Exchange 2003 SP1 Includes April Rollup Fixes?

Can I assume this is the case?
0
anonymous (74722)

2003 Rules question. Anyone? Spent hours on this.
I have my regular ISP email address, and a forwarding email address, that forwards some of my email to my ISP address. I get email to both addresses daily. I created a rule to move all mail where "my name is not in the To box" to a test folder, with the eventual goal of changing it to "Permanently Delete." However, it only works for the email address that is set up in my Mail Account, and not my forwarding address. (Which makes sense.) But I want to create this rule for both email addresses, otherwise, I am only getting half the benefit of the rule. I've searched Goog...

Exchange Server 5.5 #6
I have an old exchange server 5.5 that I need to start up to retrieve some old emails. How can I start this server up without interfearing with my new email server? I tried starting the processes up with the server disconnected from the network but they will not start up. Any suggestion on how I can get back into this old email server. Thanks! Will was the server removed from your site/org? if so, it should be OK to bring it up... "Will" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb401c4ac74$529ea910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have an old exchan...

Exchange 2003 edb problems
Hi. I am having problems with one of our Exchanges. It recently stopped working and the event log pointed at the problem being the database hitting the 16Gb limit. Looking at the Priv1.edb and stm files the are adding up to 16Gb but online defraging only seems to show 150mb of white space. If I add up all the mailboxes including deleted items however, it only comes to 5Gb. I tried an offline defrag but it only reduced the stm file by the expected 150mb. Having deleted as many un-necessary emails as possible, I have reset the deleted item retention to 0, and changed the maintenan...

Problems and more problems with exchange 2003 sbs
Today I reboot the our server, this is the first occasion after install a patch (that the windows has downloaded automatically) before few days. In 1 hour i received a message that the C: drive is full (yesterday I has 7GB free space) . surprised and checking the problem, I receive in my workstation a message that the outlook is not conected to the server. I seen that the mdadata folder has same hundreds of logs of 5MB size!!! After I move a lot of them to another location the exchange fill the free space with new logs...I change the configuration to make a circular logs and i moved a few hu...

Outlook 2003 Sends Read Receipt Requests
This is happening on all messages sent and even though the settings are such that it should not be sending them. I checked this on the individual messages and in the Tools>Options>E-Mail Options>Tracking Options and in neither location is that set to request a receipt. Any help is appreciated. Does this describe your issue? http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2008/up081023.htm#4 -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head...

Help question answer please up grading from 2000-2003
I am updating from office outlook 2000 to 2003. I am not comp. savy but trying to do a safe update and need some advice. I backed up all office files, contacts e-mails etc to a PST. When I installed 2003 disk it asked me to remove 2000 first. So I asume the procedure I would do is to add/remove 2000 install 2003 and import back the PST. sounds easy I thought since this was a update that it did everything Automactily Should my 2000 PST back up restore to the 2003 office when installed ? If I remove 2000 I have no disks to reinstall if things should go south thats why I am ...

Exchange 2007 SP2 DEPLOYMENT
Good Day our oragnization is planning to deply Exchange 2007 SP2 in our oragnization , is there any deployment precaution concernning SCR and SCR CLUSTERING . PLEASE ADVICE Absolutely, there is. There's a document in TechNet describing how you must apply SP2 to a CCR cluster, and there's information there about the required AD preparation before you install SP2. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ahmedgtech" <Ahmedgtech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40C2...

Looking for a consultant Expert on Exchange server
We are looking for a consultant who has extensive knowledge on Exchange 2003 and DNS Server configuratin can visit our loaction in here in DC. thanks Sunu On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:26:02 -0700, Sunu <Sunu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are looking for a consultant who has extensive knowledge on Exchange 2003 >and DNS Server configuratin can visit our loaction in here in DC. > >thanks >Sunu You pay my air fare from London and put me up in the Hilton and I'm there, otherwise you would probably want to contact somewhere slightly more local! DC area, hit me offl...

