Exchange 2003 SP2 Vista IE7 OWA

Yes I've searched and searched.  Yes I've done all the updates,
including Exchange updates, including Exchange2003-KB911829-v3-x86-
ENU.exe, and all other hotfixes.

I still can not compose new messages or reply to messages in OWA on
our Vista clients.  The box for adding a body to the message is not
active and only displays a Red X.

Anybody have any extra thoughts for me?

0
bjriffel (10)

Reply is missing in Outlook 2003
Several times we have encountered a mystic problem with e-mails where the reply is missing (Outlook in Office 2003). We send an e-mail and the recipient replies and everything looks OK but when the e-meil returns to us the reply message is missing. Only the original text is in the e-mail and it looks like the recipient forgot to write the answer.... Has anybody else noticed this problem and found out why this happens every now and then? It never happened with Office 2000. Mikael Ahlgren We are also using SuperOffice 5.6 to archive email. Since this problem seems to affect only the SuperO...

TO field blank in Outlook 2003 intermittently
Other people have had this problem, but I've yet to find a solution. When sending new messages, replying to messages, etc. Outlook 2003 users will send messages that are missing the TO field information on receipt. If they check Sent Items, the TO fields are also blank. Sometimes if sending to three people, one will show or none. No rhyme or reason to it. Using Exchange 5.5 SP4, btw, which seems to be a common theme. Will this happen when you use Outlook 2003 on a stand alone computer. Check out if this happens only when you have Outlook in an exchange server environment. If t...

Lost message served up by exchange
Hi all, Here is an interesting one for you. We are running an Exchange 2003 (SBS) server with a user connecting to it with Outlook 2003. The user said that a mail alert was shown for an email that had been delivered. However when going to the inbox the message could not be found. We have done a search through all his folders to see if we could find the message but to no avail. Upon checking the exchange 2003 server's message tracking centre, it had recorded that a message had been sent to the user and had been delivered to their local store. Thus the email has been lost. Could anyon...

Minimize Outlook 2003 to tray
Hi, I have a problem minimizing Outlook 2003 to systray. I installed Outlook XP and then upgraded to Outlook 2003. From what I understand Outlook 2003 is supposed to default to systray when minimized. I have tried the add dword MinToTray in the registry, but that did not work. I have not had this problem on any other machine. I think it may have something to do with upgrading instead of a fresh install??? It would be nice to have a setting in option since this is a popular feature. Any suggestions besides yelling at it? I've already done that too. Thanks It's not an...

how long does outlook 2003 save sent items?
i just looked today and all of my sent items from the past 4 years are GONE!!! i do not use archiving, and i have checked my old archive folder for them, they are not there. any help would be much appreciated - r gatestoo <gatestoo@hotmail.com> wrote: > i just looked today and all of my sent items from the past 4 years are > GONE!!! Then you deleted them somehow or are hiding them with a view filter because Outlook doesn't delete anything automatically, unless you've instructed it to do so. -- Brian Tillman ...

Exchange System Object Container
Hi, My Exchange System Object Container has been accidently moved to a different OU in the AD. Since then there were other changes to Exchange Public Folders new Stores etc which has rcreated a new Exchange System Object Container in the. Is this going to cause any problem? thanks Simon Simon: I have never seen this happen before, but I'll bet it is NOT GOOD. :-) Exchange can sometimes be really picky on the location of objects in Active Directory (such as the Exchange Domain Servers and Exchange Enterprise Servers groups MUST be in the CN=Users container!!!!) ...

Exchange Calendar update tool = unable to find mailbox timezone:Error 0x80004005
When i run the exchange calendar update tool i rececive the following message "Unable find mailbox timezone:Error 0x80004005". I have given my user account full permissions to each exchange store. What else could be causing this problem? alos how do i grant exchange view only admin, exchange full admin, and send as rights to my user account manullay. This script is not working for me? thanks "Jef A" <jef.aldrich@tatumllc.com> wrote in message news:%23AssN4YYHHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When i run the exchange calendar update tool i rececive the follow...

Exchange 5.5 & W2k SP4 #2
Hi, Can anybody tell me if there are known problems between Exchange 5.5 sp4 and Windows2000 server sp4. thnx Michiel Runs just fine here. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821543 MightyM wrote: > Hi, > > Can anybody tell me if there are known problems between Exchange 5.5 sp4 > and Windows2000 server sp4. > > thnx > > Michiel -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com ...

