Exchange 2003 SP2 and IE 7

Hi,

Since installing IE 7 on the Exchange back-end server, I can't get access to
any information in the public folders from Outlook clients. I can open the
Public folders, but there is nothing showing in there... But if I add new
stuff, the new item shows up in that PF.

If I try the some public folder that are not replicated on this server, I
can see the content... This is not a permission problem, since that has not
changed, and has been verified...

Any one knows what is going on ???

Thanks !!!

0
thinkpad21 (78)

Error during Exchange Backup
Hello All, I am writing an application to backup and restore M.S. Exchange server programatically. I am using the Exchange Backup and Restore API and am developing the application in VC++ 6.0 on a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Editioon. I am able to do the backup successfully but I am getting error in the function "HrESERestoreAddDatabase" during the resore. I am trying to call the function HrESERestoreComplete as follows: //<step 8> //HrESERestoreComplete CString strTempLocationPath; CString strTempLocationPath1; strTempLocationPath = _T("C:\\viraj\\exchangedata_b...

Most recommended Exchange book?
I was wondering if you guys could recommend me a good "must have" Exchange 2003 reference book to keep around the office. Something more geared for an all encompasing and easy to use reference guide than certification testing would be appropriate. Thanks! On Mar 13, 8:46 am, Chris Lukowski <ChrisLukow...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was wondering if you guys could recommend me a good "must have" Exchange > 2003 reference book to keep around the office. Something more geared for an > all encompasing and easy to use reference guide than certificati...

CountIf #7
Hello, Using Excel XP, I would like to count the number of occurences that fall between two numbers. For example, I would like to count how many occurences that are between 5 and 10 in A1:A7. I tried =COUNTIF(A1:A7,">=5,<=10 ") but it does not return the correct value. Any help would be appreciated. Mike A ------------------------------ 1 4 2 6 3 12 4 17 5 3 6 8 7 1 =COUNTIF(A:A,"<=10")-COUNTIF(A:A,"<5") Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Mike" <windme@co...

Outlook 2003
I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either the subject or text body...or both. For example: looking for an email message about a specific invoice number 12345. Now, it does not find the number even when I know it's there....and can find it by hunting on my own. Thanks for any help you can offer~ "Hello_It''''s_Me-CA" <HelloItsMeCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B942C394-5363-49BE-AFB3-04E34C1CE4BF@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either > t...

Publisher 2003 Viewer is needed
Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for the other programs in Office? Can they? Yes Will they? Unlikely Mike Larry M. in Illinois wrote: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for > the other programs in Office? Larry M. in Illinois <Larry M. in Illinois@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they > have for the other programs in Office? Could they? Yes Is it profitable for them to do so? Probably not. W...

IE8 was deleted from my windows 7 and I cannot find correct downlo
I have a two month old Toshiba and deleted IE8 because of crashes. Trying to find the correct download to reinstall. The IE8 homepage just says it is included in windows 7 but does not show the download file....... ARRRG. Tried Vista IE8 download file but message says it not the correct operating system. On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:50:01 -0700, pawntonian <pawntonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a two month old Toshiba and deleted IE8 because of crashes. Trying to >find the correct download to reinstall. The IE8 homepage just says it is >included in wind...

Outlook 2003 #224
When I print from Outlook I get the following screen: A dialog box opens and says An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 1344 Char: 1 Error: Unspecified Error Code: 0 URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg All other applications work. Bob 5132361210 ...

Outlook 2003 hyperlinking error
Have just installed Outlook 2003, when I click on a html link within an email it opens my default web browser however the link appears in the browser with these additional symbols which stop the requested site from loading eg: http://%1%20http://www.microsoft.com Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Its driving me nuts. ...

Visio 2003: Custom Toolbars disappear
Sorry for the cross-posting, but I didn't get any responses in the visio.troubleshoot NG. I recently upgraded to Visio 2003 and have a perplexing problem. When I create a custom toolbar--or even when I customize a standard toolbar--they do not appear the next time I load Visio. Any ideas? I'm getting tired of recreating my custom toolbar every day! Thanks, Dave Go to View/Toolbars/ and you should see the list of customized toolbars you have made at the bottom of the menu. Selecting them will make them appear I tried to duplicate the problem you are having with seeing a standard ...

Automatically redirecting profiles to a new exchange server?
OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for arguments sake). The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually change each profile to reflect the new server. Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this? I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me. Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done? Thanks <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:1132785375.328184.274520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > OK ol...