Pivot Chart/Report Help
I need some serious help here. I've been trying to figure this one out for 3 days now and I'm getting nowhere. I've searched google extensively for anyone else that might have been having this issue but come up with nothing. OK, I have a very simple pie chart created in Access 2003. It is basically just a form in which the default view is set to "Pivot Chart." If I view this on the screen, it looks fine. If I print out the form, the chart is upside down and backwards. If I print out the report in which the form is a sub-report, the chart is upside down and backward...

Netscape Communicator 7.1 export to Outlook 2003
I am trying to import messages and address book from Netscape Communicator 7.1 and following the instructions in KB article 242008 but the import for Outlook Express 6 does not 'like' the file location of the Communicator files Does anyone have any insights/suggestions on how I can accomplish this switch-over The ultimate goal is to get it all to Outlook 2003 and the KB indicates having to import to OE first "Karl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52F8FC11-A15B-4B9D-83E6-EC2BB5AA71F8@microsoft.com... > I am trying to import messages an...

errors while trying to send / receive messages thru hotmail (using Outlook 2003)
I use Outlook 2003 I've tried to configure Hotmail on Outlook 2003 I keep getting the following errors while trying to send / receive messages thru hotmail (using Outlook 2003) -------------------------- errors -------------------------- Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' --------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Exchange 5.5: Administrator
I'd like to be able to send mail as a user on my system. Currently, we use 3rd party software to track helpdesk emails and such. People continue to email my box when they should be sending the requests to support. I'd like to forward all of these emails to support from their accounts so they can track their support request. Here's the catch: I want to do this without being a delegate for their account. Is this possible? ...

Outlook 2003 "Favorite Folders" #2
In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box whitch contains folders. How does one edit these folders (remove.) Thanks...Keith Right click and remove, it is under the search folders. If you do not want any just choose folder list insetead of mail "Keith" <keith@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cRa%b.9581$aT1.8218@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box > whitch contains folders. > > How does one edit these folders (remove.) > > Thanks...

Exchange OAB's and Connectors for migration
Hi, I have followed the guides MS on removing the first 2000 server in the org. I have questions on the connectors and the OAB folder replication. I have updated all my connectors but what about the CCMAIL MSMAIL FreeBusy Plus There is no way to rehome them and I believe they aren't needed for ex 2003, so do they just get deleted when I remove the old exchange server by doing an uninstall? How about the oab folders under: Offline address book I followed the guide and added in the new server to be a replica for oab2, and then when sync'd removed it. But I notice under oab3 and oab...

Exchange 2007 and sharepoint1
Hello I ahve installed Exchange 2007 beta 2 on my 64 bit HP server. Everything instlaled correctly and i could access the OWA site. I decided to install sharepoint and when i did it looks as though sharepoint put IIS in 32 bit mode, and now my OWA site no longer works. Is it possible to run sharepoint and Exchange with OWA on the same box? I reinstalled .NET 2.0 and ran a cscript command to put IIS back to 64 bit mode, i am restarting now so hopefully this will fix the issue and i can continue on testing. Thansk On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 10:08:02 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft....

xmerge for exchange 2003 not working
Hello all, Salam to some of you I can only copy individual mailboxes using xmerge but not all mai boxes on the server? I get an erro Any help or suggestions? Many thank I guess our answer would depend on the errror. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "dali" <dali_osmane@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:QtednRQ24-Ykd6TeRVn_vA@giganews.com... > Hello all, Salam to some of you, > > > I can only copy individual mailboxes using xmerge but not all mail > boxes on the server? I get an er...

How do I tell if my Exchange 5.5 server is running the Enterprise
How do I tell if my Exchange 5.5 server is running the Enterprise Edition? Thanks, TNA in the application event log, each time the IS starts up, there will be an event generated - 1216 denotes Standard Edition...1217 denotes Enterprise Edition... "TNA" <TNA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0359A466-C4BA-4FAF-AAA2-24C1F9ACA899@microsoft.com... > How do I tell if my Exchange 5.5 server is running the Enterprise Edition? > > Thanks, > TNA ...