SelfSSL for Exchange 2003 HTTP/RPC
Will using the SELFSSL utility still allow me to use Exchange 2003 RPC /HTTP? I just want to make sure that my users are not prompted to accept a certificate when they fire up their Outlook 2003 form afar - its okay to be prompted for OWA. Server certs are quite cheap now... as little as $20. Why not get one from a trusted CA? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "<<JP<<" <jp@msn.com> wrote in message news:ugM9f43KGHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Will using the SELFSSL util...

Migration Exchange
Hello. I am getting ready to migrate another domain into my domain. They have exchange and so do I (2003). They want to be able to continue receiving emails from their old email addresses and their account on my server will be their new primary eamil address. My question is this, if I add their domain names (3 all together) into my exchange server, will it populate to all of our current staff as well. I thought about using their old email addressess as an alias, but I am not clear on how to do it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Kathy would you be able to create Receiptant Polic...

Exchange outbound mail
Hi Exchange Users, i'm new to exchange and wondering if you can help. MS Exchange is working fine but there is a minor thing with the outgoing side if things. Can i configure Exchange to sent mail to my Domain Providers SMTP Server ? (belive you can since it could be done in Exchange Server 5.5) I use POP Beamer to download from my Domain Providers POP3 server and forwards to the Exchange Server. specify your Domain Provider's SMTP server as a smart host "Steven Jones" <steven45@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:Xns9595AB1002D8Csteven45ntlworldcom@194.168.222...

error with exchange 2003
since last week, the application log is full of following message: the service threw an unexpected exception which was caught at f:\titanium\src\lra\abv_dg\serveragent.cpp(4511) this is domain controller (win 2003 server) and exchange server (exchange 2003. the network is running with 8 local computers. i could not find any help related to this error message and i need some help with this issue. thanks Any help from http://groups.google.com/groups?as_epq=service%20threw%20an%20unexpected%20exception%20which%20was%20caught&safe=images&ie=ISO-8859-1&as_ugroup=microsoft.publi...

Outlook 2003 slow opening first html msg
Anyone else noticed a slowdown recently when opening the first html formatted message in Outlook 2003? It might have occurred during the recent MS updates, or it might be where I upgraded to IE7. That all happened about the same time. On my Pentium 800 with .5gb of ram, the message frame appears in about 20 seconds and the contents in another 20 seconds. This seems to only happen on the first e-mail to be opened. The next opens instantly. Dave ...

Exchange 2003 SMTP log monitor?
Is there a simple and free tool to watch the contents of the SMTP virtual servers log in real time much like the Unix tail command? I have tried some free tail implementations and none of them seem to be able to update the screen as events are written to the file. I am logging in W3C Extended format if that helps. ___________________________________________ Remove dots before at to reply direct - Jon ...

One primary key per table? Access 2003 newbie
I'm under the impression that there is only one primary key per table in an Access database. I've got a class project where the professor asks to create a table of music categories. He tells me what categories are used (6 total) and he then explains that "the primary key for each category should be a short code consisting of letters. Another field will be a description of the category". I am completely lost as to what the professor is expecting. Can anyone shed some insight as to what he is expecting me to create? Please no flames about me going and asking the professor...

Exchange Certificate HowTo
I am looking for a howto on implementing Verisign Certificates into the Exchange environment. Currently all of our users have Digital ID's from Verisign to encrypt e-mail messages. We attempted to install these certificates into Outlook 2003 with no luck. When sending to user while attempting to encrypt it says that we are unable to send encrypted mail to this user even though we have his/her digital ID locally. My question involves how to get the server to recognize the certificates or how to enable exchange to see the certificates. We are using WIn2003 SBS with Exchange 2003 and on the c...

Migrate SBS 2003 to SBS 2008
Hi I have SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 and 20 Mailboxes. I have a new SBS 2008 installed with Exchange 2007. They are not in the same domain or in the same forest. I need to transfer the users and mailboxes from the SBS 2003 to the SBS 2008. Is there a way? Than'x Shay __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4847 (20100208) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Shay wrote: > Hi > > I have SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 and 20 Mailboxes. > I have a new SBS...

