use an Exchange 2000 Server on the front end and an >Exchange 2003 Server on the back end? We just upgraded from exchange >2000 to 20...

using linear / non linear graphs to extract results
Hi, A frequent function of my job is to analyse data on graphs/charts to extract data for engineering data , i.e power / temperature/flowrates etc etc Is the a microsoft based programe i.e. Excel/Access that is capable of understanding data on a scaled X-Y axis that if an X value was entered in a cell, the programme would extract a corresponding Y value from a line on a graph ? If anyone has any woring examples of such a thing, I'd appreciate a link Thx Hi, If there is a linear relationship between X and Y use the function FORECAST It a power series is needed use LINEST - see examp...

Create an XLIFF editor using C# and .Net 3.5 technologies.
can any one please tell me how to do this one even any example or links to do will be appreciated Create an XLIFF editor using C# and .Net 3.5 technologies. Requirements: The tool should be able to perform the following: * Open an existing XLIFF file * Save the modified XLIFF file * Display the Id (read only) * Display the un-translated text (read only) * Display and edit the translated text (read/write) o Changing the text should automatically change the state to translated * Display and edit the translation state as a Boolean (is translate...

Create calndr.w / Pub. 2003. Am Prompted to install feature..I get error 2211 ->
When I try to create a Calender with Publisher 2003 it Prompts me saying: "Publisher cannot run this wizard.This feature is not currently installed.Would you like to install it now?" I click "Yes" and I receive Error: " ERROR 2211. An Internal error has occurred. "Registry" " Any Help on this would be greatly appreciated....As it is driving me nuts!!! :) Thank's in Advance.... Nate. L -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Try this Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. Double-click Add/Remove Programs. In the ...

Problem using CPropertySheet over CFormView
Hi! I have three views in an MFC SDI application, split using CSplitterWnd. And in one of the views we have some edit controls and gird controls. In the same view, on selection of a menuitem, I create a modeless CPropertySheet with two pages and place it over the edit controls. Now on clicking the property sheet, I am getting the overlapped display of editcontrols in the view. How can I avoid this. Please help. Thanking you in anticipation. Best Regards! Babu PSM Babu wrote: > Hi! > > I have three views in an MFC SDI application, split using > CSplitterWnd. > And in one ...

Exchange 2003 OMA
Hello ! I have an Exchange 2003 SP1 running on a Windows 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 DC domain. I've reinstalled Dupdate 4.0 and also done the ExchangeVDir workaround I was wondering if anyone could help me solve a problem I have with OMA: Using a browser I can connect fine, but using a mobile phone I get Communication Error Checking the Security log the Authorization process is the same for both the browser and the mobile phone Checking the IIS log I can only spot 1 difference between the 2 connections: 2004-09-17 07:55:04 SERVER-IP GET /oma/oma.aspx - 80 USER WAPGATEWAY SonyErics...