Exchange 2000 question regarding one AD object with 2 mailboxes
Help please. Exchange 2000 AD 2003. We have a mailbox for our Support desk. This mailbox is called supportdesk. So the AD object is also called supportdesk. We need to change the name to helpdesk. Prior to doing this we want to advertise the new name to all staff. Is there a way we can make the new AD object called helpdesk and then assign the old supportcenter mailbox to it before deleting the existing supportdesk mailbox . I.e create new account with mailbox called helpdesk and also have mailbox called supportdesk assigned to it as well. So if mail goes to supportdesk mailbox...

OWA on Exchange 2007 not working
I have installed Exchange 2007 EE and moved my mailbox. I've also created the OWA Virtural Directory via Power Shell. To access my mailbox via OWA I keyed" http://servername/owa/userid I've received the logon screen for OWA and entered my userid and password. When I click the Logon button I get the following message: Page not found HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Internet Information Services (IIS) Does anyone know why or have I may have missed trying to configure OWA in Exchange 2007 EE? I've created OWA under the "Default Web Site". Wh...

Fixed Assets #5
Is it possible to change Asset Acquisition Cost after updating Books? Hari Yes it is possible. You just go to the Arrow button near the acquistion cost amount and you will be in the Asset Purchasing info. Just add your additional cost in there. Do you want to change also your asset cost? Updating the acquisition cost do not aumatically update your Asset cost or Cost basis. Gerald "Hari" wrote: > Is it possible to change Asset Acquisition Cost after updating Books? > > Hari Thanks Gerald for your reply. Yes, I want to change Asset cost or Cost basis also. Is th...

Exchange 2003 Security Event 565
Hi. I am just starting to move users from my two Exchange 2000 (DCs) to my new Exchange 2003 (member) server. Now i see a lot of errors in the security log. The events is Object Access Event id 565 like this: Event Type: Failure Audit Event Source: Security Event Category: Object Access Event ID: 565 Date: 30-03-2006 Time: 15:56:07 User: DATAGRAF\deve Computer: HERMOD Description: Object Open: Object Server: Microsoft Exchange Object Type: Microsoft Exchange Database Object Name: /o=Datagraf/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=HERMOD/cn=Microsoft Private ...

Access 2003 won`t start.....
I tried to start Access 2003 several times today after not using it for a while and it won`t start. I did a MS Office Pro repair, and a Reinstall. Neither has helped. I did not remove Office 2003 Pro and then reinstall from scratch yet. That is my next option. I read on the web that Access won`t start when IE7 is installed on my XP Home system. Outlook, PPoint, Publisher, Excel, etc. all start but not Access. Any suggestions? I looked through past threads but can find nothing on this subject. Thank You Plain -- what a mess! That may have been OWA (Outlook Web Access), but ...

SBS 2003 R2 & Virtual PC
Can anyone advise? I have client that uses sbs and finds the VPN link too slow - Therefore he uses RD to the server and works on that as though it was a workstation (Not good I know but we are only talking about a very small firm with 5 Users) Problem is he cant get his email as I will not let him load outlook onto server. I was going to look at having a virtual PC running on server so he can RD to server then run the Virtual XP PC from their - Thus running outlook. Is this best way and if so should I use Virtual PC 2007 or something else? Any advice would be greatly apprec...

Installation of LCS 2005 SP1 in a 64 bits server running OS 2003 R
Two situations: First: With .NET Framework 2.0 & 3.0 install, the LCS installation does not report any errors, but the LCS console is blank. The workaround stated in kb926921 does not work in this case. Also, the live communications tab for the user configuration does not show up either. The LCS start after a reboot but still the same condition and I'm not able to configure the service. Second: Without .NET Framework installed got the following message and the installation failed: Product: MSFT Office Live Communications Server 2005 - - Error 1935. An error occurred during the ...

Problems opening Outlook 2003 #2
I click on the office outlook 2003, it says "configuring outlook accounts", then I get the message, "your microsoft exchange server is unavailable" ( retry, work offline, cancel). I try the work offline tab then a box comes up saying, " unable to open your default email folders, your profile is not configured. I try to configure my profile and something i am doing is not right. Please help. What do I do? Thank you for your help with this problem. Keith Are you trying to connect to an Exchange server? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to ...