Setting up a preffered stock and a Reit in Money 2003
A Reit that is not yet publically traded and a Preffered stock is more like a Bond that a Stock. How best should they be entered and tracked? In microsoft.public.money, Bob Barker wrote: >A Reit that is not yet publically traded and a Preffered >stock is more like a Bond that a Stock. How best should >they be entered and tracked? I would set up the REIT as a stock, and I would set up the preferred stock as a stock too. Bonds are priced as a percent of par/face value. Why doesn't money have investments like Reits and Preffereds? They are becomming a more common...

Access 97 under Win 2k to Access 2003 under XP
I'm in a shop converting a large number of Access databases (over 500) for a large number of users. Some databases have one user, some have dozens. The rollout of XP is happening in a random manner, so we'd like to do some conversions before the users get XP. I figured we could convert the 97 databases using Access 2003 and save as a Win 2000 compatible mdb. Then when the users do get converted we simply generate a Windows 2003 mde. Are there any issues in testing a system as a Win 2k mdb then unleashing a 2003 mde or should it be plain sailing. Thanks - David. "mscertified...

load generator against exchange 2007 virtual instance in ESX
Anyone tried Load Generator against Exchange 2007 in vmware esx environment? I understand that this isn't supported by Microsoft, but it's very important for us. In our case (similar hardware, dedicated raids for database etc), physical instance OUTPERFOMS virtual instance dramatically... *** Physical instance results**** Action Profile: MMB3 Length of a 'simulation day': 1 hour length of the simulation: 1 hour Client type: Outlook 2003 Cached mode User Count: 300 TaskName Count AverageLatency 95th percentile Latency BrowseCalendar 30874 60 256 CreateContact 1040...

Change name of "Personal Folders" in Outlook 2003
How do I change the way a .PST file is displayed in Outlook 2003? If I open a .PST file it always displays in the folder list as "Personal Folders." So if I open several .PST files, they all display as "Personal Folders." I would like them to display as different, descriptive names. (I.E. January, February, etc.) Please advise. Trevor Right click the root of the folderset-> Properties-> button Advanced-> field Name -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slipst...

Exchange 2003 32k rule limit still??
Does Exchange 2003 still have the 32k limit on the size of server based rules, and if so is there a hack to get around this?? TIA, Kevin Kevin - This limitation remains in Exchange 2003 and I'm not aware of any way to get around it. You can maximize the number of rules you can use by making the rules small and removing extraneous text (short rule names, etc). -- Evan Dodds Microsoft Exchange Support ****** Disclaimer ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is used for new...

sending an attachment with outlook 2000 or outlook express and xp home sp2
Hi. Quick question. I am running outlook 2000 (or it also happens when I use outlook express) on a computer with xp home sp2. When I right click on a file, and select send to, mail recipient, my mail message pops up, and the subject line is filled in in the following manner Emailing: (file name) Is there anyway to turn off or get rid of the word "Emailing" from appearing in the subject line. I remember running outlook 2000 and outlook express on a win 98 computer, and not having this problem. Thanks for any help. Eric I have the fix for Win XP. Have no idea if it w...

OWA issue when there is an elipse in the subject line
Hi. We have a strange issue going on. Whenever a user gets an email with an elipse ":" somwhere in the subject line and tries to read it using OWA 2003, he gets a 404 page not found. Any pointers would greatly be appreciated. Thank you. "Gustavo" <Gustavo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCF8D1C6-95AC-44AA-A24B-1ADA7201F0B7@microsoft.com... > Hi. We have a strange issue going on. Whenever a user gets an email with > an > elipse ":" somwhere in the subject line and tries to read it using OWA > 2003, > he gets a 404 p...

How does Excel 2003 calculate trendlines with respect to axes?
I'm using Excel 2003. Excel is giving me the wrong equation for the trendline it produced. The curve resembles a parabola pointed downward with a positive offset on the y-axis. The x-axis has points -80, -70, -60, ..., 60, 70, 80. I changed the y-axis so that it crosses the x-axis at point zero. I do not believe that zero on my x-axis is zero according to the way it comes up with the trendline equation. I wish to figure out how to set up my x-axis with positive and negative numbers and still have the equation for the trendline be accurate. Steve - Make sure you're using ...