Exchange Router / Deployment Manager
Hi, we have two diffrent issues with CRM 3.0. (But i think they belong togehter, perhaps?) 1. In Deployment Manager i can't browse the domain. (all windows are empty) But i can add users via web interface. 2. On the Exchange -> CRM E-Mail Router -> All users which i have added via Web GUI generate a "Failure" by locating the CRM Users with the Rule Deployment Wizard Thanks for your help! Have you managed to resolve this issue as we're facing the same problem. Any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks, Nick. "TN" wrote: > Hi, > &g...

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

Restore messages from Exchange database
Our SBS2000 crashed the other day without a backup of Active Directory. We now only have a backup of the exchange database (edb and stm files). The domain has been recreated from fresh and 5 computers were re-joined the domain. Exchange also were installed. Question: what would be the right way to restore the messages from the edb and stm backup copy? Thank you in advance! -jesk Jesk You'll have to recreate the Exchange org and do a restore. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopgde.mspx Unless you have a flat file recovery tool like Quest R...

Update Existing Purchase Orders with New Exchange Rate
Hello, I have existing Purchase Orders in Great Plains 8.0 were some of the line items have been received is there a way to change the exchange rate for the remaining line items and any new line items added? Thanks, Brian M. Database Administrator ...

Works in 2003 but not 2007
When I reference the below function in 2003 I get function displayed... now in 2007 I get #NAME? Any idea what I need to change/set in 2007 so it will run this function? Function formulaText(x As Range) 'returns the text equivalent of formula in upper left cell in range x 'example: =formulatext(a1) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet 'example: =formulatext(a1:b5) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet formulaText = x.Cells(1, 1).Formula End Function Thanks, Mark Mark, It works fine for me. Are you stored in a stan...

Outlook 2003 Personal Address Book forwarding problem
This Outlook 2003 is connected to a Exchange 5.5 Server The problem is this, everytime I try to forward any e-mail and use any distribution list on the Personal Address Book it does not want to send the e-mail but if I try to send it any other way it works fine. Thanks ...

multiple instances of IE on same site
I have winxp and use IE 8. My problem is that I have 2 usernames on some web forums. I used to be able to login using both usernames and have both instances running simultaneously. Now I can't. Everytime I'm logged in and try to initiate another instance the username just changes. It does not allow me to open 2 IEs with 2 usernames at the same time. I'm pretty sure this is just a setting but I don't know where it is. The reason I think it's an IE setting is that when I try to login with a competitor browser as the 2nd user...it allows it. Any help would be gre...

HTML view with outlook and pocket pc 2003
When I download email from a pop3 server, the messages are displayed only in text format not in HTML format, i can't see the images in the email, I only see lines or dashes. Check with microsoft.public.pocketpc for help with PPC. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Mike Mikhail <smikhail@socal.rr.com> asked: | When I download email from a pop3 server, the messages | are d...

IE and Outlook
After installation of IE 7, I cannot send any messages from Outlook. This has happened with two computers - one using Vista and the other XP with SP2. Once I click 'Send', I get an error message and the browser closes. I will appreciate any help. Thank you. Bit confused... if you say click send and the browser closes, does this mean that you are actually using Outlook Web Access and not Microsoft Outlook? If my logic is right and you are using Outlook Web Access, then this is a known issue when you have the Outlook Web Access S/MIME active x control installed. All you have to ...

Outlook 2003 Reply Signature
When replying or forwarding an e-mail, the typed text follows the settings I have set in Tools> Options> Mail Format> Fonts, however the signature picks up the font from the senders e-mail. I have edited and saved the signature several times, but for some reason I cannot get it to provide a fixed font. The style is "Normal" which for my computer is set to Times New Roman, however, when responding, it converts to whatever the normal style was in the senders e-mail. This happens for all mail I respond to, even ones that I originated and were sent back to me....

Access 2003 and Sharepoint
My company is moving most of our files into Sharepoint -- however, it seems no one could explain how Sharepoint is going to affect our current Access database. Can someone please enlighten me regarding Sharepoint and how it will benefit us if our Access database is stored in it? Will it make accessing the database faster through our network? Right-now our database is stored in a network drive and depending on where we are located from the server -- it may take long to accesst the data. Or any sites that will help explain the process of Sharepoint. Thank you, Sharon You cannot store your A...